Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka (2188 Views)

Oba Ewuare: I Didn’t Ask Anyone To Insult Buhari, Oshiomhole / Shiite Youths Insult Buhari: "You Are A Fool And A Criminal" / Journalists Who Sat With Amaechi In The Leaked Audio Tape Scandal Speak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Ebullience(m): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2019
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, says he has read several reports of the trending audio clip depicting the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, insulting President Muhammadu Buhari but he has not been able to spot any insults as insinuated by the media.

Soyinka said this in Abuja on Wednesday at a symposium on fake news organised by BBC News.

The playwright, who was a panellist at the event tagged, ‘Nigeria 2019: Countering Fake News’, urged the traditional media not to act like the electronic media by spreading unfounded allegations.

He said, “Just two or three days ago, I read an item where a minister was supposed to have insulted the President and it was carried in some media and I checked the statement and of course there was a video and so on and I looked through it, I read the text again and again and I said I have to relearn the English language because I didn’t see where the insults were.

“So sometimes, print media feels compelled to compete with the electronic media and this is a great mistake because there is a reputation, there is an expectation and you should not be embarrassed to show yourself superior to a medium which is accessible to the lowest, the very dregs of society.”

According to audio released by Phrank Shaibu, an aide of Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Amaechi, said this in a conversation with some journalists.

In the clip, Amaechi, who is the Director-General of the Buhari Campaign Organisation, purportedly said Buhari neither reads nor listens to anyone.

In one of the clips, Amaechi purportedly said, “The President is not listening to anybody. He doesn’t care. You can write anything you want. The President doesn’t care. Does he read?”

In another part of the audio, the minister threatened to bar journalists from events if the audio is leaked.

He said, “These are not things you publish ooo. If you publish them, you will never sit with me any day.

“Three years of Buhari oo, everybody is crying, crying…pressmen are crying, farmers are crying, workers are crying, politicians are crying, students are crying, three years oo!

“The rate of poverty is very high. The people are hungry. Nigeria will divide!”

Amaechi was heard saying, “This country can never change, I swear. The only way this country can change is in a situation where everybody is killed.

“This country is going nowhere. When Magnus (Abe) was secretary to the Rivers State Government, I told him that this country is hopeless and helpless and he told me, ‘Oga, stop it’. This cannot be coming from a governor.

“But two months in Abuja, Magnus came to meet me and said, I agree with you; this country is hopeless and helpless. All they do in Abuja is to share money.

Members of Buhari’s media team as well as close associates of Amaechi have confirmed the authenticity of the clip but said it was edited out of context.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said on Tuesday that the controversial audio would not affect the ruling All Progressives Congress ahead of next month’s elections.

https://punchng.com/minister-didnt-insult-buhari-in-audio-tape-soyinka/

2 Likes

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by ashacot: 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2019
nt
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Niorte: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2019
Prof sir, you may have to go for refresher's course except you are being economical with the truth.

9 Likes

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by deomelllo: 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
Prof, well said, but we know that rubbish was for ignorant and unintelligent Igbos and other anti Nigerian elements.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by deomelllo: 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by haywire07(m): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
Sarcasm at its peak grin

9 Likes

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Nemesis001: 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2019
Amaechi was saying the truth na.

Does Buhari the dullard read grin

4 Likes

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Racoon(m): 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2019
“Three years of Buhari oo, everybody is crying, crying…pressmen are crying, farmers are crying, workers are crying, politicians are crying, students are crying, three years oo!“The rate of poverty is very high.The people are hungry.Nigeria will never change!”
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/304352-under-buhari-nigerians-are-hungry-poverty-is-growing-amaechi-says-in-secret-tape.html

Prof.fully knows the moral damage the tapes have really done to already battered image of this government except if believe he is still living in fool's paradise.

So Soyinka presume even if Amaechi didn't disparaged the president but forgets the solemn reality that Amaechi knows the Buhari-led APC government have really bastardized this country.

For goodness sake, Amaechi is the no-1 Buhari campaign DG.None of Amaechi/APC government have even offered any strong debunkment of this alarming but but not surprising discovery.

No amount of damage control can ever erase this scandal.Sophistication is not sagacity.Yorubas said "bi ashe ga si lan goo si"(As we grow older so we get stupidier).Too bad!

4 Likes

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by 9jatriot(m): 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hello Prof, there is no need to relearn your English Sir, it is good enough. The whole ploy was designed by those who are part of the Dubai strategist. They all promised Atiku that they would run his campaign and so he probably parted with some money, so those agents have been scrapping for materials to run their campaign and justify the money they collected from Atiku.

