Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,602 members, 7,840,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (44917 Views)

Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by jesmond3945: 8:39am On Jan 24, 2019
Best1708:
I'm facing the same thing right now, my guy was accepted by all and sundries. His parent are late and his elder brother insisted that he will never give his consent. He went ahead and gave every other members of the extended family a wrong impression about me.That he has gone through my bf and i chats and discovered that i don't respect him,this and that.They treated me like a plague at a public function we attended together. Like seriously i wasn't happy,i almost cried my eyes out.I'm at a cross road coz i really do love my guy but his brother is giving me more than i can chew.
if ypur guy is not standing up for you, you better leave.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
jesmond3945:
but He also said parents don't overbear on your children.
Can you explain the bolded in ralation to the topic .
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by jesmond3945: 1:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
chisco82:

Can you explain the bolded in ralation to the topic .
what is overbear? It means to be controlling, opinionated, dogmatic, overweening. Take for example if i want to change my religion and my parents kick against that is overbearing so therefore when a parent decides who marries their ward that is called overbearing. Google is your friend to know more about overbearing.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
jesmond3945:
what is overbear? It means to be controlling, opinionated, dogmatic, overweening. Take for example if i want to change my religion and my parents kick against that is overbearing so therefore when a parent decides who marries their ward that is called overbearing. Google is your friend to know more about overbearing.
So where did you see that in your Bible?
@ the bolded read this
Genesis 18:19 KJV
For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord , to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by jesmond3945: 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2019
chisco82:

@ the bolded read this
For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord , to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
I am giving you example of what overbearing means and besides you dont use bible to preach to an atheist or a muslim try that and they would disgrace you. You need wisdom from the HolySpirit. The Bible would come later.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
jesmond3945:
I am giving you example of what overbearing means and besides you dont use bible to preach to an atheist or a muslim try that and they would disgrace you. You need wisdom from the HolySpirit. The Bible would come later.
Disgrace me how? They can only be making foolish arguement, beside i had u say wisdom, which wisdom is greater than the one in the Bible or so you dont know that the word(Bible) is also the holyspirit?
Back to your example, you said the Bible ...said parent sbould not overbear or whatever, and i ask you where in the Bible did u read that and went ahead to show you where the Bible commended Abraham for doing the example you gave and now you are telling me of Atheist.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
chisco82:

@ the bolded read this

Keeping the way of the Lord won't be derail if you to marry From another tribe or state. People of old actually have that limitation because most foreigners were Idol worshippers. You have to know something as the society evolves many of the old practise In the bible don't work any longer. We heading towards a point where mutual understanding is everything, of cause you can't cage your son's and daughters under your roof forever, they go out meet people and choice the best.
Provides females are beginning to know their right and stop all this marriage implosion on them, then we've arrived. Many domestic abuse were recorded during the era of marry we are from same place, men with Good hearts where sideline because they were outcast.
In all, the marriage is actually you and your spouse, all those shouting and giving suggestions will definitely pull out when you married.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
stinflame:

Keeping the way of the Lord won't be derail if you to marry From another tribe or state. People of old actually have that limitation because most foreigners were Idol worshippers. You have to know something as the society evolves many of the old practise In the bible don't work any longer. We heading towards a point where mutual understanding is everything, of cause you can't cage your son's and daughters under your roof forever, they go out meet people and choice the best.
Provides females are beginning to know their right and stop all this marriage implosion on them, then we've arrived. Many domestic abuse were recorded during the era of marry we are from same place, men with Good hearts where sideline because they were outcast.
In all, the marriage is actually you and your spouse, all those shouting and giving suggestions will definitely pull out when you married.
You are right, whether it work or not we still have to advice.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by jesmond3945: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
chisco82:

