Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen (25479 Views)

El-Rufai And Other Northern APC Governors React To Yahaya Bello's Protest / Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' / BREAKING:"A Brazen Dictatorial Act" - Atiku Reacts To Buhari's Suspension Of CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Omeokachie: 6:40am On Jan 27, 2019
Democracy died in Nigeria on Friday, 25th of January 2019.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
Salami's suspension was very much in line with what is stipulated in the constitution.
I'm talking trial and fact-finding that spanned 5 months and the blessing of the NJC.
Not an ex-parte motion obtained from the wind in a non-existent court session.
As long as everyone is concerned, they were to reconvene on January 28th.
When he was asked to reinstate salami, did he comply? Same Jonathan sacked Sanusi Lamido illegally

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 6:53am On Jan 27, 2019
yemaldo:

When he was asked to reinstate salami, did he comply? Same Jonathan sacked Sanusi Lamido illegally

Sanusi Lamido is a CBN President and his appointment is dependent on the President's authority alone. Let's remain on relevant grounds.

Salami's case was widely publicized and it's a pointer to everything wrong with what Buhari did.
Are you aware that even the AGF of Nigeria then pointed out that it was impossible for Salami to be reinstated as a court order was received against that on the same day?
In this case, court orders were trampled upon and he proceeded to suspend Onnoghen without recourse to the constitution or due process either.

The President goofed; Q.E.D.
Everything about this removal, from the timing to the process spells out dictatorship.
To be sincere, I've always believed Nigeria is not ripe for democracy. These are bare evidences.

2 Likes

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Gap2020(m): 6:56am On Jan 27, 2019
sogodihno:

The person that's next in rank to Onoghen, happen to p from the north, that's not Buhari fault.
Are they using next or recommendations for appointment.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by papascode: 7:03am On Jan 27, 2019
LordCenturion:

PDP refused to campaign after CJN was removed,while APC and other parties continue to their own activities, what's is their own (pdp) in the matter of CJN ... Lol.., I think they have an hiding agenders

No hidden agenda my son. PDP is obviously more democratic and respects the constitution. You never know what you are supporting until another leader comes in after Buhari it is the future of Nigeria we are talking of here

2 Likes

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by babaedo: 7:03am On Jan 27, 2019
LordCenturion:
They are still reacting after 5 days.... Useless fraudsters.

PDP that are crying around,wailing,those PDP are a fraudsters that know how to play their game very well than other political parties because they are very matured in criminal activities,.. Europeans,US or UK shouldn't interfere in our issues, they are the ones that started this mess for over a century now. Besides,what is the essence of gaining independent?, they have many issues of their own, so they should face it, there are many dictators in Africa here and around the world whos has been ruling for the past 3 decades,they have nothing to say to that.... Hypocrites
your education was a waste of time. it would have been better your parents use the period to have a better farm
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Hodstat1986: 7:08am On Jan 27, 2019
South-south people should wake up from their sleep. Is everything about business? You're now marketing Onoghen that has lost his value already, this is going to be efforts in vain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by LordCenturion(m): 7:30am On Jan 27, 2019
papascode:

No hidden agenda my son. PDP is obviously more democratic and respects the constitution. You never know what you are supporting until another leader comes in after Buhari it is the future of Nigeria we are talking of here

Even if we must support another party, it shouldn't be PDP again not to talk of Atiku,enough of old faces,as for me, am gonna vote either hasheem or sowore, although I know that buhari has more supporters than both, but don't mind if buhari win, but for PDP and Atiku, never

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Truthisit: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2019
From the dressing, this is untrue.
Zamfara people don't dress this way.
Rollins777:
APC commissioning bridge.

1 Like

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by livelymatilda22: 7:36am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

[s]
Sanusi Lamido is a CBN President and his appointment/sack is dependent on the President's authority alone. Let's remain on relevant grounds.

Salami's case was widely publicized and it's a pointer to everything wrong with what Buhari did.
Are you aware that even the AGF of Nigeria then pointed out that it was impossible for Salami to be reinstated as a court order was received against that on the same day?
In this case, court orders were trampled upon and he proceeded to suspend Onnoghen without recourse to the constitution or due process either.

