Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! (8518 Views)

I Need The Opinions Of Sane And Mature Men And Women Here. Please! / I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. / What Really Is The Way To A Man's Heart? (for The Men Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by wendyz: 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2010
One of a man's craving in a relationship no doubt is RESPECT, however i also understand that the word mean different things to different people. So my question What are your expectations of your woman when it comes to RESPECT.?What makes a man feel respected?
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by invisible2(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2010
If she keeps the home peaceful and don't insist on knowing everything I do and wherever I go. If she allows me to handle all external issues with my parents/siblings and even with my inlaws, if she is transparent with me and tells me the truth in all situations, then she is showing me respect.
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2010
RESPECT:
- someone who is fully honest in any situation, not afraid to say whats on their mind (however good or bad)
- someone who can make their own minds regardless of what people think.
- someone who stands by their words/demeanor.

IMMEDIATE LOSS OF RESPECT:
- someone cheating.
- someone lying to your face.
- someone dishonest.
- any woman who think its ok to hit a man "because they are women".
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by sophy09: 5:37am On Aug 14, 2010
invisible!:

If she keeps the home peaceful and don't insist on knowing everything I do and wherever I go. If she allows me to handle all external issues with my parents/siblings and even with my inlaws, if she is transparent with me and tells me the truth in all situations, then she is showing me respect.

You just contradicted yourself. You want a lady who is transparent and tells you the truth in all situations but you do not want her to know everything you do. How is that possible? Are you being transparent yourself by not telling her everything you do but she should tell you everything she does

1 Like

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by invisible2(m): 6:23am On Aug 14, 2010
@Sophy, in my business you don't dare say where you go and what you intend to do. For her peace and safety, she berra not know. I have to know her actions so as to prevent her from crossing enemy lines.
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by sophy09: 6:31am On Aug 14, 2010
lol guys are so funny. For her safety it is better for her not to know. So why do you want to know her business. I mean since your line of business is very "dangerous" and you need to keep things to yourself, for YOUR peace of mind it is better for her not to tell you ANYTHING.
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Mbeki: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2010
If she does not engage in a hot argument with you in the public

If she bares her mind to you in all things

If she agrees with your view when you are right
If she disagree with your view when you are wrong.

But these days, Most Women have lost respect for men! due to women lib movement.
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2010
Ok maybe all the matured men are in the family section!
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by invisible2(m): 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2010
^^^ where you wan make they go? In the romance side?
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by wendyz: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2010
Thanks all for your replies. In my interactions with different guys on this issue of RESPECT and my personal experience with my boss. I came to a conclusion that just "maybe" most women (single or married), don't even understand men's expectations from them with regards RESPECT.

A male friend once told me he feels respected in a relationship when his Lady trusts his Decision making ability and if by any chance she feels contrary on his decision, she rather suggests options and not go ahead telling him what to do. Even when his decision does not turn out well, she doesn't rub it in his face. How about that?

I used to have a lot of issues with my male boss for reasons unknown to me, not until i realised he expected me to seek his opinion on almost any decision i needed to make( as a sign of respect). I adjusted to suit his expectation and to my suprise he changed positively and these days he doesn't hassle about all the things we had issues with previously and he gives me the go ahead to make decisions as it deems fit.

Personally i believe on the homefront women too would also get more of the love of their husband they crave for, if they understand HIS expectations of them with regards RESPECT and act as appropriate.

1 Like

Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2010
Re: What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!! by GlobalD2: 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2010
Man feel respected when his woman:
1.  Trust his decision (even if he's wrong, he should be convince in a subtle way)
2.  Discuss anything with him (seeking his opinion, taking permission etc.)
3.  Don't compete with him
                      And
4.  Let him know he's the head of the family (even if things is not that superb)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get Bachelorhood Certificate In Nigeria, Genuine Advice Needed Plz / Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? / Is He Not Meeting Up To Expectations? Divorce Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.