Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) (12045 Views)

Opera News And Association Of Campus Journalists Organize Essay Competition With / Chess Players Association Of Nigeria CPAN End Of Season Award (photos) / Little Boy Joins "Sweet Boys Association". Shows His Swag At A Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by giwish(m): 7:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
Kolombz:
yeah.Though,i have not been active for a while now.What is your username?.Let me add you as a friend so we can play a couple of games.

TunechiT....uers?
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by giwish(m): 7:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
Kolombz:
yeah.Though,i have not been active for a while now.What is your username?.Let me add you as a friend so we can play a couple of games.

TunechiT....urs?
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2019
giwish:

TunechiT....urs?
Kolombz and nairaboi.I operate two accounts.
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
PhyllsBaba:

Etete2 is mine* chess.com
O.k I will add you as a friend.Though,i have not been actively playing for a while now
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Cmanforall: 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2019
Kolombz:

That is close to unachievable in Nigeria which is attributable to the fact that here in west africa,chess as a game and a sport is not taken seriously.Majority of people dislike or are just indifferent about chess on the ground that the game is difficult to learn or it is boring which is ridiculous.
You may not know if there is Nigerian GM.

They should advertise the tournament very well. Most of the players in there are probably living in a particular region of the country.
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Atiku007: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
You no fit know finish for chess game. I am sure to knock you checkmate under 10 moves.. Try and see. cool
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
mehvo:
L-R, the second guy in the 8th pics was the one that played against Magnus Carlsen (the world best) early last year.. Quite tactics player, unfortunately, he lost both games.
That he survived after that sef is a miracle. but I'm glad nigerians have started playing at the world stage
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by smeag0l(m): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2019
Nigeria does not have a GM as of present but there arr national players like Daniel Anwuli, Femi Balogun, Bomo Kighigha and a few others who have good chances of becoming GM''s. Chess players in Nigeria are mostly in lagos, port Harcourt, Abuja, Ibadan, Bayelsa and Delta.
Cmanforall:

You may not know if there is Nigerian GM.

They should advertise the tournament very well. Most of the players in there are probably living in a particular region of the country.

1 Like

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by HisGrace0000001(m): 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Kolombz:

What is your username? Let me add you as a friend
Morethanconqueror.
But will need your whatsapp contact cos of better communication
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by HisGrace0000001(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
How can one participate in competitions?
I stay in ogun state
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by acesoul(m): 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2019
dejavubobo1:
Other awards were given to Abdulrahman Akintoye Abdulraheem as the Best Player in the year 2018, Best Suporter of the year, Mr Tajudeen Oyeneyin and Ekunke Goodness as the Best U10 Junior of the year 2018.
Wow!..I just knew i will find abduraman name on the list...back tjen in unilorin they guy na guy eat, sleeps wakes with chess... Congrats chessmaster�

1 Like

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
HisGrace0000001:
Morethanconqueror.
But will need your whatsapp contact cos of better communication
I have added you as a friend on chess.com.Username-Nairaboi.
What level of play are you at?.
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by harrick(m): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
any chess hangout in lagos? e dun tey wey i play, i dun rusty

Howfar guy if ur close To egbeda area we fit hook up
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Cmanforall: 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2019
smeag0l:
Nigeria does not have a GM as of present but there arr national players like Daniel Anwuli, Femi Balogun, Bomo Kighigha and a few others who have good chances of becoming GM''s. Chess players in Nigeria are mostly in lagos, port Harcourt, Abuja, Ibadan, Bayelsa and Delta.
They should advertise the tournaments well. Some good chess players don't know when these games commence, only to read about it and the winners when it's over. More efforts should be made towards its publicity.
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Omonoba1: 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2019
Wow! This is cool! I love Chess.. Best game ever.

