Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo (25646 Views)

Traders Celebrating After Receiving Trader Moni In Ibadan (Photos) / Osinbajo Launches Trader Moni In Calabar (Photos) / Trader Moni: Two Million Nigerians To Get Collateral Free Loans In Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Limitednow: 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Olusegun Obasanjo, Former President, has described the Trader Moni Scheme of President Muhammadu Buhari as idiotic.

Mr Obasanjo gave the description on Sunday in an open letter titled “Point for Concern and Action.”

Trader Moni, according to the Federal Government, is an empowerment scheme created specifically for petty traders and artisans across the country.

The scheme promoted by Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has been condemned by critics of the administration largely because of the timing of its implementation and disbursement, which is close to the 2019 general election.

Critics, including chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described the programme as vote buying.

While Bukola Saraki, Senate President, described it as sophisticated, Yakubu Dogara, Reps Speaker, elucidated it to be direct vote buying.

For the former president, the scheme is “idiotic.”

“What an act by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria lawyer, number 2 man in the Executive hierarchy; and what is more, a pastor of one of the Christian movements led by a revered, respected and upright church leader, Pastor E. A. Adeboye,” Obasanjo said.

“Traders in rural and sub-urban areas of Nigeria are many more than those in urban areas and they are much poorer than traders in Lagos, Abuja and other cities. They need more attention and greater help.

“Are they to be confined to the heap of perpetual poverty? What of those who are not traders? They are not entitled to hand-out and they can languish in penury? And what about millions who have lost their jobs in the last three and a half years? The timing is also suspect.

“Those who criticise the action are called evil but they are not evil as they know what they are doing and saying, and they love Nigeria and Nigerians not less than the likes of Osinbajo. They are not devils incarnate; they are patriots.

“What is the connection between taking the number of PVC (Permanent Voters Card) of the recipient of the N10,000 doled out to ‘traders’ and the forthcoming election? There is something sinister about it, and Professor Osinbajo, of all people, should know that.

“With collusion of the INEC officials and card readers not made to work, anybody quoting the PVC number may be allowed to vote as the revised Electoral Bill was not signed. And if that happens all over the country, it will be massive rigging indeed.

"His explanation that it was their government programme can only be construed to be very shallow and lopsided, if not an outrightly idiotic programme."

Obasanjo, who described himself as an alarm raiser, passed a vote of no confidence on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) urging the electoral body to diligently carry out its duties.

He also alleged that Mr Buhari is planning and strategizing on how to rig the election using the case of embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, as a reference point.

“The Chairman of INEC must stand firm and carry out his duties with competence and unbending neutrality. Card readers must be used without fail and accreditation must be completed and number ascertained and made public before voting commences as was done in 2015,” the former president said.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/trader-moni-scheme-idiotic-obasanjo/

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Limitednow: 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by deomelo: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2019

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8545666_pdp_jpeg94e3a1755126f7ed56b5233f585bd5d7

The money belongs to Nigerians, not your PDP looting, stealing and sharing pockets.

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by deboysben(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
And that foolish mere commoner a professor of law and senior pastor for that matter is doing the dirty job.

Buhari has killed the remaining integrity in this man
That's what you get when you indulge your self with dementia suffering illiterate.

Speak on Baba... Better be late than never.

156 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Bizmagnet: 6:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
Politics aside, Buhari's social investment scheme should be appreciated. Trader Money, Npower, etc are rare successful programs handled FG since inception. While we're aiming higher, these programs are commendable if we're to call a spade a spade.
Need a website/blog/software? Click on my username to get my contact.

131 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by LuciferVirgin: 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
In other words, Buhari & Osinbajo are idiotic. grin

Truer words have never been spoken.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Nanorest: 6:06pm On Jan 20, 2019
Say what you like. Buhari till 2023

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
How many cups of rice can N10,000 Buy?

This Nigeria is a land of stupidity.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by abc115: 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
Obasanjo statement idiotic. ..

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by khingTony(m): 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
Vote buying rebranded

29 Likes

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Afamed: 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
I don't have anything to say, rather than in Obj polling unit, he has always been randomly defeated.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by adekolaelect(m): 6:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
Obasanjo what did you do when you are there as empowerment for the ordinary Nigerians .you are asking for free and fear election did you do that when you were there In your time of governance INEC Didn't count our vote but only declared your wish but we thank jonathan for what he did but today you are on the bench you can wail as if you were not among of those that brought Nigeria to where it is today.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Timatayo1: 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
Osinbanjo the small devil

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by orion7: 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2019
buhari shared 380million dollars to poor Nigerians
e reach your hand ?

zombies re incredibly stupid

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Cajal(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hmmmmm
Staff are no longer being paid from the covers of FG..
idiotic indeed
Oil well no longer renewed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by saaron(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2019
Trader moni is not only idiotic, it is actually one of the biggest ways to waste and loot public funds. In fact, Trader moni is the perfect vehicle to embezzle public funds without any form of documentation or trace.
Very soon Nigerians will hear that N500 billion was used by this regime for the sheme.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by helinues: 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
When an elderly man begins to talk with both sides of his mouth, Oro di hun

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by 3kay945(m): 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
orion7:

e reach your hand ?

grin cool

1 Like

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by deomelo: 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
orion7:

e reach your hand ?

