Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,650 members, 7,854,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment (3170 Views)

18 States Attracted No Foreign Investment From 2021 -2023 (see List) / 'Nigeria Lacks Macroeconomic Framework To Attract Foreign Investment' - U.S. / Twenty-Six Nigerian States Record Zero Foreign Investment In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by mekaboy(m): 12:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kagawa10:

See this dunce. What part of your brain fails to realise we weren't in recession at a time crude oil was selling at high dollar rate of 110? Is this one mad ni?

Check Ghana foreign exchange rate, check their roads, electricity, railways etc and tell me why investors won't flock there?

It's like a foolish farmer who failed to plant during the rainy season in order to have plenty of food in store during the dry season. Instead, this foolish farmer preferred to plant at the time of dry season only for him to scream blue murder about God cursing him because he had little to harvest.

That's the situation of Nigeria today. We failed to save so as to increase our foreign reserve which would have helped our foreign exchange rate nor invest in infrastruture and agriculture which would have ameliorate our poverty rate during this recession time. Instead, Jonathan and his cronies looted the country dry during the time of plenty and today, we're bearing the brunt of it.

It's no coincindence, your looting Jonathan has kept quiet so far even when his pdp cronies are disturbing us with their stupid noise. He knows he's a bad stain already but we will make him realise that keeping quiet doesn't make us forget his sin of plunging us into this mess.

Atiku and PDP, neva again.

You are still not making sense. We attracted more investment in 2015. Now if you are using your brain, you will realize that all those things u listed as a reason why investors are not coming to Nigeria is actually an investment opportunity.

Road, power, oil and Gas are all investment opportunities.

Aren't u surprised that in 4 years, buhari did not repair refineries and could not attract a single investor to take over the refineries?

No matter how much recession we face, the Ghana market can never be bigger than ours. Check the volume of trade between Ghana and other countries, can u compare it with Nigeria?

So why will investors go to Ghana over Nigeria with higher purchasing power?

If you know anything about investment, every investor wants to recover capital in the shortest possible time. Nigeria and Ghana, which country will give faster returns ?
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by mekaboy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kagawa10:

This one like Peter Obi, the dunce thinks it's only labour that drives production cost.

Yeye. Pdp, neva again.

Lol. The first consideration for any investor will be cost of Labour which will definitely be cheaper in Nigeria.

Fuel diesel are more expensive in Ghana. Which tells you that it will be cheaper even using generator for production in Nigeria.

Then the market is bigger in Nigeria. So why Ghana?

It's only the lifelessness of the leader that scares investors from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Kagawa10: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2019
mekaboy:

You are still not making sense. We attracted more investment in 2015. Now if you are using your brain, you will realize that all those things u listed as a reason why investors are not coming to Nigeria is actually an investment opportunity.

Aren't u surprised that in 4 years, buhari did not repair refineries and could not attract a single investor to take over the refineries?

No matter how much recession we face, the Ghana market can never be bigger than ours. Check the volume of trade between Ghana and other countries, can u compare it with Nigeria?

If you know anything about investment, every investor wants to recover capital in the shortest possible time. Nigeria and Ghana, which country will give faster returns ?

Investing in a country whose naira rate to dollar is at poverty level? You must be having a laugh.

Where were you Jonathan was selling our power sector to his corrupt cronies? Lmao.

So, foreigners are the one to provide good roads for you? Yeye dey smell.

That aside, any sane person out there knows when infrastructures aren't continually maintained, they get destroyed. That was what happened to our old railway lines, refineries, even Power etc. The millitary govt that oversaw Nigeria for years did nothing to maintain any of our infrastructures nor built new ones. We thought the new democratic Pdp govt would take notice of this mess and take it up as their main project but they were no different from the military govt, they looted the country dry for 16 years yet people like you expect these infrastructures that have been left fallow for more than 50 years to suddenly regain its vitality and start to work under Buhari? You're insane and you don't know it.

Fact is our refineries are already dilapidated beyond measure just like our railway lines. The only way is to build new ones even as the FG is already constructing new railway lines as well as supporting Dangote's new refinery. Fact is, our old refineries have become obsolete due to lack of maintenance for many years. Let that sink into your dumb head.
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Kagawa10: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2019
mekaboy:

Lol. The first consideration for any investor will be cost of Labour which will definitely be cheaper in Nigeria.

Fuel diesel are more expensive in Ghana. Which tells you that it will be cheaper even using generator for production in Nigeria.

