Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator (26549 Views)

Edo Primary: APC Removes Uzodinma As Chairman, Names Otu As Replacement / Suspects Named Uche Nwosu & Okorocha As Sponsors Of Kidnapping - Imo Govt / APC Removes Oshiomhole’s Pictures, Banners At Party Secretariat In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by labusinessguide: 10:08am On Jan 28, 2019
I'm super excited about this

2 Likes

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Jason007: 10:09am On Jan 28, 2019
very funny, They are about to create a monster who would later destroy the party structure in Imo state.
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by oladele00(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]

ONNOGHENGATE AS A RIDICULE OF THE JUDICIARY

It's an indisputable fact that the purpose of law in any society is to ensure societal stability and enhance the course of justice, thus in the quest for the purpose of law, there existed for ages, the age long debate over law, as it is and how it ought to be, between the legal positivist and natural law theorists.

However, one must admit that the decades long debate is very germane to our situation in Nigeria today where morals have completely disappeared into thin air and is not helped by our loss of public morality which is questioned by the position of William Blackstone that "Law is the embodiment of the moral sentiment of the people".

Following the suspension last week of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) by Mr. President acting on the judicial ruling of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) before whom the CJN is evidently on the run from standing trial for abuse of office and the constitution for false declaration of assets and operation of foreign accounts among other charges, all hell has been let loose as opinions varied on the legality of Mr. President's action and it's implications on the rule of law and national security.

Let us examine Mr. President's action in line with the provisions of the constitution, section 292(1) A, which states that, A judicial officer shall not be removed from his office or appointment before his age of retirement except in the following circumstances -

(a) in the case of -
(I) Chief Justice of Nigeria, President of the Court of Appeal, Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Grand Kadi of the Sharia Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory Abuja and President Customary Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, by the President acting on an address supposed by two-thirds majority of the Senate,
(ii) Chief Judge of a State, Grand Kadi of a Sharia Court of Appeal or President of a Customary Court of Appeal of a State by the Governor acting on an address supported by two-thirds majority of the House of Assembly of the State.

Praying that he be so removed for his inability yo discharge the functions of his office or appointment ( Whether arising from infirmity of mind or of body) or for misconduct or contravention of the code of conduct.

From the above analysis, it is clearly stated, the process through which a judicial officer can be removed from office.

Therefore, the question to ask at this juncture is that, has the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) been removed from office in line with the above stated provisions or suspended based on the law? The law in this case is the order of the CCT.

Thus, in the midst of the cacophony of voices on the matter, as ordinary citizens in order not to be misled and confused, we must be circumspect and demand to know the difference between removal from office and suspension from office as carried out by the President in deference to the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) ruling which is a law?

Also, we need to ask, is the ruling of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) enforceable and by who? Is the executive (Mr. President) in violation of the constitution for enforcing a ruling of the (CCT)?

Furthermore, on matters before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), who has the powers to determine the issue of jurisdiction of the case, is it the CCT or other courts outside of it? These are salient questions that should ponder any discerning mind, embarrassed by the dance of shame by the judiciary.

However, it is disheartening and shameful to note that rather than be honourable enough to resign and stand trial for an infraction of the constitution if we are to believe the information out there in the public domain that the ex Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Walter Onnoghen admitted forgetting to declare his assets and foreign bank accounts as required by law, which is an admission of guilt, but he has continued to desecrate the temple of justice by abusing his former position to curry judicial favours through restraining and counter restraining orders against the CCT from all angles.

Unfortunately,, Nigerians have been treated to the embarrassment that has become of our judiciary, whereby the courts have been churning out orders like goods on the wares when rationality and logic demands that the integrity of the temple of justice is jealously guarded by refusing to issue frivolous and ludicrous injunctions which are questionable.

In xraying the issues, it is also important to query the involvement of the National Industrial Court (NIC) restraining order on the (CCT) over the arraignment of CJN Onnoghen when the matter at hand is not an industrial dispute but has to do with alledged violations of the constitution by a public officer of which the CJN is mentioned and is purely within the purview of the CCB.

This is nothing other than an assault on the integrity of the judiciary which has been brought to public ridicule by deviating from it's core mandate of dispensing justice, to being shamelessly manipulated to become a political weapon for feathering the personal interest of a high ranking judicial officer the CJN, which is irresponsible, barbaric, reckless, provocative and condemnable.

It is important to assert that while attempts are made to confuse and incite the populace by the legal gymnastics from some learned minds and public commentators, we must not lose sight of our culture and tradition even from the days of old, which frowns at the continued stay of a priest of the temple whose character has been called to question, still sitting in the temple not to talk of carrying out priestly responsibilities, it's an abomination.

