Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

What Australians Think About Nigerians - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Australians Think About Nigerians (52595 Views)

Who Noticed This About Nigerians Who Have Family Members Abroad? / Check Out Australians You Would Never See On TV (photos) / New Rwandan Here...what Should I Know About Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 06, 2019
​So, I was going through my mail. And I saw this timely writeup below by Quora.com user Alexandra Goldhar. I consider the write up to be a wake up call to Nigerians. This is because it shows us what others really think of us, and how corruption and 419 eyaff pour sand-sand for our garri.

Do you know that Australians are taught in classrooms that Nigerians go through old hard drives of imported second-hand computers to get passwords to steal information from people abroad? (Is that true?)

Read below to find out how Australians view our dear country. Some of the views are funny. Others not so funny.

Minister of Information, Government and Nigerian journalists, you have a lot of work to do o!

In fact, every Nigerian, we need to change our international image fast!

Or else one day, foreigners may be looking at you the way they were looking at the narrator after the cut: as if you have come to their country to steal their hard drives.

What does an Australian

think of Nigerians?

[b]Alexandra Goldhar

"I was once invited to a friend’s house for dinner and I was asked by her mother, ‘what is Nigeria known for’. I was about to mention food, music and movies but this friend’s younger sister blurted out ‘corruption’. Everyone else on the table laughed. Then the father started talking about Nigerian prince scams and all other nonsense. I was told apparently that the sister wrote a paper on Nigeria and corruption.

" I was in a computer class once and the teacher was teaching about e-waste and how in Nigeria, people go through old hard drives and such and find passwords which are then used to steal information from people abroad. I kid you not, the whole class turned around and looked at me like I was going to steal all their money.

"Other conversations with Australians include them thinking there are no fancy cars in Nigeria, that there is crime and a lot of theft, scams as usual , poverty is rampant etc.

"So, the reaction to Nigeria is not very positive.

"However, I should add that the Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander population have a more positive view. I have Indigeonous friends who want to visit Nigeria with me and ask about the food, music and culture."

http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2019/01/06/shocking-you-wont-believe-what-australians-are-taught-about-nigerians-and-computer-hard-drives/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 06, 2019
Yes Na, the world only know Nigeria for corruption,scam and bad government

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
Yes Na, the world only know Nigeria for corruption,scam and bad government
They believe that Nigerians go through hard drives to get their passwords to scam them. Can you imagine!! But is that true?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:28am On Jan 06, 2019
but that's d utter truth, abi u want make we dey hide d truth.... Nigeria itself is a big scam on its own .....yeye country

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 06, 2019
They believe that Lalasticlala will chop all the snake in their kwantiri if they grant him visa cheesy

But on a serious note, this is an indictment on our country. We have to change the narrative.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 06, 2019
igbodefender:

They believe that Nigerians go through hard drives to get their passwords to scam them. Can you imagine!! But is that true?
Na Nigerians ain't that smart, to be honest Nigeria is a baby in internet fraud business.

Countries like Russia is the king but you'll never ever hear their media reporting such news even USA.

279 Likes 18 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by helinues: 6:29am On Jan 06, 2019
Replying yourself by yourself...lol

Anyways, that is one person opinions. I have friends in AU and NZ with different views to this.

20 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 06, 2019
helinues:

Anyways, that is one person opinions. I have friends in AU and NZ with different views to this.
Why you talk so? cheesy
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2019
helinues:

What are their views? Mind you, Alexandra stated that the Aborigines like Nigeria. But the settler majority do not have s great view of our country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by plainol(m): 6:51am On Jan 06, 2019
This is Nigeria!
'
A nation with a leader whose Identity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose age is in question.
A nation with a leader whose certificate is in question.
A nation with a leader whose competence is in question;.
A nation with a leader whose integrity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose patriotism is in question.
A nation with a leader whose followers' sanity is in question.
A nation with a leader whose love for humanity is in question
'
Welcome to Nigeria,
'
The home of most gullible and confused people on earth.
The home of people starving to death but chanting Sai Baba!
The home for the Poor and sickly myopic political followers
The home where anomalies are normal
The home where a Failed leader is seeking Re-election
The home where truth is hate-speech and lie is truth
The home where democracy is upturned and youths don't talk
The home with a leader with an open nature of Adolf Hitler.
'
Our home, where we have a leader,
'
Who stole NNPC's $2.8 billion (1977), $25billion (2018)
Who mismanaged $150 million PTF (1998)
Who has caused this nation brain-drain by his incompetence
Who believes that lawful expression is a treason
Who cannot tolerate criricism or opposition
Who has actively supported and encouraged terrorism
Who made our treasury experience rape and drain
Who is legendary for tribal and religious bigortry
Who insults Nigerians at will before foreign audiences
Who defies court order having no regard for Rule of Law
Who is anti-people...never signing bills good for masses.
'
You are welcome to a nation with a leader whose business in office is blame past government while having no competence to deliver on his own campaign promises. Sai, what a nation!.

203 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by wami7470: 6:52am On Jan 06, 2019
The very day you say you are a Nigeria abroad that's the day your problem and hardship begins because you will face racism like never before.

Just kukuma say you are from the western African state or wakada.

Nigerian has spoil the name Nigeria.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:06am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
Na Nigerians ain't that smart, to be honest Nigeria is a baby in internet fraud business.

Countries like Russia is the king but you'll never ever hear their media reporting such news even USA.

My brother God bless you for this..

