Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,423 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South (2689 Views)

How Ebubeagu Killed My Seven Brothers In My Presence – Survivor / An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Ifedimma Onwugbufor / Archbishop Okogie Writes Buhari An Open Letter: Are You A Nigerian Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South by boldaslion: 11:03am On Mar 15, 2019
gidgiddy:

That is like someone telling the Pilot of an Airplane to try and fly to the moon. He can try but he will never make it so there is no point

Even if all the elected political representatives of the SE/SS were Biafran sympathisers, the representatives of the other 4 zones far outnumber them. Any vote on a bill on referendum will be buried by the other 4 zones in a landslide.

Educate the illiterates that think themselves wise. Is that not how SEDC bill was quickly thrown away after North's own was passed into law.? With the artificially created population over the South, common sense should tell you that you cannot win in anything that has to do with voting. Anyway, common sense is not common.

Had Nigeria been structured differently in a regional setting where each region can move a motion of independence or referendum, then take to Nigerian Assembly for ratification, it would have been a different thing. That's how Scotland got its referendum in 2014. The Scottish National Party(SNP)won majority of the seats in the Scottish Regional Assembly and they moved a motion for a referendum which they won. They now took that decision to the British national parliament in London and it was ratified that Scotland has the right of self determination. Scotland was then given a date for referendum. But If Britain had been structured like Nigeria, and the SNP had gone to London for referendum, the other 3 zones that make up Britain would have killed it.
Re: An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South by Amberon11: 11:26am On Mar 15, 2019
It is really myopic and arrogant at the same time to call someone "uninformed"
for saying they're not igbo.

I ask again, do you know their culture and history better than they do? These people aka ikwerre, and some tribes in Delta State have always maintained that they're not igbo esp the ikwerres. I have spoken with a few ikwerres and they told me they migrated from the bini kingdom. It is quite normal for aspects of a culture and language to be lost when there's too much intermingling with other tribes.

ISLAMBAD:

You called him an Ijaw man.. That means he has his own original language and culture before speaking Urhobo..
Thé question is, those people that said that they are not Ibos, what was their original tribe, culture before the identity denial ?

Even Edwin Clark gave some of his children Ibo names and some of them speak Ibo fluently, but you can never see an Ibo man calling Ijaws Ibos because they have their original identity, heritage and culture . Even some part of Akwa Ibom that share boundary with Abia state speak and even write Ibo fluently.. I have met one here on nairaland . I was mistaken his for Ibo because he used to join us in nairaland banters, until one day he opened up and told me he's from Akwa Ibom, but share common boundary with Abia state that's why he was able to mix up with Ibos. I respected his decision because he's not Ibo.
Thé same thing is applicable to notherners who are speaking Hausa as general language but still maintain their original language and culture because they have identity before copying other people's culture.
I ask again, what was the original culture and language of some uninformed Igbo deniers in Southern Nigeria . ?
Re: An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South by ISLAMBAD: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2019
Amberon11:
It is really myopic and arrogant at the same time to call someone "uninformed"
for saying they're not igbo.

I ask again, do you know their culture and history better than they do? These people aka ikwerre, and some tribes in Delta State have always maintained that they're not igbo esp the ikwerres. I have spoken with a few ikwerres and they told me they migrated from the bini kingdom. It is quite normal for aspects of a culture and language to be lost when there's too much intermingling with other tribes.

You haven't answered my question.
Re: An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South by pchukwudi: 11:43am On Mar 15, 2019
I understand you perfectly well, but you must also concede that the guy has a valid point. While formal political push may not be required, moving the motion in the NA with the majority support from the affected regions' representatives would give the agitation more credibility, more legitimacy, and more international sympathy, even if the motion is killed by the other 4 regions.

gidgiddy:

That is like someone telling the Pilot of an Airplane to try and fly to the moon. He can try but he will never make it so there is no point

Even if all the elected political representatives of the SE/SS were Biafran sympathisers, the representatives of the other 4 zones far outnumber them. Any vote on a bill on referendum will be buried by the other 4 zones in a landslide.

Had Nigeria been structured differently in a regional setting where each region can move a motion of independence or referendum, then take to Nigerian Assembly for ratification, it would have been a different thing. That's how Scotland got its referendum in 2014. The Scottish National Party(SNP)won majority of the seats in the Scottish Regional Assembly and they moved a motion for a referendum which they won. They now took that decision to the British national parliament in London and it was ratified that Scotland has the right of self determination. Scotland was then given a date for referendum. But If Britain had been structured like Nigeria, and the SNP had gone to London for referendum, the other 3 zones that make up Britain would have killed it.
Re: An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South by gidgiddy: 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
pchukwudi:
I understand you perfectly well, but you must also concede that the guy has a valid point. While formal political push may not be required, moving the motion in the NA with the majority support from the affected regions' representatives would give the agitation more credibility, more legitimacy, and more international sympathy, even if the motion is killed by the other 4 regions.

The agitation already has credibility and legitimacy by virtue of section 20(1) of the African charter on people and human rights which Nigeria is a signatory to and gives any group of people the right to agitate for self determination.
Re: An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South by toolovely(m): 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
ISLAMBAD:

You called him an Ijaw man.. That means he has his own original language and culture before speaking Urhobo..
Thé question is, those people that said that they are not Ibos, what was their original tribe, culture before the identity denial ?

Even Edwin Clark gave some of his children Ibo names and some of them speak Ibo fluently, but you can never see an Ibo man calling Ijaws Ibos because they have their original identity, heritage and culture . Even some part of Akwa Ibom that share boundary with Abia state speak and even write Ibo fluently.. I have met one here on nairaland . I was mistaken his for Ibo because he used to join us in nairaland banters, until one day he opened up and told me he's from Akwa Ibom, but share common boundary with Abia state that's why he was able to mix up with Ibos. I respected his decision because he's not Ibo.
Thé same thing is applicable to notherners who are speaking Hausa as general language but still maintain their original language and culture because they have identity before copying other people's culture.
I ask again, what was the original culture and language of some uninformed Igbo deniers in Southern Nigeria . ?

do you bother responding to people who just realized their identity after the civil war.
Re: An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South by pchukwudi: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
Yea, but my emphasis was on MORE.

gidgiddy:

The agitation already has credibility and legitimacy by virtue of section 20(1) of the African charter on people and human rights which Nigeria is a signatory to and gives any group of people the right to agitate for self determination.
Re: An Open Letter To My Brothers In The South South by kekemah: 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
more what

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari To Win 2019 Presidential Election ,With At Least 52% -Financial Digest / Pictures And Videos As Buhari Shut Down Lagos(warning For Wailers) / Benjamin Uwajogu: Profile Of The Incoming Next Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.