Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. (3012 Views)

Expect Knocks On Your Door Whether You Go To Daura Or Niger - Tinubu To Buhari / Election Logistics: NURTW Writes INEC, Appoints Coordinators For Lagos, Ondo, Oy / Why Does Nigeria Send Its Crude Oil Outside To Be Refined? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Biodun556(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2019
There is no doubt that dangote refinery is becoming a reality. But where will it source its crude oil?

Why will a right thinking industrialist locate its company far away from the source of raw material? Certainly it is not good idea due to cost of transportation and the risk involved.

It is surfice to say that dangote refinery hope to get its crude oil from Ondo State because lagos and Ondo share border and the local government producing crude oil in Ondo is nearer to Lagos. The Ondo state governor is currently planning to flag off lagos Ondo road which will reduce traffic from the two states to 30 minutes.

Just afte Dangote concluded plans to locate the refiney in its present location, lagos sate also discovered crude oil in commercial quantity in Badagry so there may be no need of running pipeline all the way from Niger Delta to get cude oil when it's abundantly available nearby.

2 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Blue3k(m): 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2019
Dangote can get his oil from anywhere in West Africa and Angola. The oil is being supplied with ships instead of pipelines to avoid disruptions.

9 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by AZeD1(m): 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2019
Biodun556:

Why will a right thinking industrialist locate its company far away from the source of raw material? Certainly it is not good idea due to cost of transportation and the risk involved.

Ask the people who located a refinery in Singapore.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by kayfra: 5:48pm On Jan 23, 2019
Biodun556:
There is no doubt that dangote refinery is becoming a reality. But where will it source its crude oil?

It is surfice to say that dangote refinery hope to get its crude oil from Ondo State because lagos and Ondo share border and the local government producing crude oil in Ondo is nearer to Lagos. The Ondo state governor is currently planning to flag off lagos Ondo road which will reduce traffic from the two states to 30 minutes.

Just afte Dangote concluded plans to locate the refiney in its present location, lagos sate also discovered crude oil in commercial quantity in Badagry so there may be no need of running pipeline all the way from Niger Delta to get cude oil when it's abundantly available nearby.

He can buy crude from anywhere in the world. Don't be so myopic

5 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by darfay: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2019
kayfra:

He can buy crude from anywhere in the world. Don't be so myopic

There is already a pipeline from Niger delta to link to his refinery

3 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Blue3k(m): 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2019
darfay:

There is already a pipeline from Niger delta to link to his refinery

Gas pipeline.

2 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Calers: 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2019
Nigeria
Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by darfay: 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2019
Blue3k:

Gas pipeline.

The oil is also from Niger delta. Or does Nigeria want to import crude oil?
Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Blue3k(m): 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2019
darfay:

The oil is also from Niger delta. Or does Nigeria want to import crude oil?

You can get oil via ships from Niger delta or anywhere else. His refinery can refine light or heavy crude. I read thats what he's doing. I can't remember the article but it's here on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2019
This type of mindset is why Nigeria is still like this.

You people always politicize everything.

BTW, Mr OP, would you build your company in a volatile atea like ND? Don't forget that protests in this axis are always filled with destruction of company properties.

When the Niger Delta Avengers where destroying properties you people were clapping not knowing that the move will chase away investors.

I'm from Delta and I know what I'm saying.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by StOla: 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2019
Whoever is not interested in selling crude oil should hold on to it and watch it remain a natural resource.

Whoever is interested will jostle to be among those selling their own crude oil and watch it turn to money.

Nobody will be begged to sell a commodity that is over surplus in the global market. In such a situation, he who holds the money to buy, holds all the aces.

4 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by grandstar(m): 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2019
Blue3k:

You can get oil via ships from Niger delta or anywhere else. His refinery can refine light or heavy crude. I read thats what he's doing. I can't remember the article but it's here on nairaland.

darfay

he is also importing some crude. He is therefore not 100% reliant on Nigerian crude

Kasala go burst when government wan make hin sell his petrol at subsidised price!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by stev120(m): 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kastina
Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Litmus: 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2019
kingkakaone:

Mr OP, would you build your company in a volatile atea like ND? Don't forget that protests in this axis are always filled with destruction of company properties.

When the Niger Delta Avengers where destroying properties you people were clapping not knowing that the move will chase away investors.

I'm from Delta and I know what I'm saying.

Tok am, Warri is now comatose becuse of all the kidnapings or so i hear.

3 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by vaxx: 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2019
Biodun556:

Ghana , ivory coast all have a working refinery when oil was yet to be detected in their region. it doesn't matter where the oil is out sourced. dangote will.be much interested in logistics and cheap labour. lagos has all that qualities. the refined product can easily find its way out of Nigeria quicker and cheaper than refinary located in kaduna.
Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by lionness(f): 8:06pm On Jan 23, 2019
What If we can ship the oil from ND down to America and Brazil which are millions of kilometers away, then what is wrong if it's shipped to Lagos which is just some couple miles away. And besides, who told you Dangote didn't want to build the refinery close to the ND, at first he tried to locate it in Ondo, a state that shares borders with the ND but the then governor Olusegun Mimiko asked for $10m for settlement. Immediately Tinubu heard about this, he directed Fashola to make the land available for the tycoon for totally free. And who told you that this is the only refinery been constructed in Lagos, another one capable of refining 250 barrels per day is been constructed by the Chinese in Aradagun, Badagry.
Tinubu is a man of vision, and people can hate him for whatever reason, but I'm sure if it wasn't for his passion, Lagos will be another pigshyt state like most of the states in the country. He created the land for the Chagourys for Eko Atlantic and also for Oriental and other massive projects.
And if the ND doesn't want their oil refined, they can take it to America or Israel for all I care!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Guestlander: 9:00pm On Jan 23, 2019
Biodun556:

If foreign countries can import crude from Nigeria and transport it all the way to their countries to refine why is it strange to you that a refinery could be sited anywhere in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2019
Litmus:

Most oil companies left warri due to tribal war and also kidnapping and it is telling on the state now.

