Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,729 members, 7,837,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent (44875 Views)

Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by sandra50(f): 11:18am On Jan 13, 2019
5thElement:

I'm sure you know what you can do with your opinion. I'll give you two options.

choke on it or

stick it up your ass.

your choice.
Same thing I want you to do with it sweetie.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 13, 2019
sandra50:

Same thing I want you to do with it sweetie.

I have noticed you Sandra.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by amirez(m): 11:46am On Jan 13, 2019
Please, go and get the book on "Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage by Kenneth E. Hagin" and you will find the answer you are looking for.

There is an account of a young lady who obeyed God's will for her life than that of her mother. Get the book and read the full account.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by thecommunist(m): 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mizwisdom:

OK a 10 year old will comfort a crying mother most times. Note I didn't say boy or girl because any child will be moved to compassion towards a loving mother, even kids less than that. When my neighbor was sick her 5 year old daughter lost appetite cause of concern for the mother. You clearly have some stereotypes which is fine but not necessarily true. A selfish child will ask the mother not to remarry because he wants to be the only child and have her to himself, no adult should allow a 7 year old control him or her. One day that child will marry and leave you lonely, no spouse wants a mil with no life of her own. I don't know why someone should allow a child dictate how she lives her life, it's better to have your own companion than to be disturbing your kids because you're lonely.
its not exactly allowing a child dictate how to live ones life..its sacrificing for the said child if you can. my father remarried 18 years after my mother passed away, well after we all finished our higher education. thats sacrifice sir!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by pweetygiftofGod(f): 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
My dear the bills are on the man, the story would have been better if only there was consent from her family, I wish I could explain deeper...
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
1Sharon:

Did you get ur parents consent the first time you had sex too?
I hope you can differentiate between sex and marriage
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
olumyde:

I know that is one of the popular advice one will get. But what if it is even because of God that you are making your decision. Then you will have to decide if God is first or your parents.

Anyways, this thread is for people to share experience. There are other threads full of different advices.

Advice is cheap! Talk is cheap! Don't we usually say, experience is the best teacher.
Even God said you should honour your parent, even God will not support you to do that. Pray to God to help change ur parents heart.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by bedspread: 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2019
Ishilove:

The bolded ministered directly to my soul. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is so educative and inspiring.

God bless you.
GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by 1Sharon(f): 4:14pm On Jan 13, 2019
Ghostmode2two:

I hope you can differentiate between sex and marriage

I'm talking about sex. Did you get their consent too?
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

SELFISH AND WICKED PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS DO EVERYTHING TO JUSTIFY THEIR EVILS.
WHILE TUMBLING AND RUNNING THEIR PARTNERS DOWN FOR MANY YEARS THEY NEVER BOTHERED WITH WHAT EVEN GOD HAD TO SAY.
WHEN IT'S TIME FOR FULL TIME COMMITMENT THEY SUDDENLY COME UP WITH EXCUSES OF WHAT THEIR PARENTS WOULD OR WOULDN'T ALLOW.
IF I WAS THE MAN OR WOMAN GETTING DITCHED BY MY PARTNER AFTER MANY YEARS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEIR MOM HAS TO SAY ABOUT ME DESPITE ALL MY INVESTMENT AND ENERGY COMMITTED, I'M GOING OVER THERE TO SET THE ENTIRE FAMILY AND THEIR HOUSE ON FIRE. undecided

You are a very wise man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by luminouz(m): 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2019
nawa for u oh!
if you were in social sciences,then i will know ur face.

ImaIma1:

Ok too

But anyway, I can bet he's in social science. Na there them plenty.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Ayobami7(m): 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Akious2k2(m): 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
alexistaiwo:
It depends on the kind of person you are.

If you are a mummy's boy, e don be for you be that.

My own parents can never object to any marriage proposal of mine because they know that getting them involved is just a formality.
I will go ahead and do what's on my mind like I have always done since childhood.

