Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message (13760 Views)

Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States / Have You Ever Broken Up With Someone By Text Message? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by 13Ebiscoo: 7:39am On Jan 07, 2019
A new regulation in Saudi Arabia is set to stop Saudi women from being divorced without their knowledge.

Starting from Sunday, courts will be required to notify women by text on rulings confirming their divorces.

Local female lawyers suggest the measure will end what are known as secret divorces - cases where men end a marriage without telling their wives.

The directive would ensure women are fully aware of their marital status and can protect rights such as alimony.

Last year, a decades-old driving ban on women was lifted in Saudi Arabia.

However, women still remain subject to male guardianship laws.

"The new measure ensures women get their [alimony] rights when they're divorced," Saudi lawyer Nisreen al-Ghamdi told Bloomberg. "It also ensures that any powers of attorney issued before the divorce are not misused."

Many women have filed appeals to courts over being divorced without their knowledge, lawyer Samia al-Hindi told local newspaper Okaz.

The new step is said to be part of economic and social reforms pushed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, such as allowing women to attend football matches and work in jobs traditionally reserved for men. (BBC)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/07/saudi-notify-women-divorce-text-message/

2 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by osemoses1234(m): 7:42am On Jan 07, 2019
Bv
Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by olaolulazio(m): 7:42am On Jan 07, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Exwizard: 7:43am On Jan 07, 2019
Best shot

our handy work
Get yours, very affordable
Check image for contact
Ogun Lagos buyers only

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by chinavs9ja(m): 7:43am On Jan 07, 2019
Can Nigeria do this?

I am a web designer and a developer. Check my signature if you need my service
Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by jamaicabakare(m): 7:43am On Jan 07, 2019
H
Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Dpharisee: 7:44am On Jan 07, 2019
Western media is giving a lot of coverage to this simple event of SMS as a distraction from the bad publicity that the murder of the Washington Post journalist Jamal Kashoggi brought on the Crown Prince MBS and the genocide he is committing in Yemen with the connivance of US and UK. undecided

8 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:44am On Jan 07, 2019
Technology is bae.

This is interestingly interesting

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by ojuu4u(m): 7:44am On Jan 07, 2019
Evil nation, claiming to be holiest, what an irony!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by thorpido(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2019
Well I hope the reforms continue to better women's lives.

Such crude and chauvinistic laws in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Highball(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2019
K
Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2019
It's a welcome development... We would send text to Baba after next month elections too.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by itiswellandwell: 7:45am On Jan 07, 2019
Hmmmm. Seems Saudi is not been fair to women. Make Nigeria women dey thank God be that.

Need to replace Ur bad s8 screen? Av got one s8 screen for just 55k. Call/whatsapp 09090287555

3 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:45am On Jan 07, 2019
chinavs9ja:
Can Nigeria do this?
........and why should Nigeria do it?!
On top wetin exactly?!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by chengd: 7:46am On Jan 07, 2019
My ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) Symptoms started out with a "foot drop" on my left foot. From there my left leg lost all muscle tone and the entire left leg muscles are gone. Also my fingers and thumbs "contract" at times. Left arm loses muscle tone too. My family doctor said there is no cure for ALS, I was just living unhappy life till I saw a blog talking about Best Health Herbal Centre. So many people said positive things about their herbal product which I don’t believe at first. I showed my daughter what I saw online about their product and my daughter decided we shall give it a try. Few days later she purchased two bottle of ALS herbal remedy which they said I will use for only six weeks. My life changed automatically after six weeks of applying the herbal remedy as instructed. All my symptoms was terminated completely and am now living ALS FREE ..
All Thanks to Best Health Herbal Centre for their good work in people’s life. For more details about their herbal product visit their Homepage
w ww. besthealthherbalcentre .co m
Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by chinavs9ja(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2019
post=74522995:

On top wetin?!
grin, are you scared?
Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by slickbak(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2019
And 9ja girls will be saying; "imagine he broke up with me through a text message". ��

2 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Kingvick: 7:47am On Jan 07, 2019
Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by LindelConsult: 7:47am On Jan 07, 2019
Talk to us today.

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 07, 2019
Good development.Imagine not knowing your marital status.Its better to find out through a text message than to be kept in the dark .

2 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by calddon(m): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2019
A very improper way to treat women and the sacred union of a marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Passionate888: 7:49am On Jan 07, 2019
Allah akbomb

1 Like

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Sparkle777(f): 7:50am On Jan 07, 2019
Terrible Nation that treats their mothers, sisters and wives like thrash.
For this, Oh Lord, am grateful to be a Nigerian. We are not there yet but no man can divorce u here without due process, I can drive without encumbrances, wear wat I feel like and generally be myself.
Wit time, we wil address alimony and child support in Nigeria, we wil get there soon. Amen

16 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by NaijaMutant(f): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2019
Foolish law

Foolish country

Foolish religion of piss

2 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by sapiosexist(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2019
It's time the world abandons this Archaic Muslim beliefs. because she's female, does that make her a lesser being? it's so appalling that religion that is supposed to connect man and God is the one denying people their rights. saudi Arabia is a country any sane thinking person should not visit.

4 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Flexherbal(m): 7:53am On Jan 07, 2019
So, some men have been divorcing their wives, secretly!

1 Like

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Speedyconnect15: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2019
Just text messages.

Women here enjoy shaa shocked cool

But seriously, some women are being maltreated by men and all religions spite women and treat them like slaves.

Even the Christian religion.

Those gloating over ill treatment to women should remember their sisters.

GET NEW YEAR MTN DATA PROMO BELOW!

Just click the details and over 734 testimonies below.

Daalu nu!

2 Likes

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58am On Jan 07, 2019
chinavs9ja:

grin, are you scared?
Lol wink, we don't want that kinda thing here o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:58am On Jan 07, 2019
Allahu Akbar!
Re: Saudi To Notify Women Of Divorce By Text Message by RevenGeMission: 7:59am On Jan 07, 2019
thats cold

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Signs She Is A Feminine Woman - Valorforfreedom / Are You Being Too Good? Setting Healthy Boundaries / The Story Of The Little Girl That Was Killed By Her Careless School Bus Driver .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.