One thing is certain from the unfolding development and it is that if we are indeed a country of serious minds, there is a need to rework our laws to reflect our consciousness as civilized beings whose public morality must be of the highest standards like the days of old when men and women of honour and integrity bestrode our political space as in other clime unlike what presently obtains.

Long live, the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 28, 2019
Sai BaBa Incompetency
Sai IBERIBERISM
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by EzeNri(m): 10:10am On Jan 28, 2019
I am anti-rochas and everything he represents but APC is making a mistake here and Rochas sef is greedy.

We told him Alaigbo is not Yoruba land where one man has over 32 million people in his pyjamas pocket.

2 Likes

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Innocent229(m): 10:11am On Jan 28, 2019
HahahaHahaha
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Jayslicky: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2019
Richdad50:
I remember many years back in mid 2000 when I first met Rochas Okoracha at a public function I was invited to. At that time, he was growing in popularity due to his vast charities and philanthropic works spread across most of the northern states. We had a close encounter and shook hands. I could only see a man with so much drive to do good works. Little did I know the outcome years later would be catastrophic.

Men are shaped by ideas and ideas influences politics. Politics affects the quality of life of a people. To be progressive does not translate to the quality of one's ideas. As a matter of fact, you can progress in error. A leader listens to the tone and drumbeats of his followers. He went tonedeaf and lost the right dance to their beats.

#Richdad
For this comment, I respect you.

1 Like

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by fredoooooo: 10:13am On Jan 28, 2019
De ja vu ... thanks Okorocha for all you've done in the past , APC is more than just one man ... on to the next ...

Sai APC
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 28, 2019
Richdad50:
I remember many years back in mid 2000 when I first met Rochas Okoracha at a public function I was invited to. At that time, he was growing in popularity due to his vast charities and philanthropic works spread across most of the northern states. We had a close encounter and shook hands. I could only see a man with so much drive to do good works. Little did I know the outcome years later would be catastrophic.

Men are shaped by ideas and ideas influences politics. Politics affects the quality of life of a people. To be progressive does not translate to the quality of one's ideas. As a matter of fact, you can progress in error. A leader listens to the tone and drumbeats of his followers. He went tonedeaf and lost the right dance to their beats.

#Richdad
U have said it all
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by BanevsJoker(m): 10:17am On Jan 28, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:
Okorocha is a disgrace to Imo people...

Say no to APc

Say no to lifelessness

Say no to Iberiberism
Okorocha is a Northerner pls. Don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by 8stargeneral: 10:17am On Jan 28, 2019
Good for him,Rochas said he will expose apc,so now is d right time.

2 Likes

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Creamz(m): 10:18am On Jan 28, 2019
Fuckuignos:
"Atiku didn't suspend his Campaign because of ASUU Strike but because we caught a thief. Esprit De Corps"

which thief did you catch?
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Chiachifranklin: 10:22am On Jan 28, 2019
What goes comes around ,never you bite the finger that is feeding u
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by berrystunn(m): 10:23am On Jan 28, 2019
Fuckuignos:
"Atiku didn't suspend his Campaign because of ASUU Strike but because we caught a thief. Esprit De Corps"

ASUU have nothing to do with our democracy.
Suspending CJN is not the issue but the process is the issue.

Suspending campaign is not because of CJN , but our democracy is more important than campaign.

1 Like

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by dfrost: 10:29am On Jan 28, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
Lol, the many woes of Okorocha

This will make a good book title. Trials of Mr. Okorocha cheesy grin
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by tesppidd: 10:29am On Jan 28, 2019
Sirheny007:
@tesppidd
Do you see it now?
Kids like you should be off Nairaland.

I hope you have now understood the real meaning of that proverb i dropped that "Nobody ever wins a fight against his kinsmen"
Rochas insulted us Imolites because of a useless party APC now Imolites are having the last laugh.

Now that i have explained the proverb to you, rest assured that the bride price your father paid for your mother was a huge waste.

See this silly thing!

Were you mixed in a factory at onitsha!

Did the APC just dump him?

APC have their hands tied because Okorocha is heading APC campaign in Imo while working for his inlaw's party which is AA.

They were forced to drop him.

Stop forcing your stupiidity in us.
I heard it's infectious.
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Sirheny007(m): 10:36am On Jan 28, 2019
[s]
tesppidd:
See this silly thing!

Were you mixed in a factory at onitsha!

Did the APC just dump him?

APC have their hands tied because Okorocha is heading APC campaign in Imo while working for his inlaw's party which is AA.

They were forced to drop him.

