Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension (34524 Views)

Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Senators Attempt To Reconvene The National Assembly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by Ivoryd1: 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Any work he is doing is automatically null and void or maybe he is doing in it in his personal capacity as a clown

The president is the law....he has suspended the cjn and appointed another as acting cjn which is within his powers.....lemme see who in this nigeria can reverse the law except the president himself though the court can pass a judgment against the order, the president can choose either to obey or not....even the national assembly cant reverse it , they can only make noise on it and pass a fufu resolution that can't be enforced....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by saintandsinnerz: 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2019
jamesify:

Bros. Better pack your bag and leave Nigeria. Baba is coming back. I am afraid you might consider suicide.
It is you and your whole family that will consider suicide.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by jamace(m): 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
Clerverly:
A Source? No credible link?

They just want to come and make noise and pass unenforceable motions to massages the egos of the ipob yoots.

Retired Justice Onnoghen Walter Wike Is A Goner Already, every other thing is mere academics.
EFCC Files Fraud Charges against CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar ……..https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/02/03/efcc-files-fraud-charges-against-cct-chairman-danladi-umar/

This case is over a one year now. Why has Buhari not suspended the CCT Chairman? Because of Buhari's nepotism, of course

Buhari is not fighting corruption but just fulfilling a deliberate ethno-political cleansing
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by drlateef: 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
saintandsinnerz:
That's good, they should immediately initiate impeachment move against the wicked tyrant we have as president. If the senate fails to impeach this man, then I will know they don't have balls. I can't believe in the life of me that Nigeria can have somebody as daft as Buhari as president. The worst part is the some idiiots are clamouring for his re-election. I always believe that those clamouring for the tyrant to continue are suffering from down syndrome.

Is it only PDP senators that will vote? Yeye dey smell? Any impeachment is dead on arrival. In fact Saraki may get impeached in annoyance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by mechanics(m): 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2019
Unserious people, I thought they said they have postponed their sitting till after the presidential election?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by nelxxy(m): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ivoryd1:

The president is the law....he has suspended the cjn and appointed another as acting cjn which is within his powers.....lemme see who in this nigeria can reverse the law except the president himself though the court can pass a judgment against the order, the president can choose either to obey or not....even the national assembly cant reverse it , they can only make noise on it and pass a fufu resolution that can't be enforced....
iranu
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by rusher14: 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
Zionbel:
For those quoting that PMB followed due process by banking on the order from CCT to suspend the CJN.
How dumb! Do you realise that the CCT doesn't have the legal authority to recommend the suspension or removal of the CJN. And not even a presidential veto.
That power is vested on only the Nigeria Judicial Council and Senate. To this end PMB has breached the constitution

How many times do you need to be told he wasn't removed but suspended?
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
Neoteny:
Eew

For this alone he deserved to be suspended
You should have put 'graphic picture' cool

1 Like

Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by mank1234(m): 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
MobilityExpress:
PDP are just putting the CJN in more trouble by going all out to defend the CJN, even to the point of suspending their campaign. This will just put the CJN in the spotlight for EFCC and DSS to probe further. And by the time they do, I'm sure they will find more millions of dollars in the forgetful CJN's pockets. I will advice the CJN to just cooperate and cut a deal to get a soft landing, retire with full benefits and move on, otherwise, this battle might cost him too much to bear. PDP's actions are too suspicious and it looks like they were depending on the CJN controlled courts to win the elections, not by votes. That plan has collapsed. Ndo! grin

Their protest is only suspect to few of you. I would have towed your line of thought if Buhari wasn't gunning for 2nd term. As it is, his intentions can easily be inferred.

Also, if he didn't delay the confirmation of the CJN for no reason, it would have been easier to accept this one.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by mank1234(m): 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
rusher14:

How many times do you need to be told he wasn't removed but suspended?