Everything about this removal, from the timing to the process spells out dictatorship.
To be sincere, I've always believed Nigeria is not ripe for democracy. These are bare evidences . [/s]
Claptrap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by charles009(m): 7:39am On Jan 27, 2019
shutto:
Kai....

iPhone 6s Plus 64gb for sale @ 100K

You serious with that price so.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 7:41am On Jan 27, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Claptrap

Oh, you lively horse shyte.
That's all your zombified brain could cook up?
A series of Kindergarten-esque straight lines drawing practice nstead of a clean rebuttal if you thought you had something on that.
Considering all your mentor could do ina live debate was '16-years PDP' to every single question he was asked, I blame you not.�
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 7:47am On Jan 27, 2019
jakD:
If the CJN is truly corrupt as accused, his removal is cool then... but, why was he just caught when the election is at the door? why was Mr Buhari so quick on his case but completely slow and reluctant on other cases especially those from his camp? why did he have to replace him with another northern man? is Nigeria now for the North alone? Is Mr Buhari not gradually going insane?
A vote for Buhari, is an acceptance to continuous suffering and hardship. Think Today!
Is there a perfect time to apprehend a criminal? Go read how Tanko became the acting CJN and save yourself from chronic Ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by bkool7(m): 7:47am On Jan 27, 2019
jakD:
If the CJN is truly corrupt as accused, his removal is cool then... but, why was he just caught when the election is at the door? why was Mr Buhari so quick on his case but completely slow and reluctant on other cases especially those from his camp? why did he have to replace him with another northern man? is Nigeria now for the North alone? Is Mr Buhari not gradually going insane?
A vote for Buhari, is an acceptance to continuous suffering and hardship. Think Today!

So someone can't spot someone doing wrong during elections?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by CarGuidNG: 7:52am On Jan 27, 2019
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by bkool7(m): 7:52am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

Sanusi Lamido is a CBN President and his appointment/sack is dependent on the President's authority alone. Let's remain on relevant grounds.

To be sincere, I've always believed Nigeria is not ripe for democracy. These are bare evidences.

Why did Ononghe postponed the NJC meeting meant to ask him to step aside for proper investigation of his case?

Something as to be done

Someone overseeing our judiciary can't be running from court to court trying to stop his trial.

Buhari has done what's morally right the legality of it will be corrected by the new CJN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 7:56am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
Salami's suspension was very much in line with what is stipulated in the constitution.
I'm talking trial and fact-finding that spanned 5 months and the blessing of the NJC.
Not an ex-parte motion obtained from the wind in a non-existent court session.
As long as everyone is concerned, they were to reconvene on January 28th.
Charge and bail Lawyer, after the NJC's investigation on Justice Salami, what was its recommendation? Did Jonathan reinstate him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Sunmolar(m): 7:58am On Jan 27, 2019
bluster!
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 8:01am On Jan 27, 2019
bkool7:

Why did Ononghe postponed the NJC meeting meant to ask him to step aside for proper investigation of his case?

Something as to be done

Someone overseeing our judiciary can't be running from court to court trying to stop his trial.

Buhari has done what's morally right the legality of it will be corrected by the new CJN

Lmao!!
You knew the meeting was meant to ask him to step aside because you were told thay by the Presidency who just collapsed the roof of Nigeria's democracy with one foolish act?
If the NJC were so looking forward to doing this, kindly explain their absence at the swearing in.
We are not guided by morals. We are guided by laws. What is moral to a jihadist is different from what is moral to a christian!!!!!
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Sugarboyy(m): 8:03am On Jan 27, 2019
shutto:
Kai....

iPhone 6s Plus 64gb for sale @ 100K
Oga your phone go old with you. This same phone, London uses, a friend bought his 2days ago for 70k. Sell yours for 50k or chop it.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 8:10am On Jan 27, 2019
Iziquiel:

Charge and bail Lawyer, after the NJC's investigation on Justice Salami, what was its recommendation? Did Jonathan reinstate him?

Last Nigeria knew, the case was adjourned until Monday, so the President shoukd explain how he got the order and who was the counsel.
Of course he can't. cool
President Jonathan, as long as I'm concerned belongs to Nigeria's past. And last he was remembered for was being a light of democracy in Africa.
Today, we are being rebuked by US, UK and EU. My education will not allow me fool myself into pretending anything is moral in what Buhari has done.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by livelymatilda22: 8:17am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

[s]
Oh, you lively horse shyte.
That's all your zombified brain could cook up?
A series of Kindergarten-esque straight lines drawing practice nstead of a clean rebuttal if you thought you had something on that.
Considering all your mentor could do ina live debate was '16-years PDP' to every single question he was asked, I blame you not.� [/s]
Rubbish. Go get something to eat asap..
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 8:22am On Jan 27, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Go get something to eat asap..