3 Likes

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Presidiotbuhari: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
deomelllo:
Prof, well said, but we know that rubbish was for ignorant and unintelligent Igbos and other anti Nigerian elements.

Empty cranium

2 Likes

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by SalamRushdie: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
will you shut up
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by hisexcellency34: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hungry man Wole Soyinka

1 Like

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by oyebanji44: 4:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin grin
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Evablizin(f): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
haywire07:
Sarcasm at its peak grin
Abeg,lemme laugh with you,Prof is speaking english gringrin.

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by deji68: 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2019
Saying the truth id not an insult nau.... grin grin
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Printerscanner: 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2019
haywire07:
Sarcasm at its peak grin

Saka ke? Where is Saka. The Minster's name is Rotimi and not Saka. Saka is brother Musiliu's friend.

1 Like

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by intruxive(m): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin
Prof dont even bother yourself. The whole script was prepared for people who believed buhari is jubril
The script is suitable for people with IQ of 0.00001 tongue
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Maxymilliano(m): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
Amechi only said the truth and that can't be construed to be an insult ...
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by kapelvej: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
Such a fool
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by GeorgeTheCoder: 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
So Soyinka wants to become a zombie in old age ?
Shame.

1 Like

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by ignant: 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2019
What Prof means is that Amaechi only repeated the obvious.

Buhari's criminal incompetence can no longer be considered as only malicious but also coming from a place of acute ignorance.

Calling a barely educated pathetic filth what he is, is not an insult.
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by truthfulparrot(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2019
9jatriot:
Hello Prof, there is no need to relearn your English Sir, it is good enough. The whole ploy was designed by those who are part of the Dubai strategist. They all promised Atiku that they would run his campaign and so he probably parted with some money, so those agents have been scrapping for materials to run their campaign and justify the money they collected from Atiku.
It is funny that you did not get the joke. Amaechi did not insult the president as being reported. He only stated the truth. Soyinka classic sarcasm. But some unintelligent people cannot decode it. It is a pity

1 Like

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Misterdhee1(m): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2019
Niorte:
Prof sir, you may have to go for refresher's course except you are being economical with the truth.
Lol. A Nobel laureate? He will comfortably lecture you and your generation yet unborn.

By the way, go and listen to the full clip rather than the yeye excerpts Reno posted for you wailers.
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Misterdhee1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2019
Racoon:

Prof.fully knows the moral damage the tapes have really done to already battered image of this government except if believe he is still living in fool's paradise.

So Soyinka presume even if Amaechi didn't disparaged the president but forgets the solemn reality that Amaechi knows the Buhari-led APC government have really bastardized this country.

For goodness sake, Amaechi is the no-1 Buhari campaign DG.None of Amaechi/APC government have even offered any strong debunkment of this alarming but but not surprising discovery.

No amount of damage control can ever erase this scandal.Sophistication is not sagacity.Yorubas said "bi ashe ga si lan goo si"(As we grow older so we get stupidier).Too bad!
Oga go listen to the full tape. You only listened to the excerpts. Have you asked yourself why Reno was releasing the purported tape in bits?
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Misterdhee1(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
Nemesis001:
Amaechi was saying the truth na.

Does Buhari the dullard read grin
He doesn't. But still, he will be your president till 2023 grin
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by SmellingAnus(m): 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
Sentiments aside. Ameachi never insulted the President in that audio tape... However, things have actually gone worse under this Administration. They better change or be changed...
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Niorte: 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2019
Misterdhee1:

Lol. A Nobel laureate? He will comfortably lecture you and your generation yet unborn.

By the way, go and listen to the full clip rather than the yeye excerpts Reno posted for you wailers.
You are just a sycophant. Noble laureate of what year? Does noble laureate confers eternal intelligence?

He is a prof in his own field, I bet I will lecture him when in my own field of study. Don't think everyone on Nairaland is like you. Let me just overlook the part of the generation you mention. I don't want to go low with you.
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin

Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by BOOZELEE: 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hahahaha

Deep inside buhariz heart he knows that amaechi finished him but hiz trying to save face becos of election cheesy
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by Yankee101: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2019
Soyinka and the intelligentsia fuc*ked up on this one.

They helpled give us Buhari.

Soyinka and his brother Falana.
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2019
grin[b]IS LIKE SOYINKA NA APC[/b]
Re: Minister Didn’t Insult Buhari In Audio Tape – Soyinka by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2019
IS LIKE SOYINKA NA APC

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop The Fulani NOW! -Prof. Dr. Kayode / COZA SCANDAL; Are We Truly Fighting For Justice Or Are We Just Hypocrites. / BREAKING: Court Grants PDP, Atiku’s Request To Play Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.