If it backfires, well, we learn everyday.
Your last statement speaks volume... Not everyone live to tell the story though... It can degenerate to a life long problem, you know?
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by ImaIma1(f): 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
luminouz:
nawa for u oh!
if you were in social sciences,then i will know ur face.

No I was in arts
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
My friend, all actions have consequences.

You should be man enough to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Akious2k2:

Your last statement speaks volume... Not everyone live to tell the story though... It can degenerate to a life long problem, you know?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by luminouz(m): 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
ImaIma1:

No I was in arts

Lmaoooo
Now I definitely know you..
Arts na my second department na...
U remember Arts AP 1 & 2? wink
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Akious2k2(m): 11:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
alexistaiwo:
My friend, all actions have consequences.

You should be man enough to deal with the consequences of your actions.

I totally agree with you... It's good to thread carefully though
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Best1708(f): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
I'm facing the same thing right now, my guy was accepted by all and sundries. His parent are late and his elder brother insisted that he will never give his consent. He went ahead and gave every other members of the extended family a wrong impression about me.That he has gone through my bf and i chats and discovered that i don't respect him,this and that.They treated me like a plague at a public function we attended together. Like seriously i wasn't happy,i almost cried my eyes out.I'm at a cross road coz i really do love my guy but his brother is giving me more than i can chew.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

SELFISH AND WICKED PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS DO EVERYTHING TO JUSTIFY THEIR EVILS.
WHILE TUMBLING AND RUNNING THEIR PARTNERS DOWN FOR MANY YEARS THEY NEVER BOTHERED WITH WHAT EVEN GOD HAD TO SAY.
WHEN IT'S TIME FOR FULL TIME COMMITMENT THEY SUDDENLY COME UP WITH EXCUSES OF WHAT THEIR PARENTS WOULD OR WOULDN'T ALLOW.
IF I WAS THE MAN OR WOMAN GETTING DITCHED BY MY PARTNER AFTER MANY YEARS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEIR MOM HAS TO SAY ABOUT ME DESPITE ALL MY INVESTMENT AND ENERGY COMMITTED, I'M GOING OVER THERE TO SET THE ENTIRE FAMILY AND THEIR HOUSE ON FIRE. undecided

Hehehehe grin
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by HBB1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
Best1708:
I'm facing the same thing right now, my guy was accepted by all and sundries. His parent are late and his elder brother insisted that he will never give his consent. He went ahead and gave every other members of the extended family a wrong impression about me.That he has gone through my bf and i chats and discovered that i don't respect him,this and that.They treated me like a plague at a public function we attended together. Like seriously i wasn't happy,i almost cried my eyes out.I'm at a cross road coz i really do love my guy but his brother is giving me more than i can chew.

Your boyfriend doesn't have a penis, he is still carrying a 'kokoro'. Nigga needs to grow up! My family members that try that rubbish with me grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by ericbertrand(m): 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
Best1708:
Hello sis, your guy needs to grow cojones. He needs to stand up for you. I think his elder brother lusts after you. Probably angry his brother has you instead. Angry because he can't have you. It's just my theory but think about it
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by GoodnessnMercy: 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4949987/whats-way-forward-nigerians-continue#74767770

Please anybody that has plenty and can share should help him change the laptop so that he can get back to writing ebooks. If he can make $10 in it he can make $100,000 too. I don]t have or i would have helped him , I am broke and even need help more than him. I just started back my writing too and feeling hopeful and positive. Ya all should help him please. We don]t help ourselves when the need is there but if he does something horrible out of frustration everybody will run and come....he needs help now.

Thanks and hugs to you Bro. Keep holding on, I like your strong spirit.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Best1708(f): 10:47pm On Jan 14, 2019
ericbertrand:
Hello sis, your guy needs to grow cojones. He needs to stand up for you. I think his elder brother lusts after you. Probably angry his brother has you instead. Angry because he can't have you. It's just my theory but think about it
Two people has said this too.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by cnonyechi(f): 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2019
olumyde:

And you have not seen people who went against their parents and have a successful marriage?

