Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

What Do You Think About Women Participation In This Dispensation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About Women Participation In This Dispensation? (287 Views)

APC Campaigns: Tinubu, Shettima’s Wives Seek Women’s Participation / Soludo Visits Ekwulobia Prison, Promises Speedy Dispensation Of Justice / First Lady Calls For More Women Participation In Mining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Women Participation In This Dispensation? by noblejames: 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2019
For me I believe is very encouraging.
Women participation in the Nigerian politics has been on the sideline in the past. It is vividly visible that in this present dispensation, women participation surges up to a greater height. It is an encouraging thing to hear that women participation in the Nigerian politics has gone up to a considerable level. This shows that the women are ready and eager to take the mantle of leadership from their male counterparts. This sudden increase in the level of women participation in the politics means that they are no longer ready to be in the other room. It means their recognition of the fact that they have potentials and can render good governance better their male counterparts.

Also it means that they have come to terms with the reality that they are rich with great leadership skills. This sudden immense women participation would mean that they are saying enough is enough to the scourging situation in the country. That in them is the answer to all the political maladies that we are facing in this country. The evidence on ground is that women and their children suffer the most if things go wrong in any country. Therefore, because of the abysmal level of the economy and security situation in the country it’s timely for women participation.

The strength of women participation is seen in the last presidential debate for 2019 general election. In the vice presidential debate we saw two young women who participated actively. And in the presidential debate we saw a woman among them. And she comparatively matches her co-debaters words for words and action for action. However, to the extent we have seen women participation in the Nigerian politics lately means something we cannot overlook. It somehow depicts that Nigeria is gearing towards having a woman at the helm of affairs. This may not go down well with male folks, considering the patriarchal nature of our society.

And the reality is that the women are here and there is no sign of going back from them. Therefore, what the men and the Nigerian society should do is to embrace the reality and accept it. And not just accepting it, but look for a way to help them to have that solid background and platform that will help them harness their potentials.

Fairness in the game of politics will help them have better background. The men should not by any means intimidate them with their resources. The patriarchal system mentality should be put aside in order to harness their potentials. Considering the fact that evidences have shown in our individual families that mothers are good home managers. The truth therefore, is that if they can manage their nuclear families aptly, such wisdom can be translated in the management of society.
However, There are good candidates that do not have the necessary fund but they have the withal to run a good government. These categories among the women should be supported. And the society will harvest the best out of them and use it in nation building. Evidences reveal that many countries that women are at the helm of affair are being managed properly. Their economy is on a sound footing and they are enjoying the maximum support from their citizens. Nigerian case shouldn’t be different from what is obtainable from other countries.

Source: https://www.talkingchristianityng.com/2019/01/24/women-participation/
Re: What Do You Think About Women Participation In This Dispensation? by Blue3k(m): 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
It somehow depicts that Nigeria is gearing towards having a woman at the helm of affairs. This may not go down well with male folks, considering the patriarchal nature of our society.

I dont understand the authors issue with patriarchy or why its keeps being brought uo. The fact is this legally woman always had right to vote and were free to contest and form their own parties. Lol funny in this patriarchal society the government at federal and state level has ministry of women affairs. Its usually run by women.

The men should not by any means intimidate them with their resources. The patriarchal system mentality should be put aside in order to harness their potentials. 

What is this statements supposed to mean? Money and politics go hand in hand because campaigns are expensive. Thats why lobbies and special interests groups have sway with certain politicians.i dont see the so called patriarchy holding women back. Instead I see politicians pandering to women and youths. They say elect me andI have a quota of x percentage women and youth in certain positions.
Re: What Do You Think About Women Participation In This Dispensation? by noblejames: 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
Blue3k:

I dont understand the authors issue with patriarchy or why its keeps being brought uo. The fact is this legally woman always had right to vote and were free to contest and form their own parties. Lol funny in this patriarchal society the government at federal and state level has ministry of women affairs. Its usually run by women.

What is this statements supposed to mean? Money and politics go hand in hand because campaigns are expensive. Thats why lobbies and special interests groups have sway with certain politicians.i dont see the so called patriarchy holding women back. Instead I see politicians pandering to women and youths. They say elect me and I have a quota of x percentage women and youth in certain positions.
But this somehow has denied us some good leadership we would have enjoyed from our women folks. I am of the opinion that some level ground should be created in order for women and youths to have the leverage to be involved in politics. The way things are going especially in Nigeria, politics will always belong to these group that have made money. Worse still is that this money is being made from our resources and at the same time they use to construe us. Just check it 55million for presidential race!

(1) (Reply)

When Women Lead / PDP Suspends Atiku’s Campaign Over Sacking Of CJN Onnoghen / Buhari, APC Senators To Meet Over Onnoghen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.