Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR (34849 Views)

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? / Please How Long Does It Take To Get A Job-call From Hr-recruiter / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by nwikpab: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2021
So a friend helped me submit my CV to his company. Though I know not the work but I was briefed and coached on the job.
Three months past and we were still waiting but I was in touch with my friend and never paid much attention to the CV again since I thought I would be called to come over to the company for interview.

Three days ago, I was awakened by my phone ringtone from a deep sleep and next question, where did you work.

My brain na Pentium 3 so it couldn't boot fast. My company is ATY is responded. ATY What.
ATY investment. How many years experience, I forgot what I used on the CV so I dabbled between 2 n 5 but settled on 5years.

What is your duty. I did answered this one correctly and he put off his call promising to get back to me today.

He never introduced himself to me and I was expecting call from three different HR.
My friend just called that the other person he submitted the CV with mine has been text to come to the company on Monday. He wanted to know if I am invited too but not yet.

How can I even explain this to my friend, that I fxcked up on my year of experience?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Draslo(m): 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2021
Can't lose what you never had bro. Move on!

482 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by barnny(m): 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
Any which way what is yours will be yours. Just try to always be real.

Peace

Modified

If we can still remember vividly about a post I made some days back concerning how I lose a job because of righteousness. Till now I'm still not at my best mood. But I have decided to move on and trust God for better days ahead. So bro just relax and see God perfect his will.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2021
one thing I have noticed about life is grace and luck are very real but if things don't go your way like you wanted, learn your lesson and move on.

The can still end up employing you irrespective of what transpired

77 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by pozehnani(f): 7:34am On Mar 06, 2021
That is why it's always good to say the truth. It's easier to maintain than fabricating lies that you may not be consistent with because you'll forget easily.

Next time, tell the truth and it shall set you free.

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Sugar97(f): 8:07am On Mar 06, 2021
You forgot what you used on the CV? So your actual experience is one thing while what was on the CV is another. Seriously, would you hire yourself if you were the employer?

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Karleb(m): 8:57am On Mar 06, 2021
Sugar97:
You forgot what you used on the CV? So your actual experience is one thing while what was on the CV is another. Seriously, would you hire yourself if you were the employer?

It doesn't matter.

Besides, the questions to me me are dumb questions. The HR already have the CV, why still ask if there is not anything shady going on?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Bampeh: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2021
Be patient or forget about the company. It can't stop you from achieving your purpose on earth.
The HR should have your cv when speaking with you and your job experience should be on it or where did they get your contact from.

unprofessional HR!

Bampeh is motivating you

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2021
Honesty is the best policy. People wey talk reason d mata wella before them yarn dat talk.

Learn from your experience and move on.

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by ILoveDemMANNA: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2021
HONESTY PAYS.

Okay Bye..........

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by FalseProphet1(m): 9:29am On Mar 06, 2021
sad
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by ProfAmaben(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2021
Why would an HR call you in the dead of the night for information? That's unprofessional. What happened to emailing candidates?

These people know that jobs are non-existent in Nigeria and use it to misbehave.

On your own path you also lied, how can you ever forget your years of experience if you really had it?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by dannypaul(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2021
Only in NIGERIA will such happen. These HR guys sometimes act like demigods. How do u give someone an impromptu call without a schedule. Not even an introduction of your name, and purpose of call. Bro no serious company employs such rude and mannerless recruitment model aside these mushroom offices.

I blame the sad Nigerian economic condition wherein job seekers are treated without respect and regards.

you've sure learnt a lesson on this. so dust yourself and move on. cheers!!!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by michlins(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2021
Don't sweat it. I know it's hard pill to swallow but let it go

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Bayaar02(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2021
Since you lack honesty, well... Goodluck.

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2021
Use your head wink
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by dlarey: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2021
Try to upgrade your brain to core i9...

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2021
Sincerely, the way employees complicate stuff is way out.
Omo

Self employed it bae I swear

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Blitz888(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2021
Nnn
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by JuanJO(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2021
Ggg
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Kingluqman(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2021
Muuuveee
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by MrImole: 9:32am On Mar 06, 2021
Seriously?
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Ogbodavies(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2021
wahala b like woman.. request no dey end
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Drsnives(m): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2021
Make I sharply comment b4 reading. No vex
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Dickson44: 9:33am On Mar 06, 2021
Another opportunity will still come. Don't give up. It's not something to lose sleep over for. Unto the next one bro

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Yankee101: 9:34am On Mar 06, 2021
Tell the truth

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Onyi22(f): 9:34am On Mar 06, 2021
When you were telling the lies u didn't informed us, now that water don pass garri, u r disturbing our peace, Why?

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Somzee(f): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2021
Honesty is one of the soft skill employers desire in their employees, next time be truthful with whatever you write on your CV. You never can tell.

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Lexusgs430: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2021
Wàhálà be like bicycle, with flat tyre ..... cheesy

Cardinal Stone Graduate Trainee Assessment 2016 / Top 50 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria That You Do Not Know / Vacancies In Port Harcourt (urgent)