Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,604 members, 7,955,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 (1221 Views)

ISIS Blew Up An Innocent 4 Year-old Child / Chris Ngige's Visit To Abia State (Photos) / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by bkbabe97y(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2010
4-Year-old boy abducted in Lagos, sold for N500,000 • Crack team busts crime, rescues child in Umuahia • I’m grateful to police – Mother
By CHRIS ANUCHA

Thursday, August 12, 2010
The joy of Mrs. Bisi Okebanjo knew no bounds recently as she rolled on the floor, showing gratitude to policemen at the Special Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos, for finding her four-years-old boy, who was stolen on July 5, 2010. The boy was said to have been found in Umuahia, Abia State, where he was sold for N500,000.

Suspect

advertisement

The elated woman was particularly grateful to officers and men of the anti-human trafficking section, who she said, did a great job.

“I thank you o, God will bless you o for finding my son. I’m grateful to all of you, your own son will not be stolen o,” she began.

Mrs. Okebanjo, a trader at Lawanson, Lagos metropolis narrated to Daily Sun how her only child, Henry, who was born on July 20, 2006, was allegedly stolen by a lady she identified as , (name withheld by us). The suspect was introduced to her by one Kingsley for employment.

She narrated how Kingsley introduced the lady, a native of Oguta, Imo State, to her to work in her canteen, unknown to her that the lady would later develop a sinister motive. When Kingsley told her the kind of job Mrs. Okebanjo wanted to offer her, she told her she preferred being a househelp to working as an attendant in a restaurant.

“Kingsley and I were traders at the Tejuosho market, Yaba, before it was destroyed by fire. Before that July 5, 2010 incident, he brought the suspect to me, he had been promising to bring someone to assist me in running my canteen,” she said.

She explained that after discussing with her, she took the accused to someone, who bargained to pay her N300 daily. But she(the accused) insisted on N500. “I relied so much on Kingsley, but when the accused left my house, he rushed out to see her and I didn’t know what they discussed.” She also told how the accused borrowed films on kidnapping in their neighbourhood and later informed her that she wanted to rent a room at Ijora after five days.

“I was surprised because I was wondering how she raised the money to rent a room. She came to my house one day and as she was about to go, Henry started crying. The next time she came, Henry rushed to her and I told her to go inside the room and wait for me,” she said. It was when the accused and the little boy were in the room while his mother was outside, playing Ludo game that she took away the boy, avoiding where the mother and others were sitting.

Mrs. Okebanjo told Daily Sun how she was devastated when she came to the room without seeing the lady and her only child. “I called her phone number and it was switched off. I called Kingsley’s phone number to complain to him that the lady he introduced to me had stolen my child and he asked me to come to his house.” Mrs. Okebanjo explained that when she went to Kingsley’s house, she saw another girl and not the suspect. To worsen matters, Kingsley informed her that he only met the suspect in a hotel in Lagos, adding that she was a woman of easy virtue.

The case was first reported at Itire police station, but they were referred to SCID, Panti. After the matter was reported at Panti, detectives at the anti-human trafficking section, under the leadership of Ellen Awaje, a Superintendent of Police (SP), swung into action.

An elated Okebanjo said: “Please thank Inspector Tajudeen Lasis, Sergeant Shola Folarinmi, Ilesanmi Mopelola, Sergeant Risi Salami, for finding my lost only child. I am grateful to the police. The boy was stolen on July 5 and found on August, 2010, exactly a month after he was separated from his mother. Daily Sun gathered that the suspect is still being detained at Panti, while investigation is still going on.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/aug/12/502.html
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by iswell1(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2010
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by komando: 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2010
Eiya! Nobody fell for the tribalistic bait. Must be very frustrating for someone.
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2010
a 4 year old to assist in running a canteen? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by komando: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2010
This story shows that mothers should be careful whom they entrust with their kids. This sought of thing happens all over Lagos.
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2010
Igbo Kwenu!!!
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2010
ziddy:

Igbo Kwenu!!!
abi o. . .Abinibi yato si ability.ibo are always representing. .from ABA to lagos to ogun to ibadan to india to malaysia. .ibo kwenu
komando:

This story shows that mothers should be careful whom they entrust with their kids. This sought of thing happens all over Lagos.
The story teaches us never to entrust our kids to ibo as they risk being kidnapped.QED
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by komando: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
Bluetooth are you bkbabe's new spokesperson? Or are you merely
'positioning' yourself?
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2010
How ? Lol
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by OgidiBoy(m): 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2010
komando:

Eiya! Nobody fell for the tribalistic bait. Must be very frustrating for someone.

