Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki (13212 Views)

Stop Referring To Daniel Bwala As My Aide, Atiku Tells Nigerians / Atiku Didn’t Meet Conditions To Win, INEC Tells Tribunal / Atiku Didn’t Reply To Our Invitation — Chatham House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by GistersNG: 3:54am On Jan 24, 2019
Senate President Bukola Saraki says the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party Atiku Abubakar did not travel to the United States as his aide.

The ruling All Progressives Congress had claimed Atiku was granted an entry visa to the US because he posed as an aide to Saraki.

Speaking on AIT’s Kakaaki programme on Wednesday, Saraki, who is the Director-General, Atiku Abubakar Campaign Organisation, described the allegation as “ridiculous”.

He said, “These are desperate claims. When you are campaigning and you see that you have suffered a setback, just move on and don’t make a fool of yourself. To say Atiku travelled on my merit is not true.

“He applied for his visa and was given. And he was invited to attend functions (in the US). How do you do that? How do you travel as an aide? That is ridiculous! They know it. It is very difficult for them to respond because they have sold a lot of propaganda and lies to Nigerians.”

The former Kwara State governor added, “I remember when we sat a lot of young people down when we started and introduced him (Atiku) as our candidate and they said they would support him because he had a good agenda for the youths, and knew how to create jobs. But their concern was that the government said Atiku could not travel to America and they asked, ‘how can we have a President that cannot travel to America?’

“And he (Atiku) always said it was not a problem but it was important for us to address the problem and put it behind us, and because the other party was using it as propaganda, we decided to go to America, and instead of them to keep quiet and move on, they said he went as my aide.”

Saraki also lambasted the Muhammadu Buhari government for operating an opaque fuel subsidy regime.

The Senate President, who exposed subsidy fraud at the National Assembly in 2011, claimed the situation had not changed.

He admitted that corruption thrived under former President Goodluck Jonathan’s subsidy regime, but argued that the situation had worsened under the Buhari government, because they give money that was not approved by the National Assembly to marketers.

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/atiku-didnt-travel-to-us-as-my-aide-saraki

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by GistersNG: 3:54am On Jan 24, 2019
Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by pyyxxaro: 3:58am On Jan 24, 2019
If there like make there even call am houseboy , nanny , babysitter, cook , obioma etc

All i know is , in ATIKU we Trust cool

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by DoctorGenerator: 4:10am On Jan 24, 2019
So funny, how can a presidential candidate of African biggest political party goes to American has an aid. What a riddiculous and funny allegation.

34 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by Alexandro15: 4:31am On Jan 24, 2019
Nigerians know that APC are criminals and liars, and Lai Mohammed is the greatest liarof them all. undecided

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by miracle956: 4:48am On Jan 24, 2019
How can people believe such

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by espeeroke: 4:48am On Jan 24, 2019
H
Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by starbuck(f): 4:50am On Jan 24, 2019
Atiku should continue giving them their bitter pills because it will definitely hook them for throat grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by femmy2010(m): 4:50am On Jan 24, 2019
Even if he did he sure wont confirm it .

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by akilo1: 4:52am On Jan 24, 2019
Ok
Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by SEONaijaExpert: 4:52am On Jan 24, 2019
We know the truth already. That's a show of shame.

Saraki forcing what cannot be.

Atiku was listed as an entourage to Saraki. He had to be introducing him.

People Deceiving People

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 24, 2019
Till APC

..prove it they should kept shut

.Atiku will bomb Kaduna today

cool

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by espeeroke: 4:53am On Jan 24, 2019
We knew that was another lie from the kitty of the 'Legion of greater liars', APC

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by optimismlaz(m): 4:55am On Jan 24, 2019
Atikulation is the answer

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by vastolord4(m): 4:55am On Jan 24, 2019
We know lairs in APC government.. they look like ugly nerds

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by Allem(m): 4:56am On Jan 24, 2019
I have heard you. Hope the plane wasn't turning on e own
Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by vastolord4(m): 4:56am On Jan 24, 2019
APC will burn like the broom that they are

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by chibykem(m): 4:58am On Jan 24, 2019
APC dey always find excuse since twenty-15!
Anyway! God go help me punish the two biggest party for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by Nobody: 4:59am On Jan 24, 2019
We know them for their lies...

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by Pabloosas(m): 5:01am On Jan 24, 2019
We know jhor

1 Like

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by bixton(m): 5:03am On Jan 24, 2019
He admitted that corruption thrived under former President Goodluck Jonathan’s subsidy regime, but argued that the situation had worsened under the Buhari government, because they give money that was not approved by the National Assembly to marketers.

