Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,509 members, 7,843,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa (73514 Views)

Joe Biden's Dog, Commander, Removed From White House After Biting secret Agents / US: Rat Falls From White House Ceiling, Lands On NBC Reporter’s Lap / South Africa Just Voted To Seize Land From White Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 5:13am On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

We do owe those that supported our plight a word of thanx though, and accolades. And I believe that has been achieved to some extent with Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Cuba. All of us know the price they had to pay. However, Nigeria's role still needs clarification, particularly from our side coz right now the noise is overwhelmingly one way traffic, from Nigeria.

Following their logic (Nigeria), it does make me wonder though about our past and current solidarity as SA with places like DRC, Burundi, Palestine & Western Sahara. Will they be indebted to us for eternity? Are we helping them now so we can shove it down their throats in future? Should we flock to their countries in our millions, go rogue & expect them to shut up otherwise we accuse them of ungratefulness? Will we ask for our millions in diplomacy & investment back? Just basically, should we hold them hostage for our past contributions for them?

Nigeria has assumed some sort of unfortunate & embarrassing entitlement to SA and I think our govt has responded rather adversely to this stance. And I stand with them.

TBH, at one point I also respected countries like Botswana, Zimbabwe & Lesotho, until one of Chris Hani's interviews. He had some stories to tell about his time in exile & not all were in good light. They were attacked on several occasions or had their secret location divulged to the South African police. I still believe South Africans are way too kind.

I've asked similar questions here before. It's lowly to demand that you be treated with preferential treatment because you supposedly helped someone in their time of need. It doesn't work like that in South African culture. You leave it up to the other person, but you don't employ manipulative tactics, to try to emotionally blackmail them into doing your bidding. No, sir! It's even worse coming from them because the likes of Mbuyisa were starved while hiding out in Nigeria. He was desperate to leave the country according to the letter he sent to his mother. There's even a rumour that he was used for voodoo by Nigerians. As for Tsietsi Mashinini, his own mother reported that he was "rescued" by Meriam Makeba from Nigeria & taken to the country where he eventually got killed.

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by TMKsouth: 5:48am On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

TBH, at one point I also respected countries like Botswana, Zimbabwe & Lesotho, until one of Chris Hani's interviews. He had some stories to tell about his time in exile & not all were in good light.

Well most things in life have their good and bad sides - u just have to be able to look at the bigger picture. Like how major Western govts supported apartheid and yet their citizens demonstrated against it. Should we not thank Britons, for example? (see pic)

I do believe there were people who supported us, including in Nigeria (in their millions), and there were those that abused our exiles. Just as is happening in SA today - some of us support the DRC & Zim cause, some of us kill them.

4 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by TMKsouth: 6:01am On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Lol @ from beginning to end. You guys sure like to be the baby at every christening & the bride in every wedding

Just lastly, Have u heard, as in joke, the one that they single-handedly (well, alongside the whites) helped develop South Africa after 1994 to what it is today? And that with our xenophobia they have been pulling out the country & now our economy is in trouble? grin

Apparently after 94 the ANC hurriedly rushed to Nigeria to beg for their highly acclaimed skilled workforce to revive the SA economy. Them & them alone (no worldwide search for skills as most SAns believe).

So they freed us & then subsequently developed our country. Because if there's one nation that excels in economic & infrastructural development on the African continent and has its house in order... it's Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 7:20am On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

Well most things in life have their good and bad sides - u just have to be able to look at the bigger picture. Like how major Western govts supported apartheid and yet their citizens demonstrated against it. Should we not thank Britons, for example? (see pic)

I do believe there were people who supported us, including in Nigeria (in their millions), and there were those that abused our exiles. Just as is happening in SA today - some of us support the DRC & Zim cause, some of us kill them.

You're right.
Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 7:23am On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

Just lastly, Have u heard, as in joke, the one that they single-handedly (well, alongside the whites) helped develop South Africa after 1994 to what it is today? And that with our xenophobia they have been pulling out the country & now our economy is in trouble? grin

Apparently after 94 the ANC hurriedly rushed to Nigeria to beg for their highly acclaimed skilled workforce to revive the SA economy. Them & them alone (no worldwide search for skills as most SAns believe).

