Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon (883 Views)

Coup: I’m Very Happy With What Happened In Gabon — Fayose / 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash / Troops Neutralize Armed Bandits In Military Camouflage In Zamfara.Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by naijapikin04(m): 9:50am On Jan 07, 2019
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/01/07/just-military-takes-gabon/

The military in oil-rich Gabon is saying it has seized power from the President Ali Bongo-led government in the country.

The BBC reports that soldiers in the West African country said they launched a coup to restore democracy.

They took control of the national radio station in the early hours of Monday to read a short statement announcing a “National Restoration Council”.

The BBC also reported that tanks and armed vehicles were on the streets of the capital Libreville.

President Bongo took over power in 2009.

He reportedly suffered a stroke in October and received treatment in Morocco.

Mr Bongo sought to put an end to the rumours about his health with a New Year message in which he said he was feeling fine.

Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by eagleeye2: 9:51am On Jan 07, 2019
Africa my Africa

3 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by eagleeye2: 9:54am On Jan 07, 2019
naijapikin04:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/01/07/just-military-takes-gabon/

The military in oil-rich Gabon is saying it has seized power from the President Ali Bongo-led government in the country.

The BBC reports that soldiers in the West African country said they launched a coup to restore democracy.

They took control of the national radio station in the early hours of Monday to read a short statement announcing a “National Restoration Council”.

The BBC also reported that tanks and armed vehicles were on the streets of the capital Libreville.

President Bongo took over power in 2009.

He reportedly suffered a stroke in October and received treatment in Morocco.

Mr Bongo sought to put an end to the rumours about his health with a New Year message in which he said he was feeling fine.

Isn't the bolded familiar elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by Petersamuel8(m): 9:55am On Jan 07, 2019
military coupe in this 21st century hmmm

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by mushystuff: 10:02am On Jan 07, 2019
AFRICA!!!
Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by LuciferKristi: 10:06am On Jan 07, 2019
Isn't this the same Gabon that the United States sent troops to monitor Congo DR's election just last week?

How are we sure it wasn't a decoy used by the CIA to topple him?

I mean they tried something similar against Fidel Castro's Cuba in the 60s didn't they?

If the United States sets foot in your country, war must breakout.

*spits angry

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by LibertyRep: 10:09am On Jan 07, 2019
PMB should immediately send words to the tiny military of Gabon to restore democracy immediately unless...

Military coup isn't fashionable any longer.
Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by jaiykem: 10:11am On Jan 07, 2019
Ali Bongo the man alleged to be from Nigeria. Thank God this can't happen in Nigeria
Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by accused(m): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2019
9ja next before ending of January 2019
Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by baralatie(m): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2019
the coup plotters have been stopped,arrested and normalcy has returned to Gabon
Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by SalamRushdie: 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2019
LuciferKristi:
Isn't this the same Gabon that the United States sent troops to monitor Congo DR's election just last week?

How are we sure it wasn't a decoy used by the CIA to topple him?

I mean they tried something similar against Fidel Castro's Cuba in the 60s didn't they?

If the United States sets foot in your country, war must breakout.

*spits angry

most definitely you are right , because I was wondering why troops should be stationed in Gabon to monitor elections in Congo
Re: JUST IN: Military Takes Over In Gabon by nazicartel(m): 12:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
and burAtai is just here... I like military rule shaaa,,, thank God am not A senior military officer, am too ambitious,, Buhari or Oga Jonathan would hv killed me by now

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Campaign: Atiku Arrives Imo State In Isi Agu Attire (picture) / Exclusive! MC Oluomo Rushes To Celestial Church For Thanksgiving (video) / Check Out This Prediction /prophecy Of 2019 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.