Disgrace me how? They can only be making foolish arguement, beside i had u say wisdom, which wisdom is greater than the one in the Bible or so you dont know that the word(Bible) is also the holyspirit?
Back to your example, you said the Bible ...said parent sbould not overbear or whatever, and i ask you where in the Bible did u read that and went ahead to show you where the Bible commended Abraham for doing the example you gave and now you are telling me of Atheist.
2 Cor 12:14
Colossians 3:21
Ephesians 6:4
Psalm 27:10
Gen 2:24
All these verses support my argument.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
jesmond3945:
you have not met core atheists they would even make you leave christianity. Now let me ask you this is the quaran true?
Sorry bro am not a Baby christian and as far as am concern no one can change my believe. I will rather live with the consciousness that there is God and @ the end there is non than to live with the consciousness that there is no God and @ the end there is.
Please explain the bolded what u mean.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
jesmond3945:
2 Cor 12:14
Colossians 3:21
Ephesians 6:4
Psalm 27:10
Gen 2:24
All these verses support my argument.
i dont think you understand the 2cor 12:14.
Col 3:21, you still got it wrong sir.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
chisco82:

You are right, whether it work or not we still have to advice.

Yes do, but don't impose and be rigid. My kids have their own life and soul, am just a keeping but don't own them and they don't owe me.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by jesmond3945: 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
chisco82:
i dont think you understand the 2cor 12:14.
Col 3:21, you still got it wrong sir.
please explain what the verse talks about and the translation you are using
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by jesmond3945: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2019
chisco82:

Sorry bro am not a Baby christian and as far as am concern no one can change my believe. I will rather live with the consciousness that there is God and @ the end there is non than to live with the consciousness that there is no God and @ the end there is.
so you don't understand simple question? And you want to argue with an atheist grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by hopefulLandlord: 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2019
chisco82:

What if you live as though Yahweh and Jesus are true as described in the bible then discover Allah and Mohammed are actually the truth?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
jesmond3945:
so you don't understand simple question? And you want to argue with an atheist grin grin
I wonder what is your question to understand again, except if you meant another while asking another thing.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 24, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

What if you live as though Yahweh and Jesus are true as described in the bible then discover Allah and Mohammed are actually the truth?
I think u knows the real answer...
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2019
stinflame:

Yes do, but don't impose and be rigid. My kids have their own life and soul, am just a keeping but don't own them and they don't owe me.
That you disapprove someone's plans does n't mean you are imposing your own plan on that person. I never support parent imposing their choice of partner on their children. Children should as well make sure they convince their parent on their choice of marital partner to get their parent blessings..it is very important.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by hopefulLandlord: 8:39am On Jan 25, 2019
chisco82:

I think u knows the real answer...

no sir
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 25, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

no sir
Ok, my faith does not align with "what if"
#unshakablefaith#
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Irenemmeso(f): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
Hmmmm you all are just one sided talking about guy's parents, what of some of us facing challenges from our parents. Some parents wouldn't allow their daughter to get married to a particular man because of tribe, Religion, state difference etc...
Can a Lady marry without her parents consent
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by NEalt1: 11:37am On Jan 28, 2019
LegitGirl:

Lol. She won't misbehave. And if she sees this, she'd still know it's you. grin grin grin

Get thee behind me grin grin grin.
Love the babe scatter.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Youngzedd(m): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2020
smiley
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by NwaliE01: 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2020
Tallesty1:
No experience so I will be sharing my senior brother's experience.

Dude came home one day with one tall bae like that from Anambra.

He called the fam together and introduced her as the girl he will marry, Oh Boy.... My old man no even let him finish before he provoke.
Same experience as mine

He said it ain't happening, that all his kids will marry from my state.

Mumsy calmed him but she sef no support the thing.

Later that night(after the girl don go) he(dad) called us together and started giving reason why we should not marry from another state.

My bro told him that he and the girl don tey so he no fit leave am like that.

I told them to let him marry whoever he likes after all nah he go live with am.

But the reason I supported him be say me sef dey date one girl from Anambra that time.

Mumsy later gree but palee refused so with mom's support, we do strong head go marry her.

To cut the story short, the lady is my dad's favorite daughter in law till today and they're happily married with 4 kids.

