Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry (17826 Views)

Tayo Odueke 'sindodo' Rocks Bum Short / Naomi Suleiman 21st Birthday: Tayo Odueke 'Sindodo' Celebrates Daughter / Meet Naomi, Tayo Odueke Sikiratu Sindodo's Daughter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by GistmoreNG: 4:49am On Jan 27, 2019
Call it one of the greatest puzzles of all time and you won’t be wrong. Despite the fact that some actors (male and female) constantly flaunt houses, cars and other material possessions on social media, many say that there is poor remuneration in the industry.

Popular actress, Tayo Odueke, aka Sikirat Sindodo, reiterated this in a recent chat with Sunday Scoop. She said, “I don’t have any regrets being in the industry. Just like in every other area of life, there are ups and downs. I just thank God that I’m still here because many people I started together with are no longer around. However, that is not to say that there are no challenges.

The pay in the industry is poor and it is not encouraging at all. It is the passion one has that has kept one in the industry for this long. You only make money when you produce your own movies. Ordinarily, that shouldn’t be so. There is a lot of potential in the industry and we only need the right support to excel.”

Sharing her thoughts on depression, the actress said, “I believe that there is nobody that doesn’t get depressed but it all depends on how you manage it. There will always be ups and down. You may fall several times but never forget to get back up.

The case of people in the entertainment industry is peculiar because we make people laugh by what we do but some of us are going through pains of different kinds. Some people now make it worse by trolling celebrities on social media and saying horrible things to them. Stars are humans too and we have emotions.”

Gist from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/theres-poor-pay-in-movie-industry-sikirat-sindodo

4 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by GistmoreNG: 4:49am On Jan 27, 2019
embarassed
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by itspzpics(m): 5:31am On Jan 27, 2019
N deir r poor movies

9 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by StrawberryGloss(f): 6:27am On Jan 27, 2019
Yet "actresses" are building mansions everyday

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Baddiezz(f): 6:29am On Jan 27, 2019
itspzpics:
N deir r poor movies
Mediocrity breeds mediocrity,

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by lordempire(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
We know how most females there make it....
Olosho business

23 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by philips007(m): 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
The movie industry is an avenue where the ladies showcase their beauty for intending or potential clients, while the guys gym to show off their six packs during home service.

If you know, you know!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Lankybaby(f): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
and dey are always appearing Rich and spending lavishly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Bossontop(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
Of course d pay is poor but thank God for "PUSSY BUSINESS " ......Actresses can now intimidate their male counterparts (actors) with exotic cars and mansions and call it " SUCCESS" .....thank God indeed!!

12 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Ibcrown(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
This babe wey mc olu omo don sample

10 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Authoreety: 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
Fake lifestyle is d key word
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Maxihood: 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
Where do they get money from den??

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Lankybaby(f): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
and dey are always appearing Rich and spending lavishly ;Dand dey are always appearing Rich and spending lavishly
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by dreamwords: 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
True
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Memphitz537(m): 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ashawoism na the supplementary money earner for the actresses.

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Karmatyra(f): 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2019
StrawberryGloss:
Yet "actresses" are building mansions everyday
Like seriously ehn...I tire o. Wonder women everywhere!

6 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
....but they're all living in Lekki living extravagantly.

We know una real work. You sef hanty, word on the streets is that MC Oluomo, at a time was kpanshing and renumerating you

10 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Olalan(m): 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
How come the ladies are living big

2 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
Thank you Miss/Mrs. for your true enlightenment, very poor remuneration in this industry.

Yet people like Cococandy/Mizwisdom and the rest when I was making this point on how much actresses & OAP makes asper annual income & including taxed & non-taxed income. These Men & Women earn low wages, so how come they are living lavishly? Questions people tell me to kip Chut and Mind my business, I guess it's now a public business when one actress complains.

It has suddenly become Men vs Women fight on How Men hates progressive Women.

4 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Lankybaby(f): 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
na them sabi...but they are always flaunting mansions and cars...where are the money coming from
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ipob women and complain. This flat headed OSU is now lookin for an excuse to venture to prostitution. Ipob and crime are 5 and 6
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by dingbang(m): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
But who is giving y'all cash?
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
GistmoreNG:
Call it one of the greatest puzzles of all time and you won’t be wrong. Despite the fact that some actors (male and female) constantly flaunt houses, cars and other material possessions on social media, many say that there is poor remuneration in the industry.

Popular actress, Tayo Odueke, aka Sikirat Sindodo, reiterated this in a recent chat with Sunday Scoop. She said, “I don’t have any regrets being in the industry. Just like in every other area of life, there are ups and downs. I just thank God that I’m still here because many people I started together with are no longer around. However, that is not to say that there are no challenges.

The pay in the industry is poor and it is not encouraging at all. It is the passion one has that has kept one in the industry for this long. You only make money when you produce your own movies. Ordinarily, that shouldn’t be so. There is a lot of potential in the industry and we only need the right support to excel.”

Sharing her thoughts on depression, the actress said, “I believe that there is nobody that doesn’t get depressed but it all depends on how you manage it. There will always be ups and down. You may fall several times but never forget to get back up.

The case of people in the entertainment industry is peculiar because we make people laugh by what we do but some of us are going through pains of different kinds. Some people now make it worse by trolling celebrities on social media and saying horrible things to them. Stars are humans too and we have emotions.”

Gist from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/theres-poor-pay-in-movie-industry-sikirat-sindodo

See this fat mumu, you think say Suleiman no get taste.
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by MyLottoHub: 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
It applies to all industries...

Click LIKE if you agree

Click SHARE if you disagree
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by nazablossom(f): 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
Where are the mansion money coming from then
Wait! We already know the answer cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by Oricha79(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
Before nko? No be olosho work una dey do...

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by spako4(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
But your colleagues are buying cars and houses?
Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
Karmatyra:

Like seriously ehn...I tire o. Wonder women everywhere!
Lankybaby:
na them sabi...but they are always flaunting mansions and cars...where are the money coming from

OSU why are u surprised?
They are ur fellow

1 Like

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by klever18(m): 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
I won't comment because the last time I commented I got no likes

10 Likes

Re: Sikirat Sindodo: There Is Poor Pay In Movie Industry by TechCapon(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
Then what of those so called actresses that show off mansions and Lamborghini grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Teaching Her Son, King Andre, How To Speak In Tongues / Princess Onyejekwe And Non-Fan Who Said No One Knows Her / Timi Dakolo Denies Granting Punch This Interview - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.