Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads (28971 Views)

NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery / President Buhari Signs Executive Order 11 (Full Text & Photos) / Is Nigeria The Costliest Place In The World To Build Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Femsyn(m): 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has signed and executive order allowing private companies build federal roads in the country.

The Executive Order 007 2019, signed by the president, is on Road Infrastructure Development and Refurbishment Investment Tax Credit Scheme.

The president signed the order on Friday inside the council chamber of State House, Abuja.

The new order will allow private companies such as the Dangote Group, Unilver, and Lafarge Africa construct major roads across the country and be paid in the form of tax credit.

Nigeria ranks 11th on the list of countries with the world’s worst road quality and network, according go the Global Competitive Index of 2018.

Under federal laws, public roads are constructed and maintained by the government, but poor funding has seen key roads left unattended to for years, causing car accidents.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/307943-breaking-buhari-signs-executive-order-allowing-private-companies-to-build-federal-roads.html

52 Likes 10 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by majamajic(m): 4:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
sauce pls !!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by gaby(m): 4:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
If indeed true, this will be a great step in the right direction. But the Government musn't be derilict in it's oversight or supervisory role through the relevant agencies to ensure standards are maintained uniformedly.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Stalwert: 4:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
[s]
Pharaoh350s:
Leaving your duty for others
Like for ATIKU
Share for BUHARI
[/s]

Like beggars everywhere.... But Atiku searching for FDI upadan is not working leaving duties for others.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Baawaa(m): 4:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
God bless Buhari

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by freemanbubble: 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Isorigtt
Can private sector build a street road not to talk of federal government road

If you have worked in any government projects then you will realise that individual or private companies can't single handedly carry out such task except government should assist them.

Nigeria government dey use money mennnnn. Don't be deceived with the amounts used in awarding any project. When the project starts billions will go down

Worked in ihovbor electrical power plant in Edo state
The money been used in day alone runs into billions
Even dangote won't dare to release such money for five years.

Even if any private organisation should do it then proper investigation will reveal that government is assisting them.
They can't they will run out of cash

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by SEONaijaExpert: 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
This is wisdom!

President Buhari is a great thinker.

I've been expecting this move since the progress of the concrete road done by Dangote in Abuja.

I'm happy about this, to Nigerians, it doesn't matter if they design the roundabout in their name what we need is good road.

Furthermore, this is commendable because of the mode of payment. It's not going to be a contract awarded to any company but a gradual deduction via tax.

This is highly commendable!

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Baawaa(m): 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
Pharaoh350s:
Like for ATIKU
Share for BUHARI
For real corruption has drain your brain, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by banty: 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
gaby:
If indeed true, this will be a great step in the right direction. But the Government musn't be derilict in it's oversight or supervisory role through the relevant agencies to ensure standards are maintained uniformedly.
it's as simple as selling off the nation if you know you know

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Sheriman(m): 4:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
Let them even sell the whole Nigeria to the Highest Bidder

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by greggng: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
That is why I like this man. I only hope the enemies of Nigeria will allow him finish the good job he has started

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
The new order will allow private companies such as the Dangote Group, Unilver, and Lafarge Africa construct major roads across the country and be paid in the form of tax credit.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI for all the good works he is doing as he takes us to the NEXT LEVEL, AKA, a land flowing with milk and honey.

Good CSR for the companies at the same time.
Win-Win situation for both parties involved.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by ClearFlair: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
God bless PMB!!

Atiku is a criminal and therefore attracts criminals like him..both big time and small time criminals. These criminals are very good at manipulating people so you have to be careful about what you read online. They twist stories, make up stories and try to paint the head thief as a righteous man. Please open your eyes...these agents of the devil are everywhere on Nairaland and they are very desperate.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Kingspin(m): 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
Nigeria is the only country that sign bills that are complicated or sometimes wouldn't work.
Just visit the ministry responsible you will go home frustrated even after we celebrated those bills online.
I once visited the Ministry of Education, Abuja. Going there I was thinking par capital of Nigeria, the service would be standard and different. Behold, it is the same behaviour back in my state. I give up!

In Nigeria situation am Mr. Thomas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
greggng:
That is why I like this man. I only hope the enemies of Nigeria will allow him finish the good job he has started
God will always be his GUIDE AND GUARD from the evil ones, just as he has been doing all his life.

He doesn't make noise, Baba will just do his thing and move to the next one.

Again, GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI and GOD bless you too Mr Greg

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by goaldynboy: 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2019
Though it is a step in the right direction. It is already too late for him! Nigerians has rejected Buhari

Those that will not vote Buhari in February 2019 Presidential election and their reasons:

1. Shitte Muslims because of the wanton and reckless massacre and incarceration of their members by Buhari government;

2. Reasonable Nigerians who can see that Buhari is taking Nigeria to nowhere. Instead of taking the country to Canaan, Buhari (Actually the Cabal) is taking Nigeria to the deepest dungeon in the farthest part of wilderness;

3. North Central States because Buhari has been protecting and defending Fulani Killer Herdsmen that has been killing them, raping them and Snatching their ancestral lands;

4. Southeast States because Buhari called them 5% and arrogantly marginalised them by by conspicuously neglecting their region. Buhari also massacred their sons when he transformed to python;

5. Southsouth States because Buhari called them 5% and refused to site a single federal project in the region. The abandoned Ogoni clean up comes to mind;

6. Reasonable Southwest individuals who wants the good and progress of Nigeria and does not ass lick Tinubu and can clearly see that Buhari is a yoyo being teleguided by a selfish cabal!

7. Reasonable Muslims who cherish the unity of Nigeria and have seen the divisive, clanish and nepotistic government of Buhari;

9. Over 9 Million youths that lost their jobs since 2015. To add salt to injury, Buhari insulted these youths by calling them lazy;

10. Nigerian women whom Buhari dispised and stubbornly refused to integrate into his government. Buhari also demeaned Nigerian women by blabbing that they belong to the kitchen and the other room!!

11. Real Christians who can see that Buhari's government emanated from the pit of hell!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Cletus77(m): 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
Three simple words..

Election gra gra

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Stephendeals: 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
grin

I am of the opinion that Elections should be done every 2 years if not for the huge cost of Elections, because antecedent have shown most Nigerian Politicians borrow a little bit of sense and become active close to election

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by gentlegenius(m): 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
So, what the dullard cannot do in 4 years, he want private companies to do for him?
Never again shall an illiterate rule the literates.
Atikulation everywhere...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by gaby(m): 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
banty:
it's as simple as selling off the nation if you know you know

Can you please expatiate more on the above in relation to PPP...?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by 222Martins(m): 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
shocked shocked shocked Is it for federal roads only?? Or roads owned by all tiers of government?? I ask because i know individuals and companies, mine included that have tarred streets and long stretch of roads.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by discusant: 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
OYA, DANGOTE OVER TO YOU.

CNN ADVERTS CANNOT CONTINUE TO GULP THE PROFITS YOU MADE ON NIGERIAN ROADS.

YOUR TRUCKS DON FINISH NIGERIAN ROADS.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Kingspin(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
greggng:
Are you talking about Buhari or the cabals?? How many times they told you he is not in charge.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by millionboi2: 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
This will increase nepotism
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
gaby:
private companies are more likely to give us a higher standard than government

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by oluwasegun007(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
Since the days of tunde idiagbon
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2019
Pharaoh350s:
A 5 year old boy brain works better than this!

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tanko Muhammad: Termites Ate My School Certificates, - New CJN Says / I Still Cook For Husband -aisha Buhari / Osinbajo: I Am The First Born Again Vice President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.