Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,919 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P (28867 Views)

Husband On The Run After Hacking Wife To Death During Disagreement In Plateau / 2 Lovers Arrested For Hacking Into NHIS Account, N60m Theft (photo) / Man High On Drugs Kills Himself After Hacking His Brother's Neck. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by fajani(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2019
I love them boiz
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by Newboss(m): 11:21am On Jan 18, 2019
And they couldn't move the funds across borders before detection? They couldn't even cross borders. Una mumu is legendary. Obviously they don't know that banks audit their systems daily because of things like this.

If you must be a criminal, be a real one, not a wannabe angry

1 Like

Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by larryking540: 11:25am On Jan 18, 2019
generationz:
see them

some women's man crush Monday

some women would actually fight tooth and nail to marry these mofos

I have no respect for any man who decides on defrauding people for a living

No one should come at me with the "our politicians are worse" nonsense

you all are bloody criminals and God will punish you all in Jesus name for causing people pain.

I don't even like to come close to people way day do yahoo yahoo, ,,becus they can sell ur trust for anything, ,,a friend, I call a friend wanted to hack my own facebook, ,,na sense I use drop am as I guy man, ,,,,
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by kenethrylli: 11:26am On Jan 18, 2019
na wa na why i de fear to put money for bank be this
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by e10nzy(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2019
They would have transferred it to an offshore undetectable account, like those in panama
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by IloveToMess: 11:27am On Jan 18, 2019
Oblongata:

OK

Mmadu Mathew Onyekachi nko? mr Tribalism, you just showcased your 2 kobo sense to the world. Better return your popsie's phone, monkey

Lazy yoot, ordinary small write up, you cannot comprehend

Ode oshi

He might have been framed up. Stupiid! You better think. Igbos dont scam bank, that dude might have been framed up.
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by UEDIBO: 11:36am On Jan 18, 2019
how did they do it? which technology did they use? please after they release them, please i need their contact. i want to learn some things.
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2019
Xisnin:
This isn't hacking, it was an inside job.

It is still a hack because they gained unauthorized access to the bank's database using a computer.
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by UEDIBO: 11:44am On Jan 18, 2019
hmmm. if this is true, why are you advertising it? can't you get a bank loan and put the money?
hahahaha scammers everywhere.
Winningodd078:
See below
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by BenzEne1(m): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2019
IloveToMess:

Is Ogenyi Igbo name?? So Ogenyi Onazi the footballer is Igbo abi? Use your brain.

Maureen Nkeiruka Mmadu is a Nigerian football coach and former midfielder. As a player she most recently represented Avaldsnes IL, a First Division team based on Norway's west coast. She played for several other teams in Norway's Toppserien as well for Linköpings FC and QBIK in the Swedish Damallsvenskan. Wikipedia
Born: 7 May 1975 (age 43 years), Onitsha
Height: 1.78 m
Position: Midfielder

Who suppose use e sense?
You didn't even know what I was saying but chose to read my mind .

1 Like

Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by BenzEne1(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2019
IloveToMess:

He might have been framed up. Stupiid! You better think. Igbos dont scam bank, that dude might have been framed up.

And the rest weren't framed.

1 Like

Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by deebrain(m): 11:48am On Jan 18, 2019
EmmyBlogs:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Kaduna Zonal Office on January 16, 2019 arraigned Bashir Abdullahi Mohammed, Oche Ogenyi, Adefila Taofile Kayode, Rabiu Aliko Lawal and Mmadu Mathew before justice Mohammed Tukur of a Kaduna State High Court, on a two-count charge bordering on conspiracy and stealing to the tune of N466, 000, 000 (Four Hundred and Sixty Six Million Naira) only.

They were arrested following a petition by Polaris Bank, alleging that they hacked into the bank’s application, and fraudulently increased the N781,000 in one of the customer’s bank account to N466 million.

One of the counts reads: “That you Bashir Abdullahi Mohammed, Oche Ogenyi, Adefila Taofile Kayode, Rabiu Aliko Lawal, Mmadu Mathew Onyekachi, and others now at large, sometime in 2018 in Kaduna within the judicial Division of the High Court, did conspire amongst yourselves to commit theft of the sum of N466 million and you thereby committed an offence contrary to 58(1) of the Penal Code Law Kaduna State 2017 and punishable under Section 59(1) of the same Law”.

They pleaded “not guilty” to the charges.
Prosecuting counsel, Onyeka Ekweozor, thereafter asked the court to fix a date for “commencement of trial”, and asked that they be remanded in EFCC custody.

“The defendants have separate charges before a Federal High Court pending arraignment, and remanding them in prison custody will make it difficult for the prosecution to arraign them,” he said.

Counsel for the first defendant, A. Ashat, in his oral bail application urged the court to grant his client bail, arguing that he will not jump bail.

Continue Reading: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/01/five-men-arrested-for-n466m-fraud-after.html?m=1

Haba Op! Did you just call over 400million naira, only?

Fear God
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by Xisnin(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2019
Xda59:

It is still a hack because they gained unauthorized access to the bank's database using a computer.
How did you know that?
The article never stated that the bank staff is not authorized to update the customer's account.
Even cashiers have such access.