So they freed us & then subsequently developed our country. Because if there's one nation that excels in economic & infrastructural development on the African continent and has its house in order... it's Nigeria.

LMFAO. Delusions of grandeur.

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by Jkay187(m): 8:32am On Jan 15, 2019
morpheus24:

Apatheid ran from 1948 to roughly 1992 so when you explain paint a good picture of all of it not the part you "experienced" or when laws became relaxed. I have personally heard stories and interviewed many individuals who are in their 60's and 70's that would paint a different picture and have seen passes of nursed in their 70's that restricted their movement in the cities from 7pm to 7am the next morning and they were only allowed limited movement as they worked in the hospitals (baragwana) in the day time. I have interviewed mine workers who were heavily discriminated against, lost their jobs, were not allowed to pursue certain professions and resorted to alcoholism and wife beaters.

PS we know whites and blacks intermingled in the 70's and 80's but albeit covertly. Your export to the US Trevor Noah elaborates on that in his book and also paints a good picture of life under apartheid in the early 80's and 90's.

There were many African countries that contributed to the struggle from the beginning to the end of Apartheid, Nigeria being one of them, Even though you did not feel the impact of her contributions, it was non the less given. Note I don not say this as some sort brag but that it did occur is a reality so take cognizance of that fact. It cannot be dismissed.

Morphy, housing a ANC communication headquarters for two years including Thabo Mbeki don't really justify the exaggeration displayed here by your fellow citizens to a point where they make claims that they fed SAns and gave their lives to save us from the apartheid regime.

We SAns know our own history and some of us have lived experiences of Apartheid including family members who were in exile in Zambia and those who took up arms during the SA border war against SADF.
What Nigerians need to take cognizance of is that other african countries like Zambia, Angola and Tanzania contributed more then Nigeria during apartheid to a point where their borders were raided by the former regime. Nigerians should cool down on their we saved you from apartheid rhetoric.

4 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by Jaqenhghar: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

He didn't have a good experience in Nigeria going by the letter he sent to his mother before he mysteriously disappeared. What did you guys do to Mbuyisa Makhubo? We didn't forget. Hope you didn't eat him grin
Probably betrayed him for a few dollars. Niggerians will sell their own to the white man for a handshake and a selfie

2 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by Jaqenhghar: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

LMAO.

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by TMKsouth: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Probably betrayed him for a few dollars. Niggerians will sell their own to the white man for a handshake and a selfie

I think as South Africans (in particular) we cannot even begin to imagine what is really going on in Nigeria. I mean with us being "Africa Lite" and all grin. It's a real struggle there guys.

I think it's time we sent aid to Nigeria. Maybe the constant "we fed you" "we clothed you" rhetoric is just simply a cry for help. Reverse psychology nehundecided

I'm done with this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 10:09am On Jan 15, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

LMFAO @ for a selfie & handshake.
Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by JaceBlaze: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

grin @ picture,looks like a swam of bees shocked

It seems Nigerians have developed every country in Africa but just can't get theirs running.Every country that's doing better than them is because they (Nigerians) had a hand in the improvement of that country's economy but when you ask why Nigeria is still in recession since Nigerians are such great developers all you get is lame excuses

3 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by Jaqenhghar: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

I think as South Africans (in particular) we cannot even begin to imagine what is really going on in Nigeria. I mean with us being "Africa Lite" and all grin. It's a real struggle there guys.

I think it's time we sent aid to Nigeria. Maybe the constant "we fed you" "we clothed you" rhetoric is just simply a cry for help. Reverse psychology nehundecided

I'm done with this thread.
Its crazy. Dont let anyone fool you. ..and dont bother sending aid either. Remember the part of the bible that speaks of pigs and pearls.
Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by Jaqenhghar: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2019
JaceBlaze:
grin @ picture,looks like a swam of bees shocked

It seems Nigerians have developed every country in Africa but just can't get theirs running.Every country that's doing better than them is because they (Nigerians) had a hand in the improvement of that country's economy but when you ask why Nigeria is still in recession since Nigerians are such great developers all you get is lame excuses
The problem is sometimes you take Niggerians too seriously. Even they dont take themselves too seriously and dont know whay they want. When they best chest and bray just nod. No use arguing with them
Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by Jaqenhghar: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

LMFAO @ for a selfie & handshake.

