Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Are Iphones Overrated? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Iphones Overrated? (12202 Views)

Here are iPhones that cost more than the iPhone 13 and other iPhones combined / Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. / Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Iphones Overrated? by mikeycharles(m): 5:41am On Jan 17, 2019
Are iPhones Overrated?

With the recent news of Apple losing over $60 billion within days, many tech experts have given their personal reviews on the actual worth of the iPhone. If you could remember when the iPhone Xs was launched, many reviewers and users commented about the outrageous prices at which the phones are being sold for considering the actual amount that goes into the production of the iPhone. Some have even noted that the liquid retina display the Xs sports is just another gimmick that is not worth the hype, has the iPhone become of a luxury than an actual device, most celebrities solely make use of the iPhone which has reinforced the idea that the phone is a sign of wealth and fame.

With all these said, why are Apple still selling if their products are "overrated", well it all boils down to quality and aesthetics. The iPhone lasts for a very long time in terms of durability and industrial standards, many have used a particular iPhone for over three years and they still make use of it; this can't be said the same for other smartphone brands.

Apple has always focused on innovations and the constant improvements of their devices, they are premium and you feel it when you hold it and that's why they lead the pack. If you could recall they previously made use of the A5 which was manufactured by Samsung but later decided to produce their own. Some other brands have gone to great length to copy its shape and even its OS.

Their cameras cannot be compared to any other, the iPhone 6 plus which was released over 3 years ago can go toe to toe with most phones released in 2019 (undisputed facts). The recently released Xs have taken some astonishing photos that many could easily confuse as that taken by a DSLR camera. Despite having "low" numbers of megapixels and info about their cameras the iPhone has outdone phones with 48 megapixels.

The iPhone's software is clean and one of the most secure on the planet, you hardly hear of a virus attack or any sort of vulnerability since their ecosystem is mostly run via cloud which helps to prevent hackers. There are some phones that can be easily stolen, unlocked and resold in the market but not the iPhone.
Their processing speed is lightening fast and is sometimes used as a benchmark for other devices, they handle task easily and allow for multitasking that have continued to amaze experts since most of their phones don't come packed with 6gb ram or more.
I don't see the phone as being overrated but a premium device that can handle and manage tasks easily compared to most devices out there in the market but I sometimes see them as pricey but is it worth it? YES, definitely!

8 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by weyreypey: 5:45am On Jan 17, 2019
Put the source.

7 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by khalhokage(m): 6:10am On Jan 17, 2019
iPhone pros and cons

Pros: Good build quality
Smooth easy to use OS
Great performance
Premium design
Long term support

Cons: Overpriced
Extremely low repairability
Restrictive $ limited OS
Restrictive accessory set
Behind the curve on innovation most of the time
Overpriced accessories
Some of its software even sleek still lags behind the competition in functionality and feature sets.

mikeycharles you'll notice that i didn't include the camera in either the pros or cons, that's because the iPhone has a perfectly good camera but it's not the best smartphone camera by any chance, if you follow the news, reviews and comparisons you'll know that the Google pixel 3 is the current camera king, followed by the Huawei Mate 20 pro, the Samsung Galaxy S9, Note 9 and the new iPhones are the ones fighting for 3rd place.

Simply put, if camera quality is a person's priority then they won't be going for today's iPhones.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Abjay97(m): 6:38am On Jan 17, 2019
Its actually overrated

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Iphone5: 6:46am On Jan 17, 2019
Overrated NO
Overpriced YES

41 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by mikeycharles(m): 6:48am On Jan 17, 2019
weyreypey:
Put the source.
This is not copy and paste Sir, and I'm yet to upload it on my blog.

2 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by mikeycharles(m): 6:51am On Jan 17, 2019
khalhokage:
iPhone pros and cons

Pros: Good build quality
Smooth easy to use OS
Great performance
Premium design
Long term support

Cons: Overpriced
Extremely low repairability
Restrictive $ limited OS
Restrictive accessory set
Behind the curve on innovation most of the time
Overpriced accessories
Some of its software even sleek still lags behind the competition in functionality and feature sets.

mikeycharles you'll notice that i didn't include the camera in either the pros or cons, that's because the iPhone has a perfectly good camera but it's not the best smartphone camera by any chance, if you follow the news, reviews and comparisons you'll know that the Google pixel 3 is the current camera king, followed by the Huawei Mate 20 pro, the Samsung Galaxy S9, Note 9 and the new iPhones are the ones fighting for 3rd place.

Simply put, if camera quality is a person's priority then they won't be going for today's iPhones.
A very wonderful piece and I really love your deductions but I can't remember explicitly saying iPhone has the best camera, I believe it has one of the best; but if I did say that, then that must be a typo.

3 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by mikeycharles(m): 7:00am On Jan 17, 2019
khalhokage:
Google pixel 3 is the current camera king, followed by the Huawei Mate 20 pro, the Samsung Galaxy S9, Note 9 and the new iPhones are the ones fighting for 3rd place.

I'm surprised I didn't see that brand that begins with X and ends with an I. grin; D

2 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by khalhokage(m): 7:17am On Jan 17, 2019
mikeycharles:
I'm surprised I didn't see that brand that begins with X and ends with an I. grin; D

lol, The truth is the truth, Xiaomi isn't there at least not yet. You really hate Xiaomi Sha.

mikeycharles:
A very wonderful piece and I really love your deductions but I can't remember explicitly saying iPhone has the best camera, I believe it has one of the best; but if I did say that, then that must be a typo.

Yeah, you said "Their cameras cannot be compared to any other", it implied that they have the best cameras in the business.

