Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu (12424 Views)

Bode George: If We Can’t Unify PDP, No Guarantee Atiku Will Unite Nigeria / 2023: Ohanaeze Rejects PDP’s No-Zoning Formula, Insists On Igbo President / APC Replies PDP "No Reason To Cancel Kano Supplementary Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by IsThisChange: 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2019
I will stand by PDP no matter what happens – Ekweremadu

The Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has reacted to rumour he has abandoned the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Mr Ekweremadu said he is still with the party as he and others are currently working on how to oust the All Progressive Congress in the forthcoming elections.

The lawmaker’s commitment to PDP has been brought under doubt since the party primaries that produced former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, as running mate to Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president.

Many believed the lawmaker is the highest ranking politician in the South-east and so should be consulted, if not chosen as Mr Abubakar’s running mate.

The scepticism was further fuelled by Mr Ekweremadu’s ‘silence’ in the media space since the primaries.

Mr Ekweremadu took to his Facebook page to bring the doubt to a conclusion Monday morning.

“My attention has been drawn to the orchestrated attempts by some characters to create the impression of a divided house in People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in the coming presidential election. Such characters dish out fake and divisive stories without source on a daily basis and attribute same to me.

“While I refuse to be distracted by such cheap blackmail, smear campaign, and extreme propaganda, it is important to reassure our supporters that the PDP is united and focused on wrestling power from the All Progressives Congress, APC.

“After the PDP lost the presidency and majority status at the National Assembly in 2015, I made it clear that I would stand by the party, no matter what. It took other party stakeholders and I a lot of efforts, sacrifices, soul-searching, and painstaking negotiations to hold the party together and rebuild it.

“If I did not abandon the PDP at its darkest hour, it does not make the slightest sense to say that I abandoned it now that its sun is rising again,” he posted on his Facebook page.

The lawmaker added that he is working with Mr Obi and others to ensure the victory of PDP in the elections.

He urged his supporters to discard the rumour of his disloyalty.

The post reads further: “Meanwhile, I have held separate meetings with our Vice Presidential candidate, Peter Obi and the Chairman, South East Governors Forum, Dave Umahi, to work out strategies for the success of our party and candidates in the coming elections.

“We are also setting up a meeting of South East PDP stakeholders by weekend to continue to strategise on the coming elections. I have no doubt that the South East leaders will deliver the region overwhelmingly to the PDP and I expect that other leaders will also do the same in their respective geopolitical zones.

“Therefore, I urge our supporters not to be distracted by such propaganda as we approach the critical stages in the coming elections. We should rather focus on delivering the votes to ensure the success of our party.”

Mr Ekweremadu is aiming to return to the Senate in his Enugu West constituency in the National Assembly election slated to hold on March 2.

The presidential election will hold on February 16 according to INEC timetable.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/305633-i-will-stand-by-pdp-no-matter-what-happens-ekweremadu.html

14 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by troubleboi: 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2019
continue to stand with them..your business not mine.. angry

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by IsThisChange: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2019
troubleboi:
continue to stand with them..your business not mine.. angry

The thing pain you No be small

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by troubleboi: 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2019
IsThisChange:

1 Like

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by troubleboi: 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
IsThisChange:

See this 1..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by IsThisChange: 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2019
APC scavengers right now

As they look at this

5 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
idiot!
because you got an appointment under atiku campaign, you now want to be in pdp.
you should have gone to apc and get voted out by my Igbo brothers.
by this time next year, you would have been visiting bubu at Duara

4 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Omeokachie: 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
BMCs now

27 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Hotfreezer: 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
Na so.

He would do Atiku what they did to Maryam Ali in Delta state in 2007.
Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Sholaco: 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
Tell that to your family and your race....as for me I don't care about ur existence
Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by mu2sa2: 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
Anyone who takes these dubious politicians for their word is a biiiiiig foooool.
Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ekweremadu thank God say you no be Godswill Akpabio! Stay and fight! You will be remembered for good!

Buhari's double we bought your story but we didn't see change!

4years tenure 3 years holiday grin grin cheesy grin grin

12 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by tommykiwi(m): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
I also stand with Atikulated-Obi.

11 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by IsThisChange: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
Sholaco:
Tell that to your family and your race....as for me I don't care about ur existence

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by jamesbond290: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
This January has never been this great. It's my second payout now and still counting am so happy.

Apex is changing lives already. Get double ROI in just a week or even less.

This is the best investment platform so far in Nigeria. Check below
Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by stanthonynaija: 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
Nice one....Atikukated forever....

3 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
zombies right now

7 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by creolehunt: 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
Is it true that /thegreenland has been blocked from the BMC whatsapp group? How will she cope, now that 30k is no longer sure?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Timatayo1: 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2019
Shame on APC the devil party

5 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Samakus(m): 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
Zenith bank please resolve my charge back claims made on 27/12/2018. Up till now, my money has not been reversed back to my account.

I will continue calling you guys out until someone hears me since every effort made towards getting you people to reverse my money has proved abortive. What a wicked bank

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by israelmao(m): 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2019
You had better be than form alliance with demonic and draconic party.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mr betrayal
Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Caseless: 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
We know what's in your heart - he's with the apc in his heart of heart.
Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by KingOfAllIgbos: 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
Houseboy for life grin
Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
Houseboy for life grin

Rumour has it that Saraki used to send him on errands ....ask him to pick up his clothes from drycleaner, wash his car

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Dpharisee: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
Reactions in northern Nigeria following the appointment of Adamu Lafia as Ag. IGP by Buhari grin

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by ferventchamp: 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
APC bawo?

He who lives by propaganda and falsehood will die by same...

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by hardywaltz(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
That's what they always say before decamping
Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
Those of us supporting APC and buhari, have u ever wondered WHAT IF all PDP members decamped to APC just like Akpabio and others. What would have been ur fate? Direct hunger, killings and others. Opposition exist as an eye opener not necessarily an enemy

3 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by IamAtikulate: 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
The thing pain zombies well well.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Stand By PDP No Matter What Happens - Ekweremadu by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
If you are not standing with PMB
You are standing with plantain
Tree
Very soon you will fall with it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nec, Newly Formed Eac Would Work Together By Vp Osinbajo / 774,000 Special Jobs: Keyamo’s Office Not Known To Law — Reps / SERAP Asks Court To Slash Jumbo Allowances For Buhari, Govs, NASS Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.