Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,718 members, 7,837,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF (1534 Views)

Helen Grant: Despite Recession, Nigeria Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa / Yemi Osinbajo Holds Meeting WithWorld Bank, IMF Representatives / Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by deboysben(m): 9:46am On Jan 11, 2019
BREAKING NEWS-

Top 10 Fastest Growing Economies in Africa in 2018 (World Bank, IMF....)

[1] Ghana >>>>>>>8.3%
[2] Ethiopia >>>>>>8.2%
[3] Cote d'Ivoire>>>7.2%
[4] Djibouti >>>>>> 7.0%
[5] Senegal >>>>>>6.9%
[6] Tanzania >>>>> 6.8%
[7] Sierra Leone>>>6.3%
[8] Burkina Faso>>>6.0%
[8] Benin Rep>>>>>6.0%
[9] Rwanda>>>>>>>5.9%
[10] Niger Rep>>>>>5.2%
------------------
[41] NIGERIA>>>>>>1.9%,
Note: Nigeria was Number [1] in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Also, Nigeria was the 3rd Fastest growing Economy in the World in 2014 now, the 88th.

I always feel very bad when people think this government has done well. See this source from World Bank, Brookings Institution, IMF.

From now onwards lets face facts

4 Likes

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by kettykin: 9:55am On Jan 11, 2019
Nigeria stopped growing the day people with cheap worthless education brought change

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by Akiara: 10:06am On Jan 11, 2019
grin grin

The zombie squad will avoid this thread like Ebola plague

5 Likes

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by standardboi(m): 10:13am On Jan 11, 2019
What did we do to deserve this kind of change.........

5 Likes

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by docadams: 10:21am On Jan 11, 2019
deboysben:
BREAKING NEWS-

Note: Nigeria was Number [1] in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Also, Nigeria was the 3rd Fastest growing Economy in the World in 2014 now, the 88th.

I always feel very bad when people think this government has done well. See this source from World Bank, Brookings Institution, IMF.

From now onwards lets face facts

Source for the bolded
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by bedspread: 10:26am On Jan 11, 2019
What baffles me is the extent our government goes to produce fake news to it citizens...

Few months ago they created one fake Forbes site that had it source confusing .all to confuse the Citizens..

We Pray For Divine Intervention in our Country ..

Personally, it will be a Grave Disater to have his Excellency Pmb for another 4yrs...

4 Likes

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by REDshouse(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2019
Where is the link to this fake news.....
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by deji68: 10:27am On Jan 11, 2019
In 2014 and early 2015, Nigeria was named the third fastest growing economy in the world by CNNMoney, with China and Qatar, taking the lead at 7.3 percent, 7.1 percent gross domestic product (GDP) growth.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/from-world-3rd-fastest-growing-economy-nigeria-drops-out-of-top-15-in-africa/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/from-world-3rd-fastest-growing-economy-nigeria-drops-out-of-top-15-in-africa/

docadams:

Source for the bolded
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by docadams: 10:40am On Jan 11, 2019
deji68:
In 2014 and early 2015, Nigeria was named the third fastest growing economy in the world by CNNMoney, with China and Qatar, taking the lead at 7.3 percent, 7.1 percent gross domestic product (GDP) growth.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/from-world-3rd-fastest-growing-economy-nigeria-drops-out-of-top-15-in-africa/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/from-world-3rd-fastest-growing-economy-nigeria-drops-out-of-top-15-in-africa/

Ordinary citizen like me relies on what I see around me as the basis for forming an opinion. So if we attained such a lofty height then, how come the FG resorted to borrowing to pay salaries while many of the states where many months in arrears in salaries? Not a good sign of a fast growing economy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by Blackfire(m): 10:43am On Jan 11, 2019
We are still not doing bad....

