Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,760 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44843 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by izaray(f): 11:34am On Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for the update ma"am
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 11:50am On Jan 28, 2019
queenitee:

I dunno myself.
Veronica is from one ticket and Gwen......Maybe Merlin
i can now remember gwen
i dont no maybe i like those names
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2019
Who will cure Daniel from his infertility now. Well-done Kim.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by uchesmith14: 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
Thanks @kimberlyWest
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Lite50: 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
nice story, well done Kimberly
Re: Ghost Of The Past by PrudySara(f): 1:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for the update Kim..
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
Thanks for the update ma'am

Pls can there be a miracle whereby Shade will be pregnant
Re: Ghost Of The Past by rubenson(m): 1:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
all i knw is that daniel will later accept Olu and i believe josh will be his son too,because soon josh will fall sick to the extent he will loss alot of blood,which daniel will be so kind enough to donate & maybe after they hv run a blood test Olu & daniel DNA will match
So hw did u see that @kimberlywest
Eventhough i didn't make any sense,pls let daniel father josh & don't allow Ayomide to take back Olu & above all daniel & shade to reconcile then Naomi & Alex to be convicted
Waiting for ur update plz
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
Actually I didn't support shade moving out of Daniel's house to go make her decision, the side of Daniel that can't father a child is just too much, I pray shade make the right decision bcoz Daniel has put himself under her mercy

Thanks Kimberlywest the way u qualify Daniel up their is a wow, I guess that will be your ideal kind of man cool
Re: Ghost Of The Past by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
Kimberlywest.... Hmmm ... So far so good, I've been kept entertained as well as everyone on the thread obviously has too. I like the twists turns and everything unexpected however you really need to always proof read before you post. I noticed a lot of times that you mix the names of your characters up there by making the story confusing sometimes that I have to retrace to find out the actual names of some of the characters like when Amanda's friend took Alex to tell Daniel about Shade's child, you referred to the friend as Amanda more than once. Same thing happened between Daniel and Alex where you kept referring to both of them as dsame person... There are a few errors too with some of the words you use like live instead of leave(just in a few places) but I can live with that Sha... Just try to be in sync more with the names...

Nice story... smiley

P.s... I'm not an over sabi o... I don't even know how to write or make up stories... I'm just a reader trying to help out in my tiny way...

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by mhizv(f): 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
rubenson:
all i knw is that daniel will later accept Olu and i believe josh will be his son too,because soon josh will fall sick to the extent he will loss alot of blood,which daniel will be so kind enough to donate & maybe after they hv run a blood test Olu & daniel DNA will match
Eventhough i didn't make any sense,pls let daniel father josh & don't allow Ayomide to take back Olu & above all daniel & shade to reconcile then Naomi & Alex to be convicted

Am sure u didn't read the story well. Sade had olu when she was in d University,and she was yet to meet Daniel then!! So how Daniel and olu dna wan take match??

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by skubido(m): 3:31pm On Jan 28, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
uchesmith14:
Thanks @kimberlyWest

You're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2019
izaray:
Thanks for the update ma"am

Thanks for reading dear
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
Treasure17:
Who will cure Daniel from his infertility now. Well-done Kim.

Pay me cheesy cheesy I think I can help but if after trying, it doesn't work... lipsrsealed don't blame me.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
Lite50:
nice story,
well done Kimberly

Thanks dear.

Thanks for reading and commenting cheesy
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
PrudySara:
Thanks for the update Kim..

You're welcome dear.

Happy new week.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma'am

Pls can there be a miracle whereby Shade will be pregnant

grin Our God in heaven is a miracle working God. Let's pray to him cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2019
rubenson:

grin grin I'm not a magician o grin but let's see what the next chapters have to offer.

Since I personally hate Alex and Naomi, it will not end well for them cool that's all the Expo I can give for now.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
zyzxx:
Actually I didn't support shade moving out of Daniel's house to go make her decision, the side of Daniel that can't father a child is just too much, I pray shade make the right decision bcoz Daniel has put himself under her mercy

Thanks Kimberlywest the way u qualify Daniel up their is a wow, I guess that will be your ideal kind of man cool

grin He's too soft for my liking.