Yes. I can tell you few stories.

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by JaceBlaze: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

The problem is sometimes you take Niggerians too seriously. Even they dont take themselves too seriously and dont know whay they want. When they best chest and bray just nod. No use arguing with them
I used to take them seriously when I heard their "we rescued them" myth and then it got repeated over and over to the point of numbing the brain.I don't respond to this nonsense because I care or take it seriously,I just have too much data at my disposal and it has to be used cool

2 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Yes. I can tell you few stories.

Please share lol.
Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by TMKsouth: 11:55am On Jan 15, 2019
IronGalaxy, JaceBlace, XhosaNostra

Did you guys see this?

This suspended teacher was on ENCA live just now. Speaking exclusively in Afrikaans and weeping.

I will clear my name': Schweizer-Reneke teacher plans legal action with union

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timeslive.co.za/amp/news/south-africa/2019-01-15-i-will-clear-my-name-schweizer-reneke-schoolteacher-plans-legal-action-with-union/

3 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by JaceBlaze: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:
IronGalaxy, JaceBlace, XhosaNostra

Did you guys see this?

This suspended teacher was on ENCA live just now. Speaking exclusively in Afrikaans and weeping.

I will clear my name': Schweizer-Reneke teacher plans legal action with union

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timeslive.co.za/amp/news/south-africa/2019-01-15-i-will-clear-my-name-schweizer-reneke-schoolteacher-plans-legal-action-with-union/

What happened?
Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by TMKsouth: 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
JaceBlaze:
What happened?

The Solidarity trade union is set to serve court papers before the end of the week asking that the "unlawful" suspension of Schweizer-Reneke teacher Elana Barkhuizen be lifted as a matter of urgency.

The union told a news conference on Tuesday it believed she had been a victim of high emotions which overlooked the truth.

"We are focusing on restoring her human dignity so that we do not lose an outstanding teacher," said the union.

According to Solidarity chief executive Dr Dirk Hermann, North West education MEC Sello Lehari’s "hasty and populist actions" led to Barkhuizen’s unlawful suspension while being innocent.

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/live-suspended-laerskool-schweizer-reneke-teacher-addresses-media-20190115

OVERVIEW: A photo of happy children 'was used against me' - suspended Schweizer-Reneke teacher
46 minutes ago

13:15
Solidarity wraps up the briefing by saying Barkhuizen has been a teacher at the school for about two years, and she has been a teacher for 15 years in total.
Solidarity also implies that all the positive news about Barkhuizen, about her interactions with the parents and pupils at the school, both black and white, was not shared in the media, and people need to ask why.
With that, the briefing concludes.
13:10
Solidarity says that Barkhuizen has still not been provided with the reason for her suspension. "There's no way you can suspend a teacher just because she took a photo."
Solidarity starts wrapping up the briefing.

13:06
"We're focusing on the team photo, and ignoring the scoreboard," says Hermann. He says the culprit here is the department of education, who did not create bridges for children who came to the school only being able to speak Setswana.
13:01
According to Hermann, the children were separated according to their language, to help them ease into the first day. Hermann says they were later integrated.
12:59
Responding to a question on the seating arrangements, the Solidarity representative says they're "very cautious" to speak on behalf of the teacher whose class it was, and they can't address that question directly.
"No, kids are not arranged according to race. There are no such arrangements. That was also not the case on that specific morning."
12:52
Solidarity says Barkhuizen was not a member of any trade union "before this". But she contacted them seeking assistance, and they obliged. She is now a "fully paid member" of Solidarity.
12:44
Solidarity representatives now fielding questions from the media.

12:41
ICYMI:

12:39
Solidarity confirms they will pursue further legal action on behalf of Barkhuizen.

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by Jaqenhghar: 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Please share lol.
I'll be happy to. Let me gathe r my thoughts

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by JaceBlaze: 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
TMKsouth:

The Solidarity trade union is set to serve court papers before the end of the week asking that the "unlawful" suspension of Schweizer-Reneke teacher Elana Barkhuizen be lifted as a matter of urgency.

The union told a news conference on Tuesday it believed she had been a victim of high emotions which overlooked the truth.