Wait till we get to 690 position

Then we will shout

1 Like

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by deji68: 10:45am On Jan 11, 2019
Well, with -1% to1,9% growth under PMB ...u see double digit inflation....double digit unemployment rate...weak Naira...We didnt see that under 7% growth borrowing to pay salary is not an economic indicator, if what u said is even true...
docadams:

Ordinary citizen like me relies on what I see around me as the basis for forming an opinion. So if we attained such a lofty height then, how come the FG resorted to borrowing to pay salaries while many of the states where many months in arrears in salaries? Not a good sign of a fast growing economy.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by globexpo: 10:46am On Jan 11, 2019
We need competence and capability leadership
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by Sirjamo: 10:46am On Jan 11, 2019
The only thing that was driving the growth was oil money, when it falls, it took the growth with it. EOD
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by dheilaw1(m): 10:46am On Jan 11, 2019
Even if the economy is second to last in the world, buhari would still win. Ipob should goan sleep in the lagoon
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by SalamRushdie: 10:48am On Jan 11, 2019
Just 3 years ago before Jonathan handed over to Buhari Nigeria was ranked the 4 th fastest growing economy and just 3 years under the Dullard it's ranked 41 in Africa ..What a shame ..

34webers , GavelSlam, Sarrki, LivelyMatilda come and see the kind of wicked mind you guys have

1 Like

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by SalamRushdie: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2019
Sirjamo:
The only thing that was driving the growth was oil money, when it falls, it took the growth with it. EOD

it was never oil but prospect , prospect drives an economy but sadly under Buhari there is non

1 Like

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by 34webers(m): 11:02am On Jan 11, 2019
[s]
SalamRushdie:
Just 3 years ago before Jonathan handed over to Buhari Nigeria was ranked the 4 th fastest growing economy and just 3 years under the Dullard it's ranked 41 in Africa ..What a shame ..

34webers , GavelSlam, Sarrki, LivelyMatilda come and see the kind of wicked mind you guys have
[/s]
And despite the so-called oil you claim to be in your head, you still find it difficult to know the meaning of recession in an oil dependent economy. If the economy like, let it go further down, educated and intelligent Nigerians know exactly what happened. The likes Of NOI, SLS, Charles Soludo had warned before 2015 and these people are million times better than you in the knowledge of national economy. No amount of cheap blackmail can bring down buhari. Worse were done b4 2015 election and this time, he will win with much greater margin. Remain on nairaland and keep jumping from thread to thread while alternating username and at the same time be claiming multibillionair in dollars.
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by docadams: 11:03am On Jan 11, 2019
deji68:
Well, with -1% to1,9% growth under PMB ...u see double digit inflation....double digit unemployment rate...weak Naira...We didnt see the under 7% growth borrowing to pay salary is not an economic indicator, if what u said is even true...

Leave PMB out of it momentarily. You haven't addressed the issue I raised. Be categorical on the the veracity of my curiosity. If in doubt we can revisit it. So again I ask, why did we have to borrow to pay salaries in 2015 in the face of a fast growing economy?

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by 34webers(m): 11:06am On Jan 11, 2019
[s]
SalamRushdie:

it was never oil but prospect , prospect drives an economy but sadly under Buhari there is non
[/s]
Continue jumping up and down on nairaland and be crying hardship, don't go and search for manual labour work if you can't get the one the requires brain. Buhari will remain president till 2023 and no room for any illegal business within the period.
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by deji68: 11:07am On Jan 11, 2019
dont mind him even under OBJ part 1 when oil was hovering around 30/B we never had this bad....