Then the market is bigger in Nigeria. So why Ghana?

It's only the lifelessness of the leader that scares investors from Nigeria.

Why would I need diesel when I have adequate power supply to power my production in a country like Ghana? Do I even need to constantly fuel my car when I can board a train to my office? You're insane and you don't know it.

Well, you can't be a supporter of pdp and be sane.
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Okoroawusa: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2019
I will still vote for Buhari
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by mekaboy(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kagawa10:

Investing in a country whose naira rate to dollar is at poverty level? You must be having a laugh.

Where were you Jonathan was selling our power sector to his corrupt cronies? Lmao.

So, foreigners are the one to provide good roads for you? Yeye dey smell.

That aside, any sane person out there knows when infrastructures aren't continually maintained, they get destroyed. That was what happened to our old railway lines, refineries, even Power etc. The millitary govt that oversaw Nigeria for years did nothing to maintain any of our infrastructures nor built new ones. We thought the new democratic Pdp govt would take notice of this mess and take it up as their main project but they were no different from the military govt, they looted the country dry for 16 years yet people like you expect these infrastructures that have been left fallow for more than 50 years to suddenly regain its vitality and start to work under Buhari? You're insane and you don't know it.

Fact is our refineries are already dilapidated beyond measure just like our railway lines. The only way is to build new ones even as the FG is already constructing new railway lines as well as supporting Dangote's new refinery. Fact is, our old refineries have become obsolete due to lack of maintenance for many years. Let that sink into your dumb head.

Military was buhari, he came back as civilian and still did nothing.

Yes, investors can fix roads, it's an investment opportunity if you have a good understanding. Is it not investors that fixed the telecom industry that government could not?

So you rather invest in a country where the dollar is 250 naira with 20 million customers to a country where dollar is 300 naira with 200 million customers?
Your not making sense.
Buhari is running this country with your type of reasoning, that's why we are moving back.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by mekaboy(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kagawa10:

Why would I need diesel when I have adequate power supply to power my production in a country like Ghana? Do I even need to constantly fuel my car when I can board a train to my office? You're insane and you don't know it.

Well, you can't be a supporter of pdp and be sane.

I am saying that even if that country runs on 24 hours generator in Nigeria, it's cheaper than steady power in Ghana. Compare MTN sales or profit in Ghana to Nigeria, which place do you think they make more money?

Even with the bad roads and poor power supply.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by bantudra: 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2019
this news cant be true....
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Kagawa10: 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2019
mekaboy:

Military was buhari, he came back as civilian and still did nothing.

Yes, investors can fix roads, it's an investment opportunity if you have a good understanding. Is it not investors that fixed the telecom industry that government could not?

So you rather invest in a country where the dollar is 250 naira with 20 million customers to a country where dollar is 300 naira with 200 million customers?
Your not making sense.
Buhari is running this country with your type of reasoning, that's why we are moving back.
1 dollar is aproximately 5 cedis whereas we have 360 to 1 dollar here yet you dey yarn Okpata.

Which road investment? How dare you compare road to communication networks? Don't you buy sims, airtime and subscriptions everyday? Can you compare that to road users? Abi dis one is mad ni?

How many years did Buhari spend during his military regime sef? Abeg.

You know what? I will vote Buhari even if to see this newly constructed railway lines comes to its full completion.

Pdp, neva again!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Kagawa10: 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
mekaboy:

I am saying that even if that country runs on 24 hours generator in Nigeria, it's cheaper than steady power in Ghana. Compare MTN sales or profit in Ghana to Nigeria, which place do you think they make more money?

Even with the bad roads and poor power supply.

Read your post again and see if it make sense.

You can't be pdp and be sane.
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by mekaboy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kagawa10:

1 dollar is aproximately 5 cedis whereas we have 360 to 1 dollar here yet you dey yarn Okpata.

Which road investment? How dare you compare road to communication networks? Don't you buy sims, airtime and subscriptions everyday? Can you compare that to road users? Abi dis one is mad ni?

Ok you just realized buhari was among the military you accused, and your asking how many years he was. Every problem in Nigeria is an investment opportunity, including lack of education affecting many buhari supporters.

How many years did Buhari spend during his military regime sef? Abeg.

You know what? I will vote Buhari even if to see this newly constructed railway lines comes to its full completion.

Pdp, neva again!

Your ignorance at work again. So because they removed zeros from their currency makes it equal to the dollar? Is 5 cedis like 5 naira?

