Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,466 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos (60850 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar / Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Originalsly: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
pawesome:

How? Use your brain na

Why would you even believe he knows how to use it??

@ topic....if true...it had to be she was cooking with gasoline.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by sharpwriter(m): 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Please Domi, is your sister in-law still single? wink

You are high on Jamaica weed angry ....after seeing Sister-IN-LAW, yu still dey ask whether she dey single or nt....hw did the in law come to be in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by sharpwriter(m): 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oyindidi:
I summoned courage buy gas but I never fit use am.

Wetin yu com dey use?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Temidayo9(m): 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
Davidddon:

Nigga pls shut up and learn.... Don't go around showing your ignorance..... This is proof

Using cell phone while gas is burning may not ignite fire but the static electricity can. ... Once these vapors are ignited, it can cause this ignition to travel where the gas is present in large amount. And, the very next minute it can cause a big boom around the region.....

Read your physics well.... In fact go and start SS 1
Am very sure you don't know what you re saying. How can a gas already burning be ignited from a phone static current? . what of the fire that's already burning in the first place. Assuming there is gas leakage and the room is filled with gas vapour, then that can possible.

BTW , I don't need to read physics, am a Physicist

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by pawesome(m): 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bluffly:

So you think it is only cylinder that leaks, valves leaks, hose leaks, even the burner leaks, so why risk your life when you can implore preventive measures. The fact still remains that static electricity occurrence can ignite fire where gasoline vapour is in the air. So this makes a phone a culprit.

Also learn that where vapour is in the air, your must not put on your bulb
then there must be a leakage before there will be an explosion... As simple as that... But we don't just say gas exploded because they used a phone near it

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by domchike(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
think it's due to gas linkage like someone above stated cos I use my phone while cooking all the time and there hasn't been any explosion. Rip to the beautiful lady.
still waiting for explosion continue waiting
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
wehereagg:
Gas explosion kills lady allegedly operating her phone while cooking in Lagos

From the desk of Gistmeblog
I will never use gas..... never.....I prefer cooking with candle

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by josh005(m): 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oyindidi:

I feel you sista. It Almost happened to me

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by JasonScoolari: 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
sharpwriter:

You are high on Jamaica weed angry ....after seeing Sister-IN-LAW, yu still dey ask whether she dey single or nt....hw did the in law come to be in the first place?
Let's put it this way, what will you call your wife sister who's not married?

3 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by bionixs: 9:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
Temidayo9:
No relationship between using a phone and already burning gas. If explosion happened, its due to gas leakage or improper use of the gas, and not from the phone.
GOD bless you sir
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by NybenSBF101(m): 9:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
dominique:

Married with two cute daughters grin

Are you single?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by SalamRushdie: 9:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
Temidayo9:
No relationship between using a phone and already burning gas. If explosion happened, its due to gas leakage or improper use of the gas, and not from the phone.

exactly
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by tgmservice: 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ayoswit:
I think it's due to gas linkage like someone above stated cos I use my phone while cooking all the time and there hasn't been any explosion. Rip to the beautiful lady.
it only takes one day to end it all

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by osuofia2(m): 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ayoswit:
I think it's due to gas linkage like someone above stated cos I use my phone while cooking all the time and there hasn't been any explosion. Rip to the beautiful lady.
Hope we won't be reading same story about you when e happen...ode
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Ayoswit(f): 9:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
osuofia2:

Hope we won't be reading same story about you when e happen...ode
Anuofia, It is the news about your demise that I'll read soon, big fool.

2 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by PotatoSalad(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bluffly:

My guy you are tackling urself. Take caution to avoid mishapps and yet you want to justify its use while cooking with gas when there could be unnoticed leak. Prevention is better than cure.
Mind you the radiation from the phone is like a match stick waiting to be ignited
Dumbo. Chai Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by imagrg(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2019
Your village people!
I have resorted to the use of kerosene stove because of my village people!
Well, as I browse online with Cryptotab, I earn free btc daily!
See my signature for link please if interested...
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by PotatoSalad(m): 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2019
Davidddon:

Nigga pls shut up and learn.... Don't go around showing your ignorance..... This is proof

Using cell phone while gas is burning may not ignite fire but the static electricity can. ... Once these vapors are ignited, it can cause this ignition to travel where the gas is present in large amount. And, the very next minute it can cause a big boom around the region.....