Ain't that how BMCs get into this zombified state?
The paymasters give something to eat and one automatically become a sellout; sworn enemy of common sense.

It's noteworthy to think beyond the stomach and more about the brain cool
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by sogodihno: 8:34am On Jan 27, 2019
Gap2020:
Are they using next or recommendations for appointment.

I don't know, but in dz case Buhari just appointed the next in line.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Chief7: 8:44am On Jan 27, 2019
Too much talk no action, can he read
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by livelymatilda22: 8:46am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:
[s]

Ain't that how BMCs get into this zombified state?
The paymasters give something to eat and one automatically become a sellout; sworn enemy of common sense.

It's noteworthy to think beyond the stomach and more about the brain cool [/s]

Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 8:48am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

Last Nigeria knew, the case was adjourned until Monday, so the President shoukd explain how he got the order and who was the counsel.
Of course he can't. cool
President Jonathan, as long as I'm concerned belongs to Nigeria's past. And last he was remembered for was being a light of democracy in Africa.
Today, we are being rebuked by US, UK and EU. My education will not allow me fool myself into pretending anything is moral in what Buhari has done.
Your hypocrisy knows no bound. Yesterday doesn't matter to you but today does, very funny. What Jonathan did yesterday didn't matter, of course that's a way for you to run from the truth, from who you really are because you never condemned Jonathan for his action. The NJC then upon concluding its investigation on Justice Salami recommended that he should be reinstated but your hero of Democracy threw the Recommendation into the waste bin. Yes, GEJ is your hero because he conceded defeat in an election he clearly lost. Your Onnoghen has been trying to run away from prosecution, trying to get court injunctions to stop his trial at the CCT, postponed the NJC meeting indefinitely. The Chief Custodian of our laws running from the law.
PMB acted on the recommendation of CCB and we shall find in the coming days if he was right or wrong to suspend Onnoghen, for now Onnoghen should stay clear off our courts.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by nwadiuko1(m): 8:50am On Jan 27, 2019
phabulux:

Yeebos!

PDP?

Thieves!
yorubas! Apc? ritualists
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by Iziquiel(m): 8:58am On Jan 27, 2019
DesChyko:

Section 11(f) of the CBN act 2007 contradicts you. The President needs 2/3 of the Senate to remove the CBN Governor.
Re: South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen by DesChyko: 9:21am On Jan 27, 2019
Iziquiel:

Your hypocrisy knows no bound. Yesterday doesn't matter to you but today does, very funny. What Jonathan did yesterday didn't matter, of course that's a way for you to run from the truth, from who you really are because you never condemned Jonathan for his action. The NJC then upon concluding its investigation on Justice Salami recommended that he should be reinstated but your hero of Democracy threw the Recommendation into the waste bin. Yes, GEJ is your hero because he conceded defeat in an election he clearly lost. Your Onnoghen has been trying to run away from prosecution, trying to get court injunctions to stop his trial at the CCT, postponed the NJC meeting indefinitely. The Chief Custodian of our laws running from the law.
PMB acted on the recommendation of CCB and we shall find in the coming days if he was right or wrong to suspend Onnoghen, for now Onnoghen should stay clear off our courts.

Another day, Another Zombie.
What Jonathan did doesn't matter because he is past now. And he remains past like every other leader we've had.
He is a hero because he didn't do what Buhari is doing today, trying to overrun every arm of government to ensure he emerges President by crook, and not necessarily by votes. I didn't name him hero. Those whose VISA woukd make you forget the current president's first name did.
If I'm wrong about Onnoghen, being wrong alongside the United States, United Kingdom and European Union is not an awful 'wrong'.
Enjoy your Buhari-induced righteousness while it lasts.
The internet never forgets grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara: ‘gunmen Kill Cattle Dealer For Refusing To Buy Stolen Cows’ / 2023 Presidency: There Is Serious Gang-Up Against Tinubu In APC - Henry Ajomale / Army Kills 38 Boko Haram Fighters, Loses 2 Soldiers In Chikingudu, Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.