Stop forcing your stupiidity in us.
I heard it's infectious.
[/s]

I relate Rochas's woes in connection to Imolites and not APC.
Rochas can be sweets with APC i dont give a hoot (but it's obvious he isn't). He's fallen out with the people.
His political career is dead.
I'm done with you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 10:36am On Jan 28, 2019
dfrost:

This will make a good book title. Trials of Mr. Okorocha cheesy grin
Aswear...hahahaha
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by BruncleZuma: 10:41am On Jan 28, 2019
Esseite:
And Okorocha carried this APC on his head like gala then... embarassed

At a point, he started insulting his region for APC... now who does he run to?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Ijele0001: 10:43am On Jan 28, 2019
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW PEOPLE WIN MASSIVELY THROUGH BET AND WHY THEY NEVER WORRY OF LOSSING?
EXPERIENCE WHAT WINNING FEELS LIKE NOW

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Moyo21(m): 10:46am On Jan 28, 2019
Its the first time i will be making a comment on Nairaland, Good morning all and have a great week.
Also i think APC woes is fast rising and since its thier way Okorocha can join PDP asap
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Oluchi10: 10:47am On Jan 28, 2019
I remember when oshiomole was been chosen as APC chairman, this same okorocha was jumping to the press making all kind of statement such as: Let it be known to everyone dat in this new dispensation there is no more monkey dey work baboon dey chop. how time flies. what u sow u reap

2 Likes

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Sholaco: 10:50am On Jan 28, 2019
Long overdue...a greedy man
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 28, 2019
Okoroawusa is gone in Imo state

1 Like

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by melejo(m): 10:57am On Jan 28, 2019
Sirheny007:
@tesppidd
Do you see it now?
Kids like you should be off Nairaland.

I hope you have now understood the real meaning of that proverb i dropped that "Nobody ever wins a fight against his kinsmen"
Rochas insulted us Imolites because of a useless party APC now Imolites are having the last laugh.

Now that i have explained the proverb to you, rest assured that the bride price your father paid for your mother was a huge waste.

Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by kikake: 10:57am On Jan 28, 2019
oluchisimfred:
The National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has removed Governor Rochas Okorocha as Imo campaign coordinator, few days after the committee chaired by Mathew Omegara summoned the Imo State governor and six others to appear before it.

National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, who confirmed that the APC has removed Okorocha as Imo campaign coordinator, said the decision followed the recommendation of the disciplinary committee set up by the Imo APC over allegations of anti-party activities levelled against the governor and others.

Punch reported that he said; 

“What has happened in Imo shows that the APC means business. Once they have complied with all the rules, no problem. When they bring the recommendation to the NWC, we will look at it.”

“The APC had directed governors to take over the campaign of the party in the state. Where it has no governor, it directed governorship candidate to take over. Since Okorocha has displayed anti-party traits, you can’t expect him to be part of our strategic meetings again.”

“The party should be appreciated that it is possible to query a governor and recommend him for suspension,” he added.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/01/28/apc-removes-okorocha-as-imo-campaign-coordinator/

THE 12 LGAs OF ORLU ZONE CHEER APC FOR THIS.

Okorocha made APC about to lose entire Orlu senatorial zone;

because Okorocha abandoned Orlu zone to rot, converted Orlu municipal LGA to rural area status, suffocated every government development project in Orlu, because of his private business interests;

as he lavished/wasted 8 years of Imo and its LGA allocations on building his pet project of Owerri Mega City, where he demolished inner Owerri for new eight lane boulevards, but still built many bye pass roads to avoid vehicles in inner Owerri, a waste of resources due to Okorocha's malice against some people in Orlu zone.

Humans live on scores of dilapidated inner streets of Orlu, ravaged by floods due to uncompleted urban drainage gutter started by previous govts.

Okorocha was only after his private businesses in his village and in Owerri, building roads right from Owerri to connect his village.

1 Like

Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by pastie(m): 11:02am On Jan 28, 2019
You all saying shit about Okorocha knows nothing about the political atmosphere here in Nigerian, Rocha's has long ago clings the elite roll of this country and nothing can make him lose that status.
what matters now is him winning his senatorial seat, henceforth he can switch to any leading political party that ever win the forth coming election.
No doubt, he may have his wrong doing but whichever ways, I tap into his blessing.
Re: APC Removes Okorocha As Imo Campaign Coordinator by InvertedHammer: 11:14am On Jan 28, 2019
Asshurbanipall:
A bag of gworo aka abagworo come and read how APC has iberiberised Okoroawusa. Okoroawusa is now useless and worthless to APC, the next thing is to jail him immediately he hands over power. cheesy
/
Abagworo is the worst of his kind.

He stands for nothing and falls for everything.

/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trouble In Senate Over Recruitment Scandal / Bisi Ilawole, Akeredolu’s Commissioner, Others Defect To ZLP / If Twitter Opened Its Office In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.