Suspended? No law of the land confer such power on him without first going through NJC or senate. Since the judge is chairman of NJC, he's left to seek approval from the senate.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by rusher14: 9:49pm On Jan 26, 2019
mank1234:

Suspended? No law of the land confer such power on him without first going through NJC or senate. Since the judge is chairman of NJC, he's left to seek approval from the senate.

Stop making your own laws.

If you say that is not correct, take the matter to court.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by mank1234(m): 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2019
rusher14:

Stop making your own laws.

If you say that is not correct, take the matter to court.

So tomorrow, if the President suspends the senate president or the speaker, you'll say take the matter to court? I bow to you!
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by rusher14: 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
mank1234:

So tomorrow, if the President suspends the senate president or the speaker, you'll say take the matter to court? I bow to you!

Actually, I would say same.

Or you don't believe in the courts?
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by LKO(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
DrWellbeing:
They are playing to the gallery. When Mr President submitted the workers increments to them they suddenly went on recession. Now they want to reconvene on Tuesday. Nigeria will hail thee

Where did you creep out from? The same minimum wage bill that was read and passed through the second stage on both chambers earlier this week? The same bill that is now in the committee stage? The same bill that was giving speedy consideration? Keep misinforming the gullible ones.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by galadima77(m): 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
adanny01:
What can the senate do, order the CJN back? Impeach Buhari? What exactly will they do?

Budget, a very important National duty and responsibility, them no want do but na to reconvene and discuss a corrupt man's case.

Buhari really fu.ked up with his 4years allowing the likes of Saraki and Dogara to undermine him at will. I thought he didnt have balls at all until yesterday.

The CJN wanted to follow suit by postponing NJC meeting indefinitely, Buhari will not have another Saraki running around.

Honestly I hate it when he acts weak.Dogara and Saraki have their own waiting at the polls just like Fayose.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by IBBG(m): 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2019
Moukandjo:

You PDP sycophants should stop deluding yourselves! Buhari is not contesting against Obama or Mandela; he's contesting against a freaking shameless international thief like Atiku! There's nothing Buhari does that'll make the shameless international thief be a viable option to Buhari's supporters!
SMH. i would not indulge this foolishness.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by MethodmanWES: 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2019
IBBG:
SMH. i would not indulge this foolishness.
then let it crash! "N0nsenze"
KingOfAllIgbos:
grin

Mark my words. NOTHING will happen.

Just as it was difficult for APC to unseat Saraki as SP...

It's hard to reinstall Walter Onnoghen as CJN

It's too late. PDP had better focus on preparing for elections.

The Northerners are expert in politics, they already smelt that Atiku's ambitions were dead on arrival and communicated by a wave of defections

If by chance, Buhari is impeached (0% probability), THAT'S WHEN THE COUNTRY WILL CRASH
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by jantofubu(m): 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
bubu2019:

call APC customer care line.
I"

He's pained
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by IBBG(m): 10:50pm On Jan 26, 2019
imam07:
Why are u shouting. As if this pdp guys are Saint too. So u want me to condemn Buhari and embrace saraki that has turned my state apology state.
baba go and sit down some where and stop disturbing my mention, if you lack the capacity for intellectual diaglogue. what has saraki and your state has to do with the judiciary?
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by mank1234(m): 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
rusher14:

Actually, I would say same.

Or you don't believe in the courts?

OH! I forgot that you're in hailer's league. You all think alike.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by TruthinAction: 11:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

The suspension of Onnoghen was within the law according to another school of thought and as far as I can see not much different from GEJ's disposal of SLS as the the CBN governor.

Then, you don't understand what is true federalism. There is separation of power and the three alms of Government must operate within the ambient of the law. Please, go back to school and learn rather than support an act that virtually everyone including the international community has condemned. Unless you are one of the criminals in Nigeria.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by rusher14: 11:16pm On Jan 26, 2019
TruthinAction:

Then, you don't understand what is true federalism. There is separation of power and the three alms of Government must operate within the ambient of the law. Please, go back to school and learn rather than support an act that virtually everyone including the international community has condemned. Unless you are one of the criminals in Nigeria.