2 boys and 2 girls.

Same experience as mine.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Jsk132: 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2020
Not me, but a good friend. His parents did not want him to marry his (beautiful, smart, kind, wonderful) girlfriend because her parents were divorced. Their reasoning (using that word loosely) was "she doesn't know what it takes to have a healthy marriage, because her parents didn't have one." They got married anyway. That was...about 12years ago.

What happened? Well, they have 3 kids, they're still together, they have a beautiful family, and his parents have never met these grandkids. Because the husband said to his parents, basically, if you want to be allowed back into this family, you need to apologize to my wife in a way she finds convincing and sufficient. And his parents are totally unwilling to do that. So, sometime in the relatively (and increasingly) near future, one or more of the grandparents will die without ever having seen these grandkids.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by nnamdiosu(m): 9:17pm On Feb 14, 2020
ivolt:
Sharing experience would be bad advice because people's parents and relationships differ.
Don't marry her because she is a cultist or unfaithful is a good advice.
But don't marry her because I don't like her mother, aunty or face is hogwash. You are the one that will live with your wife, not your mother.

Know thyself and your parents before you decide. While some parents will soften with time, others may cut you off completely. You must examine the worst case scenario to know what you are prepared to sacrifice.

Are you the only child who happens to be mommy's boy? Then going against her might be too much for you to bear.
Are you a person who have always make important decisions for themselves, then follow your heart.

Whatever you choose, you will always regret your decision, there is no escaping it. If you follow your heart and you later face challenges, you will think it is because you went against your mother.
If you bow to your mother's pressure and became unhappy with another woman, you will regret not marrying the love of your life and would blame your mother.

Wisdom. Deep wisdom.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by sayisayi(m): 1:58am On Feb 15, 2020
[quote author=Giantslayer him.

IMy brother became a shadow of his old self. A broke man who can no longer afford to look after himself and his family.

Bros...a fiery, cantankerous woman will turn a man into a neutered goat
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 15, 2020
sayisayi:
[quote author=Giantslayer him.

IMy brother became a shadow of his old self. A broke man who can no longer afford to look after himself and his family.

Bros...a fiery, cantankerous woman will turn a man into a neutered goat

No lie detected, bro
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by madprophet(m): 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2020
Moneystopnonsen:
Married against my mother's wish. She never liked my wife when she was babe then in school, simply because she says I give her attention too much more than i give to her.

Fast forward to after 8years of dating her, mum complained about how can i be stuck with one girl when guys where frolicking about.

After Nysc i started planning marriage, mum actually arranged her friends daughter for me, she was hot, but me i overlooked her because I was hell bent on been opposite of what my father was.

3 years ago i married my wife, mum only came for the traditional. She gave me plenty condition for my white and i was like why will my own mum want to sabotage my life simply bcoz of jealosy. Because of her I didn't do white wedding. I went to the registry and married my wife.

Today I have 2 kids and my wife is my back bone, mum still detest her and is pretending, I have made it clear to her you can't love me, love the kids she gave you and dislike her.

Recently she went as far as smearing my wife's image To my younger brothers who are not in Nigeria, I wonder what she wants to gain. So am paying her back with no access to me at all. Until she retraces her step.

If u notice I didn't talk about my dad, he is alive, his an old arse hole for university of Ibadan females both students and hostel female staff, he can gift u a car just to lay u.

Mum is just a control freak. She has lived her marital life yet wants to live another through me, but kole work ooo

Lovely but as much as you can ensure your relationship with God is solid.

God be with you bro
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by luminouz(m): 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2020
jesmond3945:
if ypur guy is not standing up for you, you better leave.

Standing fan ni or standard temperature and pressure.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 3:03am On Feb 16, 2020
Interesting thread...
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by benzion72(m): 10:51am On Feb 16, 2020
My experience is fast forward and imagine you have a daughter you cherished and train planning to marry against your own consent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) / How true about this in Marriage ( See Photo) / MY Wife Left Me For Her Politician Exboyfried.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.