Aren't people paying to use roads in Lagos? Where is your brain?
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by mekaboy(m): 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kagawa10:

Read your post again and see if it make sense.

You can't be pdp and be sane.

You have not answered the question. Where does MTN make more money between Nigeria and Ghana?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by caprini1: 1:50pm On Jan 23, 2019
FearGodinall:
. Thanks for finding time to educate this idiot who has convenant with foolishness.
Exactly part of the things I try explaining to people,,,even if ghana increase fuel from the 500 naira per liter to 1000 ,people won't complain much,because other structures are in place to ease the burden....buses have fixed fares ,and there are bus routes to everywhere in Ghana...nobody buys fuel for generators,I stayed in a hotel with Chinese citizens in tema last December,we watch football in the same pub,because nobody is mugging it kidnapping anybody.

ghana is seriously reaping the profits of our mess in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by BlcoChina2018: 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2019
Abeg, you guys should leave Ghana alone! Ghana is just minding its business and trying to improve the lives of its people. Yet the impression I get here on nairaland is that there is big competition going on between Ghana and Nigeria! Why should everything happening in other countries quickly become a direct challenge to Nigeria? Haba, what kind of attitude is that?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by caprini1: 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2019
mekaboy:

Your ignorance at work again. So because they removed zeros from their currency makes it equal to the dollar? Is 5 cedis like 5 naira?

lol...the money thing is always confusing to many Nigerians.....let me educate him in a lay man's term.......if 100 naira which is about 1.4 Ghana cedis buys you two bottles of water,in Nigeria which is 50 naira each ,in Ghana a bottle the size of our 50 naira a bottle of water is 3 cedis ,which is about 200 naira,get it?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Kagawa10: 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2019
mekaboy:

Why don't you make foreign investors do everything for you then? Why do we even have leaders in government when we could have foreign investors? As if it was foreign investors that buit Ghana roads etc. You can't be pdp and be sane. No wonder the clueless Atiku is shouting privatisation everywhere. Yeye.

And yeah, 1 cedis equate to 72 naira. Let that sink in your head.
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Racoon(m): 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Wetin concern investors with your road and where is the road the Dullard is building.You keep saying Never Atiku but has Atiku ever been president?

Hell No! Has Atiku ever been a signatory to any govt account? Hell No, but rather it's you dullard Buhari that has failed as head of state in 1983 & now again in 2019 he has failed.

Buhari has held more executive positions in Nigeria than anyone yet you want to Aboslve him of the blame.NEVER AGAIN Buhari!!!!!
You mind the fella? Deluded poor boy.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Modarun(m): 2:09pm On Jan 23, 2019
So on point Sir. You lock your shop to chase criminals, you cant do business, so have to sack you staffs, they in turn out of frustration take to crime, crimw increases in your business neighbourhood, your former staffs, who happens to knw all about your shop breaks in at night to steal whatever thats remainingvinsode the locked shop.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by bantudra: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2019
dont care about ghana....concentrate on your own self....

is not that i even believe this bullshitt news anyways....

you nigerians need to calculate una selfs than believing what anybody tell una....

nigeria has alot of infrastructure for development than ghana....and that is a fact
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Kagawa10: 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
caprini1:
lol...the money thing is always confusing to many Nigerians.....let me educate him in a lay man's term.......if 100 naira which is about 1.4 Ghana cedis buys you two bottles of water,in Nigeria which is 50 naira each ,in Ghana a bottle the size of our 50 naira a bottle of water is 3 cedis ,which is about 200 naira,get it?
Fact is foreign exchange rate is low. That's one factor foreign investors consider as well as low cost of production and infrastructures. That makes Ghana more conducive for them. Selling their products at high rates is another cherry on the top for them.

All these luxuries we can't afford in Nigeria. You don't expect a foreign investor to invest in a refinery in Nigeria yet be forced to sell his refined petrol at 145 naira, he would rather sell for outsiders. Better still, he would prefer to build his refinery in another country except if Nigeria agrees to sell crude oil at a cheaper price for him.
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by bantudra: 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kagawa10:

Fact is foreign exchange rate is low. That's one factor foreign investors consider as well as low cost of production and infrastructures. That makes Ghana more conducive for them. Selling their products at high rates is another cherry on the top for them.

