Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version (11889 Views)

Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? / King James (of The KJV Bible), Was An Indigenous Black European / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Hate The King James Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by Ubenedictus(m): 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
shocked
alBHAGDADI:

Those books deny Jesus, that's why we reject them.
It is clear you haven't read those books, they don't deny Jesus. They prophesy about him now read up.

Wisdom 2:12-20

12: "Let us lie in wait for the righteous man, because he is inconvenient to us and opposes our actions; he reproaches us for sins against the law, and accuses us of sins against our training. 13: He professes to have knowledge of God, and calls himself a child of the Lord. 14: He became to us a reproof of our thoughts; 15: the very sight of him is a burden to us, because his manner of life is unlike that of others, and his ways are strange. 16: We are considered by him as something base, and he avoids our ways as unclean; he calls the last end of the righteous happy, and boasts that God is his father. 17: Let us see if his words are true, and let us test what will happen at the end of his life; 18: for if the righteous man is God's son, he will help him, and will deliver him from the hand of his adversaries. 19: Let us test him with insult and torture, that we may find out how gentle he is, and make trial of his forbearance. 20: Let us condemn him to a shameful death, for, according to what he says, he will be protected."
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by Janosky: 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2019
VictorRomanov:
I take this guy less seriously by the day. With each post every Sunday, his ignorance, low capacity to reason, and lack of understanding of basic English language becomes more obvious. Much more, it proves he has no single understanding of the bible.

If he does read, he would have know that the KJV is one of the most adulterated translations of the bible, with spurious texts flying in here and there. These days neither does the catholic church nor the church of England have monopoly to early bible manuscripts from which translations into various languages can be done. And the more people translate, the more they see the errors in translation in the KJV.

The OP has no interest in the truth..
Just check out the hogwash he has posted here in recent weeks.

He loves the fictitious insertion of 1john5:7,1tim3:16 & Rev 1:11(KJV) to name a few, even though he knows that these verses were falsifications not found in the Greek Septuagint or other manuscripts older than Textus receptus.

He assumes he is more informed than theologians & historians who had invested many years of pain staking scholarship to unearth solid facts about Bible manuscripts in existence today.
He loves the KJV but he no go agree to speak & use their archaic, outdated English in his daily interactions everywhere.

Make the OP dey deceive himself

1 Like

Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

If you can't take a stand for something, then you will fall for anything.

You mean any Bible is a Bible?

My brother, are you looking for the truth or are you more concerned about being right?

If you are looking for the truth, prayerfully go do your own research and ask God to direct you to the right materials and keep you from anything that is not of Him. you can look at some of the links I posted if you like but you can also go your own part, just trust God to keep you. If you truly do your own due diligence and still arrive at the same conclusion as before, that's also fine, At least you can say uve tested ur own facts and it still hold up to the fire.

None of us are all knowing except God, so there's always room to learn and grow. We all know in part and we all make mistakes, that's part of the human experience.

God bless you my brother and hope to have more discussions with you.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by mabea: 7:52am On Jan 14, 2019
VictorRomanov:

How come you understood what he said, since you can't understand God's word with your brain? Did you use your kidney to understand him.

One of the claims he made is that the KJV never called Jesus Joseph's son.

Take this:

King James Version
Luke 3:23

But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the almighty giveth him understanding. Job 32:8. This is what im talking about.

It seems you didnt grab what he was talking about. Look at the scripture you just quoted. Did you see the phrase in blacket? That's the difference.
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by VictorRomanov: 8:20am On Jan 14, 2019
mabea:
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the almighty giveth him understanding. Job 32:8. This is what im talking about.

It seems you didnt grab what he was talking about. Look at the scripture you just quoted. Did you see the phrase in blacket? That's the difference.

Many other translations have that part in bracket also, or have a statement to show what the general opinion was:

Byington

And he, Jesus, was beginning to be about thirty years old, being the son, as was supposed, of Joseph the son of Eli

American Standard Version

And Jesus himself, when he began to teach, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli

It is clear that these translation did not seek to discredit the divine nature of Jesus. They were only keeping true to what authentic ancient manuscripts contained.

