Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm (11692 Views)

Christian Ihim: Gunmen Kill Imo APC Ward Chairman, Kidnap 5 APC Members / Gunmen Kidnap 5 Wedding Guests In Anambra / Zamfara: Bandits Stock Piling Arms – Governor Raises Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by deji17: 12:10am On Jan 07, 2019
IPOB threatens to kidnap 5 southeast governors, Ebonyi governor raises alarm
By Nabob Ogbonna, Abakaliki

Date Jan 6, 2019

The governor of Ebonyi state, Engr. David Umahi, has raised alarm that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) threatened to kidnap five governors from Nigeria’s southeast region.

He raised the alarm on Sunday at Nwaegu Military Cantonment in Abakaliki, Ebonyi state during the official flag-off of Operation Egwu Eke III by the Nigerian Army 82 Division.

He said that the fresh threat from IPOB was received via text message sent to his wife.

He also said that his state was not part of the region which formed the sovereign States of Biafra as proclaimed by the IPOB.

Umahi, who is currently the chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, also insisted that some of the agitations of IPOB members were genuine except that their approach towards actualizing their objectives was bad.

“The GOC you are coming at a time we had note from our brothers and sisters of IPOB sending text messages that there will be no elections and insulting the leaders, particularly the south east governors.

“Just few days back, they sent text message to my wife that the 5 governors of south east would be kidnapped and that their security would over power that of the governors and after ransom are paid, they would kill them and kill themselves.

“As a leader in the zone I must say that some of their complaints are genuine but the approach is very bad, that is why the leaders of south east is not in support of their approach.

“And so, we are not against them but their approach. And as the Chief Security Officer of the state, I do not welcome them. Ebonyi state is not part of Biafra, we are a sovereign state. We don’t want to be colonised again; we are a state demanding better treatment in the affairs of our nation,” he said.

Umahi also insisted that he would report some cult groups to Operation Egwu Eke III, owing to the fact that they breached their earlier agreement reached following the recent clashes recorded in the state.

He explained that the report of the cult clashed was made known to him through the state’s Commissioner of Police and the Director of State Security Services.

Speaking earlier, the General Officer Commanding 82 Division, Major General Abubakar Maikobi said the exercise for the first time would be conducted simultaneously across the nation.

Maikobi further assured residents in Ebonyi state and south east including other states under 82 Division of the readiness of Nigerian Army to be professional in the discharge of their duty during the exercise and thereafter, particularly be neutral in the forthcoming elections.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ipob-threatens-to-kidnap-5-southeast-governors-ebonyi-governor-raises-alarm.html

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by oyebanji44: 12:16am On Jan 07, 2019
grin grin grin the second child of biafra died completely..l laff grin grin grin the emergence of one nigeria from those strains and stresses and war was proof that the Nigerian nationhood had already arrived.igbos condemning biafrans l laff again grin grin grin grin On this Question of Nigerian unity,l agree with buhari. grin grin grin grin grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by deji17: 12:21am On Jan 07, 2019
He also said that his state was not part of the region which formed the sovereign States of Biafra as proclaimed by the IPOB.

Really? Ebonyi was not part of the states that formed Biafra?

22 Likes

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by deji17: 12:23am On Jan 07, 2019
“And as the Chief Security Officer of the state, I do not welcome them. Ebonyi state is not part of Biafra, we are a sovereign state. We don’t want to be colonised again; we are a state demanding better treatment in the affairs of our nation,” he said.

Umahi

Hehehehe. No lefelendum, no erection.. grin grin grin grin grin

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by mpianya39(m): 12:30am On Jan 07, 2019
One of the errands boys to the Hausa-fulani angry

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by mpianya39(m): 12:48am On Jan 07, 2019
deji17:

Really? Ebonyi was not part of the states that formed Biafra?

Deji can you tell us wetin carry you go Anambra with one zoogerian beggars angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by deji17: 12:51am On Jan 07, 2019
mpianya39:

Deji can you tell us wetin carry Anambra with one zoogerian beggars angry

If you can tell us why Ebonyi Governor made the statement below..

“ And as the Chief Security Officer of the state, I do not welcome them. Ebonyi state is not part of Biafra, we are a sovereign state. We don’t want to be colonised again; we are a state demanding better treatment in the affairs of our nation,” he said.

Umahi

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by bizza45: 12:53am On Jan 07, 2019
go ahead... the is one thing I know, these ipob guys can't do shit.. wetin una know na to make noise and call for meeting every now and then... na only for social media na e una get mouth ... go ahead I dare u guys to do it ...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by deji17: 1:04am On Jan 07, 2019
mpianya39:

Only una be sexy Yoruba Muslim, 2face and cross dresser

You are ashamed to provide answers why Ebonyi Governor said this?

“And as the Chief Security Officer of the state, I do not welcome them. Ebonyi state is not part of Biafra, we are a sovereign state. We don’t want to be colonised again; we are a state demanding better treatment in the affairs of our nation,” he said.

Umahi

No lefelendum, no erection..

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by meolaniyi(m): 1:12am On Jan 07, 2019
Umahi my man. I love this Governor.
Biafra is dead on arrival. Join meaningful Nigerians to elect Buhari.

Power will shift SE and Umeahi becomes president 2023

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by austinsmat(m): 1:16am On Jan 07, 2019
Another way to tag ipob a bad name umahi your plans will never work bcoz ipob is a peaceful movement

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by deji17: 1:26am On Jan 07, 2019
meolaniyi:
Umahi my man. I love this Governor.
Biafra is dead on arrival. Join meaningful Nigerians to elect Buhari.

