Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers (11780 Views)

Buhari Shakes Saraki At Armed Forces Remembrance. Caption The Look On Osinbajo / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / 2019 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration From Across Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by AutoReportNG: 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2019
This is not about APC or PDP, this about our gallant soldiers, police, Naval officers, Air Force men and women who have sacrificed their lives in the struggle to make Nigeria great and one...

We go first...

They gave their all in order to make us sleep with our eyes close, they left their family, their comfort zone, their luxury and sojourn to the bush, some died in the process, some remained condemned to wheelchairs for life, some women have become widows, some children have become orphans because of the great sacrifices their parents gave to the nation.

We can not thank you enough even though the nation neglected you, they disappoint you when you need us most but we still want to say thank you for all the commitments, for the battles you have won, for those you were defeated on, for the tears, pains, agony, for the victories, we want to thank you.

From AutoReportNG.com, we wish you A Happy #ArmedForcesRemembranceDay

[img]https://3.bp..com/-wVVriA74urA/XD3sHHfJL6I/AAAAAAAAXUk/z2FL3GkcDocAgf6mnvjcexx8IeYdZW_zQCEwYBhgL/s1600/Dw7yCZYX0AA88Eu.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-wMe6eZcr0Mo/XD30gN8qHpI/AAAAAAAAXVA/yJjV5vBkl9cz40euCwTsH65wYKIxNHteQCLcBGAs/s1600/Arm_Forces_Day_003_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-WWWtxFkZaqY/XD30gIaC78I/AAAAAAAAXU8/sF8EdQMRI_4Ow91IQMYuLAssGzzOqQkoQCLcBGAs/s1600/Arm_Forces_Day_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-KRen_xe92gM/XD30jfN030I/AAAAAAAAXVQ/crv9rFfSQMEFtzCjDDK5T_7wMkBe8uYTwCLcBGAs/s1600/Arm_Forces_Day_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-XhQfLKq7me4/XD30kIDrM0I/AAAAAAAAXVY/noZhJ2GN_OcaKhH5F0vuUwA_fNA_p5p6gCLcBGAs/s1600/Arm_Forces_Day_008_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-p3X23rOqpA8/XD30myZYcPI/AAAAAAAAXVk/XtHzXn9apHUeqRaBL43SYyxr2P6g-qFfACLcBGAs/s1600/Arm_Forces_Day_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/01/happy-armedforcesremembranceday.html

5 Likes

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by AutoReportNG: 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
To all families who have lost a friend, brother, husband, wife and all those who mourn, may God console and wipe all your tears...

Thank you for your selfless service to Nigeria.

See more of their galant pictures here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/01/happy-armedforcesremembranceday.html

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by Racoon(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
Rest on to the departed.For those who still have their boots still on, please find faith & courage in the God you've ever believed in as you serve Nigeria.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2019
Rubbish you useless cows sacrificing your lives under the dullard government.... Go and meet baba God over there and be judged for all the deeds you have done upon we civilians
#Armedforcesreme!branceday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by Truckpusher(m): 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
The Nigerian Army has killed more innocent law abiding citizens more than they have killed enemy combatants in any known battle.

The Nigerian army has no dignity and do not command any respect except with the use of brute force.

Today more Nigerians are rising up in the form of Boko Haram and all known militia group to fight their own military men and women and this is because they have failed in their primary assignments to protect the people - Instead they have become the murderer of the very people they are suppose to be protecting.

It is really the shame of a nation.

The soul of every fallen Nigerian military personnel will never rest in peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by frankfrancis871: 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
sad

I have an insatiable and strong detest for the Nigeria military, they can't fight insurgency yet very good at killing unarmed civilians!

Infact if the pope was an hypocritical Nigerian soldier, I'd wish him dead.

May hypocritical ones die shamefully!

2 Likes

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by saymax(f): 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2019
My Love, my sweet heart, soul mate friend big brother, teacher, instructor, (Yabbist grin), hmmmm. As you go to join the fight in subduing terror and bringing peace to our great Nation, May the Almighty God keep you safe. Your enemies shall not see you nor come near your dwelling place. May your thoughts and prayers always be towards The Almighty God. He will save guard and protect you always and forever. Ameen.

11 Likes

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by Davidfash10000: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
wink
Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by Lizilicious(f): 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
I celebrate you today dad..

R.i.p though

9 Likes

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by lankka: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
I remember especially our gallant men wasted in sambisa...

4 Likes

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by IjebuWarrior: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2019
Long Live the Nigeria Armed Force! cool

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by ct2: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2019
Truckpusher:
The Nigerian Army has killed more innocent law abiding citizens more than they have killed enemy combatants in any known battle.

The Nigerian army has no dignity and do not command any respect except with the use of brute force.

