Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:41 AM

I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn (460 Views)

Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen / NJC Recommends Onnoghen’s Retirement, Muhammed To Stay As CJN / Ambode Might Face Impeachment For His Insistence To Re-contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn by ashacot: 5:59pm On Jan 27, 2019
I remember when Former minister of finanance kemi adeosun was indicted by premiumtimes newspaper to have forged her NYSC certificate. The did everything to use that incident to embarrass the present government. They were counting down her stay in office even while the president had ordered that the certificate saga be investigated. We were seeing things like "19 days after, Kemi Adeosun is still the finance minister" This continue until she resigned .

The opposition party leveraged on that incident to put one over on the ruling party. They were vocal in their insistence that Kemi should resign.

Fast forward to the suspended CJN. Since he was bursted, and before his suspension, no newspaper in the country pressured him to resign Despite knowing fully well that his crime is a very serious crime. Worst still is that the same opposition party that cried to heaven that the former finance minister be removed were the people defending the crooked CJN.

Our newspapers should be fair in carrying out their job. The suspended CJN committed a gravious crime and who knows if the kind of pressure given to KEMI had been given to him, he wld have resigned and willingly face trials. Now almost all newspapers are writing and recommending that the president should recall him and he should resign immediately.

1 Like

Re: I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn by FiftyFifty(m): 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
Don't mind them and their yeye followers... We got rid of a fantastically corrupt CJ. He's gone. Gone for good & forever.

2 Likes

Re: I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn by socialmediaman: 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
All this write up just to defend Buhari’s dictatorship and tyranny. Shame!

Now who said CJN should not be prosecuted and subsequently removed from office if found guilty? All this hurry was simply to manipulate the elections. At the same time we have some of the most corrupt officials known to Nigeria’s history occupying APC and Buhari’s government positions, they haven’t been hurriedly kicked out unconstitutionally

Say NO to Dictatorship.
Re: I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn by ashacot: 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
socialmediaman:
All this write up just to defend Buhari’s dictatorship and tyranny. Shame!

Now who said CJN should not be prosecuted and subsequently removed from office if found guilty? All this hurry was simply to manipulate the elections. At the same time we have some of the most corrupt officials known to Nigeria’s history occupying APC and Buhari’s government positions, they haven’t been hurriedly kicked out unconstitutionally

Say NO to Dictatorship.

Bro i am not defending anyone here
Re: I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn by naijapips04: 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
ashacot:
I remember when Former minister of finanance kemi adeosun was indicted by premiumtimes newspaper to have forged her NYSC certificate. The did everything to use that incident to embarrass the present government. They were counting down her stay in office even while the president had ordered that the certificate saga be investigated. We were seeing things like "19 days after, Kemi Adeosun is still the finance minister" This continue until she resigned .

The opposition party leveraged on that incident to put one over on the ruling party. They were vocal in their insistence that Kemi should resign.

Fast forward to the suspended CJN. Since he was bursted, and before his suspension, no newspaper in the country pressured him to resign Despite knowing fully well that his crime is a very serious crime. Worst still is that the same opposition party that cried to heaven that the former finance minister be removed were the people defending the crooked CJN.

Our newspapers should be fair in carrying out their job. The suspended CJN committed a gravious crime and who knows if the kind of pressure given to KEMI had been given to him, he wld have resigned and willingly face trials. Now almost all newspapers are writing and recommending that the president should recall him and he should resign immediately.

full dictatorship loading.

Next they want to start closing down newspaper houses for saying the truth.

Buhari made the worst mistake of his life....in his haste to win at all cost.

Na this week his eye go open wella.
Re: I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn by briefness: 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Was Onnoghen a dictator when he prevented a scheduled NJC meeting from holding apparently because he felt an unfavourable decision would have been taken against him. If he forgot to declare assets much more than what he remembered to declare and refused to step aside for investigation to be done and also postponed NJC meeting indefinitely and no one seems to care, then something is wrong with us as a people.
Re: I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn by DMerciful(m): 9:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
What crime did he commit?
ashacot:

Re: I Blame Nigeria Newspapers For Onnoghen Insistence To Continue As Cjn by DMerciful(m): 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
He wasn't a dictator but the NJC were already intimidated so better to shift the meeting till calm returns then they will be able to take informed decision
briefness:
Was Onnoghen a dictator when he prevented a scheduled NJC meeting from holding apparently because he felt an unfavourable decision would have been taken against him. If he forgot to declare assets much more than what he remembered to declare and refused to step aside for investigation to be done and also postponed NJC meeting indefinitely and no one seems to care, then something is wrong with us as a people.

(1) (Reply)

2019election: Obasanjo In Close Door Meeting With Politicians, Security Chiefs / Osinbajo Mobbed As He Continues Engagements In Kogi After Copter Crash / CUPP Alleges Plan To Force Onnoghen To Resign At Gun Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.