The truth is that you cant just pick one verse and quote it out of context. You have to read the whole translation of that bible book to find a pattern of deliberate attempt to discredit Jesus' divine nature.

The same translators kept John 1:1. That should tell you something.

Bro please make out time to research and read. It is your faith. You should be thoroughly convinced about what you believe and not just based on hearsay.
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by enilove(m): 1:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
ollah2:

See how bigotry and hatred has finished some of you. He wrote about only the Quran and his love for it and proud to be a Muslim but inferiority complex, hatred, bigotry and intolerance made you to attack Quran yet you all claim to be good spirited and attack the Muslims. Look in the mirror man.

You are an hypocrite . From the word go , Islam has been a religion of the bigots :

Surah 5:51

Allah SWT says:

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصٰرٰىٓ أَوْلِيَآءَ ۘ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَآءُ بَعْضٍ ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَوَلَّهُمْ مِّنْكُمْ فَإِنَّهُ ۥ مِنْهُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِى الْقَوْمَ الظّٰلِمِينَ
"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people."
(QS. Al-Maaida: Verse 51)

Allah SWT says:

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا قٰتِلُوا الَّذِينَ يَلُونَكُمْ مِّنَ الْكُفَّارِ وَلْيَجِدُوا فِيكُمْ غِلْظَةً ۚ وَاعْلَمُوٓا أَنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الْمُتَّقِينَ
"O you who have believed, fight those adjacent to you of the disbelievers and let them find in you harshness. And know that Allah is with the righteous."
(QS. At-Tawba: Verse 123)

* Via the Beautiful Qur'an

WHAT WOULD YOU CALL MUHAMMAD AND ALLAH ? ARE THEY TOLERANTS ?
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2019
OAM4J
or any other modrator on this section please I want to know why I was wrongfully baned on this post yesterday when I did nothing wrong . the worst part is that the post that brought this ban was not pointed out to me. is it a case of mistaken identify?
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by ollah2: 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
enilove:

You are an hypocrite . From the word go , Islam has been a religion of the bigots :

Surah 5:51

Allah SWT says:

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصٰرٰىٓ أَوْلِيَآءَ ۘ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَآءُ بَعْضٍ ۚ وَمَنْ يَتَوَلَّهُمْ مِّنْكُمْ فَإِنَّهُ ۥ مِنْهُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِى الْقَوْمَ الظّٰلِمِينَ
"O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people."
(QS. Al-Maaida: Verse 51)

Allah SWT says:

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا قٰتِلُوا الَّذِينَ يَلُونَكُمْ مِّنَ الْكُفَّارِ وَلْيَجِدُوا فِيكُمْ غِلْظَةً ۚ وَاعْلَمُوٓا أَنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الْمُتَّقِينَ
"O you who have believed, fight those adjacent to you of the disbelievers and let them find in you harshness. And know that Allah is with the righteous."
(QS. At-Tawba: Verse 123)

* Via the Beautiful Qur'an

WHAT WOULD YOU CALL MUHAMMAD AND ALLAH ? ARE THEY TOLERANTS ?

Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Deuteronomy 13:

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If there is a virgin pledged in marriage to a man, and another man encounters her in the city and sleeps with her,

then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbor’s wife. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

Psalm 137:9

Blessed is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks

Via the beautiful bible

What would you call the Christian God ?
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by Avizizo(m): 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
Olabenjamen22:

Lol. next time you want to show your foolishness online, make sure you did that in your cult page and.not in a Christian page OK?

well let me educate your illiteracy,
1. Muhammad Asad version
2.M. M. Pickthall version
3. Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985) version
4. Yusuf Ali (Orig. 1938) version
5.Shakir version
6. Wahiduddin Khan version
7.Dr. Laleh Bakhtiar version
8.T.B.Irving version
9.The Clear Quran, Dr. Mustafa Khattab version
10. Safi Kaskas version

Let me stop at number 10, lol
Google is your friend sha.

