Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,468 members, 7,854,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

Ghost Of The Past - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ghost Of The Past (44871 Views)

Scares Of The Past / 7 DAYS (the Past Came Haunting) S01 / The Lost Ghost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
Happy Tuesday everyone.

Next update drops on Friday. Have to make some changes to the last 3 chapters. Please bear with me.

grin And no, I'm not heartless. I pity Daniel too.

smiley At least he's a character in a story. I see some people suffering so much in life, not in terms of finance but other aspect of life and I wonder who they offended.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Sweetheart it is me o embarassed
Lol Kim. But truth comes before emotions. undecided
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Treasure17(m): 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
KimberlyWest:
Happy Tuesday everyone.

Next update drops on Friday. Have to make some changes to the last 3 chapters. Please bear with me.

smiley At least he's a character in a story. I see some people suffering so much in life, not in terms of finance but other aspect of life and I wonder who they offended.
Alright. There are certain things in this life we don't have control over. Not necessarily about who they offend but it's just part of life challenges.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2019
To Naomi's house I guess
Thanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
I feel for Dan

Thanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
KimberlyWest:

grin He's too soft for my liking.

Amen o! I pray she makes the right decision.
lol you ladies sha, exactly what i thought, with a man like him, many things will go wrong when he suppose to be in-charge of the situation...

kim you are not nice oo, i almost cried, i couldn't read those lines finish because i will cry, why did you allow daniel to pass through such pain? its too much... i pray Shade Rescue Daniel from Alex, she is the only one i can count on

thanks for the update, kai u brought out the baby side of me embarassed cry
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2019
KimberlyWest:
Happy Tuesday everyone.

ah friday lounloun, someone will be hungry o
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 1:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
queenitee:
Daniel darling, stop crying. I'm here for you, always here
Shade, well I dunno what to say.
Let Daniel know he's Josh's father already please grin grin
kim has finish your daniel, i pity the guy, its time you enter the scene and save the guy oo
Re: Ghost Of The Past by aprilwise(m): 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
Alex wants to finish up Daniel in his vulnerable state. Daniel will see the light at the end.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by skubido(m): 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
Pity Dan oooo, but Him no suppose call Alex na,

OP tanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
Shade, how could you? No, just tell me. How could you? how could you really? I don't blame you tho.

Dear Alex, if anything should happen to my Daniel, believe me you would have me to account to, I won't go easy on you, I would show you a woman's power.

Daniel, pull yourself together. You made a mistake of not telling Shade you can't father a child in the first place, tho it's not easy. You will me fine

My dear Amanda, why did you allow Daniel to get too close again? Why? Why? Y'all should leave my Daniel alone.

And you Naomi, I don't have anything to say to you, I really don't but one thing is sure, if anything should happen to Daniel, you, Alex and whoever is involved won't find it funny.

Thank you and good night.
*Storm out of the room angrily*
Re: Ghost Of The Past by dimssy(m): 11:08am On Jan 30, 2019
Oya come back and take popcorn hun.
Our mama relationship expert
Being a while Gee...how you dey?
queenitee:
Shade, how could you? No, just tell me. How could you? how could you really? I don't blame you tho.

Dear Alex, if anything should happen to my Daniel, believe me you would have me to account to, I won't go easy on you, I would show you a woman's power.

Daniel, pull yourself together. You made a mistake of not telling Shade you can't father a child in the first place, tho it's not easy. You will me fine

My dear Amanda, why did you allow Daniel to get too close again? Why? Why? Y'all should leave my Daniel alone.

And you Naomi, I don't have anything to say to you, I really don't but one thing is sure, if anything should happen to Daniel, you, Alex and whoever is involved won't find it funny.

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Kaycee9242(m): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2019
Kim my love thanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by zyzxx(m): 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2019
queenitee:

lolz she don vex oo
Re: Ghost Of The Past by damselposh(f): 3:53pm On Jan 30, 2019
Hmmmmm Alex Alex
Lemme reserve my comment
Well done Kim
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
dimssy:
Oya come back and take popcorn hun.
Our mama relationship expert
Being a while Gee...how you dey?
I've been good and you?
I'm no relationship expert oo
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
zyzxx:
lolz she don vex oo
Very much

1 Like

Re: Ghost Of The Past by honourable356(m): 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
He smiled...
Good job!!!
Re: Ghost Of The Past by uchesmith14: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2019
There is always a light at the end of the tunnel........ @kimberlyWest
Re: Ghost Of The Past by mhizv(f): 7:10am On Feb 01, 2019
It's Friday.