Power will shift SE and Umeahi becomes president 2023

For where?

No lefelendum, no erection.
You want to dash Pa Nwabueze last hope?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by timecapsule: 1:50am On Jan 07, 2019
With this Nigeria have scored own goal again.
Nothing can stop the SUN to rise, not even Python.
The SUN must rise.

9 Likes

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by elmodee7(m): 3:22am On Jan 07, 2019
Idiotic pigs of biafia terrorists.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by AyakaDunukofia: 3:22am On Jan 07, 2019
Umahi, I thought you and your colleague governors have gone this road of manipulating the image of IPOB as criminals and terrorists before, but failed in the face of committee of nations?

This time, why do you think that telling people your wife received a message of threat of kidnap from IPOB would do the trick? I am not a member of IPOB given that I don't approve of some of Kalu's utterances toward other people even as I didn't like the manner with which he managed his presence before his followers while in Nigeria.

Having said that, there is no excuse for the cowardly Nigerian army to be in the SE. For what? The wildly held notion is that you are working for Buhari.

So using a fictitious text message to your wife as a pretext to welcome an army that are poised to intimidate AtikuObi voters, is a primitive and evil way of disenfranchising your own people. Terrible.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by naijjaman(m): 3:23am On Jan 07, 2019
shocked
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by EggSauce(m): 3:24am On Jan 07, 2019
Biafra should be given to to the Igbo people please... Imagine Igbo man paying visa fee.... paying additional taxes as a foreigner to work in Nigeria....e.t.c ... One thing i know for sure Nigeria can do without Igbos but Igbos can't do without Nigeria

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by jlinkd78(m): 3:25am On Jan 07, 2019
Most of these persons at d helm of affairs in governance are summarily daft and unintelligent. Imagine Umahi telling d world that IPOB made d threats through an sms to his wife's phone, what a means of communication indeed. Instead of d govt to track d owner of d phone line which they have d capability to do they are here joining issues with d world renowned peaceful organisation. Nnamdi Kanu has a verifiable Twitter handle, Emma Powerful always make IPOB releases public and Radio Biafra page is all accessible. Text message my foot

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by paparazzi1987(m): 3:30am On Jan 07, 2019
they should just kidnap all the counsellors, Chairmans, Senators, politicsl appointees, ex political appointees, the president, Saraki, Sheu Sanni, Remo, Dino, the midget of Kaduna, etc....

Gather all this people bury them alive so that we can have peace in this country na undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by MarcC: 3:30am On Jan 07, 2019
Some persons are trying hard to raise negative sentiments against IPOB.. These IPOB guys don't carry gun. Biafra is not a nation but a mentality. . Do u physically fight a mentality? Nigeria sef. Boko haram and herdsmen dey there dat need our weapons to use against, we won't go there... NA would go to the east fighting wat?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Teobaba(m): 3:30am On Jan 07, 2019
You now know why the military launched Operation python dance in South-East .yesterday I watched u vomit rubbish on how u will resist the military now resist the Igbos

1 Like

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by MarcC: 3:33am On Jan 07, 2019
EggSauce:
Biafra should be given to to the Igbo people please... Imagine Igbo man paying visa fee.... paying additional taxes as a foreigner to work in Nigeria....e.t.c ... One thing i know for sure Nigeria can do without Igbos but Igbos can't do without Nigeria

Look at this one? And u think once Igbo gets Biafra, NigerDelta would keep feeding Nigeria with oil? Oga have sense na! Is it the many uneducated Northerners that would rule? Who owns commerce in Nigeria? Business is wat makes economy grow,take it out and all would collapse

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by homealone00: 3:42am On Jan 07, 2019
grin
Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by id4sho(m): 3:44am On Jan 07, 2019
Fire in the Pot.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 07, 2019
EggSauce:
talking shit by this time of the day.

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by deji17: 3:50am On Jan 07, 2019
paparazzi1987:
they should just kidnap all the counsellors, Chairmans, Senators, politicsl appointees, ex political appointees, the president, Saraki, Sheu Sanni, Remo, Dino, the midget of Kaduna, etc....

Gather all this people bury them alive so that we can have peace in this country na undecided

Be honest, you know that list is not complete without you.. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by QuotaSystem: 3:54am On Jan 07, 2019
IPOB are just confused wannabe terrorists. 'Peaceful' agitators with one corner of the mouth, kidnappers and 'abokki' bus hunters/Dangote truck burners with the other.

All bark & no bite, but even a toothless barking dog must be chained (or neutralised) for peace to reign.

Kudos to Umahi for directing & ushering the python to it's original dance floor, ensuring IPOB & co will be contained this Febuhari.

But Umahi's Buhari campaign style bad gaaan grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by KingThreatzz: 3:57am On Jan 07, 2019
Lesser votes for Atiku where he will probably win

1 Like

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by Donelli: 4:08am On Jan 07, 2019
IPOB threatened to kidnap 5 SE governors and the governors did not receive the text but it was sent to your wife... Why

At least we can respect Lai Mohammed for being creative and mature with falsehood but this old man, is this the best you could come up with?
Shame! grin

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Threatens To Kidnap 5 Southeast Governors, Ebonyi Governor Raises Alarm by tit(f): 4:09am On Jan 07, 2019
no wonder soldier kidnap daily trust

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo House Of Assembly Suspends 27 LGAs Chairmen / McCarthy Mbadugha: Court Stops EFCC From Arresting Innocent Chukwuma’s Lawyer / They Told Tinubu To Test His Mic, He tasted/Licked It Instead (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.