1 Like

Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by IloveToMess: 11:54am On Jan 18, 2019
BenzEne1:

Maureen Nkeiruka Mmadu is a Nigerian football coach and former midfielder. As a player she most recently represented Avaldsnes IL, a First Division team based on Norway's west coast. She played for several other teams in Norway's Toppserien as well for Linköpings FC and QBIK in the Swedish Damallsvenskan. Wikipedia
Born: 7 May 1975 (age 43 years), Onitsha
Height: 1.78 m
Position: Midfielder

Who suppose use e sense?
You didn't even know what I was saying but chose to read my mind .

Ogenyi is not Igbo as you fools claim. The other one Mmadu might have been framed up cos Igbos dont do bank scam, that is strictly Yoruba talent
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by generationz(f): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2019
larryking540:

I don't even like to come close to people way day do yahoo yahoo, ,,becus they can sell ur trust for anything, ,,a friend, I call a friend wanted to hack my own facebook, ,,na sense I use drop am as I guy man, ,,,,

exactly.
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by IloveToMess: 11:58am On Jan 18, 2019
BenzEne1:

And the rest weren't framed.

Who dey do bank scam pass Afonja?. They are the ones working in Banks na, bank scam is yoruba second name. The Igbo person might have been framed.
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by BenzEne1(m): 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
IloveToMess:

Ogenyi is not Igbo as you fools claim. The other one Mmadu might have been framed up cos Igbos dont do bank scam, that is strictly Yoruba talent

Who said Ogenyi was an Igbo name?
Might have been framed?
You guys are just plain stupid.

1 Like

Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by BenzEne1(m): 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2019
IloveToMess:

Who dey do bank scam pass Afonja?. They are the ones working in Banks na, bank scam is yoruba second name. The Igbo person might have been framed.

The northerner nko?
Was he also framed??

1 Like

Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by Ejlove4u(m): 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2019
danot1030:

Not saying so but just letting you know that i have my eyes on you

Lollz no blind oh and also Beg ASUU make them call of strike oh we done tire for house
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by IloveToMess: 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
BenzEne1:

The northerner nko?
Was he also framed??

The Yoruba brought him onboard, it was the yoruba criminal's idea..
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by IloveToMess: 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
BenzEne1:

Who said Ogenyi was an Igbo name?
Might have been framed?
You guys are just plain stupid.

Yes Igbos are not known with bank Scam. Abiola was a bank fraud legend so are his tribe men, thifi thifi inside bank is yoruba talent
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by BenzEne1(m): 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
IloveToMess:

The Yoruba brought him onboard, it was the yoruba criminal's idea..

1 Like

Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by purplekayc(m): 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
EmmyBlogs:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Kaduna Zonal Office on January 16, 2019 arraigned Bashir Abdullahi Mohammed, Oche Ogenyi, Adefila Taofile Kayode, Rabiu Aliko Lawal and Mmadu Mathew before justice Mohammed Tukur of a Kaduna State High Court, on a two-count charge bordering on conspiracy and stealing to the tune of N466, 000, 000 (Four Hundred and Sixty Six Million Naira) only.

They were arrested following a petition by Polaris Bank, alleging that they hacked into the bank’s application, and fraudulently increased the N781,000 in one of the customer’s bank account to N466 million.

One of the counts reads: “That you Bashir Abdullahi Mohammed, Oche Ogenyi, Adefila Taofile Kayode, Rabiu Aliko Lawal, Mmadu Mathew Onyekachi, and others now at large, sometime in 2018 in Kaduna within the judicial Division of the High Court, did conspire amongst yourselves to commit theft of the sum of N466 million and you thereby committed an offence contrary to 58(1) of the Penal Code Law Kaduna State 2017 and punishable under Section 59(1) of the same Law”.

They pleaded “not guilty” to the charges.
Prosecuting counsel, Onyeka Ekweozor, thereafter asked the court to fix a date for “commencement of trial”, and asked that they be remanded in EFCC custody.

“The defendants have separate charges before a Federal High Court pending arraignment, and remanding them in prison custody will make it difficult for the prosecution to arraign them,” he said.

Counsel for the first defendant, A. Ashat, in his oral bail application urged the court to grant his client bail, arguing that he will not jump bail.

Continue Reading: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/01/five-men-arrested-for-n466m-fraud-after.html?m=1

. From 781,000 to 466m a d you think they won't know?
Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by mu2sa2: 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
theoldpretender:
Bashir Abdullahi Mohammed, Oche Ogenyi, Adefila Taofile Kayode, Rabiu Aliko Lawal and Mmadu Mathew

Hmm...this one na collabo across religion and tribe...
And federal character fully complied with in the composition.

1 Like

Re: Five Men Arrested For N466m Fraud After Hacking Into Bank’s Application. P by Godblessusall: 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2019
APC has the highest fraud rate but it’s covered ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake American Colonel Arrested After Impersonating EFCC Operative. Photos / Policeman Shoots Driver To Death In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Militants Murdered Eight Landlords In One Night — Ikorodu Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.