Finally grin
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 01, 2019
mhizv:
It's Friday.

Finally grin
grin grin

Our time keeper.
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 01, 2019
Happy new month to you all.

I wish you all the best of the positive things this month has to offer.

Welcome to my birth month. kiss

Update will drop soon

4 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by skubido(m): 7:54am On Feb 01, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Update will drop soon

S2u oooo

Amen,

Same here @birth Month.

OK, waiting
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Ann2012(f): 8:16am On Feb 01, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Update will drop soon

Happy new month and happy birthday in advance
Let me keep my party shoes bcs we're gonna rock the birthday kiss
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Adesina12: 8:20am On Feb 01, 2019
KimberlyWest:

Update will drop soon

Happy birthday in advance Kim
You are the secret in this story line...too many secret
Why don't you name it secret of the past.
The lesson in this story is about sincerity in all ramification of life and not only in relationship
Sincerity will always makes one trump in all adversary
The first time it occurred to me to embrace sincerity was when I was seeking admission into university
My sincerity made me and got me the admission to the course of my choice, and since then I have trying in all whatever life throw to or at me to remain sincere, no matter how bitter or sweet the situation.

The second point here is that in life we are bound to swim in river of one adversary or the other. It is only that level and the enormity of the adversary is different from one person to another, no one is left out but we are at liberty to manage our situation through the freedom of choice given to us by the Almighty God.

Alex problem is that he wasn't successful but he got a back up in Daniel but misusing it.
Daniel on the other hand was successful but impotent and keeps a lot of secret to himself which in turn hurting people around him and himself indirectly.

All of us can only make life a better place to live if we are sincere in all we do irrespective of your status and this is the problem in every household, community, institutions and as a nation, because everyone one to outdo others.

I drop my pen here for now, while waiting for the update

....Sweet popcorn for you Kim and co-readers

3 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by EvaJael(f): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2019
I'm beginning to get pissed with this Daniel sef
Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2019
Daniel woke up with a weak yawn. He felt so tired, his head ached badly and his legs felt so weak.

He held his head as he managed to rise from his bed.

His eyes went to the wall clock in the room,

7:38 Am.

He yawned. He needed to get dressed for work even though he could barely feel his head.

He had important meetings to attend to and they couldn't be postponed.

He went to the bathroom and first poured water on his head.

Before eight-thirty, he was already dressed despite the throbbing headache.

He had too much to drink the previous night, more than he had ever drank since he was born.

He wondered why Alex allowed him to drink to that extent knowing how he and alcohol were.

Be careful with Alex

Those words began ringing in his head again.

He waved it aside and entered his car and drove off.

He stopped at a restaurant and bought breakfast since he asked his house keepers and cooks to give him a much needed space.

Few minutes later, he stepped into his company's building and headed straight to his office.

Before he could even reach the door, his Secretary ran to him.

"Sir, sir," she called and he simply nodded at her like he normally did and continued walking but she kept on calling.

He turned to her.

"Sir, some men were here earlier on..."

It was a usual thing. It wasn't unusual for people to come looking for him before he arrived at work but why was she panicked.

"What?" He asked politely.

"Some men from..."

She stopped short when three heavily built men walked to them.

Daniel turned to look at them.

Without talking they brought out their badges and waved it in his face.

"We are from the Nigerian police force. Mr. Daniel Chibueze, you're under arrest for molestation and sexual abuse of a minor.

" Whaa..." His brain could barely come up with anything reasonable to say.

What? How did it come this? Never in his life had he thought of having carnal knowledge of an 18 year old talk less of a minor.

"Just keep your mouth shut or whatever you say or do will be used against you in the court of law."

He knew better than to disobey.

His employees watched on as he was cuffed and whisked away in the waiting police van.

It was a very sad day for him.

They got to the police station and they kept him in a cell while he waited for his lawyer.

Earlier on, they had allowed him use their phone to make the call to his lawyer since they had seized his.

He stood there in the cell wondering how he got there and why he was there.

