Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! (838 Views)

Buhari Did Not Visit Chibok - GMB Campaign Office / Six Killed, Many Hospitalized As Buhari Supporters Raze PDP Campaign Office / Segun Adewale Allegedly Fires Shots Into APC Campaign Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by wales(m): 6:22am On Aug 18, 2010
Cleaners, fumigators and other workmen were hard at work at No 13 Beira Crescent, in the Wuse II area of Abuja yesterday. This is where Nuhu Ribadu, former anti-graft boss, is setting up a campaign office in line with his bid to run for president in 2011.

Although Mr. Ribadu is yet to announce an alignment with any particular political party and has not publicly declared his intentions to run, it is only a matter of days before he does that now, his aides told NEXT yesterday.

He has not yet declared but will do that soon," said Chido Onumah, media assistant to the former EFCC boss. "This is the presidential campaign office and it should be ready in a couple of days. It will be the hub of operations for his bid to run for president."

Mr. Onumah also said that his team has recruited a group of professionals who will undertake several positions in the new office. Mr. Ribadu is widely touted as the preferred candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria, (ACN). "It is not certain what political platform Mr. Ribadu will be running under but he has been approached by several parties," said Mr. Onumah. "He is currently consulting widely with other politicians and groups. At the end of the day, he will sit back and decide which political platform fits into his plans and visions."

The ACN, however, insists that Mr. Ribadu is yet to formally join the party and therefore cannot be considered a prospective presidential candidate. "I am not aware that Nuhu Ribadu has joined the party," said Lai Mohammed, the party spokesperson.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5608109-147/ribadu_opens_campaign_office_in_abuja.csp

Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by Jarus(m): 11:50am On Aug 18, 2010
If Ribadu publicly declares, I will actively campaign for him, the first time I will be partisan in my life.
Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by SkyBlue1: 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
Has he publicly declared his intention to run? I just don't know what is wrong with Nigeria, less than six months to a presidential election and we only know of about three or two people who are seriously campaigning and they are from the same party. What are other candidates doing? They will declare 3 days to election and expect to win or else say they lost because of rigging? What kind of stupidity is this?
Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by slap1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2010
For now, I'd say Ribadu, Shekarau & the other 'saints' are a pack of comedians. Nigeria is not ripe for people like them to even become Aso Rock gateman.
Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by jaso1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ All
We have the last chance to deliver this country from perpetual boudage by voting one of most outstanding credible persons in Nigeria to pillot the ship of this country into a competative nation among others.
All the old veteran pressently handling this nation affair are going senile with outdated and criminal minds, don't be deceive, it's only when everyone of them are imprison this country will beging move forward. how can this be realise is by voting this credible man (Ribadu) as president. i've listen to many of his interview when he was leading EFCC he promised no stone ontouch and i belive in this sentiment the greatest icon of blesessed memory Gani fawehinmi share before suporting him, give him the support he will deliver us from internal slavery perpetual poverty and inhuman treatment by those crooks. Let do it again we did it for MKO and we can still do it, the country is ours and should be given all it requires by well meaning NIGERIANS to lift it up, deliver from been wost beyond control, !
Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by SkyBlue1: 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2010
jas_o:

@ All
We have the last chance to deliver this country from perpetual boudage by voting one of most outstanding credible persons in Nigeria to pillot the ship of this country into a competative nation among others.
All the old veteran pressently handling this nation affair are going senile with outdated and criminal minds, don't be deceive, it's only when everyone of them are imprison this country will beging move forward. how can this be realise is by voting this credible man (Ribadu) as president. i've listen to many of his interview when he was leading EFCC he promised no stone ontouch and i belive in this sentiment the greatest icon of blesessed memory Gani fawehinmi share before suporting him, give him the support he will deliver us from internal slavery perpetual poverty and inhuman treatment by those crooks. Let do it again we did it for MKO and we can still do it, the country is ours and should be given all it requires by well meaning NIGERIANS to lift it up, deliver from been wost beyond control, !

Has he done any campaigning? Has he even declared? Do people believe they can win elections by simply 'thinking of' contesting? The mind really does boggle. We are less than six months to an election.
Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by ud4u: 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2010
Vote the man that cleared OBJ, Bode Goerge and their likes from corrupt practices? yes wait for me I will vote him, abi wetin una want make I talk.
Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by desgiezd(m): 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2010
slap1:

For now, I'd say Ribadu, Shekarau & the other 'saints' are a pack of comedians. Nigeria is not ripe for people like them to even become Aso Rock gateman.

So you'll prefer that things remain as they have been and still are?
Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by slap1(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2010
desgiezd:

So you'll prefer that things remain as they have been and still are?
Nope! Just being realistic. It's all good and fine to want Ribadu to contest, but can you bet a few thousands that he's gonna come near winning with the status quo? And, let's face it, Ribadu may not be worth his weight in gold afterall.
Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by chidichris(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
funny enough, we as a ppl have been disorganised by hunger and poverty that we all think straight.
so if ribadu becomes president, he will come back and fight obj and his corrupt personels.
by the way, if it is not obj's making, how will he allow ribadu to come back and run against his line-up?
will pdp ever allow any strong oposition?
the earlier we begin to reason along with these political criminals, the better for us.
Re: Ribadu Opens Campaign Office In Abuja ! by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 19, 2010

(1)

Are Ibos The New Political Hot Cakes? / Greatest Nigerian Of The Past 50 Years / Incredible ! Fashola Once Lived In This Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.