Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension (3334 Views)

Inflation: Tinubu advised Buhari to print more money - Paul Ibe / Balances On Onnoghen’s 5 Bank Accounts Released By Ifeoma Okeagbue / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Niorte: 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2019
Yeah, person wey know person naim dey do person. An adage says if the enemies within cannot kill you, then the enemies outside cannot defeat you.

The president Buhari that we saw during The Candidates program cannot certainly interpret the recommendations of the CCT without the input of Prof Osinbajo. Based on the recent outings of the president, I doubt if he could single handedly make decisions without confiding with some members of the APC hierarchy especially as the election draws closer.

Mr President is not that skillful to independently interpret the recommendations of the CCT. It is certain that lawyers are undoing their own profession and the noble profession may not get the reputation it once had.

Prof Yemi Osinbajo and the Attorney General of the Federation definitely must have been consulted before the pronouncement of Buhari to suspend the CJN.

The law professionals should hold the Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo responsible for this constitutional crises except he comes out openly to make known his role in this matter.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Mynd44: 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2019
Osinbajo wrote the speech.

Too much legal intelligence in it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by mycar: 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2019
Same stereotype, he is mute and everybody is blaming Buhari, however, there is a possibility that he advised otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by BabaO2: 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
Niorte:
Yeah, person wey know person naim dey do person. An adage says if the enemies within cannot kill you, then the enemies outside cannot defeat you.

The president Buhari that we saw during The Candidates program cannot certainly interpret the recommendations of the CCT without the input of Prof Osinbajo. Based on the recent outings of the president, I doubt if he could single handedly make decisions without confiding with some members of the APC hierarchy especially as the election draws closer.

Mr President is not that skillful to independently interpret the recommendations of the CCT. It is certain that lawyers are undoing their own profession and the noble profession may not get the reputation it once had.

Prof Yemi Osinbajo and the Attorney General of the Federation definitely must have been consulted before the pronouncement of Buhari to suspend the CJN.

The law professionals should hold the Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo responsible for this constitutional crises except he comes out openly to make known his role in this matter.
Why Crying, but Jonathan did same thing to justice Salami, heaven did not fall, he even removed another autonomous arm of government leadership the CBN governor , you guys backed him and said all manners of crude excuses. Whoever adviced Buhari on this issue has done so in the best interest of structured future Nigeria. We can't any longer tolerate rouges to be at the helm of as sensitive as supreme court of Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by zeromeridian: 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2019
Osubande does not have nada to where the cabals are.
He busy shearing money inside market.

He is inconsequential where the cabals are

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by EzeNri(m): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
No. He couldn't have. He is not part of the cabal. He is too small to advise Buhari

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Teekamzy(m): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=Niorte post=75143522]Yeah, person wey know person naim dey do person. An adage says if the enemies within cannot kill you, then the enemies outside cannot defeat you.

The law professionals should hold the Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo responsible for this constitutional crises except he comes out openly to make known his role in this matter.[ As a SAN let hear his say of the matter if he is truly he can defend the constitution ]
Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
mycar:

You are mischievous, Jonathan suspended salami based on NJC recommendation, don't sound dumb Mister

And when the NJC recommended his reinstatement did he do so?

Did heaven fall when he refused to obey the NJC?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by MrAJQ(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
The suspension is valid

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Aquariann: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
On the contrary, it was a palace coup. Onnoghen was outdone by members of the NJC and the Judiciary who all belong to a different caucus. They probably knew he was gonna postpone the meeting of the NJC indefinitely and their plan was to get the CCT fella to issue that order for his suspension knowing fully PMB would act on it.

Y'all should forget the fact that all but one supreme court judge turned up for the swearing in of the 250 judges for the post-election tribunal, some of them in cohort with others outside the supreme court agreed to and are part of this whole thing.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by JusticeSeeker: 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2019
mycar:

You are mischievous, Jonathan suspended salami based on NJC recommendation, don't sound dumb Mister
what about Sanusi

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Goke7: 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2019
Mynd44:

Yea the speech has osinbajo touch on it. I knew it. Folks don't know that dude and are underrating him. If that guy ever becomes President, he will deal more deadly with the looters than buhari using the same technicality the looters are also using to frustrate the corruption fight.

The same osinbajo that sent many Lagos magistrates home in one day as Lagos attorney General.

Shebi saraki and co wan try impeach buhari. Make dem try am finish come settle face osinbajo. Dem go take.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by OlujobaSamuel: 1:41am On Jan 27, 2019
Goke7:

Yea the speech has osinbajo touch on it. I knew it. Folks don't know that dude and are underrating him. If that guy ever becomes President, he will deal more deadly with the looters than buhari using the same technicality the looters are also using to frustrate the corruption fight.

The same osinbajo that sent many Lagos magistrates home in one day as Lagos attorney General.

Shebi saraki and co wan try impeach buhari. Make dem try am finish come settle face osinbajo. Dem go take.
Exactly, I'm just loving the movie day by day, you can hardly see me curse any politician when any of the elites are going through trials, they all supported, promotes and advocate injustice in this nation at their own convenience, now they need those to die for them when on the receiving end.
The funniest part is that Ayo Salami was suspended for not apologizing to Kastina Alu, while this one was suspended for mistake and forgetfulness, I tire for naija law.
Irrespective of the resolution of this case, one thing is certain, the CJN isn't coming back.
If the next president comes in to witch hunt(as we dey always say) bubu and his crew, I go also use am laff, why fight over the source of our problems as a nation
Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Yyeske(m): 1:47am On Jan 27, 2019
mycar:

Same way Buhari suspended Onnoghen based on the recommendation of the CCT, it also has the power to recommend that the CJN be suspended for investigation so don't sound dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Jonadull: 1:48am On Jan 27, 2019
Niorte:
[s]Yeah, person wey know person naim dey do person. An adage says if the enemies within cannot kill you, then the enemies outside cannot defeat you.

