Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . (1897 Views)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job / No Good Job? –try These Top 7 Nigerian ICT Jobs With High Employment Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by Indomie001: 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Good day nairalanders ,

Am not trying to blackmail mtn or paint them bad with my heading but only writing this to notify the public on possible scenario .

There is a popular company that i (won't be able to mention their name here ) went for their interview, i got a contact there for update , a friend called to notified me about the second interview invites of which i told him i couldn't get any invites.

An insider asked me to off and on my phone maybe its hang.

I went there uninvited but was shocked to know that i was among the first batch that was contacted for the second interview .

The message was sent through bulk sms , i contacted mtn customer care and i was told that there is a package called DND and with active DND on , bulk sms cant be delivered .

So i missed out cry

To deactivate this service , send STOP to 2442 then send another sms ALLOW to 2442 after you might have received a message from the first message.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by Indomie001: 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Fellow job seekers ,take note of this.

just sad right now angry

1 Like

Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by ayourbamie: 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
That's sad.
Maybe the job was never yours in the first place

3 Likes

Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by clive2u(m): 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
borrow 5k use and troway sim

3 Likes

Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by dreamwords: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2019
Indomie001:
Good day nairalanders ,

Am not trying to blackmail mtn or paint them bad with my heading but only writing this to notify the public on possible scenario .

There is a popular company that i (won't be able to mention their name here ) went for their interview, i got a contact there for update , a friend called to notified me about the second interview invites of which i told him i couldn't get any invites.

I went there uninvited but was shocked to know that i was among the first batch that was contacted for the second interview .

The message was sent through bulk sms , i contacted mtn customer care and i was told that there is a package called DND and with active DND on , bulk sms cant be delivered .

So i missed out cry

To deactivate this service , send STOP to 2442 then send another sms ALLOW to 2442 after you might have received a message from the first message.
Mtn and scam is like 5&6
What has bulk message from companies got to do with Mtn promotional messages
Na wao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by justdogitto: 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2019
Sorry about your loss.You're always to use at least two phone numbers on your CV.Any reputable company will always send any correspondence to at least two phones numbers on a CV

1 Like

Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by 77up(m): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
justdogitto:
Sorry about your loss.You're always to use at least two phone numbers on your CV.Any reputable company will always send any correspondence to at least two phones numbers on a CV
grin
Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by 77up(m): 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nawa o, sorry op lipsrsealed
Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by 77up(m): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
ayourbamie:
That's sad.

Maybe the job was never yours in the first place
Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by 77up(m): 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
clive2u:
borrow 5k use and troway sim
funny but true op see this o
Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by Indomie001: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
Oga lalasticalala people need to see this on fp you know smiley
Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by Yeoldeone(m): 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2019
dreamwords:

Mtn and scam is like 5&6
What has bulk message from companies got to do with Mtn promotional messages
Na wao
Bulk messages have everything to do with MTN promotional messages.
Most of the messages with funny numbers you see asking you to subscribe to one caller tune or news service are sent by individuals via bulk messaging.
From what I learnt, the service provider then takes a cut of your subscription money for the service.
And finally, my condolences to you OP. I hope you find a well paying job soon.
Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by chrisifeanyi: 6:10am On Jan 21, 2019
Indomie001:
Good day nairalanders ,

So i missed out cry

Egbon u dey find work come dey activate "Do Not Disturb". Who wan disturb u naa?
That service na for Big ogas
Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by sage101: 8:56am On Jan 21, 2019
U don Minit

Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by Indomie001: 11:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
chrisifeanyi:

Egbon u dey find work come dey activate "Do Not Disturb". Who wan disturb u naa?
That service na for Big ogas
i dont know cry
Re: How MTN Made Me Lose A Good Job . by Indomie001: 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
Yeoldeone:

Bulk messages have everything to do with MTN promotional messages.
Most of the messages with funny numbers you see asking you to subscribe to one caller tune or news service are sent by individuals via bulk messaging.
From what I learnt, the service provider then takes a cut of your subscription money for the service.
And finally, my condolences to you OP. I hope you find a well paying job soon.
Amen,thanks .

(1) (Reply)

Career Oportunities @ International Logging Inc. / Job Vacancies For You / Exxonmobil Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.