Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana (94934 Views)

Agbani Darego At Miss World Talent Show In China(photos) / MBGN Universe 2015 Flaunts Her Bikini Body At Miss Universe Camp,USA(Pics) / Tonto Dike-Churchill Glows At "Miss Grand Nigeria Beauty Pageant" Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Litmus: 11:52am On Aug 14, 2010

Londoner wrote;

Even though, I dont think this was one of the better MBGN competitions, the girl they chose seemed to be one of the least attractive  Huh

There were prettier girls who could have represented better IMO

I tried to explain why.

You see, there are social,intellectual and sometimes political pressures put on  Africans involved in the fashion and beauty industry  to select certain girls who conform to outsiders view of what represents African beauty. Even on this board, you get calls for meatier girls. The meatier  girls syndrome is another  false notion of what truly represents African beauty.

Except perhaps for the Nuba, I'm sure there are others,  primordial Africans never placed emphases on physical beauty. And the Nuba did not find Fat attractive. Anyway, as in what we now call African art,  Africans largely did not place astethic values  to sculptures or paintings. To our forefathers,  these things were functional. Likewise, physical characteristic was functional e.g potential warriors had to look the part and marriageable woman had to have gone true all the prerequisite age rites, be young of age and if plump all the better because it showed wealth (not beauty).

African notions of beauty contemporaneously is being  developed now. Unfortunately the leading influence is ghetto African American views of what and africn woman is and also Western perceptions/prescription of what Africans should look like.

In reality, there is no such thing as an archaically African look, since Africans are heterogeneous even within my own family there are very fair people, one has light blue eyes, another has the light green, which is more common in Nigeria, and then we have two girls + me who people continually mistake for Ethiopic. I hate these notions but just to make the point.  Anyway what pertains in my family I'm sure also pertains in very many large Nigerian families not to mention the entire Nigeria, and the entire African continent.

If we want to win these competition, Nigerians should just select Nigerian girls that are tall, slim and have faces that are proportionate this is what these beauty competitions really want. They should also be young (under 20's). We should forget about those deceits such as "girls with good personality" or "girls that conform to African proportions".

Personality can be faked

and there are no such things as "African proportions or African looks" except if you mean varying degree of dark skin.

voluptuous girls should go in for glamor modeling

Sometimes we think our personal likes represents  African beauty but it does not. There is no such thing.

Personally my groin likes the girl below, but cerebraly i like something else. She would look inelegant in an evening dress but great in a transparent nightgown draped on a bed.

Apologies for being crude but i wanted to make the point that it's horses for courses.

[img]http://nigerian-girls.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/1187041700_l-1-600x800.jpg
[/img]

Different looks for different purpose

Hannah Osunsina

[img]http://2.bp..com/_NE-72ZXux-g/Sncaps2OIkI/AAAAAAAAKZA/DxnSw84ZMdc/s400/Ronke+Shonibare.jpg[/img]

Ronke Shonibare
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by otumfour(m): 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2010
^^^^ shocked who tht gurl izzzz? damn! thtz shankus @ its finest
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by blacksta(m): 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2010
see ikebe grin ^^
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by concrete: 1:10pm On Aug 14, 2010
Ifygurl:

@ Concerete

I know where i got those pictures. I might have gotten the second pics wrongly but the first See for yourself http://www.listasw.com/actualidad/1290-miss-universo-2010

Exactly, the girl that won, i actually thought she one of the pretty girls in the show but the runner-ups. I don't even know what the heck Nigerian judges were smoking when they picked them. There were better looking girls in the show than Ngozi.
I think it's time they start letting Nigerians pick. You know we should be the ones that pick who wins or lose. Stephanie is the only pretty Miss. Nigeria Universe. I don't think they've picked a pretty girl apart from her.

that website got it wrong. again, people make mistakes all the time on unofficial sites like those b/c they post pictures from google without doing proper research. they just googled her name, clicked "images" and literally posted the first close up pic of a black woman that showed up even though it wasn't her. you can check the girl's facebook, official MBGN and official miss universe pics and see with a NAKED eye that she looks NOTHING like the one whose pic u posted. height, complexion, nose, cheek bones, breasts, it's pretty obvious.

it simply isn't the same girl. period. if it makes you feel better, you can go ahead and think so undecided
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by concrete: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2010

Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by concrete: 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2010
official swinsuit and close up pics of misses ghana and nigeria

Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by concrete: 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2010
swinsuit pic

Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Joseph6(m): 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2010
her body is gud but is she tryin 2 pop out her belle?
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Litmus: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2010
They want symmetry. Her lips are not proportional to her face but even so this would have been acceptable if not for the fact that it is  also crooked.The pic below shows this more effectively. Her eye line is also skewed. And she is balding.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/305983_28477_409296409604_703129604_4193034_3756543_n_jpgc5228350dfcfa76a2608b63d9e55e4f5

Apart form that, apologies to the girl for all the remarks, wish her the best in her life.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by otumfour(m): 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2010
MISS GHANA IS TOO FINE, DAMN!!!!!!! shocked shocked TYPICAL ASHANTI BEAUTY grin
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by otumfour(m): 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2010
OH! SHE'S RADA FROM SEKONDI-TAKORADI, FANTI FINENESS grin , GURL DO your TIN,  tongue
GHANA! KEEP KILLING IT,
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by googles: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2010
Litmus:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/305983_28477_409296409604_703129604_4193034_3756543_n_jpgc5228350dfcfa76a2608b63d9e55e4f5

Is this Miss nigeria ?? Damn !!! shez not a beauty pageant material at all, a model, yea but  BEAUTY pageant hmm hmm
{no offense}  cheesy
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by honeric01(m): 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2010
Sexy_Nurse:

You can shoot a movie on Rihanna forehead.
she aint all that.
Just her skin is ok.
her backside is not all that either.

ur profile pix is wicked, that girl in d drawing must be pooing in that poor slave's mouth sad sad sad
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by philip0906(m): 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2010
honeric01:

your profile pix is wicked, that girl in d drawing must be pooing in that poor slave's mouth sad sad sad
so b'cos u c her username,"sexy-nurse",u sey make u take style peep. . .u no come c wetin u been expect grin grin grin
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by honeric01(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2010
philip0906:

so b'cos u c her username,"sexy-nurse",u sey make u take style peep. . .u no come c wetin u been expect grin grin grin

HEHEHEHE, wetin man go do? sad sad sad
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by philip0906(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2010
honeric01:

HEHEHEHE, wetin man go do? sad sad sad
nothing o. . . grin grin
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nayah(f): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2010
PHILIP loooooool
honerico how you doin'?? just let the pageant happening and then we'll see we never know maybe Miss Naija would be ahead ,
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by honeric01(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2010
philip0906:

nothing o. . . grin grin

btw, how u dey? tongue

Nayah:

honerico how you doin'?? just let the pageant happening and then we'll see we never know maybe Miss Naija would be ahead ,

In her dreams, except if the judges are replaced with the Nigerian judges angry grin
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by philip0906(m): 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2010
honeric01:

btw, how u dey? tongue

In her dreams, except if the judges are replaced with the Nigerian judges angry grin
i dey like dele giwa. . .how ur side? wink
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by honeric01(m): 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2010
Nayah:

u resemble person wey i know lipsrsealed

Bonjour grin

philip0906:

i dey like dele giwa. . .how your side? wink
Man dey dull for here oo sad
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nayah(f): 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2010
Hey Honorico I've been in this forum just for few month now but i've learn about the fact you borthers are sometimes really tough when it comes to beauty or beauty contest and especially when they are africans lol but you know beauty is not everything I mean physical one even though society wants to show the contrary, this Miss is not like an african mask she's just common for the pageant maybe nigerian jugdes have seen something great on her I mean inside, think about that
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nayah(f): 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2010
lol bonjour Honerico I look like someone you know?? really? great who's that
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by THEAMAKA(f): 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2010
otumfour:

MISS GHANA IS TOO FINE, DAMN!!!!!!! shocked shocked TYPICAL ASHANTI BEAUTY grin
tomorrow you will be saying im a tribalist because I'm proud to be an Igbo.
okay. lemme quote that, just incase.

[size=20pt]@PEOPLE
EZE UCHE HAS ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT HE THOUGHT THE FIRST GIRL IN THE PICTURE WITH NIGERIA WAS THE GHANAIAN, NOT THE ONE WHEN YOU SCROLL DOWN. LET IT DIE!
[/size]

@concrete
by force to keep comparing? DAMN! these are the type of people that make it seem like we feel a complex towards Ghana. lets leave them to compare themselves with us, not the other way around.
abeg.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by honeric01(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2010
Nayah:

Hey Honorico I've been in this forum just for few month now but i've learn about the fact you borthers are sometimes really tough when it comes to beauty or beauty contest and especially when they are africans lol but you know beauty is not everything I mean physical one even though society wants to show the contrary, this Miss is not like an african mask she's just common for the pageant maybe nigerian jugdes have seen something great on her I mean inside, think about that
Girl, believe me i don't concentrate on outward beauty only, but the fact is that your outward beauty alone is enough for people to judge you, alot of people won't wait to hear you speak before you are rated.
One more thing, i don't think she's got the brains that others don't have, i suspect foul play somewhere.

Nayah:

lol bonjour Honerico I look like someone you know?? really? great who's that

Yea, well she's an actress (Joke Silva) you both look alike and i like her kinda beauty, not the Aggy type of beauty and it's very rare and uncommon.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Joseph6(m): 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2010
as for me i think the REAL miss ghana is a hottie in every way but missuniverse is jst not abt being a alone and look at her nice rack and heavy behind. . . . . . .miss nigeria has a better chance than the confirmed hottie(miss ghana) i tell u miss ghana looks ltk sum1 dey cut out of a relaxer product. she's so high on character and she's way too hot 2 even be in a contest lyk dis. miss universe is supposed to have this well defined but not overly showy(attitide-ish) full eye candy figure!.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by DeepSoul(f): 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2010
This Miss Nigeria sef, she's supposed to feel bad and should have rejected the title! Ahn ahn! grin
Infact I don vex. I go apply next year angry
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by honeric01(m): 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2010
Deep Soul:

This Miss Nigeria sef, she's supposed to feel bad and should have rejected the title! Ahn ahn! grin
Infact I don vex. I go apply next year angry

Hehehehe, i will vote for you, don't worry grin
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2010

I thought she was Ethiopian? undecided
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by THEAMAKA(f): 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2010
she is.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2010
I swaer, am pissed. why aint this beauty our miss Nigeria-Universe? Some Nigerians just dont like Nigeria at all  undecided

Ronke Shonibare
[/img]
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 14, 2010
THE AMAKA:

she is.

Ok, because ppl keep claiming she's Nigerian
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by THEAMAKA(f): 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ok, because ppl keep claiming she's Nigerian
lol, whoever made the website made a mistake.
and minus that last picture (that makeup is atrocious) the other girls are REAL beauties.
if the Hausa-Fulani weren't so conservative, they would be a good representation for us. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Looking At Biodun Okeowo's Backside On Set (Photo) / Meet Curvy Tanzanian Model, Sanchoka (Photos) / Evgenia Smirnova Falls 80ft To Death From Apartment During 'Sex Party' In Thai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.