Amen o! I pray she makes the right decision.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Kimberlywest.... Hmmm ... So far so good, I've been kept entertained as well as everyone on the thread obviously has too. I like the twists turns and everything unexpected however you really need to always proof read before you post. I noticed a lot of times that you mix the names of your characters up there by making the story confusing sometimes that I have to retrace to find out the actual names of some of the characters like when Amanda's friend took Alex to tell Daniel about Shade's child, you referred to the friend as Amanda more than once. Same thing happened between Daniel and Alex where you kept referring to both of them as dsame person... There are a few errors too with some of the words you use like live instead of leave(just in a few places) but I can live with that Sha... Just try to be in sync more with the names...

Nice story... smiley

P.s... I'm not an over sabi o... I don't even know how to write or make up stories... I'm just a reader trying to help out in my tiny way...

Thanks dear.

You're not an oversabi Biko.

There was a time my keyboard was malfunctioning and I was forcing myself to write. I had no idea that somebody changed the keyboard to one English menemene cry something that was just misbehaving.

When I even go back to edit, in less than two minutes, I will finish editing a chapter cuz my mind will be telling me that everything up there is correct.

But I will try to minimize the errors in the next chapters.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
skubido:
Tanks for the update

You're welcome dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
damselposh:
And I have missed a lot

Well done Kim

cool we all the ones missing you.

Thanks dear.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Thanks dear.

You're not an oversabi Biko.

There was a time my keyboard was malfunctioning and I was forcing myself to write. I had no idea that somebody changed the keyboard to one English menemene cry something that was just misbehaving.

When I even go back to edit, in less than two minutes, I will finish editing a chapter cuz my mind will be telling me that everything up there is correct.

But I will try to minimize the errors in the next chapters.
Lol grin @ English Menemene grin grin you've just earned another big fan so now you share top 2 favorite writers on my list with Centino the author of 225 katakata Street yours is the only other story that has kept me interested after his.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Pay me cheesy cheesy I think I can help but if after trying, it doesn't work... lipsrsealed don't blame me.
Lol. Then you refund my money or else I send SARS after you.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by PrudySara(f): 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
kiss kiss kiss
KimberlyWest:

You're welcome dear.

Happy new week.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 6:56pm On Jan 28, 2019
Daniel darling, stop crying. I'm here for you, always here
Shade, well I dunno what to say.
Let Daniel know he's Josh's father already please grin grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Kaycee9242(m): 9:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
Kim thanks for the update.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
Amanda walked around, full of excitement. The kind of excitement that doesn't let you focus on anything.

She threw a quick glance at the rose flowers on the table. Like a teenage girl in love, she walked to it for the twentieth time and picked up the card that came with it.

My love,
I had forgotten what love meant until I met you.

She had no idea he was that romantic until recently. He was always reserved and always had his head buried in books every time, they were probably romance.

Just then, Naomi walked in and caught her smiling dreamily like a love struck teenager.

Amanda tried to hide the card. Too late, Naomi had already seen it.

She walked towards her and stretched her hand. "Don't hide it, oh oh, let me see it."

Her expression changed like she's been caught stealing. "There's nothing here to see."

Naomi smiled and sat down next to her. "Flowers on the table, card in hand, you're blushing like I've never seen before. You're a terrible liar and he's a pure romantic."

"There's no he!"

"Yes ma'am." Naomi said, mockingly. "Is it Daniel or your boss?."

"None,"

She made to walk away when Naomi collected the card from her. They struggled for it until Amanda finally gave up. Naomi always got what ever she wanted, that's a fact.

Naomi grinned as she read the words boldly written on the card.

"Our boss is in love." she folded the card back to how it was and gave it back to the owner. "When did this start?"

"Three days ago." Amanda confessed.

"Hmmm," Naomi winked. "tell me something."

Amanda already knew. Gossip mode activated. "Well, he said he didn't want to beat about the bush and we've known each other for long. He made his intention known and I told him I would think about it and since then he's been showering me with gifts."

