Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended (2953 Views)

Is University Degree Really Important For Tech Journey And Getting A Job? / Want To Be Part Of Something Huge? Let's Build This Startup Together. / Why Does Startup Need UI/UX Design To Retain The Customers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2019
A few months ago i created a thread about an idea that had been buzzing my head for the past few years.
https://www.nairaland.com/4540093/what-think-idea
The Idea was received with mixed reactions from nairalanders.
I however decided to proceed to the development stage of the project.

1 Like

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2019
And that was how how I developed KWISK.XYZ ,
Now KWISK is a very simple online application that serves as a platform where users can simply search for the right store that is selling a particular product and at what price thereby allowing retail outlets to gain more potential customers and make more sales.

2 Likes

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2019
KWISK.XYZ
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by mcqwerty(m): 9:53am On Jan 08, 2019
Your web app doesn't work.

1 Like

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
mcqwerty:
Your web app doesn't work.
what do you mean?

1 Like

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
kwisk.xyz
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by MountainView: 12:24am On Jan 09, 2019
Kwiskxyz:
kwisk.xyz

it might interest you to know that I've already built something of that nature.

http://omoba.epizy.com

1 Like

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 09, 2019
MountainView:

it might interest you to know that I've already built something of that nature.

http://omoba.epizy.com
haha don't be afraid of a little competition bro...
Pricecheck, Pricena, Cheki all do the exact same thing as yours
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by stanliwise(m): 7:53am On Jan 09, 2019
Kwiskxyz:
kwisk.xyz
I appreciate your tenacity and courage but your UI is a mess. It's not cool bro.
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 09, 2019
stanliwise:
I appreciate your tenacity and courage but your UI is a mess. It's not cool bro.
Alright what is wrong with my ui
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by stanliwise(m): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2019
Kwiskxyz:
Alright what is wrong with my ui
it is not user friendly and the text is not custom fonts. The menu aren't bold, the drop down are just off, lastly it has no premium taste. what language did you use for back-end.
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by seunthomas: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2019
No need to fight boys. Daddy is here!!!.
But on a serious note, i wont mind partnering with both of you guys on this, for equity. Send me a PM and we can discuss further.
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by stanliwise(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2019
i just tried using the site which seem not to work at all and bring could not find for almost anything I search.
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 09, 2019
stanliwise:
it is not user friendly and the text is not custom fonts. The menu aren't bold, the drop down are just off, lastly it has no premium taste. what language did you use for back-end.
I appreciate your comment, ummm I admit to not being a very good front-end person but I need further clarification the 'user-friendly' part.
The app does what it is meant to do and will obviously look better with time and more acceptance.
Sha i used php
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 09, 2019
stanliwise:
i just tried using the site which seem not to work at all and bring could not find for almost anything I search.
Bro, they are no search results yet because KWISK hasn't been launched yet.
So no registered businesses on kwisk
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2019
Please pay atrention as i explain everything with pictures , hopefully this will put your mind at ease
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 09, 2019
Starting....
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by stanliwise(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2019
Kwiskxyz:

Bro, they are no search results yet because KWISK hasn't been launched yet.
So no registered businesses on kwisk
ok but this doesn't mean UI shouldn't sleek. As this is the smartest way of convincing any passerby.
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 09, 2019
As I said earlier I had an idea, an Idea I believe if worked on properly will greatly benefit retail outlets and the general public.
(KWISK.XYZ is only a prototype)

This project is meant to provide a platform where retail owners can list their inventory for free, so that a potential customer can locate them by easily typing the words into a search box

For example
A store named Hama Cosmetics is looking for ways to attract more customers and make more sales visits KWISK.XYZ/REGISTER

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2019
seunthomas:
No need to fight boys. Daddy is here!!!.
But on a serious note, i wont mind partnering with both of you guys on this, for equity. Send me a PM and we can discuss further.
ok
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2019
After a successful registration , Hama Cosmetics is then giving a profile with links add product to inventory, update image, update profile etc.

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2019
Hama Cosmetics then adds a few products to their inventory such as 1. FLOWER Zoom-IN Ultimate Mascara, Intense Black, 2. Mary Kay TimeWise Liquid Foundation 3. Lush Lip Gloss
Please note that hama cosmetics can add as many products as they want to their inventory

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2019
I Forgot to mention that Hama Cosmetics Is Located at 1ST AVENUE, GWARIMPA, ABUJA.
OK so imagine a young beautiful lady who also lives in gwarimpa Abuja going through instagram on her phone then she suddenly sees an advert for a water-proof, high class, colorful lip-gloss with the Brand-name "LUSH LIP GLOSS", and then she's like wow I want one.
So she goes online visits KWISK.XYZ and specifies her location then inputs 'LUSH LIP GLOSS' on the search bar.
(kindly don't mind the ugly UI )

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 09, 2019
And there you have it now KWISK provides Jennifer (her name is Jennifer) with results such as

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 09, 2019
Jennifer is happy because kwisk gave her valuable information about where to find "LUSH LIP GLOSS" AND THE RETAIL OUTLET is also happy because they just gained a potential customer.

Other features of KWISK are (1) The stores directory link which just gives you a list of retail outlets by location (2) Also a user can view a retail outlets inventory by just clicking on the Name after a search (3) A user can search for a retail outlet and then view its inventory.

Please note that this application can look a 100 times better.

And thats all.

Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 09, 2019
Please if there is anyone that has interest in this project, email at kwiskxyz@yahoo.com
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by stanliwise(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2019
Kwiskxyz:
Hama Cosmetics then adds a few products to their inventory such as 1. FLOWER Zoom-IN Ultimate Mascara, Intense Black, 2. Mary Kay TimeWise Liquid Foundation 3. Lush Lip Gloss
Please note that hama cosmetics can add as many products as they want to their inventory
Good work bro why is the nav bar so short
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by stanliwise(m): 11:26am On Jan 09, 2019
Kwiskxyz:
Please if there is anyone that has interest in this project, email at kwiskxyz@yahoo.com
I do have interest. Check your mail
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by airsaylongcon: 11:43am On Jan 09, 2019
Nice idea. A number of businesses (abroad at least) already do this proving that there's a need/demand for this type of product. Correct me if I'm wrong I thought your product was supposed to aid price comparison for the same product across retailers? It seems like it just lists the retailers that stock the product and their prices.
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2019
airsaylongcon:
Nice idea. A number of businesses (abroad at least) already do this proving that there's a need/demand for this type of product. Correct me if I'm wrong I thought your product was supposed to aid price comparison for the same product across retailers? It seems like it just lists the retailers that stock the product and their prices.
Hi there , this project is focused on helping retail outlets (clients) as well as individuals(users)
Price comparison is important but it also might discourage retail outlets from posting prices.
So after a user searches for a product , they are giving a list of retail outlets (ranked by latest update) but if the user wants to compare prices they can do so by simply scrolling through the results.
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by MountainView: 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
Kwiskxyz:
haha don't be afraid of a little competition bro...
Pricecheck, Pricena, Cheki all do the exact same thing as yours

I don't think so...you've not even tried the website,I checked all those websites you just mentioned then I realized that its only jumia and konga ..besides, they don't offer convenient search
Re: My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended by Olalekank(m): 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2019
MountainView:

I don't think so...you've not even tried the website,I checked all those websites you just mentioned then I realized that its only jumia and konga ..besides, they don't offer convenient search
Saw your pm

(1) (2) (Reply)

[Software Review]My 1st Mobile App, Please Evaluate & Let Me Know What To Adjust / In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel / C#.net Vs Vb.net Vs F#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.