Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,737 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times (33692 Views)

Owerri Is A Glorified Village: Pictures / Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti / Chike Udensi: Umuahia Not A State Capital But Glorified Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Brizzy404: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2019
PREMIUM TIMES has obtained the third in a series of leaked audio recordings by Rotimi Amaechi, Nigeria’s transport minister and the director general of President Mohammadu Buhari’s campaign team.

Mr Amaechi has been in the eye of a storm in the last 48 hours following the release of two earlier audio recordings where he expressed gloomy views about Nigeria and the administration of Mr Buhari.

In one of the recordings, which was shared with this newspaper by Phrank Shaibu, a spokesperson for the Atiku Abubakar campaign, the minister was heard saying the president has failed to meet the expectations of Nigerians and that there was widespread suffering in the land.

Tolu Ogunlesi, a spokesperson of Mr Buhari, had dismissed the first leaked recording, saying Mr Amaechi was referring to immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan.

But after the release of the second audio, Mr Ogunlesi claimed the audio had been cleverly edited by a former aide of Mr Jonathan, Reno Omokri, to paint the minister and the current government in bad light.

However, on Monday evening, PREMIUM TIMES obtained another audio recording where the minister was heard badmouthing Lagos, the country’s commercial centre.

He described the nation’s former capital as a “glorified village”.
The minister said the city lacked basic infrastructure compared to Abuja, the country’s capital.
He added that the city has poor road network, no running water, and is infamous for vehicular traffic congestion.

“I live in Abuja, tell me where else we have infrastructure. Lagos is a glorified village. The only difference between Lagos and other cities is the fact that business is in Lagos, everybody is there doing business, so you can at least have food,” he said.
“If not tell me what else you have in Lagos? 1,000 plus megawatts. That’s all. That’s what you have. What else do you have? No water, there are no roads. When you hear traffic jams in Lagos or any part of Nigeria, where are there no traffic jams in Abuja? The reason why you meet traffic jams in Lagos is because there are no roads,” the former governor of Rivers State added.
Since 1999, when Nigeria returned to democratic rule, Lagos State has been exclusively governed by the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) or parties, which formed the merger that birthed the APC.

Mr Amaechi’s comment is even made more ironical given the announcement earlier today by Mr Buhari’s announcement that a former governor of Lagos is in charge of his re-election campaign. Bola Tinubu is commonly seen as the man who decides whatever happens in Lagos.
Mr Tinubu is to supervise Mr Amaechi as he co-chairs the campaign organisation with Mr. Buhari.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/304629-in-new-recording-amaechi-depicts-lagos-as-glorified-village.html

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2019
Lagos is a shithole , according to Amaechi . cheesy grin

353 Likes 28 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by madridguy(m): 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2019
What happened to Ganduje video clip? PDP will not learn.

NEXT LEVEL

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by SalamRushdie: 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2019
hahahaha unit the Ameachi is spot on with the truth in all the recordings

187 Likes 13 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
madridguy:
What happened to Ganduje video clip? PDP will not learn.

NEXT LEVEL

You're not making sense zombie cheesy

451 Likes 38 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by humnsikan: 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2019

171 Likes 12 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Bizmagnet: 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
Amechi fruit don ripe. Dey don start the year with distractions.
Check my siggy if need a website/blog/software.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by humnsikan: 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ys
Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
This ameachi of a guy will not stop to amuse me.There is some truth in what he is saying though. The overhype about lagos is not worth it. Except some places for the rich and middle class, the place na poohole angry

Still, this saga teaches us that Politics is a game of hypocrisy, nobody really knows what the other, even your greatest supporter thinks inside.

Check my signature to search, compare, find and book the cheapest possible flights, hotels and cars, worldwide. It is absolutely free with no hidden costs/fees.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
Brizzy404:
The minister said the city lacked basic infrastructure compared to Abuja, the country’s capital.
He added that the city has poor road network, no running water, and is infamous for vehicular traffic congestion.

“I live in Abuja, tell me where else we have infrastructure. Lagos is a glorified village. The only difference between Lagos and other cities is the fact that business is in Lagos, everybody is there doing business, so you can at least have food,” he said.

“If not tell me what else you have in Lagos? 1,000 plus megawatts. That’s all. That’s what you have.

What else do you have? No water, there are no roads. When you hear traffic jams in Lagos or any part of Nigeria, where are there no traffic jams in Abuja? The reason why you meet traffic jams in Lagos is because there are no roads,” the former governor of Rivers State added.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/304629-in-new-recording-amaechi-depicts-lagos-as-glorified-village.html
@ bolded got me laughing!!!

What this simply means is that APC has failed both at the center and state!!!

Looking out for those who would come here to shout 16years of misrule in defence of APC

Lagos has been under APC for 20years now!!!

Amaechi has put the icing on the cake by calling the report card!!!