If anyone had told him the day before that he would be in such situation, he would have cursed the person.

He wanted to call Alex but the police officers had refused, telling him that they only allowed him call his lawyer because they had kind hearts.

To hell with the kind hearts! He knew that only Alex knew where he was last night and he could testify on his behalf and make them see that they had the wrong man.

What? Abusing a minor? He rarely met minors talk less of trying to take advantage of any. And how could he abuse someone he's never seen before.

His life suddenly seemed like something out of a Nollywood movie.

He was still in his cell, alone and angry at the world and continually cursing the day he was born when a police man came to inform him that his lawyer has arrived.

The cell was unlocked and he walked out. He walked in just in time to meet his lawyer arguing vehemently with the police officer that had come to arrest him.

"...that was uncalled for. Even the law doesn't encourage that, how can you arrest somebody without proper evidence and investigation."

"We have evidence Mr. Thomas. We are not animals. We can't just go there and arrest someone and accuse him wrongly."

"What evidence?" the lawyer barked at him, loosing his cool.

"We have the video. You client had no idea that there was a secret camera in the room when he carried out the devilish act. If you want we can show it to you."

"Show it to me."

Daniel walked closer and sat down without talking to anyone. He had already been humiliated beyond measure, so he wasn't even in the mood to talk or do anything.

"Here is it," the police officer turned the laptop on his desk towards Daniel and Mr. Thomas. "Mr. Thomas, your client will rot in jail. Who does this to an innocent girl? When people said that money makes you loose your senses, I doubted...

"I didn't ask for your opinion." Mr. Thomas cut him off before he could complete his sentence.

The lawyer pressed play.

"That's not me." Daniel screamed immediately he saw the first scene. Gentility aside, he couldn't sit and watch them accuse him of something he knew nothing about.

"Isn't that Miranda, Alex daughter?" his lawyer asked and he nodded in affirmation.

"Isn't that your face?" the officer asked. "your body?"

"Yes but hell no, never in my life have I seen Miranda as anything other than my friend's daughter. God, I'm not that heartless."

Just then Alex walked in and grabbed Daniel by his shirt and hauled him to the wall delivering a hard punch to his lower belly.

"Ahhhh," Daniel screamed out in pain.

Two police men rushed in and separated them before another punch could hit Daniel.

"You demon. I thought you were my friend. My daughter? For God's sake... wha...what.. I hate you!"

He made to hit him again but the police men dragged him back.

"Alex, this is all a big lie. If I ever had such intentions towards Miranda, you would have noticed it. If you don't believe me, then kill me already."

"Trust me, I want to."

"Mr. Alex you have to calm down or you leave." the police officer warned sternly.

"Alex, please believe me. I am innocent. Weren't we together last night?" Daniel questioned innocently. If his own friend couldn't vouch for him then of what use was life after all.

"We were and you left before me. How could I have known that you were going to take advantage of my daughter. I just feel like killing you now."

The other people in the small office small space watched the banter quietly.

"Alex...

Alex raised his hand and shot him an angry look.

"Daniel, don't talk to me anymore. I will ruin you trust me. You won't forget me in a hurry. "

"Alex, you're my friend. You know what I am capable of." Daniel was almost at the point of tears.

"I knew what you were capable of." Alex turned to Mr. Thomas. "I see your lawyer is here. See you in court. You will rot in jail. I promise you."

With that, he stormed off angrily without a second look at Daniel.

"I will like to speak to my client privately." Mr Thomas turned to the officer.

He nodded, giving him a go ahead. Thomas and Daniel walked out of the office, accompanied by a police man who kept his distance.

"Tom, I didn't do that."

"I believe you. You're a man with high moral values and dignity, you can't stoop that low. Have you had any fight or quarrel with Alex before now."

"Not really but Shade told me to be careful and also played an audio she recorded where he was saying he hates me and he would ruin me."

"What? Where is it?"

"Shade has it. I didn't bother to collect it."

"We really need it."

"You have her number. Call her and get it."

Tom sighed in relief. "that's one. When she warned you about him, why didn't you keep your distance or even tell me about it?"

"I didn't know he would go to this extent. I mean, what more could he want from me. I provide for all his babies mama, their kids and him and I make sure they lacked nothing. I had no idea his level of hatred for me and my success had reached that height."