Today more Nigerians are rising up in the form of Boko Haram and all known militia group to fight their own military men and women and this is because they have failed in their primary assignments to protect the people - Instead they have become the murderer of the very people they are suppose to be protecting.

this one na ipob pigs , go disturb their soul if it's rest in peace

7 Likes

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by Grande007: 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2019
Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by frankman365(m): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2019
To my brothers and friends in the military, I say may the Good Lord continue to guide and protect you as you defend your beloved country Nigeria.

And to the departed, may your gentle soul rest in peace. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by naptu2: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2019
I wrote about this in 2012 and then again a few weeks ago.

This is one of the reasons that I'm grsteful to the Armed Forces.

naptu2:
It appears that some Nigerians do not realise that the main reason that we are alive and free from harassment by Boko Haram and ISWAP is the military.

I stated this on Nairaland in 2012 and it is true today as it was then: Boko Haram is not interested in Nigerian politics or whether Jonathan or Buhari is president. They are not trying to secede from Nigeria and create a muslim state in northern Nigeria. Their goal is to capture the whole of West Africa (including southern Nigeria) and make it a part of their dream global islamic caliphate. They will kill Christians, Muslims, Traditional Religionists, Atheists and any one that stands in their way.

The only reason that they are not operating in Lagos, Enugu, Calabar, Ibadan, etc. is the Nigerian military. (They have detonated a car bomb in Lagos in the past).

And from 2012.

naptu2:
I've said this before and I'll say it again, we need to be wary of wrong diagnosis. If a man has typhoid and you administer malaria treatment on him, he could die before you know what's going on.

Boko Haram has splintered into many factions. You have the political element (thugs used by politicians to carry out their dirty deeds), you have the common criminals, you have the Yusuf faction and you have the Al-Qaeda faction.

To be fair, Shehu Sanni may mean well, but his claims are exaggerated. He may be in touch with one faction, but it is certainly not the Al-Qaeda faction, which is the most dangerous faction.

The Al-Qaeda faction is not interested in negotiation. They did not spring up because of President Jonathan, neither are they interested in petty politics. They have just one aim, which is to spread their brand of Islam across Nigeria.

Let me make this clear, they are not just interested in taking over Northern Nigeria, they want to take over the whole country and then spread across West Africa and they will kill anyone who opposes them, including Buhari, the Sultan, Babangida or whoever.

The sooner we put aside our differences and realise that Boko Haram is a threat to all Nigerians, the better for us.

We need to reactivate Ecomog and incorporate Cameroun into the group. We need to have troops in Niger, Chad and northern Cameroun, to prevent those places being used as safe havens by Al-Qaeda affiliated groups. The NIA must be more active. Why haven't they arrested the former Mauritanian president that is backing Boko Haram? We need NIA agents across West Africa to monitor and deal with Boko Haram sympathisers.

If we keep going on about our domestic problems and are not united in confronting this problem, then we might just be administering quinine to a typhoid patient and you know what the result will be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by planetx: 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2019
The average Nigerian soldier is a cowardly bully, go to other countries and see how soldiers behave with discipline and professionalism.

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by Crystalclara(f): 5:18pm On Jan 15, 2019
May the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace...... Amen

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by Treasure17(m): 5:18pm On Jan 15, 2019
Truckpusher:

You don't need to remind us of their shortcomings. We all have a fair idea about that. Show some respect to those who have lost their lives while protecting this country. For you to type all these nauseating statements shows their is relative peace within your locality.

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by abeggnow: 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2019
Truckpusher:

You are a bastard hence your write up. May all your dead realations and familly line never know know peace.they will search for peace indefinately but will never have it. Bastard

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by kennyjam: 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2019
God bless them and keep helping them in fighting only the good course

To those that have lost their loved ones, may God comfort you.

God help us to select the good leaders come next month and let Your will be done

8 Likes

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by abeggnow: 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2019
planetx:
The average Nigerian soldier is a cowardly bully, go to other countries and see how soldiers behave with discipline and professionalism.
the army of a country reflects the citezen of the country.Go to bornu and stay for a day. Internet warior.

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by papiwyte(m): 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2019
God bless our Army......

Buhari 2019

4+4

1 Like

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by femmy2010(m): 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
God bless our men and women of the Nigerian Armed Forces

4 Likes

Re: Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Celebrating Nigerian Soldiers by DexterousOne(m): 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2019
Truckpusher:

so my grand father will not rest in peace?

After serving this country?

It's your wretched mother that will die a painful death and rest in pieces

you open your mouth and talk because you don't have relatives who served the country

Nigeria DOES NOT respect anything (including the soldiers)

onye ara

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ortom Doesn’t Have The Electoral Mileage To Distort Atiku’s Victory - Kazeem / President Tinubu Approves Immediate Upgrade Of Key Health Infrastructure / Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.