Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1238579 members, 1651409 topics. Date: Thursday, 24 April 2014 at 03:00 PM

What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! (12670 Views)

What Makes A Child An Ajebo / What Makes A Man/woman Responsible / What Really Is The Way To A Man's Heart? (for The Men Only) (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by wendyz: 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2010
One of a man's craving in a relationship no doubt is RESPECT, however i also understand that the word mean different things to different people. So my question What are your expectations of your woman when it comes to RESPECT.?What makes a man feel respected?
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by invisible!(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2010
If she keeps the home peaceful and don't insist on knowing everything I do and wherever I go. If she allows me to handle all external issues with my parents/siblings and even with my inlaws, if she is transparent with me and tells me the truth in all situations, then she is showing me respect.

2 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by MRbrownJAY(m): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2010
RESPECT:
- someone who is fully honest in any situation, not afraid to say whats on their mind (however good or bad)
- someone who can make their own minds regardless of what people think.
- someone who stands by their words/demeanor.

IMMEDIATE LOSS OF RESPECT:
- someone cheating.
- someone lying to your face.
- someone dishonest.
- any woman who think its ok to hit a man "because they are women".

10 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by sophy09: 5:37am On Aug 14, 2010
invisible!:

If she keeps the home peaceful and don't insist on knowing everything I do and wherever I go. If she allows me to handle all external issues with my parents/siblings and even with my inlaws, if she is transparent with me and tells me the truth in all situations, then she is showing me respect.

You just contradicted yourself. You want a lady who is transparent and tells you the truth in all situations but you do not want her to know everything you do. How is that possible? Are you being transparent yourself by not telling her everything you do but she should tell you everything she does

30 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by invisible!(m): 6:23am On Aug 14, 2010
@Sophy, in my business you don't dare say where you go and what you intend to do. For her peace and safety, she berra not know. I have to know her actions so as to prevent her from crossing enemy lines.
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by sophy09: 6:31am On Aug 14, 2010
lol guys are so funny. For her safety it is better for her not to know. So why do you want to know her business. I mean since your line of business is very "dangerous" and you need to keep things to yourself, for YOUR peace of mind it is better for her not to tell you ANYTHING.

8 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Mbeki: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2010
If she does not engage in a hot argument with you in the public

If she bares her mind to you in all things

If she agrees with your view when you are right
If she disagree with your view when you are wrong.

But these days, Most Women have lost respect for men! due to women lib movement.
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2010
Ok maybe all the matured men are in the family section!
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by invisible!(m): 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2010
^^^ where you wan make they go? In the romance side?
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by wendyz: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2010
Thanks all for your replies. In my interactions with different guys on this issue of RESPECT and my personal experience with my boss. I came to a conclusion that just "maybe" most women (single or married), don't even understand men's expectations from them with regards RESPECT.

A male friend once told me he feels respected in a relationship when his Lady trusts his Decision making ability and if by any chance she feels contrary on his decision, she rather suggests options and not go ahead telling him what to do. Even when his decision does not turn out well, she doesn't rub it in his face. How about that?

I used to have a lot of issues with my male boss for reasons unknown to me, not until i realised he expected me to seek his opinion on almost any decision i needed to make( as a sign of respect). I adjusted to suit his expectation and to my suprise he changed positively and these days he doesn't hassle about all the things we had issues with previously and he gives me the go ahead to make decisions as it deems fit.

Personally i believe on the homefront women too would also get more of the love of their husband they crave for, if they understand HIS expectations of them with regards RESPECT and act as appropriate.

8 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by chaircover: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2010
I think that respect is a personal thing with different individuals having different expectations

For example, some husbands like their wives calling them names such as “daddy” while some men rather be called by their names.

Some husbands want no questions asked wives, while some feel unimportant or insignificant, if their wives don’t care less about what time he gets back and where from.

Some husbands see themselves as being respected if they have their own special Arm chair, cup & plate & others don’t mind in the slightest.

Some husbands want the full works when dinner is served; dozens of pyrex dishes on a tray with a napkin on top of the dishes, while some are happy to have their rice, beans dodo and meat all dished on one plate from the kitchen.

