Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Enugu Herbalist Takes 48th Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Herbalist Takes 48th Wife (821 Views)

Herbalist: I Sent Kidnappers After Rich Clients / Forbes Names Okonjo-iweala Most Powerful Woman in Africa 48th in the World 2015 / Happy 48th Birthday Governor Amaechi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Herbalist Takes 48th Wife by eyanpataki: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2010
An Enugu based herbalist and self-styled King Solomon of Africa, Dr OnuUwa Simon Odo, made history recently when he performed the traditional wedding rites to a 24-year-old girl to bring the total of his wives to 48.
The 64-year-old herbalist, who married his first wife at the age of 15 , by the recent marriage, now ranks among the world’s most polygamous men.

OnuUwa wedded Ndidi, a secondary school leaver at a flamboyant traditional marriage ceremony unprecedented in the annals of Ajii, a hinterland community in the Igbo Eze North Local Government Area, Enugu State.
The herbalist who said he specialized in healing the sick, especially those whose ailment had defied orthodox therapy; preparation of good luck and success charms, claimed to have received his power from Eze-Nwayi (mermaid) at an early age.

Although he told Daily Sun that his latest wife, Ndidi would be his last, a family source said it is doubtful if he could resist the urge to marry more wives, insisting that “he will marry again.”
OnuUwa, who said he was a baptized and confirmed Catholic, as well as a Mass server, denied any involvement in ritual sacrifices or shedding of human blood.
“I will go to heaven because I am a good man,” he boasted, adding that if he were bad, the gods would have punished him through his children or wives, pointing out that he has never recorded death of a child or wife.

It is just very wonderful how peaceful the family is, given its large population. Explaining the secrete behind the unprecedented harmony in his family, he attributed it to the strict adherence of members of his household to the written rules guiding his family, which he calls the “four commandments” that forbids them to steal, be jealous, fight or kill.

There is no barren woman in his household, but he refused to disclose the number of children he has.
“How can I tell you the number of children I have. You don’t count children, because they are gifts from God. Before you leave, one of my wives may give birth, would you not call me a liar?” the herbalist queried jokingly.
“My ambition to establish a village with my family has been realized. We are now more than a village,” he told Daily Sun.
********what is this?, everyone has his life to live ,
Re: Enugu Herbalist Takes 48th Wife by Blueice4re(f): 10:41am On Aug 11, 2010
God have mercy.
Re: Enugu Herbalist Takes 48th Wife by jamace(m): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2010
The world indeed is a stage where men and women are merely players. grin grin
Re: Enugu Herbalist Takes 48th Wife by seanet02: 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2010
Government must make sure they investigate this kidnappers, he may be using the children of this women for rituals, you cant predict the eastern people, very dubious morally and financially.
Re: Enugu Herbalist Takes 48th Wife by EzeUche22(m): 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2010
How is he paying for these bride prices?

Chei! Way too much. Greedy man! When there are so many Igbo men who need Igbo wives! angry
Re: Enugu Herbalist Takes 48th Wife by Fhemmmy: 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2010
Na wa oh . . and some men are yet to find one.
Re: Enugu Herbalist Takes 48th Wife by Gbemyte(f): 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2010
Abeg my people leave d man alone. I blame d women he got married 2. Am very sure they must av gone 2 his shrine 4 charm nd d man use his demonic power 2 dem. Ohun oju wa loju ri. Rubbish!!

(1) (Reply)

Sad - Why I Removed My Testes With Broken Bottle / A Vote Against Ibb / Akpabio Buries Coffin On Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.