"We are focusing on restoring her human dignity so that we do not lose an outstanding teacher," said the union.

According to Solidarity chief executive Dr Dirk Hermann, North West education MEC Sello Lehari’s "hasty and populist actions" led to Barkhuizen’s unlawful suspension while being innocent.

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/live-suspended-laerskool-schweizer-reneke-teacher-addresses-media-20190115

OVERVIEW: A photo of happy children 'was used against me' - suspended Schweizer-Reneke teacher
46 minutes ago

13:15
Solidarity wraps up the briefing by saying Barkhuizen has been a teacher at the school for about two years, and she has been a teacher for 15 years in total.
Solidarity also implies that all the positive news about Barkhuizen, about her interactions with the parents and pupils at the school, both black and white, was not shared in the media, and people need to ask why.
With that, the briefing concludes.
13:10
Solidarity says that Barkhuizen has still not been provided with the reason for her suspension. "There's no way you can suspend a teacher just because she took a photo."
Solidarity starts wrapping up the briefing.

13:06
"We're focusing on the team photo, and ignoring the scoreboard," says Hermann. He says the culprit here is the department of education, who did not create bridges for children who came to the school only being able to speak Setswana.
13:01
According to Hermann, the children were separated according to their language, to help them ease into the first day. Hermann says they were later integrated.
12:59
Responding to a question on the seating arrangements, the Solidarity representative says they're "very cautious" to speak on behalf of the teacher whose class it was, and they can't address that question directly.
"No, kids are not arranged according to race. There are no such arrangements. That was also not the case on that specific morning."
12:52
Solidarity says Barkhuizen was not a member of any trade union "before this". But she contacted them seeking assistance, and they obliged. She is now a "fully paid member" of Solidarity.
Solidarity representatives now fielding questions from the media.

12:41
ICYMI:

12:39
Solidarity confirms they will pursue further legal action on behalf of Barkhuizen.

12:37
RELATED - More suspensions could follow at Laerskool Schweizer-Reneke - North West education department
12:34

12:34
Solidarity head of legal services Anton van der Bijl says they will file an urgent application to have Barkhuizen's suspension lifted.
12:33
"Do not be sorry for me - I will not surrender. I will fight," Barkhuizen says as she concludes her statement.

So there was never racism?

Thanx for info
Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by TMKsouth: 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2019
JaceBlaze:
So there was never racism?

According to the union, yes.

But check this out. There were two teachers in that class. This wasn't her class but she is the one who took the pic. Why? So they could post it on the teacher/parent WhatApp group.

Question.
If this is the first day of school & all these are fresh Gr R students, why is it only the white kids posing for the photo? Is it only the white parents on the WhatsApp group who will receive the pics? Why aren't Black parents on the WhatsApp group already if the white ones are?

She's guilty as hell.
Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by morpheus24: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

So what exactly is your point? I can only speak of what I have experienced, not hearsay. I have also heard of all the sad stories from my parents & others, mostly about the police, so what you're saying is not news to me. Even those that experienced the wrath of Apartheid 1st hand have bad & good things to say about it. The same way they also have good & bad things to say about the current government. So I'm not sure why you think your "interviews" with miners, paint a more clearer picture. Because the fact remains, the things I mentioned existed long before 1992. Not sure what you're getting all wheezy & long-winded about here.

Your responses were imbalanced and I simply am bringing balance to them, don't make people who are not versed in South African history oblivious of all aspects of what happened from 1948 and even further back if we want to take it there is my point.

XhosaNostra:

Lol @ from beginning to end. You guys sure like to be the baby at every christening & the bride in every wedding. Newsflash, South Africans sacrificed a whole lot more, their lives! We weren't folding hands waiting to be rescued! Most of us have never heard of a country called Nigeria until you started yapping about the "billions" you allegedly donated to our movement.
Correction, most of you have never heard of "most" countries outside of the ones that bordered yours in Africa so be clear on that.

