Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:42 PM

2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv (21155 Views)

Imo North Senate Seat: Court Restrains INEC From Recognizing Ararume As Winner / Adamawa:Court Restrains INEC From Conducting Supplementary Governorship Election / Osun Election 2018: Tribunal Restrains INEC From Tampering With Guber Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by MyMouth(m): 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2019
vladimiros:

do you know the meaning of " federal" in the words " Federal High Court "?
So??
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by Ayed44: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
MyMouth:

Nope! I meant since the pdp/wike has compromised the judiciary in Rivers state, Apc would also do the needful!
What needful would APC? Do u mean they will use their compromised judges?

You are only embarassibg APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by MyMouth(m): 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ayed44:
What needful would APC? Do u mean they will use their compromised judges?

You are only embarassibg APC.
So it's ok for the pdp to compromise the judiciary but wrong for the apc to do that right
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by Onemanonevote: 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
CilicMarin:

It doesn't need to be resolved! INEC had already accepted APC candidates, only a superior court can over rule it....

Wike knows it, PDP knows it ....they just want to run few propaganda before the election grin grin
Buhari supporters and illiteracy are like 5&6. Please, stop advertising your stupidity here. So annoying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by stanleyravos: 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ameachi legal team is too weak, how can you use somebody like Emenike Ebete who have not won a single case before not even a land disputes case to be in charge of this can sensitive case, the way things are going i binging to suspect Ameachi is working for the PDP.
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by Ikpongiton: 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
ujampie:
Too bad for APC in rivers state
not only in rivers oo ,but everywhere
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by Ikpongiton: 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
is ameachi aware?
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by urahara(m): 7:40pm On Jan 07, 2019
theoldpretender:
Democratic rule better pass army rule

Funny enough , some Nigerians fantasize about military rule for reasons I don't know.
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by DerrickzB: 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
mushystuff:

First, this is a federal high court ruling not state high court so I don't understand why you are frothing at the mouth over Governor Wike's name. Secondly, the link I provided was for the judgment of the Court of Appeal not the Supreme Cort so I will correct the error. However, the court of appeal ruled on an appeal filed by Tonye Cole and said judgment has been filed at the Supreme Court which has given a date for the 8th of March for hearing. That would be after elections isn't it? The judgement of the CA remains subsisting. Also remember that on October 22nd the Supreme Court had already affirmed the decision of the Rivers State high court barring the Rivers APC from holding its convention and primaries.

Now this judgment by the Federal High Court is for a suit filed by Magnus Abe, a different party from Tonye Cole (both APC faction candidates); the INEC is now by this judgment effectively barred from receiving anything from APC as far as Rivers is concerned.

For your reading pleasure and information:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/2019-general-elections-court-of-appeal-confirms-rivers-apc-wont-field-any-candidates/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/rivers-apc-crisis-s-court-fixes-march-8-for-judgement/

Bro stop wasting your knowledge on a clown.. the mumu has been brainwashed already.. nothing you say will enter his head!!
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by baralatie(m): 8:23pm On Jan 07, 2019
psucc:
I ONLY SEE PEACEFUL ELECTIONS IN RIVERS WITH APC OUT OF THE CARD
exactly
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by baralatie(m): 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2019
mushystuff:

First, this is a federal high court ruling not state high court so I don't understand why you are frothing at the mouth over Governor Wike's name. Secondly, the link I provided was for the judgment of the Court of Appeal not the Supreme Cort so I will correct the error. However, the court of appeal ruled on an appeal filed by Tonye Cole and said judgment has been filed at the Supreme Court which has given a date for the 8th of March for hearing. That would be after elections isn't it? The judgement of the CA remains subsisting. Also remember that on October 22nd the Supreme Court had already affirmed the decision of the Rivers State high court barring the Rivers APC from holding its convention and primaries.

Now this judgment by the Federal High Court is for a suit filed by Magnus Abe, a different party from Tonye Cole (both APC faction candidates); the INEC is now by this judgment effectively barred from receiving anything from APC as far as Rivers is concerned.

For your reading pleasure and information:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/2019-general-elections-court-of-appeal-confirms-rivers-apc-wont-field-any-candidates/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/rivers-apc-crisis-s-court-fixes-march-8-for-judgement/
you actually nailed it

1 Like

Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by jaiykem: 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
Amaechi! No erection for ApC in Rivers state
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by rexwalters: 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2019
jaiykem:
Amaechi! No erection for ApC in Rivers state
Bullshit judgment,Tonye Cole and Apc have won the elections in Rivers State,wike and pdp are hanging on a string,by the time The Supreme court will hear their arguments,Wike will be long gone like fayose,you heard it here first.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by Nosaghae(m): 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2019
CilicMarin:
Mtcheeeew!

Wike should just prepare his hand over notes instead of wasting Rivers money on useless judges..

Tony Cole is the next Governor of Rivers State..
Where this one still dey get codeine from?
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by senatordave1(m): 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2019
Nosaghae:

Where this one still dey get codeine from?
From your left over.i can see wike handing over to Cole
Re: 2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv by davidowizkid: 11:30pm On Feb 13, 2019
abokibuhari:
Supreme way PDP hold for blokus gidigba grin
I need talk to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Says Report Of Military Attack On ESN Camp In Abia Is Fake / Kuje: DSS Provided Information That Could Have Stopped Attack – Mike Ejiofor / G5: Don't Follow Other Men On Revenge Missions, You May Be The Sacrifice - Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.