All these luxuries we can't afford in Nigeria. You don't expect a foreign investor to invest in a refinery in Nigeria yet be forced to sell his refined petrol at 145 naira, he would rather sell for outsiders. Better still, he would prefer to build his refinery in another country except if Nigeria agrees to sell crude oil at a cheaper price for him.

then be happy for ghana...i see no reason to be jealous at ghana because of this news....
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by bantudra: 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2019
ghana money will land in nigeria somehow anyways...nigeria cant loose,if nigeria keep on minding their own business....
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Kagawa10: 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2019
mekaboy:

You have not answered the question. Where does MTN make more money between Nigeria and Ghana?
Dunno. Ghana has free wifi, don't they?
Be waiting for investor to feed you, don't make your leaders accountable for their looting.
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by bantudra: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2019
ghana wins,we win....

do you people even know how many nigerians are in ghana....??....foreign wharever can invest in ghana as they like,but the investment in ghana will land in nigeria too...

both still win....
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Just30: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2019
caprini1:
that right there just show you that
The standard of living in Ghana is higher hence
the high cost of living

The same bottle of water cost one dollars and on most occasions 2 dollars in California
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Just30: 4:41pm On Jan 23, 2019
caprini1:
Exactly part of the things I try explaining to people,,,even if ghana increase fuel from the 500 naira per liter to 1000 ,people won't complain much,because other structures are in place to ease the burden....buses have fixed fares ,and there are bus routes to everywhere in Ghana...nobody buys fuel for generators,I stayed in a hotel with Chinese citizens in tema last December,we watch football in the same pub,because nobody is mugging it kidnapping anybody.

ghana is seriously reaping the profits of our mess in Nigeria.
Correction

Ghana is reaping the profit of it stable environment.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Just30: 4:46pm On Jan 23, 2019
mekaboy:

why do you Nigerians make everything a competition?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by Kingspin(m): 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2019
Is no longer news
Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by mekaboy(m): 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kagawa10:

Why don't you make foreign investors do everything for you then? Why do we even have leaders in government when we could have foreign investors? As if it was foreign investors that buit Ghana roads etc. You can't be pdp and be sane. No wonder the clueless Atiku is shouting privatisation everywhere. Yeye.

And yeah, 1 cedis equate to 72 naira. Let that sink in your head.

Lol. Does it mean they buy pure water with 1 cedi? Do you think people will dash you 1 cedi in Ghana? Keep disgracing yourself. Yes, foreign investors can do everything for you and your country can still work. Even the oil in Ghana was drilled by foreign investors and they will recover their money before Ghana takes over it.

There is no comparison between Ghana and Nigeria in terms of return on investment. Investors simply choose Ghana because they rather make little steady money with a government they can trust than loose everything with a government run by a cabal.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by BlcoChina2018: 8:44pm On Jan 23, 2019
What exactly is your problem? Look, leave Ghana out of your stvpid games,huh? The oil in Nigeria, are there not foreign investors drilling it? When did Nigeria start oil production? By now, oil production should have been handled by indigenous companies. Eni, chevron, shell, exxonMobil are still drill8ng your oil today, and you are talking about foreign investors drilling oil in Ghana that found oil only yesterday?

There is no comparison between Ghana and Nigeria? yet thousands of your people are relocating to Ghana every day?
mekaboy:

Lol. Does it mean they buy pure water with 1 cedi? Do you think people will dash you 1 cedi in Ghana? Keep disgracing yourself. Yes, foreign investors can do everything for you and your country can still work. Even the oil in Ghana was drilled by foreign investors and they will recover their money before Ghana takes over it.

There is no comparison between Ghana and Nigeria in terms of return on investment. Investors simply choose Ghana because they rather make little steady money with a government they can trust than loose everything with a government run by a cabal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by grandstar(m): 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2019
That's about 5% of the country's GDP. That's massive!

If it continues at that level for another 2 years, it could even lead to serious overheating!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment by mekaboy(m): 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2019
BlcoChina2018:
What exactly is your problem? Look, leave Ghana out of your stvpid games,huh? The oil in Nigeria, are there not foreign investors drilling it? When did Nigeria start oil production? By now, oil production should have been handled by indigenous companies. Eni, chevron, shell, exxonMobil are still drill8ng your oil today, and you are talking about foreign investors drilling oil in Ghana that found oil only yesterday?

There is no comparison between Ghana and Nigeria? yet thousands of your people are relocating to Ghana every day?

They are buying . And be careful what you say here, your country is still owing us for gas. We can still shut your country down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Safest Countries Should World War III Break Out / Top 10 Richest Politicians In The World & Their Net Worth / Yorùbá Would Not Be Slaves In Their Land - Mr. Sunday Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.