so can you help yourself by vacating the page for a sane people?
Sorry for the late reply Mr foolishness fellow, I'm just busy nowadays. I can see the list of Quran you listed up there. But I'm sorry to tell you that all what you listed up there are the work of your fellow Christians just to manipulate the only book of Islam since yours continue to have new version all year. Make a good research and give your feedback.
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by Barristter07: 11:19am On Jun 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Many people today don't know that the Bible they are holding is not a sword but a butter knife which can hardly do any damage to the enemy in battle. Today, Christians think picking up any book that has BIBLE boldly written on it is actually the word of God. They do not know that Satan has his own Bibles, and I'm not talking about the Satanic Bible. Modern Bible translations of today are equally as satanic as the satanic Bible and where inspired by Satan himself. Only the KING JAMES VERSION is true and the word of God.

Let's test these modern translations to see why they are not the word of God.

THEY CALL JESUS A LIAR

They call Jesus Christ a liar who says one thing and does another. They omitted the word YET in the below verse thereby rendering Jesus a liar.

John 7:8-10 English Standard Version (ESV)
You go up to the feast. I am not going up to this feast, for my time has not yet fully come.”
After saying this, he remained in Galilee.
But after his brothers had gone up to the feast, then he also went up, not publicly but in private.

John 7:8-10 New International Version (NIV)
You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.” After he had said this, he stayed in Galilee.
However, after his brothers had left for the festival, he went also, not publicly, but in secret.

But look at how the KJV puts it. The word yet clearly shows that Jesus didn't say he wasn't going to go to the feast. He only said he wasn't going YET, that's he why he said others should go and later went to meet them.

John 7:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come.
When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.
But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.

A Muslim once used this passage against me by saying Jesus wasn't perfect and that he lied. Honestly I was confused because I didn't know he was quoting from one of those false Bible translations. Thank God for the KJV which upholds the truth.

THEY SAY JESUS CHRIST IS THE SATAN WHO IS FALLEN FROM HEAVEN

Isaiah 14:12
New International Version
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Below is Jesus Christ calling himself the Morning Star. How can he and Satan share the same title when Jesus never shares his glory with anyone?

Revelation 22:16 King James Version (KJV)
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

The proper rendition of Isaiah 14:12 is to place Satan's name there instead of Morning Star a title which belongs to Jesus.

Isaiah 14:12 King James Version (KJV)
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

THEY OMMIT VERSES.

King James Version
Acts 8:36-38 King James Version (KJV)
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

New International Version NIV
Acts 8:36-38 New International Version (NIV)
36As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?”
37**********************************************
38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.

As seen above, what the eunuch needed to do in order for him to be baptized is clearly missing in the NIV which lacks verse 37 where it is stated in the KJV. Before you can be baptized, you have to believe in Jesus. But the NIV clearly shows that such believe is not needed, that one can just go ahead and be baptized. Believe in Jesus Christ is needed before anything.

Thats why Paul told the prison warder to believe in Jesus Christ when he asked for what he had to do to be saved. Notice in the passage below that it was after Paul told him to believe in Jesus Christ before he was baptized.

Acts 16:30-33 King James Version (KJV)
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Can you see that these modern Bibles translations deliberately omit verses so as to distort the word of God?

THEY DENY GOD CAME IN FLESH

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Compare the above KJV with the NIV below to see the difference. The difference is that instead of the word God, the NIV and other Bible translations use the word HE.

NIV 1 Timothy 3:16
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory

Now, who is the HE who appeared in flesh? The NIV has no answer for that, but the kind James version does and the HE is God. The NIV and these modern Bible translations clearly attacks the Trinity, but you have failed to see that. They removed God and replaced it with HE. This means anybody can take the Antichrist as the HE. They don't want you to know that it is God who came in flesh to save mankind.

THEY SAY JESUS CHRIST CAME TO CALL SINNERS FOR NO PURPOSE... they commit repentance.

Mathew 9:13 kjv
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Other Bible versions have removed repentance from the passage.

But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

New Living Translation
Then he added, "Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: 'I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.' For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."

English Standard Version
Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

What they are basically saying is that Jesus came to call sinners for No purpose. Perhaps, they are saying the righteous people who Jesus said he did not come to call are doomed while sinners are the saved. No, he didn't come to call the righteous because they are already right. He came to call the sinners to repent of their sins and be righteous too.