Thank God for this thread, at least you have read good examples too.

But seriously its not good to go against ur parents. Cos u are planning to be a parent also so y start with disobedience
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Excel70: 6:50am On Jan 16, 2019
Best1708:
Two people has said this too.
Happy birthday Best1708 wishing you long life and prosperity
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Aboks(m): 4:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
Tallesty1:
No experience so I will be sharing my senior brother's experience.

Dude came home one day with one tall bae like that from Anambra.

He called the fam together and introduced her as the girl he will marry, Oh Boy.... My old man no even let him finish before he provoke.

He said it ain't happening, that all his kids will marry from my state.

Mumsy calmed him but she sef no support the thing.

Later that night(after the girl don go) he(dad) called us together and started giving reason why we should not marry from another state.

My bro told him that he and the girl don tey so he no fit leave am like that.

I told them to let him marry whoever he likes after all nah he go live with am.

But the reason I supported him be say me sef dey date one girl from Anambra that time.

Mumsy later gree but palee refused so with mom's support, we do strong head go marry her.

To cut the story short, the lady is my dad's favorite daughter in law till today and they're happily married with 4 kids.

2 boys and 2 girls.

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Best1708(f): 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
Excel70:

Happy birthday Best1708 wishing you long life and prosperity
Wow,thank you so much.
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by gram: 10:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
[quote author=ivolt post=74696852]Sharing experience would be bad advice because people's parents and relationships differ.
Don't marry her because she is a cultist or unfaithful is a good advice.
But don't marry her because I don't like her mother, aunty or face is hogwash. You are the one that will live with your wife, not your mother.

Know thyself and your parents before you decide. While some parents will soften with time, others may cut you off completely. You must examine the worst case scenario to know what you are prepared to sacrifice.

Are you the only child who happens to be mommy's boy? Then going against her might be too much for you to bear.
Are you a person who have always make important decisions for themselves, then follow your heart.

Whatever you choose, you will always regret your decision, there is no escaping it. If you follow your heart and you later face challenges, you will think it is because you went against your mother.
If you bow to your mother's pressure and became unhappy with another woman, you will regret not marrying the love of your life and would blame your mother.

[
But don't marry her because I don't like her mother, aunty or face is hogwash.
/quote] -

This is not hogwash. Most ladies use their mum's brains to survive marriage. You will soon realize you married the mum not the daughter
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by virtex18: 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2019
chris31:

Go make peace with ur mum ur making a bigger mistake forget wives they are only there to give u children u wont understand but someday u will
Really, wives are just there to give you children... Listen to yourself

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by Theophinio(m): 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2019
ivolt:
Sharing experience would be bad advice because people's parents and relationships differ.
Don't marry her because she is a cultist or unfaithful is a good advice.
But don't marry her because I don't like her mother, aunty or face is hogwash. You are the one that will live with your wife, not your mother.

Know thyself and your parents before you decide. While some parents will soften with time, others may cut you off completely. You must examine the worst case scenario to know what you are prepared to sacrifice.

Are you the only child who happens to be mommy's boy? Then going against her might be too much for you to bear.
Are you a person who have always make important decisions for themselves, then follow your heart.

Whatever you choose, you will always regret your decision, there is no escaping it. If you follow your heart and you later face challenges, you will think it is because you went against your mother.
If you bow to your mother's pressure and became unhappy with another woman, you will regret not marrying the love of your life and would blame your mother.

PERFECTLY EXPLAINED
Re: Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent by jesmond3945: 8:34am On Jan 24, 2019
chisco82:

Even God said you should honour your parent, even God will not support you to do that. Pray to God to help change ur parents heart.
but He also said parents don't overbear on your children.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

If You Are Struggling So Hard And Money Hasn't Come, Get Married / My Skin Crawls When My Husband Touches Me (help!) / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.