6 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by mikeycharles(m): 7:21am On Jan 17, 2019
khalhokage:

The truth is the truth, Xiaomi isn't there at least not yet.

Yeah, you said "Their cameras cannot be compared to any other", it implied that they have the best cameras in the business.
I said what I said!
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by dewhaley: 7:33am On Jan 17, 2019
mikeycharles:
Are iPhones Overrated?
With the recent news of Apple losing over $60 billion within days, many tech experts have given their personal reviews on the actual worth of the iPhone. If you could remember when the iPhone Xs was launched, many reviewers and users commented about the outrageous prices at which the phones are being sold for considering the actual amount that goes into the production of the iPhone. Some have even noted that the liquid retina display the Xs sports is just another gimmick that is not worth the hype, has the iPhone become of a luxury than an actual device, most celebrities solely make use of the iPhone which has reinforced the idea that the phone is a sign of wealth and fame.
With all these said, why are Apple still selling if their products are "overrated", well it all boils down to quality and aesthetics. The iPhone lasts for a very long time in terms of durability and industrial standards, many have used a particular iPhone for over three years and they still make use of it; this can't be said the same for other smartphone brands.
Apple has always focused on innovations and the constant improvements of their devices, they are premium and you feel it when you hold it and that's why they lead the pack. If you could recall they previously made use of the A5 which was manufactured by Samsung but later decided to produce their own. Some other brands have gone to great length to copy its shape and even its OS.
Their cameras cannot be compared to any other, the iPhone 6 plus which was released over 3 years ago can go toe to toe with most phones released in 2019 (undisputed facts). The recently released Xs have taken some astonishing photos that many could easily confuse as that taken by a DSLR camera. Despite having "low" numbers of megapixels and info about their cameras the iPhone has outdone phones with 48 megapixels.
The iPhone's software is clean and one of the most secure on the planet, you hardly hear of a virus attack or any sort of vulnerability since their ecosystem is mostly run via cloud which helps to prevent hackers. There are some phones that can be easily stolen, unlocked and resold in the market but not the iPhone.
Their processing speed is lightening fast and is sometimes used as a benchmark for other devices, they handle task easily and allow for multitasking that have continued to amaze experts since most of their phones don't come packed with 6gb ram or more.
I don't see the phone as being overrated but a premium device that can handle and manage tasks easily compared to most devices out there in the market but I sometimes see them as pricey but is it worth it? YES, definitely!
IPhones aren't overrated, if not for Android's versatility and restrictions on the Ios, Iphones would have been 10/10...It is just slightly overpriced

5 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Ejebleje: 7:54am On Jan 17, 2019
Paying for the premium durable build the Iphone is noted for is a no brainer. But what I believe makes it expensive is the comparatively better software support and security; this may not be apparent to a lot of users.

I believe that a lot of mobiles manufactured today can match the iPhone for build quality, but software support? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Yale9(m): 8:43am On Jan 17, 2019
mikeycharles:
Twas so so implied

2 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by sway112: 8:52am On Jan 17, 2019
I disagree with the op... If you have used a Google pixel phone you would know that the iPhone camera is poo/rubbish.... Even guys using the Google pixel camera (gcam) on xiaomi phone can boast of better picture quality than iPhone

3 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2019
mikeycharles:
Are iPhones Overrated?
Am beginning to love iPhone they have Great Performance Overall
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 17, 2019
No, not at all
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 17, 2019
Op, who told iPhones cannot be hacked. Majority of the UK/US used iPhones are stolen phones.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5572255/amp/Nigerian-gangs-make-millions-phones-stolen-UK.html

1 Like

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by samuelchimmy(m): 9:56am On Jan 17, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Op, who told iPhones cannot be hacked. Majority of the UK/US used iPhones are stolen phones.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5572255/amp/Nigerian-gangs-make-millions-phones-stolen-UK.html
Try hacking an icloud locked iPhone..... My advice it's a waste of time don't try it....
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by mikeycharles(m): 11:10am On Jan 17, 2019
Lalasticlala this is FP worthy na
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by adelnehis(m): 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
Yes they are!!

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by MrAnele(m): 1:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
Just like sex... Yes
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by loadedvibes: 1:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
Yes
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Ibcrown(m): 1:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
Nope
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by AntiWailer: 1:06pm On Jan 17, 2019
Yes they are to person wey no get money to buy it but like your post rightly says, They are worth it.
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by kevoh(m): 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
mikeycharles:
Are iPhones Overrated?

I stopped reading when I got to the part in bold fonts! From my experience it is not true.

2 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Brownhypo: 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
Let's see!
Click Like for Android and share for iPhone smiley

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by ShawttySoFyne(f): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
I'm not a fan of iphones

4 Likes

Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by bettercreature(m): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2019
sway112:
I disagree with the op... If you have used a Google pixel phone you would know that the iPhone camera is poo/rubbish.... Even guys using the Google pixel camera (gcam) on xiaomi phone can boast of better picture quality than iPhone
Keep decieving yourself,they are showing edited image not real image.There is nothing close to iphone mind you iphone is more than just camera
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by AntiWailer: 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2019
kevoh:

I stopped reading when I got to the part in bold fonts! From my experience it is not true.

it is definitely true.

unless na used or refurbished phone u buy
Re: Are Iphones Overrated? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2019
It's not overrated because of the number of pants it has claimed especially in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXPOSED! You Can Now Login To Yahoo Mail With Your Phone / Classical Background Images For Innjoo(injury) & Others. / January update: Download Dream League Soccer 2020 Mod For Android (DLS 20)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.