Because PMB have refused to lobby his way by gifting them monies any time they want they are forming abiding by the constitution.
In as much as there are faults as to how PMB is piloting the affairs of the country, his handlers are the problems.
Given that, this particular election is specifically an election between the few elites and the psychologically automated controlled masses.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by johnjay4u2u(m): 5:06am On Jan 24, 2019
Who takes APC serious again.
Oh I forgot, zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by hazardneymar: 5:06am On Jan 24, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by InaNla(f): 5:10am On Jan 24, 2019
That was only in the imagination of APC

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by richidinho(m): 5:10am On Jan 24, 2019
bixton:

Because PMB have refused to lobby his way by gifting them monies any time they want they are forming abiding by the constitution.
In as much as there are faults as to how PMB is piloting the affairs of the country, his handlers are the problems.
Given that, this particular election is specifically an election between the few elites and the psychologically automated controlled masses.

This one Xombeism is already in the chronic level, we cant do anything

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by InaNla(f): 5:11am On Jan 24, 2019
bixton:

Keep deceiving yourself.

When Buari is probed, you will be so confuse with the level of looting under his watch.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by akeentech(m): 5:12am On Jan 24, 2019
He sha enta Amelika

1 Like

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by Kingspin(m): 5:18am On Jan 24, 2019
APC lying against themselves.

I'm not a child to believe whatever APC or some party is saying

Forget about whatever view one hold at some time. If you have been following real Nigeria politics who can understand whatever thing politicians are doing.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by jlinkd78(m): 5:19am On Jan 24, 2019
We know already

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by supereagle(m): 5:20am On Jan 24, 2019
“OBASANJO’S SENSE OF JUDGEMENT” – Lt.Gen Alani Akinrinade
Obasanjo asking Nigerians to vote for Atiku is an insult to our collective intelligence. With the benefit of hindsight, can anyone truly say Obasanjo’s sense of judgment in choosing leaders can be trusted? Some of us who knew him in the military and were privileged to see him operate during the civil war know if there is one thing Obasanjo is not blessed with, it is a good sense of judgment. Nigeria unnecessarily lost thousands of soldiers because of his poor judgment at the war front. But for the paucity of arms, ammunition and food, the Biafrans would have turned the tide against the Nigerian Army. Alabi Isama has done justice to this topic in his book – The tragedy of Victory - so one need not repeat.
Take a look at history. Through the clandestine manoeuvres in 1979, he foisted on Nigeria a reluctant Shehu Shagari at the expense of a cerebral Obafemi Awolowo or Nnamdi Azikwe. After his second coming, he so manipulated the electoral system such that he fraudulently installed an unhealthy Umaru Yar’Adua as president alongside another reluctant character in the person Goodluck Jonathan as the deputy. He denied every other interested member of his party while employing all sorts of machinations including threat and blackmail. Then came 2015, he told Nigerians Buhari is the best man for the job. As he has done to every presidential candidate he installed or supported, a few years down the line, he says Buhari is unfit for the job again.
What do you say to a man who once gave a damaging testimonial against an employee now coming back to tell you to employ the same employee as the CEO of your organization? What do you say to a man who once said “with what I know of Atiku, if I support him to be president of Nigeria, God will not forgive me”? What do you say of a man who once tore his party card in the open glare but is now promoting the same party? What do you say of a man who said he was going to create a “third force”, fooled some impressionable characters to buy into such idea and later left them in the lurch to return to his vomit? The bible says something about such people – “a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways”- James 1:8. Obasanjo is not a man whose judgment can be trusted. Period! I am warning Nigerians not to fall prey to Obasanjo’s antics again. Remember the saying – “fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me”. How many times have Obasanjo fooled Nigerians?
But I don’t blame him. I blame the Nigerian media who have continued to give him an undeserved attention thereby misusing their agenda setting function. The Nigerian media appear to have forgotten they are indeed the fourth estate of the realm. They are gatekeepers. They owe Nigerians the responsibility of keeping this irritable man where he belongs - the waste-bin of history. Like his daughter - Iyabo reminded him in her letter, Nigeria does not belong to him. He should allow Nigerians choose who they want and stop goading the citizenry for his own selfish interests.
Lt.General Alani Akinrinade (Rtd)

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Didn’t Travel To US As My Aide - Saraki by Kingspin(m): 5:22am On Jan 24, 2019
The man above me is Speaking English

Vote Atiku
Vote Atiku
VoteVote Atiku Atiku
Vote Atiku Vote Atiku VoteAtiku
Vote Atiku
Vote Atiku
VoteVote Atiku Atiku
Vote Atiku Vote Atiku VoteAtiku

He is better than the man right there right now.

No be me send Apc to submit deaf and dump candidate.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu Says APC Without Buhari May Face Difficulty In 2023 / Abure Carries Moral Leprosy, No Longer Labour Party Chairman - NLC HQs / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.