Luke 5:31
And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

THEY RUBBISH THE VIRGIN BIRTH

Another error found in the Good News Bible. It clearly takes away the fact that the sign from God is that a virgin will conceive. Instead it rubbishes the virgin prophecy by saying it is just a woman that will conceive. If it's any woman, how is that a sign?

Good News Bible
Isaiah 7:14
Well then, the Lord himself will give you a sign: a young woman who is pregnant will have a son and will name him 'Immanuel.'

KJV
Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold,
a virgin shall conceive , and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

THEY SAY JOSEPH IS THE BIOLOGICAL FATHER OF JESUS

Other bible translations call Joseph the father of Jesus which is wrong. The King James Version carefully ensures such mistake doesn't happen.

Luke 2:33 King James Bible
And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.

But look at how other Bible translations rendered the verse

The child's father and mother marveled at what was said about him.

New Living Translation
Jesus' parents were amazed at what was being said about him.

English Standard Version
And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him.

Berean Study Bible
The Child’s father and mother were amazed at what was spoken about Him.

Berean Literal Bible
And His father and mother were marveling at the things having been spoken concerning Him.

New American Standard Bible
And His father and mother were amazed at the things which were being said about Him.

New World Translation
And its father and mother continued wondering at the things being spoken about it.

God Almighty is the father of Jesus Christ as seen in the verse below.

Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Now, if other bible translations say Joseph is the father of Jesus as shown in how they render Luke 2:33, then it means they are calling Joseph Blessed as seen in Ephesians 1:3 above. This is similar to how Catholics call Mary Blessed and mother of God.

Some may say people decided to make modern Bible translations so as to conform to modern English, which means they did it so that people can understand the Bible easily. That is wrong because it is Not everybody that is suppose to understand the Bible. The only people who are to understand the Bible are people with the spirit of God because those without that spirit cannot understand the word of God which is spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them , because they are spiritually discerned.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Bible also says that the holy spirit will teach us all things. This means that if you don't have the holy spirit, you can't know all things which Jesus said in his word which is the Bible.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

So, anybody trying to bring in a new translation in English other than the KJV is clearly on the wrong. They say they are revising into modern English so that people can understand, whereas the Bible clearly shows that you can't understand unless you have the spirit of God. This means that the KJV which is in Archaic English of Shakespeare will still be understood by someone with the holy spirit in him. We have seen clearly from this thread how this modern translations omitted verses and removed words. They did so because of an agenda.

The NIV for example is published by Zondervan, a group which published Satanic Bible used by the church of Satan and are also into himosexual and pornography movies. Do you think such a Bible won't contain satanic agenda?

Throw away that butter knife and get the Sword of God which is the word of God as contained in the KING JAMES VERSION.

grin

KJB said holy spirit is an " IT " at Romans 8:16 , do you agree?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by alBHAGDADI: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2019
Barristter07:

grin

KJB said holy spirit is an " IT " at Romans 8:16 , do you agree?

https://www.chick.com/information/article?id=holy-spirit-called-it-in-romans-8-26
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by Barristter07: 11:45am On Jun 22, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

https://www.chick.com/information/article?id=holy-spirit-called-it-in-romans-8-26

Damage control.

If that article is genuine , why is the Father or angels never addressed as " IT " ?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by alBHAGDADI: 11:53am On Jun 22, 2019
Barristter07:

Damage control.

If that article is genuine , why is the Father or angels never addressed as " IT " ?

Go and read the article and come answer me why Jesus refered to God as what instead of whom.

Thanks for resurrecting my thread. It will help many stay away from false Bibles, especially the New World Translation, NWT, which is actually a New World Order Bible.

cool
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by orisa37: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
I love K.J.V.
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by orisa37: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2019
I love The Septuagints, The Vulgate and My K.J.V.
Re: Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version by orisa37: 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2019
We are all speaking English, Queen's English and K.J.V is The Miracle Bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy / Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise / Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing.... Let's Talk Philosophical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.