The billions PDP looted and shred reached your hands?

The $2.7 billion Jona stole and gave to DASUKI/ATM to share with his crooked and corrupt cronies like FFK, FAYOSE METUH and others reached your poor village ipob hands.?

These village ipob ZOMBIES sef, no sense, even worse than ZOMBIES sef

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by netpro(m): 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by muykem: 7:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
But dolla to already reach people is not idiot. Don't worry, we know what we want and on February 16 you will hear us.

15 Likes

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Online4u: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
Watch Now!

#Buhari Has Taken Nigeria Back To #Abacha Era! He Has Nothing To Offer#Nigeria, He should Go Home - Obasanjo #Atiku #Renosdart #NextLevel #GNWA2019 #LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRS7vn-Bws8
Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by v4victor: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
What can 10,000 naira do for a trader abeg? Why not create an enabling environment for small businesses to thrive?

Btw, I have a used HP 250 laptop for sale. 500GB hard disk with a long lasting battery at an affordable price. Interested buyers within and around Port Harcourt should holla me on 08101572063

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by lifelesspmb: 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
Every reasonable person knows that it is a waste. The fraudulent pastor is a big disappointment.

6 Likes

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by SaiAtikuTill203: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
The only person that owes Nigerians explanations on;
a) Why the Biggest economy in African and 3rd fasted growing economy in the world (2014) crashed in just 10 months of his assuming office, is Buhari.
b) Buhari is the only person that will explain why 12,4Million Nigeria lost their jobs because of zero economic focus of his govt.
c) Buhari is the only person that will explain why over N1.2Trillion was invested in Agriculture and we can't find the food on our dining tables.
d) It is only Buhari, that will answer why over 1,000 were killed (unprotected) by Boko Haram that he told Nigerians that he has defeated.
e) Buhari is the only person that will answer the question on the $1billion he claimed spent on arms and the Army chiefs said that they received nothing.
f) Buhari owes Nigerians explanation why has to pay about $500million for Warplanes that will be supplied in 2022 for a war that is speedily ravaging Nigerians now?
g) The question on the N9.4Trillion Missing in NNPC and catalogue of Looting by Buhari's family, friends, Party members are best explained by Buhari the Oil Minister and President is for Buhari to answer.
h) Buhari should have explained to Nigerians why he failed in all his 2015 three cardinal campaign points in 2015 of Economy, Terror War and Corruption Fight and only succeeded in bringing Poverty in the land.
This is why I said that Atiku was Right leaving the campaign Venue when Buhari fails to show up, as he can't Debate himself. Nigeria's only problem is buhari.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by ambale(m): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Bizmagnet:
Politics aside, Buhari's social investment scheme should be appreciated. Trader Money, Npower, etc are rare successful programs handled FG since inception. While we're aiming higher, these programs are commendable if we're to call a spade a spade.
Need a website/blog/software? Click on my username to get my contact.
God bless you my brother, I personally have npower staffs in my school right now, and I think this is the first time a government in Nigeria is doing something that is transparent for the people. Even though I'm not an big fan of the present administration but I think we need a younger version of buhari who can mix steel and innovation together

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Equity311987: 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Osinbajo vp is better than obasanjo presidency of 8 years of wastefulness and barbaric, Obasanjo should bury his face in shame because what he couldnt achieve in 8 yrs osinbajo has rely shown the promise. It is not good to be alive in the generation of a man called Obasanjo

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by orion7: 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2019
deomelo:

The billions PDP looted and shred reached your hands?

The $2.7 billion Jona stole and gave to DASUKI/ATM to share with his crooked and corrupt cronies like FFK, FAYOSE METUH and others reached your poor village ipob hands.?

These village ipob ZOMBIES sef, no sense, even worse than ZOMBIES sef
30k zombie grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by TheAngry1: 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
Obasanjo is drowning. grin grin grin grin The man is convulsing and suffocating from Buhari's inevitable win. The thief that stole our money and built a university is criticising a scheme that gives back to the poor. Nigerians should know their enemies by now.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Adewumiaye: 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
U
Re: Trader Moni Scheme Idiotic – Obasanjo by Boyooosa(m): 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
I was expecting to read a creative criticism but since I found no concrete one here, I comment my reserve...

As if we were too young to know when Ghana must go bags were flying upandan in NAS just because of third term. Ish!

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Lawyers Write Malami Over Formation Of New Bar Association / Sule Lamido: Wike Made It Clear He Never Wanted To Become VP To Anyone / Pictures As Peter Obi Holds Town Hall Meeting With Akwa Ibom Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.