Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed (1187 Views)

‘Abuja Not Safe’: Folorunsho Ariyo Killed Alongside Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar / Fake Photo Alert: Tinubu In Abuja Not In The United States - Bayo Onanuga / 'APC One-Million-Man March In Abuja Not Up To 2k People' - Deji Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by Omololu001: 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2019
Lagos among 10 richest cities in Africa, Abuja not listed.

By Daniel Adugbo | Published Date Jan 21, 2019 5:10 AM

A new report has ranked Lagos ahead of Abuja fourth among the ten wealthiest cities in Africa with a commulative wealth of $108 billion.

The report published on property news outlet africapropertynews.com was based on the The AfrAsia Bank Africa Wealth Report 2018.

The report said although Lagos is Nigeria’s capital, it still is the gateway for 80 per cent of Nigeria’s exports and one of the world’s fastest-growing cities.

The report showed that South Africa still boasts the main concentration of wealth in Africa.

South Africa was placed as the most developed nation on the continent, with four of Africa’s ten richest cities.

Johannesburg South Africa’s commercial capital valued at $276 billion was named Africa’s richest. It came first in the ranking followed by Cape Town valued at $155 billion and described as the city with the highest prime residential rates in Africa.

Cairo (Egypt) with $140 billion value was ranked third and then followed by Lagos.

Other cities that made the list include: Durban (South Africa) $55 billion, Nairobi (Kenya) $54 billion and Luanda (Angola) $49 billion.

Also named at 8th position was Pretoria (South Africa) $48 billion, Casablanca (Morocco) $42 billion and Accra (Ghana) $38 billion at 10th position.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lagos-among-10-richest-cities-in-africa-abuja-not-listed.html
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by tungamaje: 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Wao! I thought 'the giants of Africa" should be the first before South Africa
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by TIGRITIS: 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Crappy statistics

Richest cities in the world are:
Anambra
Imo
Abia
Enugu
Ebonyi
The cost of living in these states are so high that 95% of the indegenes don't live there.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by TMKsouth: 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
tungamaje:

Expect the white-factor argument.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by TIGRITIS: 10:27pm On Jan 21, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Na wa for u o!

That is an insult on every Igbo person n I won't take it!

Mynd4
Biko, where are the words of insult?
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by darfay: 11:01pm On Jan 21, 2019
TIGRITIS:
Crappy statistics

Anambra
Imo
Abia
Enugu
Ebonyi
The cost of living in these states are so high that 95% of the indegenes don't live there.

Stupid yorubanger always bragging about Lagos the no man's land.what happened to ogbomosho,ibadan,abeokuta idp camps

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by engrsyer(m): 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
And I am sure Port Harcourt is the 11th wealthiest city in Africa. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by darfay: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
TMKsouth:

Expect the white-factor argument.

Mumu South African slave always trolling us on Nairaland
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by engrsyer(m): 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
I don't like Lagos at all...

No one should quote m and ask why please. Thank you
Omololu001:
Lagos among 10 richest cities in Africa, Abuja not listed.

By Daniel Adugbo | Published Date Jan 21, 2019 5:10 AM

A new report has ranked Lagos ahead of Abuja fourth among the ten wealthiest cities in Africa with a commulative wealth of $108 billion.

The report published on property news outlet africapropertynews.com was based on the The AfrAsia Bank Africa Wealth Report 2018.

The report said although Lagos is Nigeria’s capital, it still is the gateway for 80 per cent of Nigeria’s exports and one of the world’s fastest-growing cities.

The report showed that South Africa still boasts the main concentration of wealth in Africa.

South Africa was placed as the most developed nation on the continent, with four of Africa’s ten richest cities.

Johannesburg South Africa’s commercial capital valued at $276 billion was named Africa’s richest. It came first in the ranking followed by Cape Town valued at $155 billion and described as the city with the highest prime residential rates in Africa.

Cairo (Egypt) with $140 billion value was ranked third and then followed by Lagos.

Other cities that made the list include: Durban (South Africa) $55 billion, Nairobi (Kenya) $54 billion and Luanda (Angola) $49 billion.

Also named at 8th position was Pretoria (South Africa) $48 billion, Casablanca (Morocco) $42 billion and Accra (Ghana) $38 billion at 10th position.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lagos-among-10-richest-cities-in-africa-abuja-not-listed.html

Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by Bifwoli: 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
tungamaje:

But Lagos got ranked 1st in Africa at number 138th and 3rd worst overall in the world in terms of the worst cities for quality of life.
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by TIGRITIS: 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2019
[s]
darfay:

Stupid yorubanger always bragging about Lagos the no man's land.what happened to ogbomosho,ibadan,abeokuta idp camps
[/s]
Shinedu, I thought igbos own Lagos. So how are Yorubas bragging about lagos? And I'm not even yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by kayfra: 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2019
TIGRITIS:
Crappy statistics

Anambra
Imo
Abia
Enugu
Ebonyi

We the Amaka developers of Johannesburg and Cape Town endorse this post

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by Bifwoli: 11:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
All that wealth and Lagos still ranks far below in terms of quality of life ?

Cities with lower wealth numbers like Luanda ,Durban and Nairobi still came higher than Lagos in terms of quality of life.
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by TIGRITIS: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
kayfra:

We the Amaka developers of Johannesburg and Cape Town endorse this post
grin grin
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by jtjohn(m): 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
Scammers to full lagos
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by darfay: 11:46pm On Jan 21, 2019
TIGRITIS:
[s][/s]
Shinedu, I thought igbos own Lagos. So how are Yorubas bragging about lagos? And I'm not even yoruba.

Oga swerve
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by Jokerman(m): 11:57pm On Jan 21, 2019
Oh shut it... Lagos is not amongst the top 10 richest... See how every part of Lagos look poor, dirty and underdeveloped....
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by IronGalaxy: 8:27am On Jan 24, 2019
darfay:

Mumu South African slave always trolling us on Nairaland
isn't he right?
Re: Lagos Among 10 Richest Cities In Africa, Abuja Not Listed by izombie(m): 8:54am On Jan 24, 2019
Don't forget that joburg and pretoria are in the same province/state. So if you add that of pretoria to joburg it will amount to over 300billion. South africa is way ahead of nigeria abeg. Soweto is even better than our own victoria island.
Ask me how and i will tell you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See How Nigerian Police Officers Be Doing The Buhari 4+4 Sign. / 2 Yoruba Brothers Arrested In US For Staging Fake Hate Crime / They Bought Kwankwaso For 100million Pounds But Couldn't Score A Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.