Rubbish.

If the judge believes in the justice system he should take the matter to court.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by Mkmoney(m): 11:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=Glink2018 post=75139995][/quote]
No like my papa take impeach ur mama Arse
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by imam07: 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
IBBG:
baba go and sit down some where and stop disturbing my mention, if you lack the capacity for intellectual diaglogue. what has saraki and your state has to do with the judiciary?
pack yourself somewhere Mr intellectual. As u talked what concerns u so I talked mine. Don't let sentiment determine your judgment here.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by AudiA4: 3:58am On Jan 27, 2019
Yeye people, tell us the laws u have passed almost in the last 4 years that has improved the lives of the common man in Nigeria, bunch of greedy and self centered senators
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by Nicoddemus(m): 5:51am On Jan 27, 2019
jantofubu:
Senior thieves ...cheesy in agbada ?? .... the way pdp is giving this cjn support ehn... I'm just suspecting dem

if you stay at onipan and it's axis.. pls help a brother get something doing during this ASUP strike... If there is any vacancy pls help my hustle... I can do any work... I'm a civil engineering student of yabatech... Pls
ur suffering yet ur indirectly supporting the lifeless one. Who do u want to give u a job now. Ur silly
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by jantofubu(m): 9:00am On Jan 27, 2019
Nicoddemus:
ur suffering yet ur indirectly supporting the lifeless one. Who do u want to give u a job now. Ur silly

Another pained goat cheesy
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by abuannur: 9:38am On Jan 27, 2019
Ubiudumo:

A court of competent jurisdiction has not declared him a thief yet so hold your peace.
I think he is a judge of a court and already declared himself A thief. When he was approached with the issue he said he forget and was a mistake. As there is ignorant in law
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:50am On Jan 27, 2019
TruthinAction:

You are the one who apparently needs to go back to school to learn the difference between federalism i.e. sharing of power between physically distinct composite federating units that make up a country and the separation of power between the three arms of government in a democracy - big difference.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by TruthinAction: 12:35pm On Jan 27, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

You are the one who apparently needs to go back to school to learn the difference between federalism i.e. sharing of power between physically distinct composite federating units that make up a country and the separation of power between the three arms of government in a democracy - big difference.

Tell us the difference. That in a democratic setting, a President can act contrary to the constitution? What did you drink before writing this? With people like you, there is no hope for Nigeria.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
TruthinAction:

Tell us the difference. That in a democratic setting, a President can act contrary to the constitution? What did you drink before writing this? With people like you, there is no hope for Nigeria.

I have already given you the basic difference; but apparently you are too dull to understand - yet you have the audacity to question my intellect.

BTW, the president wasn't acting outside the constitution; he was relying on a legal loophole; among them Onnoghen himself gave a landmark judgement in 2013 pertaining to the powers of the CCT.

Go and get better educated before you come here and start insulting ppl out of your sheer ignorance.
Re: Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension by TruthinAction: 11:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

I have already given you the basic difference; but apparently you are too dull to understand - yet you have the audacity to question my intellect.

BTW, the president wasn't acting outside the constitution; he was relying on a legal loophole; among them Onnoghen himself gave a landmark judgement in 2013 pertaining to the powers of the CCT.

Go and get better educated before you come here and start insulting ppl out of your sheer ignorance.

No matter what you people do, let God’s counsel concerning Nigeria. My deepest prayer for Nigeria is that God will deliver us from this terrorist government. Too many blood has been shed. So many children are now orphans. I certainly don't want to see this repeat itself. Enough is enough. If you wish him to continue, then you are equally a terrorist and the Almighty God will judge you all. There will be no CCT to bail you out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gov Wike's Horror Speech To His Opponents In The Upcoming Rivers Election(video) / Fayose, Fani-Kayode React As Tambuwal Dumps APC For PDP / Vote Buying: Jonathan "Oshiomhole Suffering From Multiple Personality Syndrome"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.