Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Where Have The Coins Gone? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Where Have The Coins Gone? (1326 Views)

Do You Remember These Naira Notes And Coins? / Why Don't We Use Coins In Nigeria? / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Have The Coins Gone? by U1(m): 11:22am On Apr 18, 2007
Have you seen the new naira coins?I mean since its launch I've not seen the stuff.Don't you think this is another waste of National resource?
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by Seun(m): 11:25am On Apr 18, 2007
Go to your bank and ask for coins. Afterall, they are the ones that deal directly with the CBN. Hope it works. tongue
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by otokx(m): 9:21am On Apr 21, 2007
what is the purpose of having coins when nobody will collect it from you abi is it a weapon to stone someone with if attacked?
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by U1(m): 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2007
Admin,what happens when you don't even have a bank account?
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by Loads: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2007
U1,
Anyone can go into a bank with N10 or any amount and they will change it into coins for you. You don't need a bank account to do that.
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by profade1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2007
Banks have a lot of the stuff. Just walk in and ask them to change for you. Some banks are even trying to force people to collect them.
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by WebMonk(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2007
otokx:

what is the purpose of having coins when nobody will collect it from you abi is it a weapon to stone someone with if attacked?

Lol!

I saw the coins last during NYSC camp. Someone paid for food so looked at it real good. Haven't seen them ever since.

As to stoning someone with the coins, perhaps. I've stoned someone with one (back then sha) grin

I remember an instance in JSS when i wanted to play a prank. I went to school during break time and paid for a meatpie (N20) in N1 coins! And you know what? The woman took it! I was astounded. Try doing that now to an okada man! shocked
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by donan(m): 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2007
I wonder how come u didn't see the coins yet. Cos the very week the new currency was released my bank forced all the denominations on me. Though i didn't use the coin cause no body was ready to accept it. I just ended up giving it out to guys that have not seen it. To me, the coins is just a waste of resources cause no body is ready to receive it.
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by my2cents(m): 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2007
This thread reminds me of the now defunct ECOMOG coins.

Mallams sure did take care of those tongue
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by Jean2(m): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2007
It is clear that Nigerians don't want to spend coins. Take for instance the recent increase in pure water price from N5 to N10 just after the reintroduction of coins. If we really want to be carrying coins about, shouldn't it have been increased to say N7? I think the government should have make the coins in paper notes which everybody I believe is comfortable with instead.
Re: Where Have The Coins Gone? by simeony(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2007
when they(CBN) want to introduce the coins i know it is waste of public fund cos nigerians are not ready to use coins and i cannot blame them it cannot buy anything in nigerian economy

(1) (Reply)

How Much Are You Willing To Pay To Attend A Finishing School? / Pipe Floaters ( Minimum 24" Pipeline Floating units) / +

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.