Daniel wished he could just wake up from this bad dream. He knew Alex was behind it. He could remember when he left the bar with Alex, though he couldn't tell what happened next and hearing him deny it made Daniel believe he was behind it but how the hell did he get that video?

Was it doctored? Yes of course, then who did it and made it look like it was him. So many questions on his mind begging for answers.

"Alex went too far with this," his lawyer spoke,
distracting him from his plenty thoughts. "He will pay dearly for it. I'm going to speak with Miranda, Shade, your gate keeper and everyone involved in one way or the other. Alex has bitten more than he can chew."

Daniel nodded at the lawyer, affirmatively, even to his own surprise, the normal him would have been begging on behalf of Alex. "Do whatever you want. I just want to get outta this place."

"It won't be that easy. I know before tomorrow, I will see it on the papers, television and all those gossip blogs. You have to be strong. Alex is serious with his threats, I will do my best to prove your innocence in court. For now, let me start gathering all the evidence."

Daniel placed his two hands on his face. It didn't even cross his mind that all those things was going to happen. For once, he just wished he was some ordinary young man whom nobody knew about.

"This could affect your business too. You might loose tons of business partners."

"God, I'm doomed." was all Daniel could mutter.

4 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
@Treasure17 I think I agree with you. There are certain things in life we have no control over.

@Lightqueen what did my Naomi do to you?

@Ann2012 you're welcome dear. Please get those shoes ready. grin

@Zyzxx grin People make money from crying now o. Oya come and read. Friday yaff reached.

Aprilwise ... smiley My prayers are with Daniel... I pray he sees the light at the end o. I just hope it won't be too late to be seeing light then.

@skubido I pity him too embarassed thanks a lot. Happy birthday in advance to you also.

Queenitee after storming out please remember to storm in and give me my birthday gift on Friday.

Kaycee9242 my younger brothers name sake, though he has not modernized his own, he's still using K.C as in Kelechi. You're welcome dear.

Damselposh cheesy please don't reserve it o. Come and tell Alex what you think of him.

Honourable356 She salutes. Thanks a lot. I appreciate.

Uchesmith14 That's true although some die while trying to find that light. I just hope Daniel doesn't end up that way embarassed

Adesina12 lipsrsealed I'm short of words. I don't know where to even start replying you. You just said everything how it is. Thanks for the popcorn. Please I would need a full bag of it on February 8th grin

Evajael not my Daniel please sorry Queenitee's Daniel lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Ghost Of The Past by princessadeola(f): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2019
This is too much for Daniel....
Re: Ghost Of The Past by skubido(m): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2019
See gone

Tanks for the update
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2019
EvaJael:
I'm beginning to get pissed with this Daniel sef
Don't let us fight
Re: Ghost Of The Past by queenitee(f): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2019
KimberlyWest:
@Treasure17 I think I agree with you. There are certain things in life we have no control over.

@Lightqueen what did my Naomi do to you?

@Ann2012 you're welcome dear. Please get those shoes ready. grin

@Zyzxx grin People make money from crying now o. Oya come and read. Friday yaff reached.

Aprilwise ... smiley My prayers are with Daniel... I pray he sees the light at the end o. I just hope it won't be too late to be seeing light then.

@skubido I pity him too embarassed thanks a lot. Happy birthday in advance to you also.

Queenitee after storming out please remember to storm in and give me my birthday gift on Friday.

Kaycee9242 my younger brothers name sake, though he has not modernized his own, he's still using K.C as in Kelechi. You're welcome dear.

Damselposh cheesy please don't reserve it o. Come and tell Alex what you think of him.

Honourable356 She salutes. Thanks a lot. I appreciate.

Uchesmith14 That's true although some die while trying to find that light. I just hope Daniel doesn't end up that way embarassed

Adesina12 lipsrsealed I'm short of words. I don't know where to even start replying you. You just said everything how it is. Thanks for the popcorn. Please I would need a full bag of it on February 8th grin

Evajael not my Daniel please sorry Queenitee's Daniel lipsrsealed

No problem, no problem. I'm back already, Daniel begged me

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Binyavanga Wainaina Is Dead! HIV Positive Gay Rights Activist And Author Dies / The Things Madam Kofo Did (18+) / Top 5 Books To Read In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.