XhosaNostra:

South Africans, minus the likes of Nelson Mandela etc, don't owe you or any other country anything. Because for one, we didn't flock en masse to other countries, running away from the brutality of Apartheid. We remained home. Two, a few people went for training in neighbouring countries, where they stayed in bushes or camp-like settings for the duration of their mission & were often betrayed or mistreated, according to the likes of Chris Hani etc. Where was the African brotherhood then? You guys like to accuse us of being xenophobic, when xenophobia started long before we made that term popular. You're just a bunch of attention seekers that's all. Ordinary South Africans don't recognize your contribution. You came into existence only recently as far as we're concerned. That is also a fact. Here's another one, the fact that we have foreigners living amongst us in South Africa today, is benevolence on the part of South Africans. We never bothered you lot about anything. Our people lived in bushes like rats but they accepted the offer & never complained or expected to be treated like royalty the way you do. FO!

1.SA's do not owe Nigerians anything at all let me make that very clear. This is not the point, the point is to acknowledge the solidarity of African states to the anti-Apartheid cause and move on.

2. SA's during this era stayed within their borders out of ignorance of the rest of the world more so than anything else. This is evident today where the average citizen in the country can't even name 5 capital cities outside of SADC. In addition the indoctrination by the Apartheid government via controlled media and images lends to this ignorance. How many Saffer's could obtain "South African' passports during this time and if they could they would be under the citizenship of the Bantustans which other countries did not recognize. How then were you going to leave the country in mass

3. Saffer's should be applauded for their humanitarian acceptance of refugees, economic migrants and asylum seekers across the continent, however this does not cover up the existence of Xenophobia exists and is perpertrated by citizens of the country as a result of this tense situation.

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by morpheus24: 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

He didn't have a good experience in Nigeria going by the letter he sent to his mother before he mysteriously disappeared. What did you guys do to Mbuyisa Makhubo? We didn't forget. Hope you didn't eat him grin

This young gentleman probably could not cope with living in equatorial Africa with mosquitos and Typhoid fever. I fear he faded in obscurity and probably passed. It is possible he made it to another country and simple chooses not to be visible any longer.

The fact remains he was not a prisoner nor was he prevented from journeying back to any country in Southern Africa.

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by morpheus24: 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

TBH, at one point I also respected countries like Botswana, Zimbabwe & Lesotho, until one of Chris Hani's interviews. He had some stories to tell about his time in exile & not all were in good light. They were attacked on several occasions or had their secret location divulged to the South African police. I still believe South Africans are way too kind.

Zimbabwe probably the only reasonable country on your list. There were many more countries you should mention who covertly assisted exiles and SA'fricans as well. Read your African history and drop those Van riebeeck text books.

XhosaNostra:

I've asked similar questions here before. It's lowly to demand that you be treated with preferential treatment because you supposedly helped someone in their time of need. It doesn't work like that in South African culture. You leave it up to the other person, but you don't employ manipulative tactics, to try to emotionally blackmail them into doing your bidding. No, sir! It's even worse coming from them because the likes of Mbuyisa were starved while hiding out in Nigeria. He was desperate to leave the country according to the letter he sent to his mother. There's even a rumour that he was used for voodoo by Nigerians. As for Tsietsi Mashinini, his own mother reported that he was "rescued" by Meriam Makeba from Nigeria & taken to the country where he eventually got killed.

I don't think any sensible Nigerian or anyone for that matter should have preferential treatment in any way shape or form in another man's country. If you are abiding by a countries laws and contributing to its well being then you should be fine. Those that cry out emotional pleas or blackmail peoples sensibilities are simply semi-illiterates venting because of their credible claims of Xenophobia that exist in South Africa.

Again Mbuyisa was not held captive in Nigeria and was free to come and go as he pleased, if the Nigerian government neglected him well that's no surprise at all from the Nigerian perspective. However I am sure there were Southern African and European embassies that existed in Nigeria when he resided there. How he did not take advantage of any of these is left to pure speculative conjextures.

The accusation that he was used for rituals again comes from watching too many Nollywood movies. Weak jabs my friend.

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by morpheus24: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2019
Jkay187:

Morphy, housing a ANC communication headquarters for two years including Thabo Mbeki don't really justify the exaggeration displayed here by your fellow citizens to a point where they make claims that they fed SAns and gave their lives to save us from the apartheid regime.

There were monthly contributions that were taken from mostly civil servants paychecks that were designated for humanitarian efforts and other logistical support to the ANC and anti-apartheid movement. That is were you get that rhetoric from when you hear Nigerians mention contributions they made to the fight.