"That's so great." she exclaimed. "I'm so happy for you. Finally. I've been praying for this."

Amanda decided it was time to make her fears known.

"I really don't know how Daniel would feel about this. We were just beginning to get close again."

"Girl, you owe Daniel no explanation for what ever you choose to do with your life. After divorce, you're free to move on with your life. Don't be scared. You owe him no explanation."

Amanda listened attentively as Naomi went on and on about how and why she owe Daniel no explanation.

Truly, all her points made sense to Amanda. After about five minutes, she succeeded in brainwashing Amanda and convinced her to move on with her life.

"Thanks. You're a great friend."

"What are friends for? I'm so happy for you." Naomi went to her and hugged her.

"Thanks."

"Don't thank me anymore, just tell me when I should start getting my dress and shoe ready."

Amanda disengaged, laughing. "Don't be faster than your shadow. Learn to walk before you run."

"I'm not being too fast. I'm just excited that you're moving on."

"You really need to move on too." Amanda chimed in.

"I've not gotten over Emy's death. I'm still heartbroken. He had nothing but I was in love it him."

"He must be such as nice guy and I never got to meet him. Well, death is a price we all must pay although he paid his too early."

"Way too early. We planned on getting married before the end of next year."

"I'm sorry sweetie," Amanda felt sorry for her friend. She never got the chance to meet him before he passed away but he must have been really good for Naomi to be so pained over his death.

From all she knew, Naomi haven't had so many relationships.

"Enough with all the sympathy. I'm hungry. What did you cook?"

"Rice." Amanda said and dragged her to the kitchen, laughing.

It's been five days since Daniel last heard from Shade. It was painful but he was trying his best to give her the needed space. He in turn had some thinking to do, so he deliberately distanced himself from Amanda. Even though the pain was becoming unbearable, he still managed to keep his distance.

After watching TV, like he has been doing the past five days, he went to his room and willed himself to sleep.

The knock on the door, early the next morning woke him up. He thought it was one of the domestic help but was surprised to find Shade standing at the door, looking like a sacrificial lamb.

Immediately he switched to concern mode. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"It's nothing." she said, barely above whisper.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I came with my mum." she informed him.

"Why?"

His sixth sense started to whisper to him that all wasn't well.

"Nothing."

He immediately knew that she had made her decision and exactly what it was. "You could have just told me from the onset. I would have understood." his heart shattered into a thousand pieces at the thought of his present situation.

"I'm sorry." she murmured as he started down the stairs.

He turned to her and gave her a tight smile. Even though the situation didn't warrant a smile. He's learned to smile even in the face of danger, even in situation like this. He wasn't new to rejection, even his own parents rejected him. He thought quietly as he walked into the sitting room.

"Mummy, good morning," he greeted and sat opposite the elderly woman.

"My son..."

"Mummy, it's okay. I understand. I promised to support her and I'm a man of my words."

"She told me everything. " the woman went on her knees before him. "on behalf of my daughter, I apologize. I'm sorry. Kids of these days are so unpredictable."

He left the couch and walked to her. "Mummy, it hasn't gotten to this. Stand up please," he begged, holding her hands.

"Just let me." she said amidst tears. "I wish I can throw her away or disown her but I can't. She's my only daughter and my only child."

Daniel was moved to tears but still, he refused to cry. He was super heartbroken but he wouldn't cry.

Nobody stays in our life forever.

"Mummy, she's an adult."

just then, Shade walked in.

"Dan, I'm so..."

He held his hand up. "No need for the apology, I promised to support you and I'm a man of my words."

"I still owe you an explanation," she countered.

"You owe me nothing." He went to the side table and picked up his car keys. "I'm going for a drive."

At the door, he paused and turned to her. "Keep everything I got for you in your name. My lawyer will get back to you before the end of next week.

He watched her silently for a while.

...goodbye"

Daniel kept on driving without a precise location in mind. He already concluded he would check himself into a mental institute before he runs mad and out of control.

He finally brought the car to a stop close to a lonely path that led to one of his estates.

