Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam (7534 Views)

"IPOB Must Renounce Violence" - Olawepo Hashim Urges FG To Free Nnamdi Kanu / Photos From Abdulsalami-led Peace Committee Meeting With Atiku, Obi In Abuja / Abdusalami-Led Peace Committee In Crucial Meeting With Atiku, Obi In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by mrrights: 10:48am On Jan 29, 2019
Onnoghen: PT’s Olawepo-Hashim Urges Abubakar-Led Peace Committee, NJC To Break Logjam Over CJN’s Suspension

ABUJA (Sundiata Post) – Presidential candidate of People’s Trust (PT) in the February 16 election, Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, has called on the General Abdulsalami Abubakar-led National Peace Committee and the Nigeria Judicial Council (NJC) to intervene and amicably resolve the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Walter Onnoghen, in order to avert political and constitutional crises.

Olawepo-Hashim made the call against the backdrop of the combative and intransigent position taken by President Muhammadu Buhari who last Friday acted on a black market ex-parte order procured at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) to suspend Onnoghen and swear in his stead Justice Tanko Mohammed as acting CJN.

He said in an interview on Monday in Abuja that all presidential candidates, including President Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, were made to sign a peace, which among others, was to ensure peace before and after the election.

Olawepo-Hashim, however, lamented that the suspension of the CJN, barely three weeks to the 2019 general election and the hasty manner in which the Acting CJN, Justice Tanko Mohammed, swore in judges of election tribunals, “have compromised the credibility of the electoral process and are thus capable of undermining peace and stability during and after the election.”

He said now was the time for the Abubakar Committee, which comprises eminent Nigerians, to swing into action and find a peaceful solution to imminent political and constitutional crises.

While insisting that the suspension of Onnoghen negated the laws of Nigeria and therefore an indication that the country had fallen into dictatorship, Olaepo-Hashim urged the Acting CJN to step aside since his appointment had not followed due process.

According to him, “Such an appointment must be done on the recommendation of the Nigeria Judicial Commission (NJC), which was not the case in the appointment of Justice Tanko.”

He said President Buhari had 4 years to fight corruption but queried the sudden onslaught on Onnoghen, few weeks to the general election.

Olawepo-Hashim therefore called on the Acting CJN to step aside and allow a process where the next CJN in line would be recommended by the NJC.

He declared: “I am not particularly interested in individuals but how to preserve the integrity of institutions of state such as the Judiciary.

“The weighty allegations against Justice Onnoghen should still be investigated by the NJC and it should be up to the NJC to know what to do with him in accordance with the constitution the Federal Republic of Nigeria and other judicial regulations.”

https://sundiatapost.com/2019/01/28/onnoghen-pts-olawepo-hashim-urges-abubakar-led-peace-committee-njc-to-break-logjam-over-cjns-suspension/

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by crayon001(m): 10:49am On Jan 29, 2019
I'm getting sick of this CJN topic. Can someone, anyone just throw that dullard out of ASO ROCK and get Nigeria working again. Please!!

If this thread makes it to FP, this post will be my first ever FTC. I think it's time I understood the fuss about FTC.

Modified: So we are here now. I didn't get any credit alert for being FTC.

However, I'm dedicating this to all of my kind who come on Nairaland to stay informed.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by mrvitalis(m): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2019
What's all this noise the suspended ex CJN should approach a court of appeal and save us all this noise

Seems even pdp has been advised by their legal team and the noise has died down

There is absolutely no case here

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by ClearFlair: 11:18am On Jan 29, 2019
crayon001:
I'm getting sick of this CJN topic. Can someone, anyone just throw that dullard out of ASO ROCK and get Nigeria working again. Please!!

If this thread makes it to FP, this post will be my first ever FTC. I think it's time I understood the fuss about FTC.

You’re not sick yet. When we vote in PMB again you’ll know you’re sick.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by banio: 11:20am On Jan 29, 2019
Buhari I support You. Suspend the constitution and rule us with decrees. You are upright and god sent. You are blameless and anything you do is right.

Said Baba.

Thunder fire all Zooombbees

14 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by ekaette1621: 11:22am On Jan 29, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by Joy4566777: 11:24am On Jan 29, 2019
See prove below

Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 29, 2019
angry

Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 29, 2019
cool
Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by DMerciful(m): 11:36am On Jan 29, 2019
Bubu is an existential threat to Nigeria's unity!
Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by EiConsulting: 12:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
it is well with us.

Planning on working in Canada? reach us today let's make your dreams come true.
Re: Onnoghen: Olawepo Hashim Urges Abubakar-led Peace Committee To Break Logjam by blujoi(m): 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2019
Guys, I’m sure Buhari is not aware that the CJN has been suspended, you remember that he was not aware of his arrangement at the CCB according to our able Vice President cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Tinubu Hospitalized In France, Contracts COVID-19 / Abiodun's Aide Commends Obasanjo's Pivotal Mentoring in Africa / 18 Most Wanted Nigerians In The US(?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.