Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003 (1522 Views)

My Dashboard Displays "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" / The Need To Have A Tyre Pressure Guage / Difference Between Honda Accord (eod) 2003, 2004 & 2005 Models. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003 by badboy: 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2010
Hello People!

Please I need advice. The gauges on my dashboard just stopped working after a carwash. It was working immediately after the wash. I drove to a shopping mall,parked to buy somethings and noticed that after restarting,the reserve light on the fuel gauge was on and I had fuel in the tank. As I drove off, I observed that all the dash gauges with dials were not functioning- the temperature gauge,fuel gauge,speedometer clock and the gauge that measures revs per minute. All other things are working. A scan was carried out with Autoboss V30 and it is either it wasn't diagnosed by the machine or the technician did not know how to use the scanner. Presently, I am being told different stories as to the solution. Some say I should change the speedometer clock, others say I should change the brainbox. Has anyone experienced this issue? I would appreciate all "fully informed" info/advice on this issue. Thank you.
Re: Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003 by KunleA2(m): 2:00am On Aug 13, 2010
There is usually (in most cases, not 100% sure on EOD) a fuse that controls the guages for most cars. That might be the problem that explains why all of them stop working all of a sudden.

Check the fuse box, and make sure that all the fuses are good. Something like that will not show up in scanning.

Good luck. Happy Motoring.
Re: Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003 by badboy: 12:12am On Aug 14, 2010
Thanks bro. I will do a re-check on the fuses personally. My technicians say they checked them all and all the fuses were in order.
Re: Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003 by ikeyman00(m): 2:15am On Aug 14, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ignition switch??

via the brushes?

kule wat do u think
Re: Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003 by KunleA2(m): 4:38am On Aug 14, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ignition switch??

via the brushes?

kule wat do u think

That's why i am a little confused. Its not just the ignition here but the gauges etc. Since we really don't know the full history of the car (If there has been prior electrical issues before current owner).

I will start with the obvious and cheapest, the fuses and take it from there.
Re: Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003 by badboy: 11:36pm On Aug 15, 2010
Thanks guys for the suggestions so far. The fuses all seem to be intact yet the problem persists. Meanwhile, I also noticed that the dash indicator that shows when and which doors are open indicates that some doors are open when the doors are properly closed. Sometimes it indicates 3 doors are open,sometimes it shows only one is open. Also , my mileage reading has dissapeared. It just shows Trip A and Trip B,with the other digits blank. Is it possisible that water got into some electrical wiring in the engine compartment causing a circuit malfunction or something?

@ Kunle,the car was accidented in The States and fixed by the first owner. Unfortunately,I got to know about this after I bought it. I havent had any electrical issues with the car till this point though,
Re: Advice Needed On Dashboard Guage Issue! Eod, 2003 by goggs(m): 12:33am On Aug 16, 2010
sorry dude. Had a similar problem, though mine was with a baby boy. I was really confused until a smart mech discovered a sensor cable behind the injector assembly unplugged. With that fixed the car was back to its old self. Dunno what the sensor does, but the mech didnt ask for anything, my thanks were enough.

Hope it helps

(1) (Reply)

Camry Problem; Help! / Terrible Accident / Other types of Gear Boxes you Should Know About.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.