Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga (1749 Views)

Breaking: Gunmen Kill Senator Na Allah ‘s Son, Steal His Vehicle / Take A Look At The Names Of Top NNPC Executives - South Na MUMU / See N75m Hospital That Was Abandoned By Senator Bala Na' Allah In Kebbi. (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by eyeview: 9:44am On Jan 15, 2019
Na-Allah Mohammed Zagga wrote

UNPOPULAR POST

I won't support injustice because it favours me at the expense of others. A southerner should have been appointed to replace the former IGP Idris Ibrahim. Instead another northerner Abubakar Adamu was appointed to replace him. This is another wrong move that portrays the government as arrogant and insensitive to well-meaning public opinion.

When Osinbajo served as Acting President in August, he appointed a southerner, Mathew Seiyeifa as Acting DG of DSS to replace Lawal Daura. But when Buhari returned to Nigeria after a hospital stay in London, he reversed Osinbajo's appointment. He removed the Niger Delta man Mathew Seiyeifa and appointed another northerner Yusuf Bichi to head the DSS as substantive DG.

Instead of being worried, many northerners were defending the President. They argued that Seiyeifa's retirement was already due and, therefore, there was no point appointing him as substantive DG of DSS. But they saw nothing wrong with bringing Daura and Bichi out of retirement to give them such top appointments.

The vacancies at DSS and the Police Force provided President Buhari the opportunity to correct his mistakes over the lopsided security appointments. The appointment of another northerner as IGP doesn't help Buhari's public perception. He once again portrays himself as being stubbornly insensitive to our ethnic diversity. Integrity must be synonymous with justness and fair treatment of others. Democracy may be a game of numbers, but equity is the soul of democracy.

In case you missed the point, take a look at the following lopsided security appointments:

1. Chief of Army Staff, Northerner
2. National Security Adviser, Northerner
3. Minister of Defense, Northerner
4. Chief of Air Staff, Northerner
5. IGP, northerner
6. DSS DG, Northerner
7. Comptroller General Customs Service, Northerner
8. Director General NIA, Northerner
9. Comptroller General of Immigration, Northerner
10. Comptroller General Civil Defence, Northerner
11. Minister of Internal Affairs, Northerner

I will never support injustice because it endangers me. It could make me a future victim at the hands of a southern President. There is a danger in setting a precedent. One of the ingredients of integrity is humility and the ability to accept and correct one's mistakes. Perceived infallibility is not and has never been listed among the virtues of integrity. People can forgive you for making a mistake, but consciously repeating the same mistakes robs you of public sympathy.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Ararume2: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2019
It is well. It's only a matter of time before the table suddenly turns. Patience my people! Patience!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:01am On Jan 15, 2019
And the foolish, slave and coward Yorubas claiming maturity want everybody not to talk about it.
Hell No! Everybody is not a coward.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by TimFisher2: 10:05am On Jan 15, 2019
undecided

Na Allah Mohammad Zagga...don't waste your saliva!

NORTHampton FC as usual

We don't have any problem with that,we re used to it!

1 Like

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Bonnywest: 10:05am On Jan 15, 2019
Even if it's a president from south, He'll still appoint a northerner as if we r all living in Nigeria to please the north. We fear north, when the Holy books have admonished us to fear not!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by hucienda: 10:08am On Jan 15, 2019
... It could make me a future victim at the hands of a southern President ...

7 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Rogersmith(m): 10:13am On Jan 15, 2019
Ararume2:
It is well. It's only a matter of time before the table suddenly turns. Patience my people! Patience!!
Buhari is causing future obstacles for the north but he doesn’t know yet.Posterity shall be the Judge.

12 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by olaric(m): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2019
Buhari is not only insensitive, but arrogant as well. The incurable tribalist will never see anything wrong in what he is doing. Sadly, he has started laying the foundation through which a future southern president will followo build upon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Modarun(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2019
The Yuruba sophisticated thugs and Agbero wannabes wont dare come here. Here is a sensable Northerner point out the danger of Buharis continued presidency. Now your are enjoying injustice. but foolishly forgot it wont be thesame forever. We have not yet gotten out of all the negative precedence set by Obasanjo, eg the use of Ecological funds and Security votes to fund parties, pocketibg of the legiskative arm and inducements.
Buhari and his Marauders have now taken it a nitch higher, its now okey to appoint your relatives to precide over an election you are contesting in, its now okey to appoont oy your tribal people in the name of working with only those you know. I hope when this spoon the Buhari and Tinubu camp are using to feed Nigerians are used to feed the South west they will not start calling for Oduduwa republic?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by OlufemiAbbey(m): 10:22am On Jan 15, 2019
Truth.

4 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Olatunji1929: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2019
TimFisher2:
undecided
Na Allah Mohammad Zagga...don't waste your saliva!
NORTHampton FC as usual
We don't have any problem with that,we re used to it!
oya bet9ja general manager i hail o
Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by TimFisher2: 10:31am On Jan 15, 2019
Olatunji1929:
oya bet9ja general manager i hail o

Better than skull mining and pussay excavating

Fallen demon from brown roof!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by NothingDoMe: 10:37am On Jan 15, 2019
Ararume2:
Exactly! I just hope that the next president Will restructure and put an end to this madness.

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2019
The North needs to stand strong against Buhari's nepotism..

When the reverse is the case, the accusations would be baseless, it is setting a dangerous precedent on dictatorial nepotic appointments and the response to opposing voices then would be....

"What did you say when Buhari made same"

10 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by snowball11(m): 11:05am On Jan 15, 2019
I think the attention of the office of The Mesuya-General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria () is needed to clarify us on this pressing issue! grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by dokie: 11:12am On Jan 15, 2019
Ararume2:

True.