Country 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2016 2017
Nigeria 2.7 3.5 3.5 3 7.1 6.2 6.9 5.3 6.4 5.3 5.6 8.4 7.2 6.3 6.2 -1.7 0.8

SalamRushdie:

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by 34webers(m): 11:09am On Jan 11, 2019
docadams:

Leave PMB out of it momentarily. You haven't addressed the issue I raised. Be categorical on the the veracity of my curiosity. If in doubt we can revisit it. So again I ask, why did we have to borrow to pay salaries in 2015 in the face of a fast growing economy?
That is one of the question they will never answer, they will rather start pulling out some funny unrelated figures from their a$$es. undecided
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by deji68: 11:13am On Jan 11, 2019
You asked for the proof, and i gave u... world bank data said we had the 3rd best GDP and the people could feel it back then.... why we borrow to pay salary or why countries like America , Germany borrow to fix their budget deficit is another topic, it has nothing to do with GDP....
docadams:

1 Like

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by SalamRushdie: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2019
34webers:
[s][/s]
Continue jumping up and down on nairaland and be crying hardship, don't go and search for manual labour work if you can't get the one the requires brain. Buhari will remain president till 2023 and no room for any illegal business within the period.

You must be a Jihadi fundamentalist for you you want another 4 years of such uselessness... Well I can tell you this is Buharis last tenure
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by 34webers(m): 11:28am On Jan 11, 2019
[s]
SalamRushdie:

You must be a Jihadi fundamentalist for you you want another 4 years of such uselessness... Well I can tell you this is Buharis last tenure
[/s]
Mr successful businessman with oil in wherever, the jihadi fundamentalist will remain the president till 2023, go in search of a legitimate job. Criminals will not have their way within this period.
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by SalamRushdie: 11:30am On Jan 11, 2019
34webers:
[s][/s]
Mr successful businessman with oil in wherever, the jihadi fundamentalist will remain the president till 2023, go in search of a legitimate job. Criminals will not have their way within this period.

yet Fulani terrorist are having their way ..Shame on you !!!!
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by Stalwert: 11:30am On Jan 11, 2019
Fastest growing economy in 2012 but borrowing to pay salary

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by 34webers(m): 11:34am On Jan 11, 2019
[s]
SalamRushdie:

yet Fulani terrorist are having their way ..Shame on you !!!!
[/s]
Go and vote the igbo christian atiku, no one stops you. But las las, you better go and get a legitimate business if you dont want to remain a poverty stricken wailer for life.
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by Asshurbanipal: 11:43am On Jan 11, 2019
And so called educated afonjas want this to continue because of narrow minded ethnic agenda of 2023? Yorubas have zero national interest at heart

1 Like

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by RZArecta2(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2019
APC zombies and terrorists on this thread trying to defend the destruction of Nigeria's economy by the inept Buhari junta. Their devilish plans for this country will never work, Buhari will be kicked like a donkey back to Daura and Aisha will slap his coconut head and tell him ntoooor tongue
Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by deboysben(m): 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2019
deji68:

thanks for that anyway

1 Like

Re: Fastest Growing Economy In Africa In 2018 By World Bank, IMF by docadams: 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2019
deji68:
You asked for the proof, and i gave u... world bank data said we had the 3rd best GDP and the people could feel it back then.... why we borrow to pay salary or why countries like America , Germany borrow to fix their budget deficit is another topic, it has nothing to do with GDP....

You are derailing. Your thread is about fastest growing economies not GDP. In GDP terms, we are currently number 1 in Africa followed by South Africa. At this juncture, it is obvious you can't tie the loose ends together. We live here, we know what we have. Whenever statistics are pushed forth, we can't just swallow them without interrogating them. When Chief Ogbe? said we are the world largest producer of rice Nigerians rose to debunk it and rightly so. Even NOI cannot tenaciously hold on to the notion that we were the fastest growing economy when she was in charge. So many questions will arise eg what were those micro and macroeconomic activities that revved up the economy to such height? What was our balance of trade? Why did NOI sound the ression alarm earlier in 2014. And, of course, why did she had to burrow to pay salary surprisingly in the first quarter of the year 2015.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can The North Survive On Their Own? / Podium Collapsed With PDP Candidates In Kebbi State / Excitement in Imo as Buhari Reaffirm Uche Nwosu Against Hope Uzodima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.