All these so called gee boiz we have here are babies when it comes to hacking and Internet scams. Russia na number one. infact Russians have the best hackers in the world. but u won't hear them or the government talk about it.

well, like the saying goes ----The empty barrel makes the loudest noise.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by dkronicle(m): 7:07am On Jan 06, 2019
One of my Australian friends used to talk about biafra. She no de tire, she like d topic

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:10am On Jan 06, 2019
Well, that is their personal opinion and we don't give a flying phuck about it. Besides the whites are more corrupt than us. just that they hide theirs and help us expose ours..

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 06, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

My brother God bless you for this..

All these so called gee boiz we have here are babies when it comes to hacking and Internet scams. Russia na number one. infact Russians have the best hackers in the world. but u won't hear them or the government talk about it.

well, like the saying goes ----The empty barrel makes the loudest noise.
Nigeria media need to be seriously control, outsiders will just visit nairaland and see all the tribalistic stuff going on here.

Instablog is causing division and promoting bad image of Nigeria.

Have you ever seen dirty places in American film? No they'll never allow it

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:19am On Jan 06, 2019
Edodefender:
Nigeria media need to be seriously control, outsiders will just visit nairaland and see all the tribalistic stuff going on here.

Instablog is causing division and promoting bad image of Nigeria.

Have you ever seen dirty places in American film? No they'll never allow it

Hmmm
True talk bro.

But if the government tries going through the media to checkmate it's excesses, the same people will still shout dictatorship and lack of freedom of speech.

36 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 06, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Hmmm
True talk bro.

But if the government tries going through the media to checkmate it's excesses, the same people will still shout dictatorship and lack of freedom of speech.
grin so true

2 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2019
wami7470:
The very day you say you are a Nigeria abroad that's the day your problem and hardship begins because you will face racism like never before.

Just kukuma say you are from the western African state or wakada.

Nigerian has spoil the name Nigeria.
Lol @ Wakanda
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by dedons: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2019
We Australians passionately hate Nigerians. We never want to have anything to do with that shit hole country.

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Beehshorp(m): 8:41am On Jan 06, 2019
What do they think about the president?

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Maxmavis(m): 8:41am On Jan 06, 2019
This isn't worthy of FP. Next!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:41am On Jan 06, 2019
INTERESTING

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2019
Most of una no get sense
This is an indictment on the character of me and you as average Nigerians. It has nothing to do with President Buhari and all those who have Special and diplomatic passports.
Some Nigerians are bad YES. but most foreigners and even some of you here that are very dumb exaggerate the crimes. And by your analysis and Australians analysis out of 200million of us 180million or more of us are criminals is that true? If that is true how is Nigeria still in existence � why are UN troops or AU troops not at every corner trying to restore or maintain peace.

Some of you are jokingly typing RUBBISH you don't know this things will remain here forever and foreigners will read it and use as prove that all Nigerians are criminals continue. I remember Estonian newspaper published an article in Estonia about Nigerians discovering Estonia and moving in droves a topic here on Nairaland was their source that Nigerians were asking questions about their country on NL.
Also Somali's came here to attack us one time because a Somali put up a topic about somali women being beautiful they assumed a Nigerian put it up and started a series of topics and a barrage of insults. You do not realise how powerful the Internet is and how much consequence misinformation has.

Other countries more notably, USA, Russia even North Korea use misinformation to make the world and their people think they are the greatest nations on earth because they want us to respect or fear them. yet they are not the greatest in anything, not live expectancy, education, health care, hospitality, standard of living etc despite this we have the illusion that they are what they present themselves to be. we on the other hand use misinformation to destroy our selves, our image and our economy.

I don't blame the Australians because they are being cautious for their own safety and keeping their people and money away from us. I blame us for furthering and letting the misinformation grow and laughing over it.
Someone thinks you are a criminal and you are laughing over it calling Buhari as if before he came they didn't already think we were criminals, it is funny to you now but wait until you suffer something as a result of what they think. racism, Denied visa, rejected business proposal, denied admission etc simply because you are Nigerian or reside in Nigeria. Already we can not receive money through paypal.
gofundme and many other tech companies avoid Nigeria entirely especially dating apps, financial apps and social media apps. Currently they are all avoiding Nigeria some have an outright No Nigerian policy, even western union sends warning when someone tries to do any transaction with a Nigerian. Keep laughing.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Tunasco4u(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2019
OK
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Pavore9: 8:43am On Jan 06, 2019
The bitter truth is that outsiders have dim image of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by yjgm(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2019
Most of the white people think like that until they are scammed. That's when they know Naija no de carry last
Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Chanchit: 8:43am On Jan 06, 2019
I have an Australian friend. He is a music producer, he also mix and master songs. I got him through Google, and he offered to mix and master the song for free. We remained friends since then.
When I tell people that the song was mixed and mastered by an Australian, the first thing they say is, tell him to send you invitation to come to Australia, I tell them, must we always confirm what they tell them about Nigerians every time they meet another Nigerian?

56 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by datola: 8:43am On Jan 06, 2019
I blame those who are running out of Nigeria. They are compounding the problems.

Let's all stay put here, face the issues ourselves and arrive at solutions to our miralds of problems.

5 Likes

Re: What Australians Think About Nigerians by Pearlyakin(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2019
dedons:
We Australians passionately hate Nigerians. We never want to have anything to do with that shit hole country.
Lying liar oshi

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Likely Questions To Expect At The Port Of Entry / Images That Perfectly Describe Living In Abuja!!!! / Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.