Buhari is a vivid example of how not to be a leader of a diver diverse people. His stay has only reinforced the fact that we can never be a nation. And if we can't be one nation, division is inevitable.

Buhari is a terrible personality.

3 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by sogodihno: 11:26am On Jan 15, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
And the foolish, slave and coward Yorubas claiming maturity want everybody not to talk about it.
Hell No! Everybody is not a coward.
Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by damola311: 11:41am On Jan 15, 2019
grin grin grin

That's the country we are in

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by greatdreamer(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2019
And some stupid southerners are vigorously campaigning for this old lifeless and unrepentant bigot.

Next level go bad pass

Say no to next level
Be Atikulatted

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by RTSC: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2019
sogodihno:

you are foolish, who are the slaves, what about those that leave their Biafra agitation to lick Atiku yansh, what about the one that run to ivory coast many years ago and leave his people to die and killed like animal, what about the barking dog in israel now attacking Nigeria and asking his deluded member to disrupt election, why he is under his wife skirt in far away Israel.

We have popular activist in Nigeria, that are yorubas starting from
Fela
Soyinka
Gani Fawemi
etc

Pls, mention activist in ur barren land, that no one get successful in it until he leave and go to the north or SW.

Fools.

And to all the Atiku slaves that will quote me, know that yorubas thrive in Opposition we dont cry like those that play politics with their emotion always crying like a baby. Politics is a game of interest and we will protect our interest if he doesn't please you go and kill urself.

SW we vote for Buhari and their is nothing any baga can do about it, your crying and wailing won't change anything.
we can't leave Osinbajo to vote for Atiku and Obigotry.

PMB till 2023
Starboy till 2031.

Dont bother quoting me, start looking for away to escape Nigeria or resume your Biafra agitation because their is no way Atiku is smelling that Aso rock.
If you think osibanjo is ever becoming president, then your optimism is strong.

And thankfully, buhari is further sealing your fates for 2023.

Let me see where osibanjo will get his votes from.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by NigeriaIsDoomed: 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
You ended up proving me right. Kudos slaves grin
Another word for slaves is captured below grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Pusyiter(m): 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
This is the beauty of the whole thing.
We should stop blaming Buhari....a Northerner has an agenda and that it to promote the North in every capacity.
My anger is, a Southerner always feel different.
Once a Southerner becomes President, he would appoint the same Northerner
Can't we Southerners learn for once?
Well, lets allow the North the remaining four years so as to allow the South produce its President.
If a southerner comes on board and not do worse in appointing more southerners in sensitive position in Nigeria,
THUNDER GO FIRE THAT PERSON (PRESIDENT)

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by lottomkyes200: 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
eyeview:
Na-Allah Mohammed Zagga wrote

UNPOPULAR POST

I won't support injustice because it favours me at the expense of others. A southerner should have been appointed to replace the former IGP Idris Ibrahim. Instead another northerner Abubakar Adamu was appointed to replace him. This is another wrong move that portrays the government as arrogant and insensitive to well-meaning public opinion.

When Osinbajo served as Acting President in August, he appointed a southerner, Mathew Seiyeifa as Acting DG of DSS to replace Lawal Daura. But when Buhari returned to Nigeria after a hospital stay in London, he reversed Osinbajo's appointment. He removed the Niger Delta man Mathew Seiyeifa and appointed another northerner Yusuf Bichi to head the DSS as substantive DG.

Instead of being worried, many northerners were defending the President. They argued that Seiyeifa's retirement was already due and, therefore, there was no point appointing him as substantive DG of DSS. But they saw nothing wrong with bringing Daura and Bichi out of retirement to give them such top appointments.

The vacancies at DSS and the Police Force provided President Buhari the opportunity to correct his mistakes over the lopsided security appointments. The appointment of another northerner as IGP doesn't help Buhari's public perception. He once again portrays himself as being stubbornly insensitive to our ethnic diversity. Integrity must be synonymous with justness and fair treatment of others. Democracy may be a game of numbers, but equity is the soul of democracy.

In case you missed the point, take a look at the following lopsided security appointments:

1. Chief of Army Staff, Northerner
2. National Security Adviser, Northerner
3. Minister of Defense, Northerner
4. Chief of Air Staff, Northerner
5. IGP, northerner
6. DSS DG, Northerner
7. Comptroller General Customs Service, Northerner
8. Director General NIA, Northerner
9. Comptroller General of Immigration, Northerner
10. Comptroller General Civil Defence, Northerner
11. Minister of Internal Affairs, Northerner

I will never support injustice because it endangers me. It could make me a future victim at the hands of a southern President. There is a danger in setting a precedent. One of the ingredients of integrity is humility and the ability to accept and correct one's mistakes. Perceived infallibility is not and has never been listed among the virtues of integrity. People can forgive you for making a mistake, but consciously repeating the same mistakes robs you of public sympathy.
You just see North but which religion?
Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Asshurbanipal: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Afonja cowardly slaves are happy. They expect 2023 as a reward from the north for their slavery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by desmond2pk: 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2019
This is bad
Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
by February Nigerians will teach Buhari big lesson so that other nepotistic people will learn from.
Re: Appointment Of Northern IG,another Injustice On South- Na-allah Mohammed Zagga by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2019
God will rid Nigeria of evil apc party.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!!!! Sen. Ohuabunwa On The Run After Failed Attempt To Snatch INEC Sensi / APGA Won Zamfara Governorship Election / Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Nwosu Wins In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.