Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola (1777 Views)

Adaeze Yobo's Mum Stalking Her On Social Media / Fan Calls Out Omotola For Dressing Too Sexy For A Married Woman & She Claps Back / Women Won't Let Me Rest - Benedict Johnson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by AloyEmeka5: 2:20am On Aug 17, 2010
[size=14pt]My battle with men’s advances is worse as a married woman – Omotola[/size]
By ADEOLA BALOGUN
Saturday, 14 Aug 2010

Omotola

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is one of the most familiar faces in the Nigerian movie industry. Five years ago, when it looked like the industry was troubled, she diversified into music and came out with an album. She speaks with ADEOLA BALOGUN about her music and marital life.

T here are reports in the media that you are back in the studio. What is it all about?

It is about my second album. I have been on it for two years. Now, it is ready. We will be launching it in September. I have shot about four videos now; one has been released and the other one will be released shortly.

I heard that you shot your videos in South Africa.

Well, three of them were shot here in Nigeria; two are being shot in South Africa. One is out, the other one is not yet out. I am not one of those who believe in shooting videos in foreign lands. What happened arose totally out of necessity. It was because the person I wanted to do it lives there; not necessarily that I am crazy about having my videos shot outside.

So, how many do you intend to shoot before you release the album? Or are you planning to bring everything out at the same time?

That has always been my dream, even with my first album. I really wanted to shoot all my videos. This is because I believe that videos don’t necessarily have to be big budget jobs. I have seen videos of international acts such as Celine Dion, and sometimes, they are very simple videos. I would love to shoot all my videos, though I know that there is economic downturn. But we will do our best.

Are you affected by the downturn?

Well, I guess the whole world is affected, but I am not going to say it is a personal worry.

Contrary to the popular thinking that you only strayed into music by accident, you seem to have suddenly turned into a musician,

Suddenly? Well, I have been doing music since 2005. Remember, that is about five years ago.

Of course, I remember that you went into it when you and some other big stars in Nollywood had crisis and some of you were banned from acting.

And that is what I was trying to make people understand. But I just realise that sometimes, you do your bit and leave the rest for time. Basically, what I am trying to say is that at that time, it was unfortunate that it coincided with the period a lot of my colleagues were coming out to sing. It was not something that I started planning that year. I had planned the album, Gba, which came out in 2005, for two years. When it came out, people started saying ‘oh, everybody is now taking to music.’ It was not like that. It was something I had wanted to do. Music is a career for me, and a very emotional one at that, because I write my songs and sing from my heart. I sing my life when I am singing, whether you like it or not. I sing what I feel in my spirit; what I feel in my heart. And I drew closer actually to my music career because like acting, it is a gift also. But while I act out other people’s lives, I feel like most times, I am singing about myself or about things that are very close to me or things that I believe in.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201008146102081
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by AloyEmeka5: 2:21am On Aug 17, 2010
Someborry tell Sauron to back off please. Omotola is married.
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by chika98: 2:24am On Aug 17, 2010
Known fact. People tend to be more interested when one is taken or married. Happens to both men and women
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 17, 2010
I dont blame them. If I was a man, I'd be on her like tail on a dog. grin tongue
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by bawomolo(m): 2:49am On Aug 17, 2010
some of these celebs just like to run their mouth in interviews
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by ikamefa(f): 3:52am On Aug 17, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

where did @ topic get that nosense pix?

her hair is jacked up! "  grin "

natural hair plus straightweave?  grin grin

only in 9ja, whaaaat! her stylist and hair dressers should be sacked
grin
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by AloyEmeka5: 4:13am On Aug 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I dont blame them. If I was a man, I'd be on her like tail on a dog.  grin  tongue

You lost some weight huh. You better watch your back now because men will be stalking you too.
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 17, 2010
"Ago" aloy, ago. 75lbs more. cool
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by spikedcylinder: 7:09am On Aug 17, 2010
Apparently, as her battle with men gets worse, so does her battle with weaves. Symbiotic? cheesy
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by philip0906(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2010
She sure is d most beautiful actress in Nigeria. . .Good thing is that she is married though(atleast).not like dat hustler called genevieve nnaji who is still claiming single mother. . .I loff Omotola grin grin
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by AloyEmeka5: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

"Ago" aloy, ago. 75lbs more. cool

year ago, you must be reaping the diviends now na. No wonder Ezuche is following like bee on honey. You look good tho and I am being sincere.
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by philip0906(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^
Is dat ileke-idi shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2010
ileke idiotic is toyin?
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2010
jennykadry:

ileke idiotic is toyin?
Jenny, e be like say we dey fight before? Remind me.

@aloy
thanks
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2010
This Omotola too talk.

Even her husband sef. Soon her children will start giving interviews.
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by mamagee3(f): 7:35pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^She tries so hard to be in the spotlight.

I wonder how her husband feels when he reads some of those interviews she gives.

She's just ridiculous!
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2010
Even the husband mouth wide like that big fry pan wey them dey use fry garri!

They all have the OMOUTHOLA syndrome.
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by mamagee3(f): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2010
michelin89:

grin grin grin grin

And to think she's a married woman saying this publicly?
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by strokein(f): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2010
michelin89:

Lmao @ the bolded cheesy cheesy
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by AloyEmeka5: 2:39am On Aug 18, 2010
michelin89:

roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by shilling(f): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2010
She's so blonde!! Like wth, and what's with the air-head journos giving her the opportunity to tell her stories. Who freakin' cares?
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by googles: 10:49am On Aug 18, 2010
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

This woman has capital issues. . . . .

ikamefa:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

where did @ topic get that nosense pix?

her hair is jacked up! "  grin "

natural hair plus straightweave?  grin grin

only in 9ja, whaaaat! her stylist and hair dressers should be sacked
grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by MrCork1: 11:37am On Aug 18, 2010
RUBBISH, how can Men stalk u when u dont even have Nyansh?? RUBBISH!!!!
Re: Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola by Seun(m): 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2010
Topic locked for being misleading. There's nothing about men chasing Omotola in the excerpt you posted.

(1)

~Video:Jodie Odiete Debuts With The Chart Topping Single'kuchi Kuchi'~ / Twitter Buzz: Covenant University "rumoured" Virginity Test / Mi, Wizkid Flaunt Newly-acquired Luxurious Automobiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.