1 Like

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by tunmedies(m): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
Chess is my best game!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by GMsammikov(m): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
Nice one, congrats Abdul Abdul. He earned it.
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Timijo(m): 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2019
smeag0l:
Guy, the more you look the more you see. There are also many good chess players in Kaduna too. I play chess too and I meet these guys in clubs.
Although I am 1600 + rated player and I am training to make more progress.
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by dejavubobo1(m): 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
acesoul:

Wow!..I just knew i will find abduraman name on the list...back tjen in unilorin they guy na guy eat, sleeps wakes with chess... Congrats chessmaster�
He just won a tournament in Gibraltar. He's been in form
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by dejavubobo1(m): 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
Cmanforall:

They should advertise the tournaments well. Some good chess players don't know when these games commence, only to read about it and the winners when it's over. More efforts should be made towards its publicity.
Nice one.
for tournament details visit chess players association of Nigeria on Facebook.
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by stanley000: 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2019
xxxtedyxxx:
Life is a chess game....don't be a pawn.

One of my resolutions of 2018 was to learn how to play the beautiful game of chess.

I am glad I finally did.

we are either kings or pawn to kings. One have to make a choice
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by stanley000: 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
HisGrace0000001:
How can one participate in competitions?
I stay in ogun state
u first need to get out of your shithole. Here in Lagos chess boards are like pure water sachets. Well although it still depends on your environment
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by greenskittles: 11:43pm On Jan 29, 2019
dejavubobo1:
Sorry I'm having difficulty getting the pix up there but I ll before end of today Tuesday 29th.
Captain of the winning team DCIPHERS

2017 champs FACILITY CONTROL
So this is the guy they put me up against in that tournament about a year ago?? Totally unfair grin I just wasted my N2500 registration fee but it was fun to get hammered by all these professionals.

1 Like

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by criuze(m): 7:28am On Jan 30, 2019
My master told me I won't win him for the first one year

But I checkmated him in my first three weeks from then on and on
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Caprison(m): 9:30am On Jan 30, 2019
HisGrace0000001:
Hi,lets play on chess. com Kindly message me your whatsapp digits and chess. come username.
08105472702...whatsapp me
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by dejavubobo1(m): 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2019
greenskittles:

So this is the guy they put me up against in that tournament about a year ago?? Totally unfair grin I just wasted my N2500 registration fee but it was fun to get hammered by all these professionals.
Who what's his name
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by greenskittles: 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
dejavubobo1:

Who what's his name
I can't remember his name, he's the one wearing the brown suit and holding that trophy. I still remember that day, he was wearing one orange Ankara like this grin grin He gave me no breathing space at all, it was after the first game I realized I wasn't going to win anything grin
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by dejavubobo1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2019
greenskittles:

I can't remember his name, he's the one wearing the brown suit and holding that trophy. I still remember that day, he was wearing one orange Ankara like this grin grin He gave me no breathing space at all, it was after the first game I realized I wasn't going to win anything grin
lol... that's Dennis. but u should learn & improve from there
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by greenskittles: 1:19am On Jan 31, 2019
dejavubobo1:

lol... that's Dennis. but u should learn & improve from there
Yup, I am! Though my improvement seems to have stagnated for a while, can't figure out what I need to do next apart from practicing tactics.
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Cmanforall: 8:43am On Jan 31, 2019
dejavubobo1:

for tournament details visit chess players association of Nigeria on Facebook.
Maybe not for me.
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by dejavubobo1(m): 10:25am On Jan 31, 2019
greenskittles:

Yup, I am! Though my improvement seems to have stagnated for a while, can't figure out what I need to do next apart from practicing tactics.
once in awhile play old grandmasters games & try see their ideas. I ll recommend u play through Nimvowitch or Bobby Fischer games

1 Like

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by tocin44(m): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2019
Kolombz:

Do you have an account on chess.com or any chess app?

I do. 'Real Chess' app

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Event Management Company In Abuja / FG Announces New Date For Abuja Carnival / Wish Someone A 'Merry Christmas'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.