Some husbands always want to drive when their wives are in the car and some husbands are happy to let their wives drive them and so on and so forth

I think that one just has to study the person they are living with and take things from there.

oooops only just saw the title; for matured men only. My apologies smiley

16 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Global-D: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2010
Man feel respected when his woman:
1.  Trust his decision (even if he's wrong, he should be convince in a subtle way)
2.  Discuss anything with him (seeking his opinion, taking permission etc.)
3.  Don't compete with him
                      And
4.  Let him know he's the head of the family (even if things is not that superb)

2 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Andy Moore(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14
Respect is a state of mind felt uniquely by different individuals. I know a man who doesn't need to be greeted to feel respected, I also know a man who would feel disrespected if he passes by and no one greets him. I think the ladies should figure out what their man wants, but generally, respectin a guy would mean respectin his opinions, not challengin his words, being honest and open to him and above all, submitting to him. Nevertheless, respect is reciprocal, it is earned

2 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by deeptesting(m): 6:42pm On Mar 14
Know your role,play it and never take me for granted...

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by LyndaRoyce(f): 11:00pm On Mar 14
*peeps through the window* boldly written on the blackboard, FOR MATURED MEN ONLY* reverse mah wheels and park well*
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Kanwulia: 7:25am On Mar 15
Being A TRUE HEAD OF THE HOUSEHOLD!
With love, respect and patience! kiss
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by grandlexuz: 6:16pm On Mar 15
invisible!:
@Sophy, in my business you don't dare say where you go and what you intend to do. For her peace and safety, she berra not know. I have to know her actions so as to prevent her from crossing enemy lines.

With your Moniker being INVISIBLE, I take you are a Babalao.

1 Like

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by grandlexuz: 6:23pm On Mar 15
LyndaRoyce: *peeps through the window* boldly written on the blackboard, FOR MATURED MEN ONLY* reverse mah wheels and park well*

Baby I say Pull over..Show me your particulars. Be fast.. Inner lights.. Ouch you are a lady.. Move on to another thread..Lol
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by donroxy(m): 5:17am On Mar 16
As a man, What makes me feel respected is when I respect myself before you by discharging my responsibilities as appropriate as possible though not everybody reciprocate respect then :

Maturity comes to play .... U need to know how to handle some ill-mannered woman maturely , so she won't stain you !!

1 Like

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Yomieluv(m): 5:57am On Mar 16
Ability to respect yourself,and meeting up with your responsibilities at all time.

1 Like

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by L.M Ayedun..(m): 5:59am On Mar 16
And almost 4yrs after, this finally made front page.

One lesson - Never give up.
OP, Congrats.. 4yrs no be joke grin

4 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by emmyw: 6:00am On Mar 16
Its always good for a man to know that he is no more a teenager and should behave as someone with mature mind
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by tosyn omolara(f): 6:01am On Mar 16
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by gbaskiboy(m): 6:01am On Mar 16
As a man when you dutifully discharge ur responsibilities at home u'll earn great respect from ur wife, when you respect and love ur woman no doubt it'll be reciprocated. Unless ur woman is un appreciative

1 Like

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by fingard02k(m): 6:04am On Mar 16
many
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Caleboha(m): 6:11am On Mar 16
As ladies need love and money so do men need respect. Its in every man's make-up though it might come in various shades. Some ladies whine about men being overly conscious of respect, the earlier you realise its just natural for them, the better for your home.
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by seyema(m): 6:13am On Mar 16
2010 post jus making front page?
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by docconcepts.com: 6:14am On Mar 16
if a woman can has d fear of GOD in her mind

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by greatgod2012(f): 6:20am On Mar 16
What will make my man be respected?

When my man respects me, he will surely have my total respect.
Actions and reactions are equal and opposite.

You cant shout me down in the presence of my kids or publicly and still expect me to respect you.

You don't treat me like a trash and expect me to treat you like a prince/king.

You don't present yourself as irresponsibe and still expect me to respect you as a responsible man.

In conclusion, respect begets respect. If a man wants to be respected, he has to sow it first, so as to be able to reap it.

And the same also goes to women.

8 Likes

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by oko-omoge(m): 6:21am On Mar 16
If you are a Christian, please go back and study the role of husband and wife in the bible.

If you are a Muslim, please read Surat Nisa,
There are clear instructions on what a man
Should to his wife and wife to the husband.

I think people have turned away from the fundamentals.

My 2 Cents
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Olumidzti(m): 6:46am On Mar 16
If a woman carry out her roles in the house, then the man should feel respected as the leader of the house. But people define respect differently so some men's definition of respect could mean slavery to another man or even to the woman involved. I think every case should be analysed differently taking the woman's strengths & weaknesses into consideration. If a woman tends to talk too much (it's not a disease, it's the nature of many & doesn't mean they're irresponsible) & his man think the way she can respect him is for the house to be always quiet, he may not have the respect of that woman. One point people seem to miss though is that one of the biggest duty of a man is to respect the members of his house (both wife & children) even as the head.

(0) (1) (Reply)

Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! / As A Man, Is It Proper To Know The Virginity Status Of Your 18+ Female Child. / Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.