Don't be so sure ooo wait a few more hours for his tribalistic brothers to see the Igbo name on the thread, and you'll see them. grin
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 14, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Don't be so sure ooo wait a few more hours for his tribalistic brothers to see the Igbo name on the thread, and you'll see them. grin

Bogeyman! bogeyman!! bogeyman!!!.

Is that OgidiBoy under his bed? grin grin grin grin
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by bkbabe97y(m): 6:46am On Aug 14, 2010
Ibos! Lol. Wut more can I say?
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by saintneo(m): 6:48am On Aug 14, 2010
[size=28pt]for over 12hours this post went unnoticed.

shame! cool
[/size]
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by bkbabe97y(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2010
saintneo:

[size=28pt]for over 12hours this post went unnoticed. 

shame! cool
[/size]

TYPICAL IBO; TWIST THE TRUTH AT ALL COSTS: THIS POST DID NOT GO UNNOTICED! YOU BIAFRANS, AS USUAL, SNITCHED TO THE MODERATOR AND HAD THIS THREAD LOCKED AND THE TITLE MODIFIED! ORIGINAL TITLE: INNOCENT YORUBA BOY STOLEN BY IBOS TO EASTERN NIGERIA (or something of that nature)!
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by komando: 9:46am On Aug 14, 2010
For twelve hours this thread went unnoticed.
Bk is fast running out of steam:kudos to the anti tribalists.
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by komando: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2010
@Aigbofa
You refering to "brooklins finest" as a bogeyman? Hola! But leave Ogidiboy out of it. Ps: what do you think of word Ogre in brooklin??
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by Oba234: 2:10pm On Aug 14, 2010
wow, I am glad she found her son. people are so evil.
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by komando: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2010
Yes, and evil permeates every ethnic group: as they say, out of every twelve their must be a Judas.
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by bkbabe97y(m): 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2010
komando:

For twelve hours this thread went unnoticed.
Bk is fast running out of steam:kudos to the anti tribalists.

Another Ibo, I presume! Dude, I pop in here once every 2-3 days or there about and once I'm in Ibos are on me like bees to honey, thats how much yall love my brand of assault, molestation and abuse! For your info (and I'm sure u know this already) less than 10 minutes after I put this on with its "original title" there was 93 views. . . . My wild guess is they were all Ibos, seeing as they sneaked into the thread (like the thieves and kidnappers they naturally are) and hauled ass, only to be never heard from again! Theres no problem if yall could try to keep ur kidnapping fingers (and tendencies) to/within your Ibo clan. Thanx in advance!
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by komando: 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2010
Another Ibo, I presume! Dude, I pop in here once every 2-3 days or there about and once I'm in Ibos are on me like bees to honey, thats how much yall love my brand of assault, molestation and abuse! For your info (and I'm sure u know this already) less than 10 minutes after I put this on with its "original title" there was 93 views. . . . My wild guess is they were all Ibos, seeing as they sneaked into the thread (like the thieves and kidnappers they naturally are) and hauled backside, only to be never heard from again! Theres no problem if yall could try to keep your kidnapping fingers (and tendencies) to/within your Ibo clan. Thanx in advance!

Accept that you are running out of steam you freaking tribalist. What does your artificialy inseminated daughter think of your putrifying posts? News flash.she came from an Igbo dude.so go hang. Freak!
Re: Innocent 4-Year-old boy Abducted From Lagos to Abia State, Sold for N500,000 by shotster50(m): 12:46am On Aug 15, 2010
It becomes really silly and childish when after every post we have to blame a whole tribe or region for whatever crime someone committed.

(1) (Reply)

Newspapers Summary For 15 Sep 10 / Fresh Crises Hit Rivers State - Lives Lost / How Can I Become A Pdp Delegate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.