Who will site his company in a volatile environment?

5 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Tomide007: 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2019
Dangote group has constructed underwater pipeline right from the Niger delta .it is the largest sub-sea pipeline in the world, and it's underwater to prevent against vandalism. It's is a 1100km pipeline .the refinery is also the largest single line refinery in the world . The refinery also has the capacity to store 4 billion litres of products which is about 110 ships...so whether from export or locally produced dangote refinery ready to refine.

3 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by RZArecta(m): 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2019
Too many ignorant nonces on this thread talking rubbish with over bloated confidence cool
Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by mu2sa2: 10:42pm On Jan 23, 2019
Let me see the first person that will call Dangote a goro chewing, useless hausa northern Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Caseless: 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2019
The OP is a "Na-we-oil" chanter.

1 Like

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by dreamwords: 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2019
From ogun state I presume
Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Efewestern: 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2019
Litmus:

THERE IS NO kidnapping in Warri, Warri is one of the most peaceful city in Nigeria, aside from the last crisis we haven't had any serious life threatening crisis, I think we should confirm our information before spilling out on a public forum like this.

Dangote citing is refinery in Lagos has nothing to do with the instability in some parts of the Delta, he initially wanted to cite the project in Ondo, but the then governor goofed and Lagos wooed him.

3 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Efewestern: 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2019
kingkakaone:

Most oil companies left warri due to tribal war and also kidnapping and it is telling on the state now.

Who will site his company in a volatile environment?

Agreed most companies left Warri during the last warri crisis, but Warri is now peaceful, there haven't been any serious issues since the last clash.

You made mention of kidnapping, please where do you guys get your information from?, there is no such thing as kidnapping in the city.
Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by obailala(m): 12:31am On Jan 24, 2019
Biodun556:

Refinery operators from far away India and from some European countries come all the way to Nigeria to buy crude. Lagos is a stone-throw away from the niger-delta, so there's nothing complicated about Dangote buying and shipping or piping his crude from the niger delta.

1 Like

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by obailala(m): 12:37am On Jan 24, 2019
Efewestern:

Agreed most companies left Warri during the last warri crisis, but Warri is now peaceful, there haven't been any serious issues since the last clash.

You made mention of kidnapping, please where do you guys get your information from?, there is no such thing as kidnapping in the city.
Shoprite has opened several outlets in different cities in Nigeria. The very first time they considered Delta state and opened a branch in Warri. In less than 6 months, the complex was attacked, looted and vandalised by some idiots who called themselves 'youths'. The problem with Warri isnt the communal clashes; in fact, companies and businesses were never even attacked during those clashes. The real problem in the city are those idiotic youths that go from street to street attacking businesses.

4 Likes

Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 24, 2019
Efewestern:

Brother I'm from Delta State and I lived in warri before work took me to Port Harcourt though I visit my mom who lives in Sapele during breaks.

Kidnapping is still active in warri plus Yahoo boys, including street guys claiming "deve" up and down.
Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 24, 2019
obailala:
Shoprite has opened several outlets in different cities in Nigeria. The very first time they considered Delta state and opened a branch in Warri. In less than 6 months, the complex was attacked, looted and vandalised by some idiots who called themselves 'youths'. The problem with Warri isnt the communal clashes; in fact, companies and businesses were never even attacked during those clashes. The real problem in the city are those idiotic youths that go from street to street attacking businesses.
Very correct bro. Most of the employees at ShopRite are even from uvwie self. Imagine what they did, what if they didn't employ their indigens? That would have been their excuse.

The fact that I'm from Delta State shouldn't make me hide facts that are holding the city down.

When protests from those nonsense youths start, they always attack company properties. Which company would want to be building vandalized properties on yearly basis.
Re: Where will dangote refinery source its crude oil? Lagos, Ondo or Niger Delta. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 24, 2019
Tomide007:
Dangote group has constructed underwater pipeline right from the Niger delta .it is the largest sub-sea pipeline in the world, and it's underwater to prevent against vandalism. It's is a 1100km pipeline .the refinery is also the largest single line refinery in the world . The refinery also has the capacity to store 4 billion litres of products which is about 110 ships...so whether from export or locally produced dangote refinery ready to refine.

When was this done. Who was the contractor. Are you sure this info is correct. 1100km pipeline cannot be done quietly in Nigeria. It will soak lots of unemployed but experienced Nigerian workers.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

South East Should Produce President In 2023: Reno Omokri / Top 10 Highest Paid Leaders In The World (no. 1 Is 35% Of Our 2020 Budget) / UN: Top 10 Happiest (and Saddest) Countries In Africa (2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.