Once was a mistake but twice would be foolishness, although in his own case, once was normal but twice would be a curse.

Why do bad things happen to good people.

He could vividly recall when the doctor declared him infertile and incapable of fathering a child. He had weeped bitterly and even cursed the day he was born.

Of what use would his money be if there's no one to inherit it?

Of what use was his impeccable traits if no one would inherit it?

What about his cars, his struggles? not to talk about his good looks.

He sobbed silently. He knew it would come to this? What woman would be willing to stay with a man who could never get her pregnant?

Even if she pitied him and stayed with him, how long will she continue to pity him?

Just then, his phone rang.

"Hello, Amanda,"

They spoke briefly and he consoled himself and reversed his car when he ended the call.

She had called to tell him that Josh was asking after him and he promised to come see him..or them right away.

He had barely walked in when he sighted the freshly plucked flowers on the dinning table.

Suspicious!

Amanda couldn't have gotten that by herself. He knew her too well to know that she didn't like to stress herself and going to pluck flowers would count as stress.

"Big boy," her carried Josh in his arms immediately he ran to him.

"Daddy!" Josh called excitedly.

"How are you?"

"Fine, daddy."

"How was school,"

"My teacher taught me Verb,"

He smiled, typical of Josh.

"...and uncle brought me back from school in his big car."

"Which uncle?" He asked with curiosity eating him up.
Just then Amanda walked in, dressed in a simple but sophisticated and not so lengthy gown. It's been long since he last saw her dressed like that, probably when they first got married and the smile on her face was something else coupled with that look like she went back to age 20.

"Who's he?" He asked immediately, obviously jealous.

He didn't even try to hide the fact that he was dead jealous and angry at the same time.

"My boss," she muttered nonchalantly.

He quietly dropped Josh and walked closer to her.
"I thought you were better than this"

He turned and left without looking back.

It felt like his whole world had crumbled right before his very eyes.

He entered his car and drove away without even minding Josh who ran after him calling out to him.

He momentarily contemplated suicide. Why was his own case different?

Other people got married, give birth and live happily with their kids and wife but him, his own was totally different and everything was just going south for him instead of north.

He parked his car aside and for the first time in years, he let it all out and cried his eyes out.

He picked up his phone and dialed Alex number.

"Can we go for a drink?" He asked even though all his senses were screaming out to him to be careful.

Be careful with Alex

He was already too heartbroken to listen.

"More," Alex kept on screaming to the waitress. He had the intention... Probably, of getting Daniel drunk.

It was already late into the night, about ten thirty PM when Alex finally decided it was time to go.

By now, Daniel had no awareness of his surrounding. He was totally oblivious of his surrounding.

He blabbed few words, probably about his pains and sorrows, which were barely audible and Alex placed a soothing arm over his shoulders.

"Women are not meant to be treated that way," Alex whispered. "Treat them nicely and they start to take you for granted"

Daniel shook his head without answering and reached for the glass with the remaining of his alcohol.

"Let's go," Alex ordered and helped the drunk Daniel to his feet.

He followed without argument, too drunk to argue even if he didn't like the idea.

Alex helped him into the car and drove off.

"Wh...ere...wh...ere...a...are we go...ing to...to?" Daniel asked, probably trying for a conversation.

"Don't worry." Alex said dismissively and focused his gaze on the road.

Tbc

2 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
queenitee:
Daniel darling, stop crying. I'm here for you, always here
Shade, well I dunno what to say.
Let Daniel know he's Josh's father already please grin grin

cheesy Let him know. I don't think it's my job.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Lol grin @ English Menemene grin grin you've just earned another big fan so now you share top 2 favorite writers on my list with Centino the author of 225 katakata Street yours is the only other story that has kept me interested after his.

Thanks dear.

smiley I'm honoured.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
Treasure17:

Lol. Then you refund my money or else I send SARS after you.

Sweetheart it is me o embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Binyavanga Wainaina Is Dead! HIV Positive Gay Rights Activist And Author Dies / The Things Madam Kofo Did (18+) / Top 5 Books To Read In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.