The law professionals should hold the Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo responsible for this constitutional crises except he comes out openly to make known his role in this matter.[/s]
There’s no constitutional crisis anywhere.
Stop wailing
Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by SalamRushdie: 1:58am On Jan 27, 2019
Mynd44:

legal intelligence ? how cam there be legal intelligence in an ultra vires act? how? please let's stop glorifying rubbish
Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by jdi1: 2:05am On Jan 27, 2019

For an array of accounting services for your small business, get in touch with an experienced, ACCA cum ICAN certified and IFRS-compliant chartered accountant and a certified Sage Business Cloud Accounting Adviser.

*Audited Financial Statements Preparation from incomplete records (For filing of CAC annual returns and FIRS annual tax returns)
*Outsourced-Freelance accounting services
*Implementation of cloud-based accounting software
*Book-keeping and bank reconciliation services
*Tax and Payroll Management
*Pre-audit assistance
*Budgeting and Forecasting
*Original and specially designed Business plans
*Other accounting-related services

https://accountant.ng/contact/
Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by nedubest(m): 2:14am On Jan 27, 2019
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Mujtahida: 3:06am On Jan 27, 2019
Goke7:

I pity you guys who believe Buhari is fighting corruption. Your incredulity is monumental.

So you actually believe Buhari is fighting corruption? I don't blame you. Being far from where these things are happening colors your judgement. Bro, you are ignorant of a lot of things. I say so with every sense of seriousness.

Google online and watch the video of Baba Ahmed Datti on channels TV analysing Buhari's fight against corruption.

How una take dey believe this thing about Buhari fighting corruption? Buhari who is chuck full of corruption? I know to my bones this Buhari type: the self righteous type.

Thank God I read George Orwell's Animal Farm several times and other books on propaganda. If you have not read it, please go and read it and get an inkling of how a supposed fight for truth, for justice, for anti corruption can be weaponized and used to do evil and yet the people will not see it until they fall into a trap.

"When tyranny and oppression comes into the land,it will be in the guise of fighting crime ."-James Madison(US President 1809-1817)

I voted for Buhari. But I quickly smelt the coffee and as far back as 2016 I saw through the man and discovered he's a fraud!. Nepotism is the father of corruption. How have you guys failed to see the big picture amazes me.

Southerners mumu die especially Christians. Dem mumu too much. In Nigeria there are no truths as to facts. The only truths are religion, ethnicity and tribe. Hausa/Fulani people know this. But Southerners do not know this. I can say this: if Onnoghen was an Hausa/Muslim man what is happening to him will never happen to him. Never! Or if the number two man on the bench of the supreme Court was a Southerner this will never happen.

I used to be naive. I used to look at things from the angle of the truth of facts but not anymore. The other side is not so naive.

This Buhari juju really strong especially when I see otherwise intelligent guys falling for this sham of a fight against corruption. It's the greatest scam which only legendary conmen can pull. And for someone as evidently unintelligent as Buhari to hoodwink intelligent people really shows that book intelligence differs from wisdom and discernment.

Buhari is fighting corruption. Do you know how the kangaroo order which forms the basis of his actions was obtained? Buhari is fighting corruption yet Danladi the CCT Chairman who has corruption case to answer is the one seating in judgment over another man. Kai, this thing dey pain. Southerners mumu, dem mumu pass sheep!

Send me a pm. We will exchange numbers and chat. For starters I am in the thick of the action of this whole Onnoghen saga. Let me not say too much.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by SmartMugu: 3:46am On Jan 27, 2019
Niorte:

Why did you conclude so? Are you saying PMB doesn't have his own set of legal practitioners? Also, what's wrong in if Osinbajo solely advising his boss on a sensitive matter like this?

The CJN cannot be reliably tried in any court in Nigeria by any judge, so some folks' desire to drag him to CCT may just be logical. The legislative and Presidency have always been at loggerheads and the Presidency took the alternate route which anyone in his shoes would have taken.

His selection of the next CJN from the north like he did all other key positions is probably why many people are infuriated.
Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by Niorte: 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
BabaO2:

Why Crying, but Jonathan did same thing to justice Salami, heaven did not fall, he even removed another autonomous arm of government leadership the CBN governor , you guys backed him and said all manners of crude excuses. Whoever adviced Buhari on this issue has done so in the best interest of structured future Nigeria. We can't any longer tolerate rouges to be at the helm of as sensitive as supreme court of Nigeria.

Yes ...we can't tolerate rogues. But we must remind ourselves that illegal means cannot be used to correct wrong done
Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by naijapips04: 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
BabaO2:

why must you always be this unreasonable. Jonathan suspended salami on the advise of the NJC as stipulated by the constitution.

Even at that, does that make it right? the fact that Jonathan purportedly did something like that.

it's like being caught for armed robbery and you mention that your friend had been stealing for years....that's how stupid you sound.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advised Buhari On Onnoghen's Suspension by xelly: 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
what about Sanusi

Holding Executive, Judiciary or Legislative position?

(1) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Nigerians Celebrating Donald Trump’s Impeachment / Video: Pandemonium in Orlu, Imo state as youths killed 2 Soldiers / Yaradua's Son's Love For Ak-47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.