Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,992 members, 7,848,995 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) (12026 Views)

Opera News And Association Of Campus Journalists Organize Essay Competition With / Chess Players Association Of Nigeria CPAN End Of Season Award (photos) / Little Boy Joins "Sweet Boys Association". Shows His Swag At A Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 31, 2019
tocin44:

I do. 'Real Chess' app
I don't really know the app.The popular chess apps are chess.com and lichess.You can try them out if you haven't.
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2019
greenskittles:

Yup, I am! Though my improvement seems to have stagnated for a while, can't figure out what I need to do next apart from practicing tactics.
Chess is not only about tactics.Strategy is another component of chess which you need to work on too.Both components(strategy and tactics) are inextricably linked.Bobby fischer famously stated that"Tactics originates from a superior position".So If you are lacking in either,It will be difficult to make any improvements in your game.
If you are really intent on improving,i will recommend that you study strategic games on chessgame.com.
Moreover,you should also read the book" Reassess your chess" by Jerry silman.It elaborates on many strategic concepts.

1 Like

Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by tocin44(m): 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2019
Kolombz:

I don't really know the app.The popular chess apps are chess.com and lichess.You can try them out if you haven't.

Real Chess is very good too. Works perfectly with good graphics. I've not had reason to try another
Re: Chess Players Association Of Nigeria End Of Season Awards (pictures) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
My rating is 2005
Yet, i suck at end games. Hey, you ever bet money on chess?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Event Management Company In Abuja / Wish Someone A 'Merry Christmas' / FG Announces New Date For Abuja Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.