I am happy because Amaechi is an ardent APC member! Let me see a naïve zombie here who knows more than Amaechi undecided

162 Likes 17 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by SalamRushdie: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Lagos is a shithole , according to Amaechi . cheesy grin

But Lagos is indeed an shit hole

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Rubbiish(m): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
na wa oo
Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Anthony0094(m): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
V
Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by slawomir: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
Isoright

Lagos have always been a shiiit hole

Went there as a Bini boy last year. In fact it was the day that tanker explosion happened
And i must tell you Lagos is overrated

When i entered Abuja same last year November because i wanted an instant passport because there was no booklet in Edo state that was when i knew the difference between Abuja and Lagos

It was even more obvious to me that Edo was actually bigger than Lagos. It took like forever to leave Edo land when you are going to Abuja. All those Edo north was like forever. So Lagos is just one small shiiit hole place that is overcrowded

Abuja is too good to be compared with that shiiit hole called lagos

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Alepa(m): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by chloride6: 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
Is he lying?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
What type of weed Ameachi is taking

Lagos that is bigger than Nigeria sef

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by donbrowser(m): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
Lagos has never been controlled by PDP. I will see how this one will be defended

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Groovenaija360(m): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
cheesy

BUHARI is a zombie I swear

Else he should have known that Amaechi will destroy his 2019 Ambition

AMAECHI destroyed Rivers APC

Now they have no candidate at all levels come 2019

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by LesbianBoy(m): 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
Wait.....so Lagos is not only a no man's land

It's also a "Glorified village"?

O ja mi la ra je

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by afroniger: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
If Lagos is a glorified village, what then do we call Rivers?

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by kaen1317: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
One thing is constant: Amaechi is in trouble regardless of who wins the election

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
grin

2 Likes

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Shikini: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
Truth be told, Amaechi did not lie.
Lagosians are under a sort of spell - suffering and smiling.

The talisman Tinubu is using to manipulate Lagosians is very strong.
A sitting governor was denied a second term because he didn't SHARE enough money.
Alausa will spent 10b on a project, divert 25b to bourdillion, then use propaganda to brainwash everybody.

Nigeria's only city to be proud of is Abuja.
Lagos is a shithole - ranked second worst city to live in the world according to EIU.
TINUBU and his cabal are a thorn in the flesh of Lagos and until these people are done away with, Lagos will remain what it is .

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Dandsome: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
Chai... Village people are really on this guys matter

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by LagosBoi2(m): 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
This revelation is mind blowing. Someone that is now paid to disrupt public opinion will now come out to say the tape was doctored or hospitalized. I am dissapointed in everything APC. Even my APC friends are dissapointed in their party. No wonder Buhari does not respond to blood letting

In his mind he will be like, continue killing yourselves so that we can reduce small. Chai..

All aspirants should combine forces with Atiku to send Buhari packing, if Atiku messes up he will get the same treatment in 2023.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
I love amaechi. He says the truth. Lagos is the most expensive slum in the world

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
Everyone knows there's no city or state like Abuja in Nigeria. All the cities in the country are slums & unplanned.

I don't see what's so scandalous about this.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by NaijaMutant(f): 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2019
The way God is fighting for the masses, you'll think it's juju that is working on APC and it's members.

First it was decamping of NASS members until the leadership of NASS became fully PDP grin

Next it was Aisha buhari directly attacking her supposedly husband and accusing him of failure and being under captive and control of 2 powerful men.

Next, it was the court of Justice barring the APC from contesting in Rivers and Zamfara states.

As if that wasn't enough APC factions in both IMO and Ogun states are on for a head on collision grin

To further spice up the moment, our ever garrulous Rotimi Amaechi decided to spill the beans and bare his mind off camera, repeating the same things sane Nigerians have been saying that Buhari has been a monumental failure that must be stopped at all cost from causing further damage to Nigeria.

Is our God not a wonderful God grin

Congratulations Nigerians

Atikulation all the way grin

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by Amatunia: 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2019
So many things

1 Like

Re: In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times by blowjob: 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2019
Brizzy404:
PREMIUM TIMES has obtained the third in a series of leaked audio recordings by Rotimi Amaechi, Nigeria’s transport minister and the director general of President Mohammadu Buhari’s campaign team.

Mr Amaechi has been in the eye of a storm in the last 48 hours following the release of two earlier audio recordings where he expressed gloomy views about Nigeria and the administration of Mr Buhari.

In one of the recordings, which was shared with this newspaper by Phrank Shaibu, a spokesperson for the Atiku Abubakar campaign, the minister was heard saying the president has failed to meet the expectations of Nigerians and that there was widespread suffering in the land.

Tolu Ogunlesi, a spokesperson of Mr Buhari, had dismissed the first leaked recording, saying Mr Amaechi was referring to immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan.

But after the release of the second audio, Mr Ogunlesi claimed the audio had been cleverly edited by a former aide of Mr Jonathan, Reno Omokri, to paint the minister and the current government in bad light.

However, on Monday evening, PREMIUM TIMES obtained another audio recording where the minister was heard badmouthing Lagos, the country’s commercial centre.

“If not tell me what else you have in Lagos? 1,000 plus megawatts. That’s all. That’s what you have. What else do you have? No water, there are no roads. When you hear traffic jams in Lagos or any part of Nigeria, where are there no traffic jams in Abuja? The reason why you meet traffic jams in Lagos is because there are no roads,” the former governor of Rivers State added.
Since 1999, when Nigeria returned to democratic rule, Lagos State has been exclusively governed by the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) or parties, which formed the merger that birthed the APC.

Mr Amaechi’s comment is even made more ironical given the announcement earlier today by Mr Buhari’s announcement that a former governor of Lagos is in charge of his re-election campaign. Bola Tinubu is commonly seen as the man who decides whatever happens in Lagos.
Mr Tinubu is to supervise Mr Amaechi as he co-chairs the campaign organisation with Mr. Buhari.

UNA NOR GET VIDEO OF MY ROD... grin NONSENSE

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT OSIBANJO

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

SAI BUHARI

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LP Seeks Postponement Of Elections In Ondo Over Missing Logo / APC Floors PDP, Wins Davido’s Uncle Seat In Osun / Why I Decided Not To Speak On 2019 Presidential Election Result – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.