You failed physics. Stop displaying your ignorance trying to be smart

6 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Kenoxman(m): 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oyindidi:
Dash me naa... abeg...
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Fash20: 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2019
Davidddon:

There is nothing like read any physics here. Do your research before you start your ITK.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Calypsol: 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oyindidi:

LOL better don't use it, that stuff scares the hell out of me I don't wanna die young but if you put the gas outside though and connect it from there to your kitchen, heard it's safe.

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by deepwater(f): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2019
Davidddon:

Lemme ask a question please, while cant the fire from the burner go back into the cylinder and explode.
As you have pointed out that "it can cause this ignition to travel where the gas is present in large amount"

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by finalboss(m): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2019
dominique:
My sister in-law was jisting me about her landlord's pretty daughter who got killed by gas explosion last week. It could be the same person. The flames flew into her face while she was trying to adjust the burner. She spent about two weeks in the hospital before giving up the ghost. There was no mention of any phone o. May God console the loved ones she left behind, RIP to the deceased
Hmm, she didnt pray to GOD To protect her. probably ignored her. You still want the same God to console them.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by SlyCharlie(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
Please, who conducted the Forensic analysis that concluded that the Phone she was holding caused the explosion??...
*Spits*.. Educated illiterates everywhere..
First and Formost for an explosion to occur, the cylinder or hose or valve must have been leaking... and since the cooker was in use, the 3 things needed for combustion are now present, Heat(Fire), Oxidizing Agent(Air), Fuel(Gas)..
It has nothing to do with phone or no phone.. this is simple physics...
Even if the phone had the highest concentration Of Radio Waves, once there is a leak the fire burning on the cooker would have to ignite FIRST!.. before any radiowaves.
If ur cylinder and cooker are in good working conditions there shouldn't be any fear of combustion because the fire triangle would lack one vital component, Fuel to burn.
Its not that difficult really...

5 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Tomoyayi(m): 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
pawesome:
it can happen only and only if there is a leakage...SS1 physics tells you that too... So if your cylinder is in good condition, nothing will happen

You dey try o, abeg ignore dem.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Krak(m): 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bluffly:

My guy you are tackling urself. Take caution to avoid mishapps and yet you want to justify its use while cooking with gas when there could be unnoticed leak. Prevention is better than cure.
Mind you the radiation from the phone is like a match stick waiting to be ignited

How about the naked flame already burning on the gas burner and cooking the food,why doesnt that cause explosion? Explosion can only be caused when there is a spark after the room is filled with gas.

A phone can never cause explosion when there is already fire burning at the mouth of the burner. Pls let us learn to use our heads once in a while.

6 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Ranchhoddas: 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2019
Davidddon:

What has phone got to do with static electricity?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Tomoyayi(m): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2019
deepwater:

Lemme ask a question please, while cant the fire from the burner go back into the cylinder and explode.
As you have pointed out that "it can cause this ignition to travel where the gas is present in large amount"

Gas cylinder is meant to be outside not inside
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by sharpwriter(m): 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Let's put it this way, what will you call your wife sister who's not married?

Guy....e be like say na me dey see double.... my medulla oblongata no reason am .. i just dey boot grin grin must be the frustration I see this evening... I dey para ni. No vex bro grin grin cheesy One love, only if yu are not Buhari supporter sha o wink wink wink
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by oweniwe(m): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2019
dominique:
My sister in-law was jisting me about her landlord's pretty daughter who got killed by gas explosion last week. It could be the same person. The flames flew into her face while she was trying to adjust the burner. She spent about two weeks in the hospital before giving up the ghost. There was no mention of any phone o. May God console the loved ones she left behind, RIP to the deceased

Most of those girls don't know how to use gas burner.

Some would turn the switch on first... Before striking match to ignite fine... Imagine 3 match sticks failed with gas already hissing away since... And the 4th match lights, there bound to be a mini explosion.

Some others will turn the gauge to maximum and then go press phone. Boiling water from what they are cooking would have spilled everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Oyindidi(f): 9:22pm On Jan 09, 2019
Calypsol:

LOL better don't use it, that stuff scares the hell out of me I don't wanna die young but if you put the gas outside though and connect it from there to your kitchen, heard it's safe.
I will use it, my new cooker got bad without use cos of fear, I bought this one last month
Re: Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos by Oyindidi(f): 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2019
Kenoxman:
Dash me naa... abeg...
Which state you dey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide After 18-Year-Old New Wife Deprived Him Of Sex / Edo Records First Coronavirus Case: 35 Cases Now Confirmed In Nigeria / Doctors Say Coronavirus Can Spread Through Farts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.