Shikena!

Jkay187:

We SAns know our own history and some of us have lived experiences of Apartheid including family members who were in exile in Zambia and those who took up arms during the SA border war against SADF.
What Nigerians need to take cognizance of is that other african countries like Zambia, Angola and Tanzania contributed more then Nigeria during apartheid to a point where their borders were raided by the former regime. Nigerians should cool down on their we saved you from apartheid rhetoric.

Anyone who knows Southern African history will know this, if you encounter a Nigerian saying otherwise, he is not well versed then

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by morpheus24: 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Jaqenhghar:

Betrayed him to who? The national government could have cared less about the young fellow as soon as he exited the country, he was inconsequential. Boy couldn't survive the Malaria

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2019
morpheus24:

This young gentleman probably could not cope with living in equatorial Africa with mosquitos and Typhoid fever. I fear he faded in obscurity and probably passed. It is possible he made it to another country and simple chooses not to be visible any longer.

The fact remains he was not a prisoner nor was he prevented from journeying back to any country in Southern Africa.

He was a wanted man back home, so it wouldn't have been wise for him to return to Southern Africa. In any case, he complained to his mother about the living conditions at that college in Warri, the food etc. He was miserable
Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by morpheus24: 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

He was a wanted man back home, so it wouldn't have been wise for him to return to Southern Africa. In any case, he complained to his mother about the living conditions at that college in Warri, the food etc. He was miserable

Like seriously the national government would waste resources in pursuit of a student with no affiliation to any guerilla movement, any training or insurgent attacks on the government.

He did complain to his mother about living conditions, I did the same when I was sent to Zaria far away from home for the first year. Am I dead?

1 Like

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2019
morpheus24:

Like seriously the national government would waste resources in pursuit of a student with no affiliation to any guerilla movement, any training or insurgent attacks on the government.

He did complain to his mother about living conditions, I did the same when I was sent to Zaria far away from home for the first year. Am I dead?

You're being ignorant right now for someone who claims to be well-informed about the history of Apartheid. Yes, if he was in any of our neighbouring countries, he would have been done for much earlier.

You were just being a sissy. You're probably immune to some of the medieval illnesses found in your part of the world & the general hellish weather conditions. He obviously wasn't, because he didn't have the titanium immune system needed to survive a 5th world country grin Hence he became very ill. He most likely died in your country from a number of possibilities.

2 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by morpheus24: 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
XhosaNostra:

You're being ignorant right now for someone who claims to be well-informed about the history of Apartheid. Yes, if he was in any of our neighbouring countries, he would have been done for much earlier.

Not necessarily true. In my opinion he would have been very low priority when it came to who the government would want assassinated outside of their borders. If you disagree please elaborate as to why?

XhosaNostra:

You were just being a sissy. You're probably immune to some of the medieval illnesses found in your part of the world & the general hellish weather conditions. He obviously wasn't, because he didn't have the titanium immune system needed to survive a 5th world country grin Hence he became very ill. He most likely died in your country from a number of possibilities.

Probably so. don't blame me for my immunity though blame your ancestors for migrating out of those "5th world hellish weather conditions" Rule of nature...…..Opportunity cost "for everything you get you give up something in return"

If the poor chap couldn't hang he should have fled to Europe or North Africa where the climate was more conducive. I am sure a number of them would probably have given him instant asylum but like most black South Africans, they are like fish out of water outside their territory. They cannot cope.

Maybe he did who knows, all is speculation right now, you know!

2 Likes

Re: Black Pupils Separated From White Classmates In South Africa by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2019
JasonScoolari:
I really don't feel pity for black South Africans.... Those Xenophobic beast are hostile to their fellow black men. grin
I hope the children are also xebophobic? And Internationally, they aren't seen as "south Africans" but blacks and nigga; you a black man, so if they disrespect the black children, they disrespect you and your ancestors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

3 Dead & 500 Injured As Storms Wash SCORPIONS & Snakes Into Egyptian Streets(Pix / Elon Musk Showed A Flight Attendant His Penis & Offered Her A Horse For Sex / Photos Of Kim Jong-un & His Daughter, Kim Chu-ae In Rare Appearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.