Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

What Our Parents Really Wanted Us To Understand When They.... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Our Parents Really Wanted Us To Understand When They.... (406 Views)

Guidelines To Understand The Children’s Book Structure And Form / Reason Why You Need To Understand Your Spouse / Life Requires More Than The Ability To Understand, Memorise And Reproduce It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Our Parents Really Wanted Us To Understand When They.... by Simiwords(f): 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
WHAT OUR PARENTS REALLY WANTED US TO UNDERSTAND WHEN THEY TAUGHT US NOT TO CHEAT IN EXAMS.

This understanding could have not been more revealed to me as it was in the book 'sweet sixteen' by Bolaji Abdullahi.
The wisdom behind such teaching was revealed in just a line that made me question why my parents had not made it compulsory for me to read such a book as I came of age... but its better late than never and even know I find the teachings of the book suitable for all ages as it can reveal our truest intentions and help us reflect on what is right or wrong. I will undoubtedly ensure my future children read this book as they come of age.
The lessons in the book are multiple and will take some time of reflective studying to really put its teachings to use but what caught my attention in the book was the particular lesson on why we should not cheat in school. As Aliyah's father put it, "when we cheat in school, we cheat in life too" and I could not agree more.
After some time of deep thinking and reasoning, I realised that, that statement couldn't have been more right. Being a young lady going through life, having my ups and downs, I can boldly say that I fully back that statement.

continue reading---https://wwwilow./

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Consider When Taking A Bride / The Foolish Ruler / The Mystic Four

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.