Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,327 members, 7,839,555 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? (585 Views)

You Use Violence & Others Blood To Win Election, Is It Sensible To Jubilate? / IS IT SENSIBLE TO GO TO ELECTIONS 2023 UNDER THIS RAGING INSECURITY? - ATLANTIC / Igbos, Don't You Think It's Sensible To Support Our Own Party. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? by BizLifeE: 11:22am On Jan 20, 2019
I'm shifting to the U.K in a month. Is life in the U.K depressing?

No.

As long as you have a reasonably well paid job and a decent place to live it's great. Just don't expect a North American lifestyle when it comes to material things. Everything in the UK is smaller.

There is a vibrant cultural scene, live music and theatre is in every city, and masses of history to soak up. When the weather is favourable (which is around two thirds of the time) there are some wonderful national parks and amazing coastal scenery. We have fantastic sports too: rugby (both kinds), soccer, cricket (in the summer), as well as all kinds of motor sports. In the summer there are festivals like Glastonbury and Edinburgh. There's always something to look forward to.

Don't believe the stories that half the country lives on beans on toast. Britain today is a melting pot of international cuisines and you can get just about anything you want fairly easily.

Most people have work, and violent crime is very low by international standards. Driving standards are high, and accident statistics reflect this (although there are always some idiots).

The only downsides to living in Britain are the relatively high levels of taxation, and some aspects of the climate. But nowhere is perfect, and for the most part the positives overwhelmingly outweigh the negatives.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Im-shifting-to-the-U-K-in-a-month-Is-life-in-the-U-K-depressing

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? by paiz: 11:28am On Jan 20, 2019
until we vote out Buhari no one is leaving
Re: Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? by femmy2010(m): 11:30am On Jan 20, 2019
paiz:
until we vote out Buhari no one is leaving

You might have to wait till 2023 cos baba is leading till then.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? by ChidiAlaigbo: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2019
Yet so many Nigerians are leaving or planning to leave the UK to go back to Nigeria. I am one of them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? by paiz: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2019
femmy2010:

You might have to wait till 2023 cos baba is leading till then.
Then our OP has to wait till then before he will travel
Re: Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? by Archiever22: 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:
Yet so many Nigerians are leaving or planning to leave the UK to go back to Nigeria. I am one of them.
why did you want to leave?
Re: Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? by bender79: 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
UK is messed up bro. It will limit you to small dreams, you may end up a shop attendant selling candies.
Re: Is It Sensible For Me To Migrate To The UK? by AjalaJ(m): 4:08am On Jan 21, 2019
I know many people... After spending many years in the UK, have come back to Nigeria, and have sworn never to go back again.

(1) (Reply)

FACT FILES: Nigerian Government Explained In 3 Minutes / Professor Osinbajo Storm The Ancient Town To Canvass Votes For PMB Ondo State: / Obasanjo Threatening To Break Up Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.